AOS Received: 03-14-2011

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey you :) How are you Nancy??

Me? I'm totally depressed seeing 8 August filers get approved. Good for them but totally sucks to be me right now.

It's almost the end of October and I have NOTHING yet. Nothing to give me a little bit of a boost or hope ...I just want SOMETHING.

I think of this process and I try not to complain because i'm petrified about what could happen at NVC. Just taking it one day at a time ...Thinking about going to congress (was supposed to go this wednesday) but then i'm feeling a little defeated ..what if I put all that stuff together only to hear "Sorry hun! there's nothing we can do processing timeline is 5 months" ...

Today my other half said ..."if i don't see you this year, I'll see you next year" it was cute but not really.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted should anything change.

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::unsure::blink::bonk::rofl:

Malarie - do you know if they got your response? Any touches since you sent it? Anything?

Marie - if you see this, I've been thinking about you a lot today. :(

To everyone from July CSC who is still waiting for your NOA2, my heart is with you and I'm wishing, hoping and praying for your happiness every day.

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Hey you :) How are you Nancy??

Me? I'm totally depressed seeing 8 August filers get approved. Good for them but totally sucks to be me right now.

It's almost the end of October and I have NOTHING yet. Nothing to give me a little bit of a boost or hope ...I just want SOMETHING.

I think of this process and I try not to complain because i'm petrified about what could happen at NVC. Just taking it one day at a time ...Thinking about going to congress (was supposed to go this wednesday) but then i'm feeling a little defeated ..what if I put all that stuff together only to hear "Sorry hun! there's nothing we can do processing timeline is 5 months" ...

Today my other half said ..."if i don't see you this year, I'll see you next year" it was cute but not really.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted should anything change.

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::unsure::blink::bonk::rofl:

I haven't receive NOA2 yet but just like you, I start worrying about what could happen at NVC already. I heard too many stories about how others' petition get stucked there for monthss, Ap... this is just scary... i wish that I can control my mind a lil bit so that I won't think so much at the moment...

You will do good, don't worry!

NOA2 will come soon!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Season & M and F I went through the same thing about NVC. But, let me assure you NVC is not that bad. I was thinking the same thing, but I have seen many filers wait long for NOA2, but breeze through NVC. Don't worry about NVC that will be a piece of cake and your stuck there for 3 days. There some people who get pulled for random checks.

So we got our interview date today.. Im already nervous!! :unsure:

Congrats and glad you got it fast.

Malarie - do you know if they got your response? Any touches since you sent it? Anything?

To everyone from July CSC who is still waiting for your NOA2, my heart is with you and I'm wishing, hoping and praying for your happiness every day.

Hi---

Nothing yet..... I know they received it Friday. I was hoping to see a touch so I know it was linked to my file.

Sigh ... Maybe tomorrow!!!

I hope CSC clears out the few July files they have left!!

Crossing fingers for all (especially M&F!!!)

Anyone doing anything interesting for Halloween?

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Timeline

Malarie, I'm totally thinking about you everyday also!!!! let me know ....

I wonder if you call them maybe someone on the phone can at least tell you if they are working on it or received it??? I mean I know you have proof that it was delivered but maybe if you call they will tell you specifically if they see it in your file in their computer. (Does what I'm saying make sense???)

:wacko:

Hi---

Nothing yet..... I know they received it Friday. I was hoping to see a touch so I know it was linked to my file.

Sigh ... Maybe tomorrow!!!

I hope CSC clears out the few July files they have left!!

Crossing fingers for all (especially M&F!!!)

Anyone doing anything interesting for Halloween?

Malarie

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Season & M and F I went through the same thing about NVC. But, let me assure you NVC is not that bad. I was thinking the same thing, but I have seen many filers wait long for NOA2, but breeze through NVC. Don't worry about NVC that will be a piece of cake and your stuck there for 3 days. There some people who get pulled for random checks.

So we got our interview date today.. Im already nervous!! :unsure:

Congrats and glad you got it fast.

Thanks Star. I seriously hope so. Another vj member from my home country got her approval last year but her case got stucked in NVC for months owing to her previous J1 visa thing. I don't exactly know what happened to her case but I was a J1 and F1 visa holder. In this context, my case seem to be 'a bit' more complicated. sheesh. another Malaysian VJ member who received her NOA1 at 30th July 2009 received her package3 from embassy last week already! so i am like wayyyyy left behind.

hmm, though, after whining, all I can do will be waiting, again. hehe. I think I have sorta get used to this process already.

thanks again Star. you are real sweet. :star:

Timeline

Hello my adopted family...

