MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
If you get an RFE for the I-693 (which is the Vacc suppliment), and you've had your medical within the last year, you DO NOT need to get the whole exam done again. July mentioned having surgeons not willing to do just the vaccination suppliment, but that's just because they want the money. Unless you are told by USCIS to get the whole thing done again, don't pay extra for it.

Rob & Mel, either way, it does have to be done by a USCIS certified civil surgeon (you can find the list on the USCIS website). It seems as though people that are transfered have a better chance of getting by with just their vacc sheet from there interview in Montreal or Van, but if you get an AOS interview, you will need the 1-693 transcribed. I learned the hard way and had to wait an extra 30 days (I received the RFE at the interview, not by mail).

Thank you.

I'm really hoping that we don't have to go to an interview. I about went insane for two weeks trying to add my wife to all my utility bills, credit cards etc. My credit card companies wouldn't do it period. That is because we couldn't get a SSN and DL, and they simply would not accept a passport with the visa and marriage certificate as any sort of proof. I was lucky though that my bank was so easy going about it and put her on straight away, no questions asked. The only caveat was that we had to do it in her maiden name. I do however have all my paperwork adding her to my health insurance, as well as naming her the beneficiary on my life insurance policy. I really don't understand why my cell phone (AT&T), and utility companies would not add her name onto my account. They only gave me the option of replacing my name with hers.

DMV trip #4 today...get there...got excited that it was dead there and wizzed right in...only to find that their systems are down :(

I swear I don't make this **** up! This is the DMV Horror from H***!!!! They did tell me that Homeland security had verified me, but they couldn't take my photo :(

I was determined....I drove to the next DMV and FINALLY GOT MY DL!!!!!! I thought it would never happen!!!! And I must say, that on first try, I toook the best photo I have ever had on a photo ID lol.....Now to hit the Registration office tmrw...and pay them 6% taxes :(

I am still waiting on my EAD...once I get that, i'll hit up the SSN office to get my new SSN card in my married name and also get my son's card...

There has been 2 approvals I saw on the June filers for AOS that got CSC transfers and got approved with no I693...there is also 2 I see that got RFE's at interview for not having it...I think they have gotten really tight...

Had I known, I would have done it...but even if I get an RFE cause of it...I really don't care about the delay...i'll just do it then. i've seen people recently, get an RFE, submit it within days and rec've notification from USCIS that file has been ressumed and then a GC approval a few days later...so I don't think getting an RFE for the I693 is a biggie...

Based on timelines, I should be seeing a GC in about 4 weeks....or an RFE...HAHA!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm secretly hoping they'll remove Gardisil off the list in the next month or so so I don't have to get the last shot before I have the I-693 transcribed. I'm fully expecting an interview at this point, but I suppose I'll know more after my bio appointment next week. Usually if they're going to transfer you they do it after the biometrics it seems...

Huggles....wow great pic sexy girl!!!! U look great! I love the new pics peeps r posting...I'm getting a better look at y'all!

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline
If you get an RFE for the I-693 (which is the Vacc suppliment), and you've had your medical within the last year, you DO NOT need to get the whole exam done again. July mentioned having surgeons not willing to do just the vaccination suppliment, but that's just because they want the money. Unless you are told by USCIS to get the whole thing done again, don't pay extra for it.

Rob & Mel, either way, it does have to be done by a USCIS certified civil surgeon (you can find the list on the USCIS website). It seems as though people that are transfered have a better chance of getting by with just their vacc sheet from there interview in Montreal or Van, but if you get an AOS interview, you will need the 1-693 transcribed. I learned the hard way and had to wait an extra 30 days (I received the RFE at the interview, not by mail).

Exactly!!! That's why we're going to contact Dr. Arnold in Texas and pay the $30 or whatever and do it via the phone/fax/mail. We have a month, so if we do it now, should have the transcription done & back within a couple of weeks.

We did turn in the vax sheet, just not the transcription. So, we're going for that now.

