Ovi

I am outraged!

183 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
To the OP: If you were not ready to wait six months for your approval (which the USCIS states is the normal processing time) then you shouldn't have submitted a petition. There is no "right" to a speedy immigration process. Yes, its not fun waiting, but it is what it is.

Trust me, after you are united with your loved one, the bad feelings will quickly fade. I was stuck at the NVC for 50 days just a few monts ago ... Simply a distant memory now.

Again, you're missing the point. The process CAN be faster, more expeditious, more efficient. It just isn't because USCIS doesn't NEED to make it that way, mostly because most people just DEAL with it. Why would any of you want to discourage someone from trying to make a positive change in this process? It almost seems spiteful to be so discouraging, especially if you've already completed the process.

Man this thread is frustrating to read! I think I'll stop now! :)

just how many applications do you think they're sitting on? How many cases do you think you could clear in a day and not compromise our national security? May I remind you that there are many other types of visas that are also adjudicated at these same 2 centers. it's not just K1's. We all get in the same line and right now that line is long. Let them do their jobs. If you have some valid ways in which they could improve efficiencies in the process, please post them and let USCIS know about them.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-06

I-129F Received VSC: 2009-07-08

I-129F check cashed: 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
To the OP: If you were not ready to wait six months for your approval (which the USCIS states is the normal processing time) then you shouldn't have submitted a petition. There is no "right" to a speedy immigration process. Yes, its not fun waiting, but it is what it is.

Trust me, after you are united with your loved one, the bad feelings will quickly fade. I was stuck at the NVC for 50 days just a few monts ago ... Simply a distant memory now.

Again, you're missing the point. The process CAN be faster, more expeditious, more efficient. It just isn't because USCIS doesn't NEED to make it that way, mostly because most people just DEAL with it. Why would any of you want to discourage someone from trying to make a positive change in this process? It almost seems spiteful to be so discouraging, especially if you've already completed the process.

I know one day my wife and son will be here. We are not ever plan for it to be done this year, maybe it will or maybe it is not. we are live our lives like it not going to happen so if it come it will be a happy surprise. I think alot of people come here complain about the time it take then after they get the visa, forget about pain. I know nothing I can do now will effect my wife's visa. But I would still like to help the next family get their visa a little faster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I know one day my wife and son will be here. We are not ever plan for it to be done this year, maybe it will or maybe it is not. we are live our lives like it not going to happen so if it come it will be a happy surprise. I think alot of people come here complain about the time it take then after they get the visa, forget about pain. I know nothing I can do now will effect my wife's visa. But I would still like to help the next family get their visa a little faster.

I'm sure that happens. As stated previously, there's not a whole lot that can be done. These administrators are not elected officials. They are appointed. I'd be more than willing to help. I have seen these letter writing campaigns etc. I even remember a bunch of people going out to TSC and protesting. They were on the local news and all. Didn't change anything..

As to the spiteful comment. No one is being spiteful. I think people are being realistic. I'd be more than happy to tell you that you'll be approved in a month, and your SO will be here 2 months after that. I would be lying to you. Those of us that have gone through this know how bad it sucks. Look at my time line. Took a year.

Some people have been waiting a very very long time for no good reason it seems. Look at Estadia and Gogo.

Not to be repetitive, but there is absolutely no incentive for them to do anything. Maximum 50% of the people involved in this process can vote. (Beneficiaries can not for at least 3 years)

I hate to come off as un-caring, but I don't see this being fixed anytime soon. Especially with unemployment being over 10% and California on the verge of Bankruptcy. Also the health care thing. K visas cant work for quite awhile once they arrive, so they will not be contributing anything to tax base. If anything you will be able to claim more exemptions and pay less taxes. So in that sense they are actually losing money. (I'm IR-1 so I'm not sure if K visas can get a SS#. Someone can correct me on this)

So no short term financial incentive for the government to do anything. Once again, I think that sucks, but it is reality.

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

just how many applications do you think they're sitting on? How many cases do you think you could clear in a day and not compromise our national security? May I remind you that there are many other types of visas that are also adjudicated at these same 2 centers. it's not just K1's. We all get in the same line and right now that line is long. Let them do their jobs. If you have some valid ways in which they could improve efficiencies in the process, please post them and let USCIS know about them.

Hi Ovi/OP - I get what you are saying and have been surprised/amused by some of the hostility your suggestion evoked. I guess now you know that people who challenge the status quo :o - on VJ are outrageous, unpatriotic, unconfident, whiners trying to undermine our nation's security! (you know that I am kidding, I hope) Anyway, it looks like there is not much support for this on VJ (meaning no big wave of letters) and it seems like "a letter here, a letter there" doesn't work based on the advice of people that have already written and called. One of my parents worked for a Senator for many years - I am going to ask her if there is another effective/constructive approach to try. The thing that you brought up that I also want to understand/fix is the discrepancy between the centers - is this your big issue too? Let me know if it isn't. Hang in there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I am dissapointed in the way most people here are thinking. I see that the ones that had the shortest wait times desire the longest wait for others, which is kinda sad. Also I want to think of other people that will come after me. I would hate for them to go through even harder times and be separated from their loved ones even longer because I had the chance to draw some attention to this and I did nothing. I am at 3 months now and it looks like my NOA2 will be at least 6 months while a couple of years back it got done in under a month in most cases. I can't believe that we can't get it back to the way it was there, but if we just sit idle nothing will ever happen.

