MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I still haven't gotten a biometrics appt. I was told though that raleigh isn't backlogged like some other local offices. I guess my file was dropped in a crack. The uscis agent i spoke with did put an inquiry in though. Whether or not that actually does anything is another story.

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting to hear anything since my Biometrics on the 1st. Was touched on the 7th and again today, after checking online. My case had already been transfered to CSC at the end of September. I hope I hear something soon. I'd like to be able to get an Xmas season job, just for some pocket $ and something to do. :)

Timeline

Yeah our RFE was early on in the process. They lost all of our financial documents. The day we got the RFE we sent it back out and it started reprocessing again a couple days later and was transferred pretty soon after.

I really think they ought to stop processing current cases and get the backlogged ones out of the way. But then thatd probably cause yet another backlog. Just can't win with the system. But 5 months and upwards is insane. I don't know how you guys do it. :(

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Wow Kayla*Mathew, congratulation! You're sooo lucky.

Colleens, i feel just like you when you were waiting for your biometrics letter... It's been 12 weeks of waiting for me today. Stupid USCIS, some people are so much more lucky than others. I don't see why you still haven't received your EAD, hope you'll get it soon.

I want my Bio letter!!!!!!!!!!!

:ranting:

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Kayla*Matthew, I am happy for you guys!

Colleens, Arabella, and Kimbear: I think they are processing people from the top of the stack. My file was last touched in July and that's it, no news till today!

I mean it just sucks to wait even after going through the gruesome K-1 process. I hope we get our approvals soon!

AandB: I hope you get your Bio-letter soon!

KnR aka slider100

Edited by slider100

Timeline

My husband received his green card in the mail today. Pretty snazzy looking item and actually green. Lots of reflective stuff all over it and his birthdate is engraved on it. Took 10 days from approval to having the card in his hands so hopefully, Kayla your husbands will be in hand in a couple weeks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am just glad that I contacted our congressman. I did eventually get a Bio appt letter in the mail and the appt was for some time in Oct, and if I never had followed up with the congressmans office about my EAD, it would still be sitting there waiting for my biometrics that were never sent to the Missouri office!!!

I suggest for those who have been waiting 2 months + for their bio appointments that you contact your congressman. Election day is less than a month away, and it is amazing what candidates will do to get votes!!!!

usmcwife, I am pretty sure that our congressmans office had a specific contact for military immigration issues, I would look into yours. I know that when my husband naturalized while in the military it happened VERY fast. I know it is a bit different for family members, but they generally try to help out military families when they can.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am just glad that I contacted our congressman. I did eventually get a Bio appt letter in the mail and the appt was for some time in Oct, and if I never had followed up with the congressmans office about my EAD, it would still be sitting there waiting for my biometrics that were never sent to the Missouri office!!!

I suggest for those who have been waiting 2 months + for their bio appointments that you contact your congressman. Election day is less than a month away, and it is amazing what candidates will do to get votes!!!!

usmcwife, I am pretty sure that our congressmans office had a specific contact for military immigration issues, I would look into yours. I know that when my husband naturalized while in the military it happened VERY fast. I know it is a bit different for family members, but they generally try to help out military families when they can.

That's a good idea. I think it's time to contact our congressman. His office was really helpful when we were waiting for Montreal. Hopefully they can be helpful again.

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Timeline

A small miracle occured today......I FINALLY recieved my EAD card!!! It had been approved on Aug 8th, so I only missed out on 2 months of income because USCIS couldn't get me a bio appt in a timely matter :angry: My mat leave kicks in on Sunday, so I won't be looking for work, but now I can go get my SSN updated with my married name and get my drivers licence...YEAH!

Timeline

A small miracle occured today......I FINALLY recieved my EAD card!!! It had been approved on Aug 8th, so I only missed out on 2 months of income because USCIS couldn't get me a bio appt in a timely matter :angry: My mat leave kicks in on Sunday, so I won't be looking for work, but now I can go get my SSN updated with my married name and get my drivers licence...YEAH!

Yay!! That's awesome. Today will be two weeks since I had my bio appointment and haven't heard anything. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. But I'm have lots to keep myself busy so I try not to worry about it. Maybe then it'll be a surprise. ;)

Timeline

GC arrived today. :)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i give up..csc keeps telling me they are working on May 30th cases.ya..right..i dont think so. now i'm being told i should not have been transferd. and now i'm being told that processing times start when csc receives your file, not when uscis originally receives it. and now i'm being told it's not 4 months it's 6 months i have to wait for before i can call and do a service request.

so yeah....so mad and so frustrated. every step has been waiting mistakes mistakes no answers and screwups and every possible thing. the only good news is she said there was never an RFE issues..but some times i wish there was..at least i would know ti's DOING SOME THING.

so since may they have done sweet FA with my case....other then screw me over on bio etc...and i can't even get UI as they ROE'S are expired..funny i did not know that could even happen.....

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

i give up..csc keeps telling me they are working on May 30th cases.ya..right..i dont think so. now i'm being told i should not have been transferd. and now i'm being told that processing times start when csc receives your file, not when uscis originally receives it. and now i'm being told it's not 4 months it's 6 months i have to wait for before i can call and do a service request.

so yeah....so mad and so frustrated. every step has been waiting mistakes mistakes no answers and screwups and every possible thing. the only good news is she said there was never an RFE issues..but some times i wish there was..at least i would know ti's DOING SOME THING.

so since may they have done sweet FA with my case....other then screw me over on bio etc...and i can't even get UI as they ROE'S are expired..funny i did not know that could even happen.....

I have never heard of ROE's expiring...hmmm. But I feel for you...I have been having all the same issues :angry: I am just gald to have my EAD now. I have been off work since the end of Nov, and didn't have an issue with my ROE bing "old". There was an issue as to how my former employer reported my severance package income and that nearly affected my ability to draw EI, but fortunatly the verbage they had within my package itself explained how they were going to pay it out and I was able to get my ROE updated. I am calling EI today to find out if my claim can be backdated at all, since I was approved for EAD over 2 months ago...I just didn't have my card. Not being too hopeful about it, but you never know if you don't ask!! Maybe they will at least waive the 2 week waiting period. My clain switched to Mat leave yesterday, so maybe that will make a difference as well :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Finalllllllyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Your Current Case Status for Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Card/ Document Production

On October 18, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I have been waiting for this day since forever!!!!

I hope that my good friends Kimbear and Colleens get their I-485's approved too!

KnR aka slider100

Timeline

Finalllllllyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Your Current Case Status for Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Card/ Document Production

On October 18, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I have been waiting for this day since forever!!!!

I hope that my good friends Kimbear and Colleens get their I-485's approved too!

KnR aka slider100

Congrats!!! I hope mine and Kimbear's are in the same pile and get approved soon!! I am not holding my breath tho, since my case sat for 4 months waiting on my biometrics :angry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.