So here is my update on this lovely monday night...

I called uscis tonight around 5.45 (intentionally - because i figured the poor soul who would get to talk to me would do whatever it took to get me off the phone)...

asked for a supervisor bc the rep (stephanie) well we were just not going anywhere..

Then I get the supervisor (Junior - yup that's his name)

Per a fellow vj'er I used the approach of "preferential treatment" as to August approvals and JULY, JUNE AND MAY not having been completed.

It wasn't really going anywhere because he kept repeating the following:

1. your adjudicator is behind

2. august apps are by adjudicators who are not behind

3. you are still in the 5 month timeframe even if august apps are getting approved

4. do you fit in any circumstances that may expedite you? (of course I don't - Unless war breaks out in Lebanon and really..wouldn't it just be too late at that point..whatever!)

Moving on ...In a nutshell I told him the following:

Either you guys are taking forever bc I wasn't born there or my file is lost

brought up that this is my first filing for any type of visa for someone else

no prior marriage

i'm a us citizen

i vote (hehehe I used this on a copy once who decided to pull me over for speeding bc i was trying to get to my voting location on time before work bc i had to vote - hey! it worked)

i have a state license (been through background checks before)

Moved from lebanon directly to CA and been here ever since

and that the 8 (8 and the time now 10! ugh) august filers are standard apps (i.e. no exigent circumstances, special circumstances, emergency or military)

at which point he said ...nope sorry nothing can be done

I said listen - let's make a deal - I know your office has issued a service request for another person well before the 5 month mark - why don't you just humor me please?!?!!?!?!? If i don't hear anything, then fine! no harm no foul! seriously?!!?! just issue one and then you wont have to hear my voice anymore!!!

So he did! I got a service request! i don't know why ...but i'm pretty thrilled this evening!!!

He said it will take up to 45 days to get a response...which i think would put me at the 5 month mark?!!? lmao ..but whatever!

Then he filled everything out and gave me a ref number! Told me he would send it out to csc...and to feel free to call back if i haven't heard anything in 45 days.

Congressman next baby!

p.s. no touch so far, and nothing in my little mailbox except 2 bills. ugh.

Edited by M and F

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good for you, Marie!! :thumbs: Hey, after what you're going through, I'm sure it feels great to do ANYTHING proactive, that you can control! Whether it works or not it beats the heck out of sitting around!

I'll bet you anything you get a touch or some kind of action very soon now. The squeaky wheel gets the grease! :)

I'm doing well, by the way. Thanks for asking. We're moving along, slowly but surely. Between a kabillion filers and the Royal Mail strike in London, you're bound to pass us UK filers up once you get approved!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hello my adopted family...

So here is my update on this lovely monday night...

I called uscis tonight around 5.45 (intentionally - because i figured the poor soul who would get to talk to me would do whatever it took to get me off the phone)...

asked for a supervisor bc the rep (stephanie) well we were just not going anywhere..

Then I get the supervisor (Junior - yup that's his name)

Per a fellow vj'er I used the approach of "preferential treatment" as to August approvals and JULY, JUNE AND MAY not having been completed.

It wasn't really going anywhere because he kept repeating the following:

1. your adjudicator is behind

2. august apps are by adjudicators who are not behind

3. you are still in the 5 month timeframe even if august apps are getting approved

4. do you fit in any circumstances that may expedite you? (of course I don't - Unless war breaks out in Lebanon and really..wouldn't it just be too late at that point..whatever!)

Moving on ...In a nutshell I told him the following:

Either you guys are taking forever bc I wasn't born there or my file is lost

brought up that this is my first filing for any type of visa for someone else

no prior marriage

i'm a us citizen

i vote (hehehe I used this on a copy once who decided to pull me over for speeding bc i was trying to get to my voting location on time before work bc i had to vote - hey! it worked)

i have a state license (been through background checks before)

Moved from lebanon directly to CA and been here ever since

and that the 8 (8 and the time now 10! ugh) august filers are standard apps (i.e. no exigent circumstances, special circumstances, emergency or military)

at which point he said ...nope sorry nothing can be done

I said listen - let's make a deal - I know your office has issued a service request for another person well before the 5 month mark - why don't you just humor me please?!?!!?!?!? If i don't hear anything, then fine! no harm no foul! seriously?!!?! just issue one and then you wont have to hear my voice anymore!!!