I worte to all the major tv networrks, and wrote letters to everyone I could. I am hoping maybe somewhere, someone will take the time to speak out. This is one of the reasons that government is taking control in this country instead of the power remaining with the people. It is because we decide to just sit back and do nothing. That is why we have representatives and not a communist system. If we continue to sit idle we will become one.

I want to thank those few that supported me and I wish there will be more that would contact everyone they know and maybe there is a small chance somewhere that we can make a change.

"At best only 50% of the people involved in this process can even vote, so there is no incentive for lawmakers to do anything."

Everyone that applies for a K-1, K-3 must be a citizen.

"I have read the ombudsman office report on the USCIS, They know about all the problems so write more letters to them will not fix it. I see they are working on new Immigration laws, but non are direct at US citizens, just green card holder that must way 8 to 10 years not 8 to 10 months to bring there family.

Even if congress make change that we all want, It still will take a year to become law."

This is not what I am talking about. Green card holders have no rights yet. They are not citizens of this country, they just got the priviledge to work here and stay here and later maybe become citizens. I am talking about us as citizens, we have the right for the government to work for us not us for the goverment. Remember: "We the people..."

I'm with you on this. Even though we are dealing with the "government's process", we USCs are paying for service. You don't jack up fees only for the service to be slower and inconsistent. People don't realize this is life altering. It crossed my mind to write a letter to the President just simply to challenge his immigration platform. One of which I read upgrading the technology. That doesn't mean anything to me nor answer questions about their service improvement. I'm sure some of us here never anticipated to fall in love with someone from afar but since it hit us anyway, we have the right to pursue this without major hurdles. It's not easy to dish out $455 here, $1000 there, $350 here, $175 there ya know, not in this economy. I have started reaching out to my congressional delegates here by faxing them a paperwork (something like privacy notice as per their requirement). Funny thing is I have not heard from them either so now I wonder if I have to contact another agency to complain about not hearing from my delegates. good lord....

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey people I thought this site was for support and advise not being bitchy at each other, I mean please people every case is different.

Just because one person person wants to vent their frustration let them do it without taking it the wrong way, I'm honestly shocked by some of these posts.. Let's just show our support and give asvise where we can..

Come on people we are all in this together..

:star:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-01

Request for further information : 2009-09-11

Information received and processing continues : 2009-09-18

Touch : 2009-09-21

Touch : 2009-09-24

Touch : 2009-09-25

Approved : 2009-09-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29 Hard copy recieved =)

Timeline

I post this a other location but if you want to share your comments, thoughts, and suggestions as well as any issues that concerns the USCIS.

How Is It Working For You? The CIS Ombudsman’s Community Call-In Teleconference Series

Edited by John & Nan

Timeline
Hey people I thought this site was for support and advise not being bitchy at each other, I mean please people every case is different.

Just because one person person wants to vent their frustration let them do it without taking it the wrong way, I'm honestly shocked by some of these posts.. Let's just show our support and give asvise where we can..

Not sure if you are directing this at me, but I am just letting people know the realities.

This has been a huge learning experience for me. I lived in Thailand for 3 years. I had no idea I could have gone DCF. I could've been done with this in about 3 months if I dealt with it over there. So if any of you are reading this and live in the spouses foreign country, be sure to check in to that.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I post this a other location but if you want to share your comments, thoughts, and suggestions as well as any issues that concerns the USCIS.

How Is It Working For You? The CIS Ombudsman’s Community Call-In Teleconference Series

Thanks for posting this!

Timeline

Laugh. More of the same out of them. They answered 2 out of the 10 questions, and even those 2 answers were lacking.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Not sure if you are directing this at me, but I am just letting people know the realities.

This has been a huge learning experience for me. I lived in Thailand for 3 years. I had no idea I could have gone DCF. I could've been done with this in about 3 months if I dealt with it over there. So if any of you are reading this and live in the spouses foreign country, be sure to check in to that.

Nope not at you just! Just an FYI to everyone.

Timeline

I was responding to Barron

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have not read the entire thread, but if you read my signature, you may see why I believe letter writing does help advance your particular case.

February 3, 2005. Applied for K-1.

July 14, 2005. Email to NVC congressional unit

Nov 2, 2005. Letter to congressman

Nov 8, 2005. Letter from congressman

December 19, 2005. Visa interview in Moscow. (250 days at NVC)

January 27, 2006. POE: JFK.

April 8, 2006. Wedding in USA.

April 19, 2006. Apply for AOS.

July 12, 2006. AOS Interview.

February 26, 2008. Letter to congresswoman.

March 19, 2008. Conditional Permanent residence began!!

2009: Wake up and get on the uscis train again - lifting conditions

Dec 21, 2009. Eligible to apply to remove conditions

February 2010: 10-yr Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It was aimed at everyone not just one person... I am sorry if you think I am aiming it at you I am not. This site is for support and help that was all I was saying, and maybe we should all stick to that and not criticising people. Again let's just support each other.. This site has helped me and Pete a lot.

Claire *England*

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-06-01

Request for further information : 2009-09-11

Information received and processing continues : 2009-09-18

Touch : 2009-09-21

Touch : 2009-09-24

Touch : 2009-09-25

Approved : 2009-09-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-29 Hard copy recieved =)

Timeline

It was aimed at everyone not just one person... I am sorry if you think I am aiming it at you I am not. This site is for support and help that was all I was saying, and maybe we should all stick to that and not criticising people. Again let's just support each other.. This site has helped me and Pete a lot.

Claire *England*

No I wasn't sure. That's why I asked.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.