1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
OMG!! you never guessed what happened?! i sent in my rfe on november 7 in a certified return receipt mail. its been more than a week..

i was wondering how come i didnt received the return receipt yet.. so i called USCIS and they said they haven't received anything..

then i called my US postal office, i gave them my tracking number and they said, it hasnt been delivered until now.. they told me to call the destination post office to check it with them and they said they havent received or scanned anything.. :crying::crying:

so im going to the post office tomorrow to talk to the manager..

can i get a original copy of the RFE notice of action from the USCIS?

or can i send in photocopy of the RFE notice of action and have a letter from the postal service that it was lost?

please help! :help::help::help:

thanks!

This is crazy I guess the postal service has gone postal :wacko:

I would also call USCIS and talk to the officer and tell them the situation. They should be able to help you out and maybe you can send them the copy of the original you have and resend it with a letter from the post office as you said. Just notify them so they know.

Star

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
So you all have to sit through the following story ....

So last night I went home to visit my parents ...and all night i complained (my pitty party) and said it's not fair ...and i want good news for my thanksgiving ...(which happens to be my fav holiday, bc good things have happened to me around thanksgiving, i found out i passed the bar right before thanksgiving, moved into a new house around thanksgiving, and i love to eat which hello!!! thanksgiving is all about eating and napping) ...so that was last night.

i wake up this morning ...and i write you all a little note, i check uscis (nothing) and i get back to work ...and tell myself ..."oh it is just another day"

then i finally give in to my fiance's stubborness (seeing how long he would wait to text me - whatever...i'm still a girl) and i miss him ...so i start texting him ..and we are having a little back and forth flirting ..and then around 1.30 (my time) i tell myself ..."oh it's about that time again...time to recheck uscis"

and ... here is the moment of truth.

i do what I always do ... sign in, customer, my id and my password ..and as usual my heart skips a beat as i imagine whether an update has been made ...AND WHAT DO I SEE??????? A NEW DATE OF 11/19 HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!!!!!

I GOT A TOUCH TODAY I GOT A TOUCH TODAY I GOT A TOUCH TODAY I GOT A TOUCH TODAY

I feel alive again. I got SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

So i'm in my office, and I actually literally SCREAMED! my secretary came running into my office ..and it just happens to be a day when our regional manager is visiting the office and he is next door interviewing ...and i refresh uscis bc i can't believe my eyes...i start to sweat and i was literally shaking out of excitement!!!!

yes people ... i know it is ONLY a touch ...and really doesn't mean anything ...because i have 3 options here that could result

1. approval shortly

2. rfe

3. a touch and wait and wait and wait for something!!

4. denial!?!? (i'm leaving it with 3 options)

but IT IS SOMETHING!!!!!!

so i ran downstairs and called my fiance ...and i had to take 15 minutes to explain to him a touch

and he told me "go to that website and ask your friends about when they got a touch and what happened" he is referring to all of you! hahahahaah

ok...i'm done ...really.

hehehehehehehe

thank god. seriously.

This is great news! A touch means that your file is still alive and they will most definitely approve it. Yay!!

T&G Congrats on the visa!!!

:dance::dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I'm not exactly sure how to start this. I feel like I need to make an oscar speech ..."and i would like to thank God, my parents" ... oh oh oh "stop the music - most importantly I would like to thank my JULY group..." lmao.

Ok everyone ...so I had just made dinner (Soup and Salad) ...about to take the first bite of my soup ...and keeping myself company with Jewel on msn ...while starting to watch Greys ...when my Blackberry starts blinking the red notification light. I look ..and all I see is a text. I open it..."Your case WACO..." I stop reading the text and immediately go to MSN back to Jewel ...at which point total freaking out sets in ... And wouldn't you know it! I can't get myself to check my email or uscis.gov....why you ask?!?! because I was TOO SCARED!!!!! so...I have jewel look it up!!!!!

I got my NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 9.45pm my time!!!!!!! I can't freakin believe it. It is extremely surreal and it has soooo not set in yet!!!!

