1,945 posts in this topic

hmmm looks like ive messed up actually and should have sent forms DS-230-Part 1, Form DS-156 and DS-157 and DS-156K with the IV-15K Checklist... damn! i completed the forms but it says on the Checklist not to send any forms so I assumed it meant these too.. i think i'll print the whole lot out and send it in all together again tomorrow..

so frustrated with myself!

event.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone :-)

No no ... No updates. Lol

But I do have a question...

How many of you included a letter of intent in your k1 visa app??? This is for the uscis stage not for the respective consulate requirements.

Thank you.

A signed letter of intent is required by both the Petitioner and Beneficiary as part of the application package sent to USCIS.

Ok so there is not enough chocolate in my house to deal with this stress.

(As I munch away at my little chocolate cookies)

So I was glancing at the k1 visa forum and i read that a letter of intent needs to be included in the k1 visa app for uscis and I nearly fainted!!!!! (after I cursed out my attorney in my head)

I only submitted the following:

1. k1 app i-129

2. biographical summary for me and him

3. story of us

4. photos

5. emails

I did NOT include letter of intent and my attorney did not mention anything about a letter of intent.

I'm kind of pissed to say the least. But at least I can anticipate an RFE.

I am so mad actually.

Oh, so you hired an attorney? we didn't really hire one but we paid 400USD to one attorney just to 'review' and 'check' on our papers and evidence and all other documents, to make sure that we prepared enough. But guess what? he was saying that the passport stamp is not compulsary but optional. What happened was I didn't have a scanner that time and not convenient to scan the documents so I didn't hand in the passport stamp. It was my bad as well coz I didn't really check through all the required documents over here at VJ since I was naive enough to think that an attorney will know 'everything' and he could take care for the rest. But, guess what? I got an RFE last week for 'proof of meeting' within the passed 2 years. Though, I expected this already so had all documents ready and was able to reply to that in one day.

My conclusion-never hire an attonery unless it's really necessary, and if you really have to, get a really good one. Like us, we threw 400 USD into the drain and ended up having the process being delayed! *sigh!

All the best! You will get it soon! DOn't worry! It's just a matter of time!! Patience can be a virtue sometimes. :P

Ditto to that. As the legal assistant at my attorneys office kept telling me we have to wait for NVC to request the affdavit and then submit it. That is completely false for a fiance petition you submit everything to your fiance to take with him to the interview. Now I am taking care of the rest of the journey and its been going well on my own. I think they help you out to a certain extent, and then its up to you to make sure it is perfect.

Well I paid more than 400.00 and he just kept saying it's fine it's fine!!!!! and you don't want to hear the other booboo ...he also told me that form g325 doesn't have to be an original from my fiance ...so i submitted the scanned copy!!!!!!!! i should have known better. I wish I had known about VJ sooner ..and really did this on my own thanks to this site. But I too relied on his 40+ years of experience and reputation. I was dumb. But I have told myself that I'll be doing the rest on my own. And this week I'll be getting all my ducks in a row for the anticipated RFE. Oh yeah he also told me I didn't need an actual passport photo of my fiance and that a close up of him (like a passport) would suffice!! hahahahaha this is soooooooooo not my night!!!!!

But I'll take care of it - needless to say there is NOTHING i can do until my stupid app is looked at and at this point it appears that it is still sitting somewhere in an endless cave of unattended to files.

:rofl::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Oh - I just saw this post ... I must have missed it last night. Have you had your fiance send you an original G235A? If not, tell him to get on it and get it over here with the letter of intent (although with the letter of intent you can submit a copy). As for the pics -- I am pretty sure he best get these taken too. You know what you can do for this? He can have a picture take of him with a white background (against a white wall) close up to his face and he can email it to you. There is a website that you can import this photo into and it will put it into the passport sized format and give you a picture with 6 passport pics (I think 6) anyway, you can save this picture and then upload it to Walgreens or Walmart and have it printed for about $0.15 pic it up and cut them yourself. I did this -- it is simple!!!

It's going to be OK ... You are aware of what could go wrong -- if USCIS even catches these tiny errors. Hold tight and just be prepared to mail the RFE back ASAP (if you receive it).

My response was received at the CSC this morning (10:16 am to be exact signed for by K Ambrose -- my new best friend -- LOL)... I'm crossing everything I can cross in hopes that they resume processing on my file as they would when then receive a response to an RFE.

To anyone that has received an official RFE - what color of paper what the RFE?

Malarie

Edited by Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hi Everyone :-)

No no ... No updates. Lol

But I do have a question...

How many of you included a letter of intent in your k1 visa app??? This is for the uscis stage not for the respective consulate requirements.

Thank you.

A signed letter of intent is required by both the Petitioner and Beneficiary as part of the application package sent to USCIS.

Ok so there is not enough chocolate in my house to deal with this stress.

