MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so our case was transferred to CSC! so that's nice. and today, at the last possible second, we got notification that g was approved for his EAD (finally) but of course it could take up to another month to GET said card. *insert sad trombone noise here*

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

grats on the EAD. saddens me to see you mailed out the package 11 days before me..and both colleens and i have yet to have biometrics, which means oh another 2 months for ead??>..uscis..you SUCK!

HWDWm6.png

I got my green card today. Looks pretty neat, I was trying to count how many times it says my bday, there's at least 4 places! It's actually green now, but you all probably know that by now :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my green card today. Looks pretty neat, I was trying to count how many times it says my bday, there's at least 4 places! It's actually green now, but you all probably know that by now :P

Grats Peachey!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so our case was transferred to CSC! so that's nice. and today, at the last possible second, we got notification that g was approved for his EAD (finally) but of course it could take up to another month to GET said card. *insert sad trombone noise here*

If you look at my timeline you'll see that the EAD card didn't take as long as the 30 days.

Another thing to note is when it came (on 8.02.10) it said employment was authorized from the date of my notice (7.22.10). So in theory he could have started working then.

Sean actually has a job that he wasn't being paid for, and now that he has his card, he is getting paid for it. :) He works for my dad at a non-profit charitable organization so he was "volunteering" up until we got the card. :)

Edited by Arabella

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

ok i'm really really pissed off...this is a vent..but in regards to my AOS.

so i've been waiting forever for my bio appt. and today i get a letter from uscis that bascially says: " you case is awaiting the required bio submittal and is currently in suspense until you complete this process"

Like NO EFFING SH1TE.

THEN, it goes on to say my information has just been entered into the system that schedules the applicants for biometrics...OMFG, like they got my aos pkg JUNE 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS!

then it says again both of my applicatons have been entered into the system. so what..i waited this long for some kneejerk efftard to get off his a$$ and put my damn file in the gdmit computer????

meaning i have to wait another month for an appointment..and with the xfer to CSC taking 4-6 months on avg..i'll get my stuff in what..9 months from submission???? JOY watch..i'll get another RFE for a lost medical or some sh1te to boot...

why is it every step of my visa process has been hell from the beginning with all the fu@#ups?? ####### did i do to deserve this? i just want to be able to live a normal happy life..but it seems the usa just wont let me. why do i get subjected to so many damn hoops to go through since the day i was born...i'm so fed up of this.....the only thing holding me together is my husband...

HWDWm6.png

:(

*hugs* Kimbear

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok i'm really really pissed off...this is a vent..but in regards to my AOS.

so i've been waiting forever for my bio appt. and today i get a letter from uscis that bascially says: " you case is awaiting the required bio submittal and is currently in suspense until you complete this process"

Like NO EFFING SH1TE.

THEN, it goes on to say my information has just been entered into the system that schedules the applicants for biometrics...OMFG, like they got my aos pkg JUNE 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS!

then it says again both of my applicatons have been entered into the system. so what..i waited this long for some kneejerk efftard to get off his a$$ and put my damn file in the gdmit computer????

meaning i have to wait another month for an appointment..and with the xfer to CSC taking 4-6 months on avg..i'll get my stuff in what..9 months from submission???? JOY watch..i'll get another RFE for a lost medical or some sh1te to boot...

why is it every step of my visa process has been hell from the beginning with all the fu@#ups?? ####### did i do to deserve this? i just want to be able to live a normal happy life..but it seems the usa just wont let me. why do i get subjected to so many damn hoops to go through since the day i was born...i'm so fed up of this.....the only thing holding me together is my husband...

At least you have got a letter explaining what is going on....I submitted the same time and still have not heard a thing!! When I started the whole K1 process everything I read lead me to believe getting the I-129f approved was the longest wait. That happened in 3 months, then I had a 6 month wait for an interview, now I have been waiting over 2 months for a bio appt and have not heard a single thing! I am getting Si to contact the senator/congressman because even if I were to get my bio appt letter tomorrow, there is no way I will be getting my AP or EAD within the current processing time.

Oh my goodness Kimbear!! You and Ashen..and I think a couple of others..have been put through the ringer with this!! What is going on in the offices?? Sheesh!! I hope you get your appt. soon!

Ashen..how did the medical and all that go?

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

At least you have got a letter explaining what is going on....I submitted the same time and still have not heard a thing!! When I started the whole K1 process everything I read lead me to believe getting the I-129f approved was the longest wait. That happened in 3 months, then I had a 6 month wait for an interview, now I have been waiting over 2 months for a bio appt and have not heard a single thing! I am getting Si to contact the senator/congressman because even if I were to get my bio appt letter tomorrow, there is no way I will be getting my AP or EAD within the current processing time.

The only reason i got any reply, is due to 4 service requests i put in. i have called them that many times in the last month alone. As it is my k1 1-129f was started in march of 2009, and i saw all the other filers get their interviews in november while i had to wait over a year for mine :( 377 days from day one to interview, and now this..with so many mistakes by my lawyer who i fired, the uscis, the nvc, etc. with 3 congressman involved...you'd think they would realize i'm not someone they should tick off...i just want it all over with..no wonder i decided to get my citizenship..just so i can say STFU to uscis and vote on immigrations laws and try and get something in that system fixed.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The only reason i got any reply, is due to 4 service requests i put in. i have called them that many times in the last month alone. As it is my k1 1-129f was started in march of 2009, and i saw all the other filers get their interviews in november while i had to wait over a year for mine :( 377 days from day one to interview, and now this..with so many mistakes by my lawyer who i fired, the uscis, the nvc, etc. with 3 congressman involved...you'd think they would realize i'm not someone they should tick off...i just want it all over with..no wonder i decided to get my citizenship..just so i can say STFU to uscis and vote on immigrations laws and try and get something in that system fixed.

We first applied in May last year, and the petition was lost (along with the $455 since hubby didn't keep the money order receipt...grrr) we reapplied in July, so it has was pretty close to a year for us from our initial application. So I feel your pain. I don't really care how long it takes to get my green card. I just want my EAD and AP so I can get some income coming in. I also would like to visit my family before the baby is born, but my window of opportunity is getting smaller and smaller. And since I haven't worked since November...financially it would be nice to have some money coming in as things are starting to get pretty tight :(

Oh my goodness Kimbear!! You and Ashen..and I think a couple of others..have been put through the ringer with this!! What is going on in the offices?? Sheesh!! I hope you get your appt. soon!

Ashen..how did the medical and all that go?

Thanks for asking Joyce :) It... went. LOL I started a separate thread to rant about it... haha In the end though, I finally got to mail in my RFE yesterday afternoon, and according to tracking info they received it today. So now it's back to being on pins and needles checking USCIS every day to find out if they accept it and approve me.. or... not. :wacko:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.