So ...thank you to all of you ...and you all know who you are (back to oscar speech) I want to thank Jewel, Nancy, love waits, starlight, Malarieeeeeee, Kristen, t&g and lykka!! Ok i know i'm forgetting someone on the list damn it! But all of you who listened to me whine and complain and throw myself the pitty party!!!!!!!!!!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE FINALLY!!! like that one comedy show from many years ago "Movin' on up..... to the east side" I'm moving to NVC!!!!!!!!!!

wooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ok ... i'm done. Goodnight/goodmorning!!! yay!!!!

p.s. How in the world am I supposed to sleep tonight?!!?!?

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::bonk::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::wow::lol::lol::lol::P:P

Edited by M and F

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I'm not exactly sure how to start this. I feel like I need to make an oscar speech ..."and i would like to thank God, my parents" ... oh oh oh "stop the music - most importantly I would like to thank my JULY group..." lmao.

Ohh wow! Congrats Marie!! I tried to have a glass of champagne to honor your getting your NOA2, but then I realized that if I opened the bottle and then added the fancy cork in my wine set that it would not fit in my fridge. So I had half a glass of Jager instead. Sorry!!!

Wow, room is spinning. Love ya and congrats!!!! Welcome to the club. Enjoy the last little waits.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok everyone ...so I had just made dinner (Soup and Salad) ...about to take the first bite of my soup ...and keeping myself company with Jewel on msn ...while starting to watch Greys ...when my Blackberry starts blinking the red notification light. I look ..and all I see is a text. I open it..."Your case WACO..." I stop reading the text and immediately go to MSN back to Jewel ...at which point total freaking out sets in ... And wouldn't you know it! I can't get myself to check my email or uscis.gov....why you ask?!?! because I was TOO SCARED!!!!! so...I have jewel look it up!!!!!

I got my NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At 9.45pm my time!!!!!!! I can't freakin believe it. It is extremely surreal and it has soooo not set in yet!!!!

So ...thank you to all of you ...and you all know who you are (back to oscar speech) I want to thank Jewel, Nancy, love waits, starlight, Malarieeeeeee, Kristen, t&g and lykka!! Ok i know i'm forgetting someone on the list damn it! But all of you who listened to me whine and complain and throw myself the pitty party!!!!!!!!!!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE FINALLY!!! like that one comedy show from many years ago "Movin' on up..... to the east side" I'm moving to NVC!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::bonk::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::wow::lol::lol::lol::P:P

Congrats!!!!! Now hopefully it will be my turn.

Timeline

It will be. Do what you need to. Contact the congressman. Set up infopass (I was going to go next week) keep calling. (I emailed my congressman about 2 times a week showing her the stats of approvals). I will wish and hope that yours comes asap. It will :)

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It will be. Do what you need to. Contact the congressman. Set up infopass (I was going to go next week) keep calling. (I emailed my congressman about 2 times a week showing her the stats of approvals). I will wish and hope that yours comes asap. It will :)

Thanks!!!! I will see if my congressman has heard anything tomorrow. It was last Thursday when I gave him the initial information and he told me to wait until the end of this week to see what happens.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

YAY MARIE!! IM SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!LOL

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

YAY MARIE!! IM SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!LOL

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::whistle::dance: hehehehehe

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Although I am not a CSC filer I am still a July one and my first post was here, with you. You gave me guidance when I felt lost and I didn't know my way around. So, I promissed I will come back and share my developments with you.

Thus, I am here to tell you that I got the visa yesterday!!!!!! Everything was smooth and fast, the interview was simple and easy and the people nice and helpful. All in all it took 4 months from the date we submitted the petition to the day I got the visa. YAY!!!!!!!

I keep my fingers crossed for all of you and wish you will complete the process as fast as I did if not faster!

