MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I had a touch on my I-485 on 8/31/2009 after my husbands bio appt and now another one today. Hopefully this isn't our vaccination record RFE LOL.

No touches since 8/6/2009 on EAD or AP but it is still early yet.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I haven't been touched since the 26th and yesterday was my birthday :(.... hehehe :P (I'm really immature sometimes...)

Timeline
I haven't been touched since the 26th and yesterday was my birthday :(.... hehehe :P (I'm really immature sometimes...)

LOL! That was cute :)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm... interesting. I figured Duncan would get a "touch" after going in on 8/31 for the biometrics appt. However, all dates still show either 7/29 or 8/11. This sux. I'm no where near as anxious as I was waiting for the K-1 interview date, because we're together and here... but him not working is already driving him BATTY and it's only been just over 2 months since he moved here. And, he's about to drive me nuts, too! lol Worst part is, I'm already back at school and the kids start on Tuesday. What is he going to do when I'm gone all day for work!!???! And then the days when I need to stay late to grade or plan or whatever?? OMG... I don't think I want to know about that one! LOLOL

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

LOL! That was cute :)

Hmmm... interesting. I figured Duncan would get a "touch" after going in on 8/31 for the biometrics appt. However, all dates still show either 7/29 or 8/11. This sux. I'm no where near as anxious as I was waiting for the K-1 interview date, because we're together and here... but him not working is already driving him BATTY and it's only been just over 2 months since he moved here. And, he's about to drive me nuts, too! lol Worst part is, I'm already back at school and the kids start on Tuesday. What is he going to do when I'm gone all day for work!!???! And then the days when I need to stay late to grade or plan or whatever?? OMG... I don't think I want to know about that one! LOLOL

I'll let you guys know, that the last touches I had on my AP and EAD were July 28th, my Bio appmnt was after that on August 21st, and I did not have any touches after my Bio appmnt at all....and then I got an approval notice on Sept 2nd, for both AP and EAD, with no touches! My last touch was still showing as late July...and only now, 3 days later is it showing, after I got approved.... so don't base your progress on touches as it is not accurate...I will tell you though, that if you base it on other people getting approved and how far behind them you are, that has been pretty accurate for me...

I was seeing people that filed 2 weeks before me get approved, so I based my future approval on that and then presto..exactly two weeks later I got approved. I know it isn't a sience, but it gives you an idea.

It's also nice to see that CSC transfers are at the same turn around as interview folks...so even if you haven't been transfered, GC's should be arriving around the same time for us all... If the interview goes well, GC's are arriving within a week or two after.

The trends I have been following are recent one's...i'm not looking at turn around times from earlier this year, as USCIS has really sped things up...average turn around for a GC is about 4 months.

A good guide is to go into the AOS forum and look at the May or June filers spreadsheets.

I'm thinking I should see my AP in the mail this coming week...and my EAD could take a little longer as that is a 'card being generated' through their system.

I have decided that once I lift conditions in a couple of years, I am def gonna gear up for applying for citizenship. I figured that i've come this far, i'm gonna go all the way. I don't feel like renewing my PR card in 10 years lol...plus I would like to have to opportunity to bring my mom here in the future...i'm all she has left, and it would be great for her to be close and see my son grow up :)

Plus it's great that we come from a Country that acknowledges duel citizenship :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll let you guys know, that the last touches I had on my AP and EAD were July 28th, my Bio appmnt was after that on August 21st, and I did not have any touches after my Bio appmnt at all....and then I got an approval notice on Sept 2nd, for both AP and EAD, with no touches! My last touch was still showing as late July...and only now, 3 days later is it showing, after I got approved.... so don't base your progress on touches as it is not accurate...I will tell you though, that if you base it on other people getting approved and how far behind them you are, that has been pretty accurate for me...

I was seeing people that filed 2 weeks before me get approved, so I based my future approval on that and then presto..exactly two weeks later I got approved. I know it isn't a sience, but it gives you an idea.

It's also nice to see that CSC transfers are at the same turn around as interview folks...so even if you haven't been transfered, GC's should be arriving around the same time for us all... If the interview goes well, GC's are arriving within a week or two after.

The trends I have been following are recent one's...i'm not looking at turn around times from earlier this year, as USCIS has really sped things up...average turn around for a GC is about 4 months.

A good guide is to go into the AOS forum and look at the May or June filers spreadsheets.

