ZouhairPatriciaB

Hello Saturday!

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Woke up this morning to the smell of.... burning?! :blink: Investigated and apparently my five year old had decided to take it upon herself to make breakfast, burning the cheeseburger she had in the fridge from yesterday in the microwave. It stunk up the house pretty good, unfortunate since we're having the first hot day today that we've had in weeks, so I had to air out my perfectly cool apartment with hot air from outside. :angry: We had a nice discussion about NOT using cooking appliances independently and waking up your mother if you are hungry.

Hope everyone else is having a good day! I am having all of my sisters over for dinner this evening to visit before we leave, should be fun!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Another Saturday Night!

It was definately a feel-sorry-for-myself day... was online with Ghassan until 3am last night- didn't get out of bed until 2:30pm today..and really didn't want to even then. Very depressed and bumming. Really miss him. All alone this weekend after a week of the kids and my mom here from Florida. What a let-down from a week of having people around me so this whole process wasn't constantly on my mind like it is now. I have just been reading and watching television all day. Can't seem to get motivated to do anything but cry. Not a good day at all... Need to pick it up before I webcam tonight- Me feeling sorry for myself is the last thing I want to burden him with as he has a million burdens of his own.

Ah, I am praying for a better Sunday. I have to kick my own butt to get out of this funk!

ah. the longing....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

yes i heard thats i just left work and not feeling good i dont know why i guss im feling lonly thos days

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Timeline
Hey all! I'm just sitting at home doing laundry, Malek is napping and my older son is playing playstation with his three cousins. Really for 5 kiddos in the house it is sooo peaceful!! I took the boys today to get their haircut and my little one looks so grown! I will try and post a pic soon!!!

Terrie...are you close to Milwaukee? There is a 50/50 possibility I may have to travel for two weeks in Milwaukee and one week home for 6 crazy months for work. I am so dreading it but I am afraid if I say no that it will somehow bite me. I can't see leaving my three kids and husband for two weeks at a time. I would miss the heck out of them and also you wouldn't be able to walk through my house with my husband in charge of cleaning.

Yes Tasha, I am very close to Milwaukee. About 15 miles or so. We go there all the time, thats where our masjid is too. If you do come, we will definatly have to get together!!! Let me know.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Got new glasses today and I have a headache. I hate the getting-used-to-them period, you know? At least these aren't all scratched up like my old ones were. I bought plenty of lense clothes and cleaner this time so I'm not tempted to windex/paper towel them!!!

Trying to plan my staycation and it's so hard because of the weather. I wish I could control it. lol. My youngest wants to go to a cemetary this week with me to visit the gravesite of a woman she just read about. :unsure: I was unsure about it at first but then when I looked up the history of the cemetary there are tons of famous people who are buried there so it actually looks cool. She wanted to walk around the Harvard campus too so I guess it'll have to be on a sunny day!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Woke up this morning to the smell of.... burning?! :blink: Investigated and apparently my five year old had decided to take it upon herself to make breakfast, burning the cheeseburger she had in the fridge from yesterday in the microwave. It stunk up the house pretty good, unfortunate since we're having the first hot day today that we've had in weeks, so I had to air out my perfectly cool apartment with hot air from outside. :angry: We had a nice discussion about NOT using cooking appliances independently and waking up your mother if you are hungry.

Hope everyone else is having a good day! I am having all of my sisters over for dinner this evening to visit before we leave, should be fun!

Please check your smoke alarms.

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone,

I need some words of encouragement!! I have 9 school days of college left until I graduate but they are 9 long and hellacious days and I have speeches to give (which I am afraid of) ....I hate speaking in public and I dunno how to get through it :unsure: I hope I make it and can post my graduation pic soon

Timeline

Please check your smoke alarms.

My smoke alarms are fine... there wasn't any actual smoke or flames. Just the smell of burning, kinda like burnt popcorn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
Hey everyone,

I need some words of encouragement!! I have 9 school days of college left until I graduate but they are 9 long and hellacious days and I have speeches to give (which I am afraid of) ....I hate speaking in public and I dunno how to get through it :unsure: I hope I make it and can post my graduation pic soon

You are in the home stretch! The light is at the end of that long tunnel! You've gotten this far- 9 days is nothing! :thumbs:

Don't worry about the speeches- Most people are just as scared as you are to get up in front of others. Most people are probably going to sit there worrying about what they are going to have for dinner; or what their next class is about; or how far their hangnail will go if they pull at it just one more time...and they won't be paying much attention anyway. Does that help? B)

Good Luck!

Baj

ah. the longing....

my son did that, at about the same age, with a bag of microwave popcorn. i was woken up at 7 am by a screeching smoke alarm and the nauseating smell of cremated popcorn. i threw the microwave out, because there was no way i would ever be able to get rid of that smell. the next microwave i bought was pushed wayyyy back on the counter where the little bug can't reach.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.