Hugs to all,

Kitty

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Krishna Murti

"It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live

long enough to make them all yourself." Admiral Hyman Rickover

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!! So Katia will be flying here Nov 29th!!! I've been up all night waiting for her call after the interview and now I'm too excited to sleep, oh work will be difficult today :(

The interview was very long, almost 30 minutes. She said the woman asked about EVERYTHING. The woman started the questioning with a serious tone but by the end of the interview they were laughing and joking. Then the woman finally stopped and said "Congratulations, welcome to the United States" :dance:

My mom even called me at 3am to ask if I had heard anything.. I was surprised. My whole family knows already that she got it and its 4:15am now! :D

Wow, I better get this house cleaned! :jest:

Edited by LoveWaits

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-02

Pkg Rec. By NVC : 2009-10-07

Pkg Left NVC : 2009-10-09

Rec by Moscow : 2009-10-13

Packet 3 Sent : Never Received

Interview Date : 2009-11-20 PASS!

POE : 2009-11-29

WEDDING : 2009-12-26!

Ohhh I love all the good news!! It was so quiet here the other day, it seems as if it was only quiet before the storm kicked in. I am sooo happy for everyone, even though I know not everyone has their NOA2 yet, so I'm still waiting for the final news from everyone (F)

Marie, Marie, Marie! It was so nice to read about your touch and before I could finish reading all the unread posts here, I also got to read about your NOA2. I am so excited for you!! I hope you slept peacefully even though you seemed too excited to fall asleep perhaps :D What did your fiancè say? He must be so thrilled too! I bet you'll have a quick interview date for him and soon, soon, soon you will be together :dance:

Kitty & LoveWaits, congratulations with 2 x visa! I am so happy for you both (or all four of you, lol!) Some months ago we were all sitting here waiting for our NOA2s and it is so incredible nice to see the first visas being issued. Now I'm just waiting for the rest of us to follow! Anyway, good luck with the rest of your journey - what an incredible feeling it must be to know it's a done deal and you'll soon see your loved ones (L)

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Ohhh I love all the good news!! It was so quiet here the other day, it seems as if it was only quiet before the storm kicked in. I am sooo happy for everyone, even though I know not everyone has their NOA2 yet, so I'm still waiting for the final news from everyone (F)

Marie, Marie, Marie! It was so nice to read about your touch and before I could finish reading all the unread posts here, I also got to read about your NOA2. I am so excited for you!! I hope you slept peacefully even though you seemed too excited to fall asleep perhaps :D What did your fiancè say? He must be so thrilled too! I bet you'll have a quick interview date for him and soon, soon, soon you will be together :dance:

Kitty & LoveWaits, congratulations with 2 x visa! I am so happy for you both (or all four of you, lol!) Some months ago we were all sitting here waiting for our NOA2s and it is so incredible nice to see the first visas being issued. Now I'm just waiting for the rest of us to follow! Anyway, good luck with the rest of your journey - what an incredible feeling it must be to know it's a done deal and you'll soon see your loved ones (L)

:dance::dance::dance: My Tamara's Visa Arrived Today!! :dance::dance::dance:

She comes to me next week!!! Maybe Monday or Tuesday!! :dance::dance:

SENT NOA1 July 6,2009

Rec. NOA1 July 10,2009

Touched 10/02/2009

Recvd NOA2 10/07/2009

NVC RCVD 10/05/2009

NVC Shipped to Embassy 10/07/2009

Embassy Recvd 10/13/2009

Medical Exam 11/11/2009 Passed!!!!!!

Interview 11/12/2009 Granted Visa!!!

:dance::dance::dance: My Tamara's Visa Arrived Today!! :dance::dance::dance:

She comes to me next week!!! Maybe Monday or Tuesday!! :dance::dance:

Oh yes, I remember. She had to get a second application to complete the process. I didn't know she's coming already next week, how exciting! Seems as if she will be the first one to hit her POE :D I bet it'll be a long, but very exciting flight!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yay, Yay, yaaaaaaaaay MARIE!!!

When I saw that your 2nd message in my inbox was written in the middle of the night, I knew it could only mean one thing!!!!

I have hoped and prayed and wished for you every single day!

It will go so fast now, you deserve for the rest of your journey to go off without a single hitch!!

(L) (L) (L)

And Congrats T&G!!!!!! May Tamara's trip to you be delightful! Remember, hug her for all of us!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.