I'm thinking I should see my AP in the mail this coming week...and my EAD could take a little longer as that is a 'card being generated' through their system.

I have decided that once I lift conditions in a couple of years, I am def gonna gear up for applying for citizenship. I figured that i've come this far, i'm gonna go all the way. I don't feel like renewing my PR card in 10 years lol...plus I would like to have to opportunity to bring my mom here in the future...i'm all she has left, and it would be great for her to be close and see my son grow up :)

Plus it's great that we come from a Country that acknowledges duel citizenship :)

I ventured into the AOS forum and put our info on the spreadsheet. Problem is, so many got transferred to CSC, that I'm not sure what to follow and I haven't seen any from Michigan. Guess I will have to go back and find the June and May filers info. <sigh> ((Why didn't he just swim across the river?? LOL))

Thanks for the insight! BTW, congrats again, poprocks!!! I'm so excited you are able to go "home" to see your mom. I know that you've been anxiously awaiting this opportunity! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Thanks for the insight pop! Quick question: Did you find the date on your timeline accurate? Where it says when your EAD and AP is expected to be processed.

Thanks for the insight pop! Quick question: Did you find the date on your timeline accurate? Where it says when your EAD and AP is expected to be processed.

I never checked that?, I was too busy tracking others lol... I have noticed people posting that their Timeline shows past due, and still no approval...so I guess it's not that accurate...but i'm not sure if they are seeing something shortly there after?

This whole USCIS thing really is a poor gamble lol...and with our emotions too! :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Mine was exactly accurate. I got my approval the first day in the EAD range and towards the end of the AP range.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Just starting to do my paperwork for AOS - filling out forms and gathering all the papers we will need. iv got most of the papers we need already its just the forms that are taking a bit to do. need to get an envelope as well. Anyone suggest a good kind to get or just a regular manila envelope? I was thinking to get the bubble envelope in the larger size cus last time we used a manila regular it seemd to be damaged in the post quite badly.

also had a quick question, about the AP do i need that when i get the 2 year green card still? if not i wouldnt do the extra paperwork really.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline
Just starting to do my paperwork for AOS - filling out forms and gathering all the papers we will need. iv got most of the papers we need already its just the forms that are taking a bit to do. need to get an envelope as well. Anyone suggest a good kind to get or just a regular manila envelope? I was thinking to get the bubble envelope in the larger size cus last time we used a manila regular it seemd to be damaged in the post quite badly.

also had a quick question, about the AP do i need that when i get the 2 year green card still? if not i wouldnt do the extra paperwork really.

I just used a regular brown large envelope. As for the AP, no you don't need it once you have GC in hand. But, the cost includes AP and it's only one extra page to fill out! Makes sense to get it, just in case! What if you needed to get back home for an emergency or something, what if your GC takes awhile to process, etc. etc. It makes sense just to apply since it's included in the cost. You never know if you'll need it!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I just used a regular brown envelope as well and just taped the seal and edges because it was thick and just wanted to make sure it was secure.

I also agree with Jill about including the AP stuff. Even if you may not need it, it's good to have in case of emergencies.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

not to be a downer but so far the only " emergency " back home is them forgetting about me and our wedding.. i dont really feel that spending money to go back anytime soon would be productive for my new family ( my husband and I ) as we are pretty tight on the funds for living. lol

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline
not to be a downer but so far the only " emergency " back home is them forgetting about me and our wedding.. i dont really feel that spending money to go back anytime soon would be productive for my new family ( my husband and I ) as we are pretty tight on the funds for living. lol

It's ok, can seem like teh folks back home have forgotten you as they go on with their daily lives. I was just bemoaning that to my husband today as matter of fact - I mean, what...I may actually want to spend my vacations somewhere otehr then Canada you know :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

It's ok, can seem like teh folks back home have forgotten you as they go on with their daily lives. I was just bemoaning that to my husband today as matter of fact - I mean, what...I may actually want to spend my vacations somewhere otehr then Canada you know :)

I kinda want to check out hatterass (sp?) my cousins recently went on vacation there to the beach and the pictures are amazing it looks really beautiful there. I believe its in NC. I dont really have much desire to travel back to canada anytime soon and would prefer to travel other places in the world when have the money saved up really lol. after all i did live there (canada) for 25 years and theres not much left in canada to see cept maybe the orcas in vancouver lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.