MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm so happy i'm crying right now.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On January 18, 2011, we ordered production of your new card.

9 months minus 10 days...i guess my congresswoman shoved and pushed USCIS!!!!!!!!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i'm so happy i'm crying right now.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On January 18, 2011, we ordered production of your new card.

9 months minus 10 days...i guess my congresswoman shoved and pushed USCIS!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Finally!! I am glad that your congressperson was able to help you out. It is just stupid that it took that long to begin with. At least now you don't have to worry about USCIS for 2 yrs!!

Timeline

Woot - enjoy your time away from USCIS :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just knew when I saw the AOS'rs thread on the front page that Kimbear had gotten what she was waiting for.

Congrats Kimbear! USCIS free for 2 years!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

the only thing that sucks is its gonna take longer to remove conditions since this took so long..ah well..at least like you guys said USCIS FREE for 2 years!!! Guess i have to wait for my actual green card to figure out the dates and stuff. :)

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Woohoo!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I am sooo happy Kimbear, if I was not at work, I would actually be dancing!

A very well deserved AOS approval, hats off to your patience and strong will! I know you had to wait a long time for your K-1 approval and then the AOS was a pain too!

But its finally over, Congratulations!

KnR aka slider100

Congrats Kimbear!

I think it won't change anything for Removing Conditions because the date on your GC should be the one you entered in USA...Mine even expires 4 days before...I entered on March 16 and my GC expires on March 12...

I am really not an expert so you will see when you will get your card!

Anyway I am glad you finally got approved!

Have a good evening everyone!

jo

Jo&Si

Adjustment of Status

AOS, AP. EAD sent on 2010-03-31 Received on April 1st

04/09/2010 NOA1 email/texts for I-485, I-131, I-765

04/17/2010 Biometrics appt letter received

04/21/2010 Biometrics done!!!

05/04/2010 Biometrics appt

04/29/2010 Case transfered to CSC

05/18/2010 AP approval on website after Expedite request for health reason

05/18/2010 EAD approval

06/08/2010 GC Production ordered

06/14/2010 Welcome letter received

06/24/2010 Green Card received

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2012-04-24

NOA Date : 2012-04-30

Bio. Appt. : 2012-07-18 (early bio)

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-01-16

Approved :Yes

Got I551 Stamp :No

Green Card Received :01-26-2013

Timeline

lol so i've gotten 4 uscis emails now.

first one was status : card production ordered, then decision then card production ordered, now i just got another one saying post decision activity and that my application was approved..

is it just me or the order they send the emails in is mixed up..makes for confusion lol

Woohoo!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I am sooo happy Kimbear, if I was not at work, I would actually be dancing!

A very well deserved AOS approval, hats off to your patience and strong will! I know you had to wait a long time for your K-1 approval and then the AOS was a pain too!

But its finally over, Congratulations!

KnR aka slider100

Thanks Slider :)

no kidding eh? started this k1 back in 2008 with a craptastic lawyer and soo many delays mistakes etc. so from start to finish it took 2 years 3 months from start to green card.

HWDWm6.png

Congrats Kimbear :dance:

So happy for you, you handled it well..I think i would have been bald by now..hehehe..

Free for 2 years..WhooHoo

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

first one was status : card production ordered, then decision then card production ordered, now i just got another one saying post decision activity and that my application was approved..

is it just me or the order they send the emails in is mixed up..makes for confusion lol

I noticed that too. With each one I got excited, then kinda mildly happy. I was just glad when my GC got to me in the mail. I think I cried most of that day. Tears of joy. Now to start working on ROC, but after I go back to BC next week for a 3 week visit and get myself FINALLY on track - working, getting myself a car, etc. Then I'll get going on that.

Timeline

well roc is not for a while..2 years minus 90 day lol ...for now..i'm just glad i do not have to deal with immigration at all.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Those emails are always messed up. Mine came in completely the wrong order, and then we even got a couple AFTER we got the green card in hand. At least you know it's on it's way! yayyy!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well the order in which we receive the texts is weird but not wrong, according to USCIS!

1) Once your petition is approved, you get an "Approval email".

2) Shortly after that, they send that application for Card Production, thus the "Card Production email".

3) After that, USCIS has already made their decision by approving your status. Thus, you get a third email stating "Post-Decision" activity! This refers to them mailing you the actual amazingly awesome Green Card.

I know the way in which they have the order up on their website is messed up, but hey Kimbear, who cares now that you are finally approved!

Woohoo, once again!

KnR aka slider100

Timeline

Heading back to BC in the morning. I'm excited but nervous at the same time.

Hopefully I won't have any hassle at the airport or at the border.

Making sure I have all the info I need with me:

passport - in my maiden name

GC - in my married name

IA DL (for ID at the airport)

copy of marriage certificate

copy of birth certificate (probably don't need it, but better to be safe than sorry)

That sound right? Anything else anyone might think I need?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.