Also, does someone know if I need to bring in another 2 months (most recent) worth of pay stubs??? The NOA says 2 months worth, but I didn't know if that was in addition to the already submitted 2 months or another 2 months.

Thanks!

PS

Now that I'm back to work, I can finally get to check the VJ site again!!! LOLOL

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Huggles....wow great pic sexy girl!!!! U look great! I love the new pics peeps r posting...I'm getting a better look at y'all!

Thanks poprocks! :luv: I posted a couple in the wedding details thread if you're feeling adventurous!

I saw them! They were gorgeous huggles! It's just nice to see your face in ur profile...u have a beautiful smile :)

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline
I saw them! They were gorgeous huggles! It's just nice to see your face in ur profile...u have a beautiful smile :)

awww thanks! You're so sweet!!

Got my EAD today :dance::dance::dance:

Also got DL yesterday...went to car registration place today...my plates will be in next week.... I gotta find time to go update my SSN and get my son's...

Now just waiting on GC or an RFE lol... hopefully not the latter lol :)

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Also got DL yesterday...went to car registration place today...my plates will be in next week.... I gotta find time to go update my SSN and get my son's...

YEAH congrats!!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Timeline

Congrats!!

They let you get a state DL with your SSN in your maiden name? Or is this some other kind of updating I'm unaware of? :lol:

Timeline

YEA!!!! :dance: Now, just to get your GC!!!! :)

BTW, we got email notices that Duncan's EAD has been approved and production of the card has been ordered! We should have it in 30 days (or less... ) and he got approveal for his AP! Now, just to get through the AOS interview and approval. We're going to go through Dr. Arnold for the 693... not wanting any RFEs here!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Does anyone know... when there is an interview for AOS, is it like the K1 in MTL where they assign you a date and time, but instead, you show up early in the AM basically disregarding the time of the interview? Or, do we plan to arrive a bit before the scheduled interview time?

Curious. :huh:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Does anyone know... when there is an interview for AOS, is it like the K1 in MTL where they assign you a date and time, but instead, you show up early in the AM basically disregarding the time of the interview? Or, do we plan to arrive a bit before the scheduled interview time?

The field office here in Raleigh was VERY strict about time. If you got there more than a half hour before your interview and were in the security line, they make you keep going to the back of the line until all the people with sooner times had gone ahead of you. My interview was upstairs and they did not even let me go up to the waiting area there until 15 mins before the interview. I do believe that even the number that we were given is based on the time of your interview, so people may have had a higher number than me, but a time sooner than me, so they were called first.

Not to say that this is the way every field office is, but I would go by the time on the letter just to be safe :)

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Congrats!!

They let you get a state DL with your SSN in your maiden name? Or is this some other kind of updating I'm unaware of? :lol:

Sorry if I was unclear... I went and got a DL, my SSN was in my maiden name and I had no issue, but then again, my name is hyphenated so it still shows both. Also, I went to SSN today, changed my name, address and lifted work restrictions. Got my son's SSN :)

Different type of interview. It's a local office, much less traffic....they schedule couples all day long. So arriving more than 20 mins prior would be useless...don't go pissing them off lol HAHA.... they already have an interviewer assigned to you for that day...they each get their work load for the day...that person may have an interview before you. Some couples have been made to wait for loooong periods of time, if the previous interview runs over.... I read this in another discussion thread ;) CONGRATS ON EAD/AP!!!

i'm rubbing my crystal ball and gonna say that I get notification of GC by Oct 6th....that's if I don't get the RFE for the medical HAHA!

Wait I know Jill told me this, I forgot...

I leave into Canada...I show canadian passport to get in.... I wait till I return to US and at that CB crossing, I pull out my AP and say I want to activate it? I don't need to mention anything prior? only whe4n i'm tryin to get back in?

I worry that i'll leave and get locked out!!!!! HAHA! I also worry cause of custody with my son... I mean, i'll have my agreement with me showing that I have full custody, and with my son's AP we should be ok...I hope!

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.