MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Congrats slider100 on the approval!!

I just got an email/text, my case has been transfered to CSC!! Finally i got some activity from them, my last touch was 4 days after my NOA1 and i'm still waiting on the Bio letter to come in the mail, it has been 26 days since NOA1. I feel releaved to know my case wasn't totally forgotten!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah AandB,congratulations on your case being transferred to CSC. However, you better get used to not getting any touches on your EAD! My case was transferred to CSC on the 15th of July and resumed processing at CSC on the 21st of July. On the 22nd, I got a touch on my EAD and before that, no touches! So I am guessing that when they get to your I-765, they approve it right away (except in cases where RFE's are issued).

Good luck to all of us!!!

KnR aka slider100

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats slider!!

We got our email/text saying that we were transferred too!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Congrats Ashen!!! :dance: :dance: I just knew it wouldn't take long after that RFE was sent back! :) And best wishes for the job interview.

Congrats Slider! It's a good feeling knowing that you can start looking for work. I hope you have lots of success in finding employment :)

I hear ya Peachey!! Work would be nice!! *but I'm holding off now, till we come back from Canada....whoo hooo less than two months to go!!*

A BIG congratulations to all those transferred to CSC. I hope the rest of your cases go quick and smooth and you'll be holding your GC soon!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Thanks everyone!! :)

And congrats to slider for the EAD, and to AandB and Kayla*Mathew on the CSC transfers! Wow, lots of progress happening this week! Yay us!! :dance::star: :star: :star:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Ashen!

Also, woohoo as my EAD was approved and card production was ordered today!

Card/ Document Production

On August 17, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Its about time they get their acts straight and process our files!!!

KnR aka slider100

Damn i shoulda moved where you are LOL. That was very fast! congrats!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Soooooooooooo............... Basically this afternoon has resulted in a lot of OMG OMG OMGGGGGGG OH MY GODDD.......... HOLY #######.... OMG............ *repeat*. :crying:

First off, I have a job interview tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! (more on that later)

SECONDLY... I got this in my email today:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 16, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

I ALMOST PEED MY PANTS.... OH MY GOD...........

Awesome! Have fun at that interview and may the green card come quickly!

Yeah AandB,congratulations on your case being transferred to CSC. However, you better get used to not getting any touches on your EAD! My case was transferred to CSC on the 15th of July and resumed processing at CSC on the 21st of July. On the 22nd, I got a touch on my EAD and before that, no touches! So I am guessing that when they get to your I-765, they approve it right away (except in cases where RFE's are issued).

Good luck to all of us!!!

KnR aka slider100

I hope they get to the others of us who haven't gotten EAD cards yet or are still waiting for them to be processed! My husband is definitely ready to be employed again like so many of the others here.

Timeline

Kimbear, you crack me up! I hope you get your EAD pretty soon... Are you going to try the walk-in Biometrics?

I am anxious about the I-485 approval now, I have no idea how long that is going to take!!!

KnR aka slider100

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Slider i live in the chicagoland area. they are swamped and wont take any walk ins so i have to wait til sept 2. :( at this rate i' might have a job by..xmas...

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

That is insane, first of all you have to wait 3 months for a freaking biometrics letter and then you can't even do a walk-in! I wish they expedited EAD's and biometric appointments for you and Colleens.

At this rate, when can we expect our actual green cards???

That is insane, first of all you have to wait 3 months for a freaking biometrics letter and then you can't even do a walk-in! I wish they expedited EAD's and biometric appointments for you and Colleens.

At this rate, when can we expect our actual green cards???

Mine took almost 6 months... and that was without any mess ups or RFE's. I just blame my bad luck for that tho. Hopefully yours will come sooner!

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly...I am not too worried about how long it takes to get my GC. I just really need my EAD so I can at least start getting EI. I have been pretty fortunate to be fairly comfortable financially all my adult life, so it is beyond stressing me out, not having that financial stability right now. And with all the things we need to get for baby on top of the everyday things it is pretty tough.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly...I am not too worried about how long it takes to get my GC. I just really need my EAD so I can at least start getting EI. I have been pretty fortunate to be fairly comfortable financially all my adult life, so it is beyond stressing me out, not having that financial stability right now. And with all the things we need to get for baby on top of the everyday things it is pretty tough.

That would be really stressful and I'm sorry you're having to go through that! It really bothers me that there doesn't seem to be a "service standard" for all AOS, you know? Some people have quick, easy AOS and others take months and all the while there's no word from USCIS on why anything is happening the way it does. It's the worst! It also bothers me how they say it has to do with things like "background checks" when in reality it seems to be that files are misplaced or even outright lost ... so frustrating!

/rant

Sorry everyone, I'm just feeling a little annoyed at this whole process today.

ETA: I am sure that background checks are the problem sometimes but it bothers me that a visa was issued to me after doing background checks (with my fingerprints and everything!) and yet background checks can be an issue during AOS?

/rant ... again ...

Edited by Dan and Ali

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.