menina

Medical in Rio

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just wondering if anyone had their medical in Rio and can recommend a good doctor? There are only 3 or 4 on the approved list. Also, how much before the actual visa interview did you complete the medical? Is it possible to have the labwork done beforehand at the clinic in his town. He has to fly to Rio and take time off of work, so we are hoping to get everything done within a couple of days. Thanks for the advice.

event.png

Timeline

I had my medical done in Rio with Dr. Alexandre Boescu - he is on the consulate list. If I can recall, I went to see him right after receiving the letter from the Consulate in Rio with the instructions. I then made the appointment and sent the paper back to the consulate saying that I was ready for my interview. Meanwhile I went to see the doctor. (The consulate usually schedules the interview with a 30 days window, so he will have plenty of time).

Dr Alex did the general check-up and request for a bunch of lab work, which I used my medical insurance to pay for, all right. I guess it doesn't really matter where you have your labs done, as long as you have the doctor's request and the results are accurate.

It took a while to get the lab results, but everything went smoothly. I went back with the results, he filled out the forms and gave me the sealed envelop to take to my interview.

I guess they can't charge over U$ 100 for the appointment and he never charged me for the second visit.

Hope this helps. :energy:

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I had my medical done in Rio with Dr. Alexandre Boescu - he is on the consulate list. If I can recall, I went to see him right after receiving the letter from the Consulate in Rio with the instructions. I then made the appointment and sent the paper back to the consulate saying that I was ready for my interview. Meanwhile I went to see the doctor. (The consulate usually schedules the interview with a 30 days window, so he will have plenty of time).

Dr Alex did the general check-up and request for a bunch of lab work, which I used my medical insurance to pay for, all right. I guess it doesn't really matter where you have your labs done, as long as you have the doctor's request and the results are accurate.

It took a while to get the lab results, but everything went smoothly. I went back with the results, he filled out the forms and gave me the sealed envelop to take to my interview.

I guess they can't charge over U$ 100 for the appointment and he never charged me for the second visit.

How long did it take for the results? I hope that I don't have to fly my fiance to Recife just to pick up the sealed envelope.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-06

Touched: 2009-03-10

Touched: 2009-07-08

Touched: 2009-07-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :2009-07-30

NVC Received :2009-08-04

NVC Left :2009-08-05

Consulate Received :?

Packet 3 Received :2009-09-01

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview: 2009-09-22 Approved!

K-1 Visa Received:2009-10-01

Arrived in U.S. 2009-10-21

Married! 2009-11-22

Honeymoon-San Antonio

EAD Approved-2010-03-23

AOS Interview-2010-09-16

AOS Appproved - 2010-10-04

9de103d828.png

Timeline

Thanks for the info. My fiance has to fly to Rio for the medical appt. and for the interview, so we were planning to have them done at the same time. (ie: the medical a day or two before the interview). Is that going to be possible? Maybe the doctor could send a lab request, and my fiance could have the labwork done in his city before flying to Rio? That might save some time.

event.png

Timeline
How long did it take for the results? I hope that I don't have to fly my fiance to Recife just to pick up the sealed envelope.

Well, I'd say around 2 weeks? Not sure. The blood test came back in 2 days. Then I had to take the shots missing - MMR and so forth. That was quick, you can have that done in any public health centre - SUS. But I had to go for mammography and the rest, which took longer. With the results in hand I went back to the doctor.

As for the sealed envelop, I'm not sure if the doc would mail it to you. You should check with the doctor's office and see what is the procedure. I remember having to sign one of the forms.

Good luck! :yes:

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Timeline
Thanks for the info. My fiance has to fly to Rio for the medical appt. and for the interview, so we were planning to have them done at the same time. (ie: the medical a day or two before the interview). Is that going to be possible? Maybe the doctor could send a lab request, and my fiance could have the labwork done in his city before flying to Rio? That might save some time.

Menina, I don't think the time frame is feasible. It takes some time for the blood tests to come through and then he will have to deal with the vaccines etc...And there is also an Xray for TB and other issues.

I guess 2 days is very tight.

As for the doctor's request, you can call him up and check. He was always very helpful.

:star:

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Timeline

Menina, I don't think the time frame is feasible. It takes some time for the blood tests to come through and then he will have to deal with the vaccines etc...And there is also an Xray for TB and other issues.

I guess 2 days is very tight.

As for the doctor's request, you can call him up and check. He was always very helpful.

:star:

Yeah I understand. I had heard from another Brasil member that she had all of the labwork done in her city prior to seeing the doctor. Then the wait was not long at all because all that had already been taken care of. I will recommend my fiance to call the doctor and ask about time frames and the possiblity of having the labwork done prior to the appt. Thanks!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.