johnj

Russian Forum; what is your favorite drink?

77 posts in this topic

Back in my Saudi Arabia days, I practically lived on Turkish coffee. That stuff will kick your teeth in, and when I got back to the States, drinking normal coffee was like drinking weak tea. Took many months to get over the withdrawal shakes.

I never used to be able to drink coffee at all. One cup and I was shaky, sweating, etc. In the last year my tolerance is WAY up :D Wonder what the cause of THAT might be :lol:

Hmmmm...you inherited a coffee bean planation? :D

You are using caffeine to get over you meth addiction? :P

I'll never tell :whistle:

Oh I see now we're keeping secrets from each other. What happened to our relationship, you used to tell us everything. I just dont know you anymore!!

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in my Saudi Arabia days, I practically lived on Turkish coffee. That stuff will kick your teeth in, and when I got back to the States, drinking normal coffee was like drinking weak tea. Took many months to get over the withdrawal shakes.

I never used to be able to drink coffee at all. One cup and I was shaky, sweating, etc. In the last year my tolerance is WAY up :D Wonder what the cause of THAT might be :lol:

Hmmmm...you inherited a coffee bean planation? :D

You are using caffeine to get over you meth addiction? :P

I'll never tell :whistle:

Oh I see now we're keeping secrets from each other. What happened to our relationship, you used to tell us everything. I just dont know you anymore!!

I just don't feel that awesome connection anymore :crying:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I dislike coffee a lot, and let me tell you my attempt at politeness and that Arabian coffee didn't work out well. I kept accepting the coffee they kept giving.. and after drinking about 6-8 cups of that in 5 hours I went home and vomited all over this trashcan we had in the bathroom while Ammar was nice and totally held back the hair and all. I finally got him to understand I really didn't want that stuff. That was where the vomit story came from (that used to be my story.. the one where he said everything from me was perfect, and I said not my vomit. He said he loved me and my vomit, and I asked if he would eat it. He said he would eat it and he would love it. That's love, I tell you, although a greater sign was probably that he took out the bag full of it right then and didn't even flinch.)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I just hope my wife never asks if I'd eat her vomit, as a proof of love. I'd hate to disappoint her. ;)

ROFL! I honestly didn't think he'd call my bluff, even though it was, of course, totally verbal. That's when I was totally sure I had picked the right one: he'd look me calmly and straight in the eye and answer back in equal surity and insanity.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

and a homemade cinnamon roll, Ive tried guys but my wife is not ready to make a pie just yet.
So let me get this straight..... our wives have the same name, both love chicken wings and make cinnamon rolls. Hmmmm.

I like Baltika 7 and vodka. Not together, though.

The very first Russian girl I "met" decided that we'd go heads up in a drinking contest and the drink of choice was shots of vodka dropped into a small glass of beer and then chugged. Needless to say, the fact that I weighed 30 kilos more than her easily ensured that I won. Not needed to be said, but what I'll add anyway because it was otlichna is to the victor go the spoils of war.

I can't remember what that drink's called, but it's pretty freaking good, and good things always come out of adding alcohol to more alcohol. Matter of fact, you could argue that I'm typing this right now because of that fun evening. After that, I was hooked!

You haven't tried your wife's pie yet? You should, you might like it. And she will enjoy the fact you are eating it.

Or she could be like my wife and share it with everyone but you.

That's when I was totally sure I had picked the right one: he'd look me calmly and straight in the eye and answer back in equal surity and insanity.

You know you have a winner when you've found your match on the craziness scale.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

and a homemade cinnamon roll, Ive tried guys but my wife is not ready to make a pie just yet.
So let me get this straight..... our wives have the same name, both love chicken wings and make cinnamon rolls. Hmmmm.

all russian women have the same name and everyone on earth loves chicken wings.

The only way to tell them apart is the hair color. It is kind of scary.

You haven't tried your wife's pie yet? You should, you might like it. And she will enjoy the fact you are eating it.

Or she could be like my wife and share it with everyone but you.

Apparently there is some sort of moratorium while I am unemployed, cinnamon rolls yes, pie no!!

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

all russian women have the same name and everyone on earth loves chicken wings.

i hate to disagree on both counts, Lets seem mom-in-law Margarita(which also happens to be my wifes favorite drink), cousins Elena, Julia, her brothers wife Julia, aunt Inna.

My mother does not eat chicken wings, ever!

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

i hate to disagree on both counts, Lets seem mom-in-law Margarita(which also happens to be my wifes favorite drink), cousins Elena, Julia, her brothers wife Julia, aunt Inna.

thanks for setting me straight. p.s. you must admit, there are about 10 popular names that float around russia. i know 4 igors and 2 irinas in my town. you'll never meet a russian girl named amber, although they are very fond of the jewel, and dima's 2 bff's are named dima.

i think it's cool that they only use traditional names. here, we just make sh!t up. let's see, what weird concoction of letters can i throw together to name my kid?

p.s.s. maybe your mom thinks wings are WT. get her some boneless ones that can be eaten with a fork with a can of PBR poured into a tall glass. priyatnago appyetita!

dima had his first margarita last weekend. he said it tasted like kvas. wtfreak- i think kvas tastes like a$$ and margaritas are delicious!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
dima had his first margarita last weekend. he said it tasted like kvas. wtfreak- i think kvas tastes like a$$ and margaritas are delicious!

:huh:

Either he's got the be all end all of kvas or the margarita was made with dish water.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: Timeline

Umm...are you sure he was drinking a margarita? Or better yet, are you sure he's ever tasted kvas? Either that or it's like AK said, the margarita was made with something other than margarita stuff, and he should probably go in for a preventative tetanus shot now. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.