So he did! I got a service request! i don't know why ...but i'm pretty thrilled this evening!!!

He said it will take up to 45 days to get a response...which i think would put me at the 5 month mark?!!? lmao ..but whatever!

Then he filled everything out and gave me a ref number! Told me he would send it out to csc...and to feel free to call back if i haven't heard anything in 45 days.

Congressman next baby!

p.s. no touch so far, and nothing in my little mailbox except 2 bills. ugh.

Good timing, and good job on getting through. Yay! At least this is some action.

Dont worry to much about AP at NVC. I was put in AP there but it only lasted about a week. Good thing about NVC is you can all as many times as you want and find out what is going on with your case! Just like alot of us did bugging the ####### out of them night and day. While it was there I actually did call twice a day to see what was going on.

I really really hope you guys get your NOA2 this week! That would be wonderful!

Im at the stage of stressing about getting all the paperwork together for the i134. My mom is co sponsoring us since my photography business doesnt show up on anything but my bank statements. So on paper it looks like i only make about 5 thousand a year at my part time job. I make way more than that, oh well. Still due to having three kids I still fall a little short of the wage that i need to do it alone. My mom is out of town this week, and even though I emailed her the list of things she needed to get together on october 2nd, she hasnt done it yet. Hopefully she will have it to me in the mail by next friday. Damo just received a phone call from his doctor there in Melbourne and they had to reschedule his medical yet again, cause the doc decided to take that day off. Looks like we wont get to that appointment until november 17th, ugh. Atleast we have the police cert in hand now. And it looks like sydney is issuing appointments 2-3 weeks from when they receive packet 3 back, so we might wait to send it in the first or second week of december so our interview can coincide with his christmas break from work, and so hopefully i wont miss christmas with the kids. Just wish we could get this done.

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

To those stressing over NVC, don't. Like already mentioned, even if it goes to AP you won't be so in the dark anymore. They were very nice to me and very forthcoming with information. I was fortunate that my case moved through so quick. So better to have your paperwork out of CSC and at NVC for your sake of mind. I should mention the State Dept was very helpful too when calling about the packet going to the embassy, what stage its at and getting the interview date. They were extremely helpful in my situation and actually told the woman she was such a breath of fresh air after the months of silence.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-02

Pkg Rec. By NVC : 2009-10-07

Pkg Left NVC : 2009-10-09

Rec by Moscow : 2009-10-13

Packet 3 Sent : Never Received

Interview Date : 2009-11-20 PASS!

POE : 2009-11-29

WEDDING : 2009-12-26!

To those stressing over NVC, don't. Like already mentioned, even if it goes to AP you won't be so in the dark anymore. They were very nice to me and very forthcoming with information. I was fortunate that my case moved through so quick. So better to have your paperwork out of CSC and at NVC for your sake of mind. I should mention the State Dept was very helpful too when calling about the packet going to the embassy, what stage its at and getting the interview date. They were extremely helpful in my situation and actually told the woman she was such a breath of fresh air after the months of silence.

I have to agree about the NVC, even though it has been only 5 days ago for my NOA2 date, I called, and talked to a nice lady, she gave me my MNL case number, said the file has been received, and will be going out to the USEM, within a few days.

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

Timeline

What do you mean you called the state dept? This may sound like a stupid question ...but I always assumed that after NVC you make contact directly with the local embassy ...Do you actually contact the state department instead?

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

OK - So I'm at Target this afternoon and I receive a text message from USCIS. My heart just about stopped and I was fumbling to get into the USCIS website to see what it was...

Good news is my case now reflects the information requested in the RFE was receive -- I thought it was kinda funny since I didnt receive an RFE but a NOID, which should have been an RFE to begin with -- but whatever THEY GOT IT!!

A little part of was hoping to see the "APPROVED" message (OK not a little part but a GINORMOUS part!!)

So let the rollercoaster ride begin again!!!

(F)(F)(F)(F) M&F --- Still crossing my fingers for you .... I saw your post about the inquiry you "coerced" the represenative to make -- EXCELLENT!!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.