kate13

Oh! What does this mean?!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Good morning,

I have a new messege on the USCIV site:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

......is this good?!

seems it is headed to CSC.... what it usually means is they will attempt to approve without interview

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

So... is it a good thing or a bad thing that they want to approve w/o an interview? Will it go faster for us?

We just got the same e-mail and I just came on here to find out what it means too!

Hope it's a good thing - cause my husband just started his new job today (yay!) and if the gc comes easy, that would just be.. well, amazing!

Hey Kate!

Long time not talk!! How are you doing??? :)

So...your case was transfered to California! YAY! This usually means that you won't get an interview.

You will get a notice in the mail from USCIS stating they have done this to "increase processing time"

This may or may not be the case as my case was also transfered to CSC and I just received my green card. It took 10 months.

Hopefully yours will be much quicker.

Hope everything is going great for you in the U.S.

Talk soon hon!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

So... is it a good thing or a bad thing that they want to approve w/o an interview? Will it go faster for us?

We just got the same e-mail and I just came on here to find out what it means too!

Hope it's a good thing - cause my husband just started his new job today (yay!) and if the gc comes easy, that would just be.. well, amazing!

Congrats on getting transfered.

Usually being transfered means you won't have an interview, but that's not always the case.

For the interview you have to gather a lot of information, proving you are married and living with your US spouse. Some people find this extremely stressful.

Having an interview or not having an interview..I don't know if one really is faster at getting the green card than the other. I think it just depends on each individual case.

As I said above, my case was transfered and I didn't have an interview but it ended up going outside of normal processing time and I had to wait 10 months for my GC.

Just wait out the time together, hopefully your husband will get his green card soon! :)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Excellent!

I sooo love having this outlet - VisaJourney.........it is good to be reminded that so many of us are in the same boat..chugging towards the end of the line!

(or, in our case, sailing as Luc is a sailor!)

I think we all just want to feel as if we are going forwasrd - with this process and in life in general - and seeingthat same page on the USVI site is discouraging.

Luc wants to work - he has been working hard since 13 yrs old and finds it very difficult to not be contributing financially to our situaiton.

So he is carving ( beautiful detailed jewelry, out of teakwood from retired sailboats) and making sure there is a meal on the table every night!

Laura- thanks for the words........... do you think we will get Luc's EAD some time soon?

Best from foggy New York City!

The main benefit is certainly not having an interview. For an interview, you have to gather and collect evidence. It becomes like a mission. There is plenty of stress and time wasted preparing for an interview that you will miss out on. :thumbs:

If they determine that they can't approve you without interview, you will eventually be notified that your file is being sent back to NBC (meaning it will make its way to a local office for interview).

Not being interviewed is usually faster (anecdotally from what I have seen), but not necessarily. It took us 12 months to get approved at interview, and most of my cohort who were not interviewed were approved much faster (as were plenty who were as we were unusually slow).

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.