MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

For those who used the I-693 Report of Medical for transcription only, did your Doctor fill out ALL 6 pages or just a few of the pages? I had my Vaccination done in Canada and now I'm filling out the AOS, they need the I-693 filled out, however my Doctor will only fill out some of the pages and not all. is that normal ?

You need a civil surgeon to transcribe the vaccination worksheet to the I-693. The civil surgeon we used only filled out the portion pertaining to the vaccinations, and not the part about the physical, unless we paid him for a full physical. Seeing as the physical from the visa is good for one year, there is no need.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I sent a letter off to the Congressman on Wed about me not having a bio appt yet 3.5 months into my AOS. I just got a call back from them. I guess the Nashville office is SEVERLY backed up, but because of my pregnancy and limited time to travel (in case I need an interview and have a 6+hr drive to Memphis) they have made an exception and will take me as a walk-in on Monday!! WOOOOO HOOOO! :dance: My EAD has been approved for awhile now, but they can't issue it because I have no biometrics, and apparently they didn't recieve any picture with my I-485 (which I know I sent!!!) but I never recieved an RFE nor does my on-line case status state anything about an RFE. So they will take my pics for that while I am there on Monday as well and hopefully I will get my EAD within a few weeks and my GC not too far behind!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I sent a letter off to the Congressman on Wed about me not having a bio appt yet 3.5 months into my AOS. I just got a call back from them. I guess the Nashville office is SEVERLY backed up, but because of my pregnancy and limited time to travel (in case I need an interview and have a 6+hr drive to Memphis) they have made an exception and will take me as a walk-in on Monday!! WOOOOO HOOOO! :dance: My EAD has been approved for awhile now, but they can't issue it because I have no biometrics, and apparently they didn't recieve any picture with my I-485 (which I know I sent!!!) but I never recieved an RFE nor does my on-line case status state anything about an RFE. So they will take my pics for that while I am there on Monday as well and hopefully I will get my EAD within a few weeks and my GC not too far behind!!

That's great to hear! Nice to know that pestering them get results. I wish you luck.

I have my Bio appointment on the 1st of October in Des Moines, which is about a 3hr drive for us. But it's on a Friday, so my husband's just going to take the day off and we're going to see what else is around the office so we can make our drive worthwhile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I also later recieved an e-mail telling me that they will waive the requirement for the interview so that we won't have to travel with a newborn!! So it will now just be a matter of waiting!! I am so glad that the Congressman was able to help us out as this was starting to stress me out a lot...on top of all the stress associated with becoming a new parent. It is a huge weight off my shoulders!

Timeline

I also later recieved an e-mail telling me that they will waive the requirement for the interview so that we won't have to travel with a newborn!! So it will now just be a matter of waiting!! I am so glad that the Congressman was able to help us out as this was starting to stress me out a lot...on top of all the stress associated with becoming a new parent. It is a huge weight off my shoulders!

Oh, yay!!! That's great news.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so tomorrow is 4 months since we applied for aos. can we get an infopass appt after tomorrow?

this approving ###### at the very last second is bunkum.

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

so tomorrow is 4 months since we applied for aos. can we get an infopass appt after tomorrow?

this approving ###### at the very last second is bunkum.

Pretty sure you have to wait 6 months before making an infopass appt. Took 6 months for my case to get approved.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

One of the filers from the July group just had an infopass appointment on Friday because his biometrics hasn't arrived yet. I'm not sure if it was because it was a biometrics situation, or if they're just letting people make appointments whenever they feel like they need to now, but I always thought you had to wait a little longer before they'll meet with you.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pretty sure you have to wait 6 months before making an infopass appt. Took 6 months for my case to get approved.

Yeah you have to wait 180 days for an InfoPass. My GC took 5.5 months, so it's not uncommon for it to take some time.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For the Adjustment of Status, do we send in the Original Signed G-325A Biographic.. PLUS 4 Copies of that ? Do I also have to duplicate copies for forms 485, 693, 864, 1145 ?

Just send in the signed, original G-325A. There is no need to send in 4 copies. The old form generated 4 copies, but the new form is just one page. You don't need to send in duplicate copies of any of the other forms you mentioned. However, it would be smart to make 1 copy of each to keep for your records.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay, I can finally check my case status online, almost a month after filing! Although when i logged in it says that the case has been transferred to the CSC. Is this good or bad? Anyone have any experience with this?

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Yay, I can finally check my case status online, almost a month after filing! Although when i logged in it says that the case has been transferred to the CSC. Is this good or bad? Anyone have any experience with this?

It seems like CSC is taking longer now than having an interview at your local USCIS office. Took just under 6 months for my AOS to get approved via the CSC office.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

About freaking time!!!! Ya my EAD was approved with a date of august and they tried to say the same thing with the pics and fingerprints..

Soo glad you got it all fixed..feaking incompetent uscis!

It seems like CSC is taking longer now than having an interview at your local USCIS office. Took just under 6 months for my AOS to get approved via the CSC office.

Seems that way, i have had two touchnes on aos. one when i had the xfer to CSC and the other when i had my bio. still says initial review. been almost 4 months now. the letter about the xfer they sent is total BS. since chicago data says it takes 4 months there and the letter says CSC should be faster...well i beg to differ.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.