(As I munch away at my little chocolate cookies)

So I was glancing at the k1 visa forum and i read that a letter of intent needs to be included in the k1 visa app for uscis and I nearly fainted!!!!! (after I cursed out my attorney in my head)

I only submitted the following:

1. k1 app i-129

2. biographical summary for me and him

3. story of us

4. photos

5. emails

I did NOT include letter of intent and my attorney did not mention anything about a letter of intent.

I'm kind of pissed to say the least. But at least I can anticipate an RFE.

I am so mad actually.

Oh, so you hired an attorney? we didn't really hire one but we paid 400USD to one attorney just to 'review' and 'check' on our papers and evidence and all other documents, to make sure that we prepared enough. But guess what? he was saying that the passport stamp is not compulsary but optional. What happened was I didn't have a scanner that time and not convenient to scan the documents so I didn't hand in the passport stamp. It was my bad as well coz I didn't really check through all the required documents over here at VJ since I was naive enough to think that an attorney will know 'everything' and he could take care for the rest. But, guess what? I got an RFE last week for 'proof of meeting' within the passed 2 years. Though, I expected this already so had all documents ready and was able to reply to that in one day.

My conclusion-never hire an attonery unless it's really necessary, and if you really have to, get a really good one. Like us, we threw 400 USD into the drain and ended up having the process being delayed! *sigh!

All the best! You will get it soon! DOn't worry! It's just a matter of time!! Patience can be a virtue sometimes. :P

Ditto to that. As the legal assistant at my attorneys office kept telling me we have to wait for NVC to request the affdavit and then submit it. That is completely false for a fiance petition you submit everything to your fiance to take with him to the interview. Now I am taking care of the rest of the journey and its been going well on my own. I think they help you out to a certain extent, and then its up to you to make sure it is perfect.

Well I paid more than 400.00 and he just kept saying it's fine it's fine!!!!! and you don't want to hear the other booboo ...he also told me that form g325 doesn't have to be an original from my fiance ...so i submitted the scanned copy!!!!!!!! i should have known better. I wish I had known about VJ sooner ..and really did this on my own thanks to this site. But I too relied on his 40+ years of experience and reputation. I was dumb. But I have told myself that I'll be doing the rest on my own. And this week I'll be getting all my ducks in a row for the anticipated RFE. Oh yeah he also told me I didn't need an actual passport photo of my fiance and that a close up of him (like a passport) would suffice!! hahahahaha this is soooooooooo not my night!!!!!

But I'll take care of it - needless to say there is NOTHING i can do until my stupid app is looked at and at this point it appears that it is still sitting somewhere in an endless cave of unattended to files.

:rofl::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Oh - I just saw this post ... I must have missed it last night. Have you had your fiance send you an original G235A? If not, tell him to get on it and get it over here with the letter of intent (although with the letter of intent you can submit a copy). As for the pics -- I am pretty sure he best get these taken too. You know what you can do for this? He can have a picture take of him with a white background (against a white wall) close up to his face and he can email it to you. There is a website that you can import this photo into and it will put it into the passport sized format and give you a picture with 6 passport pics (I think 6) anyway, you can save this picture and then upload it to Walgreens or Walmart and have it printed for about $0.15 pic it up and cut them yourself. I did this -- it is simple!!!

It's going to be OK ... You are aware of what could go wrong -- if USCIS even catches these tiny errors. Hold tight and just be prepared to mail the RFE back ASAP (if you receive it).

My response was received at the CSC this morning (10:16 am to be exact signed for by K Ambrose -- my new best friend -- LOL)... I'm crossing everything I can cross in hopes that they resume processing on my file as they would when then receive a response to an RFE.

Malarie

LMAO as to "your new best friend" hahaha

I told my fiance to get the 3 things fedex'ed to me on monday. 1. letter of intent, 2. g325 3. passport photos. Just in case I do get an RFE (at least I'll be ready for it).

I called my attorney - and he told me the following - Item 5 a is an either or situation

5a1 : if you met in the past 2 years then you don't need the letter of intent

5a2 : if you didn't meet in the past 2 years then you need letter of explanation and letter of intent

he also said he never included a letter of intent before and that I should go to my congressman at this point and see if they will do anything.

I think it is open to interpretation and to be safe it would have been much WISER to include versus not include.

So now i'll just wait to see what will happen when someone at uscis gets their a** off their stupid chair and actually picks up my application.

ugh.

Malarie - I hope to God that they handle your case like an RFE and deal with it ASAP accordingly I would be soooooooooo freakin thrilled for you!!! I'm waiting to see what happens!!!! :) At least they have it now ...

On another note, how sad am I that they approved an August filer today - i'm not sad in the sense that i'm not happy for the couple ---- i'm sad because this may mean they have moved on to August filers and now will cherry pick previous months filers.

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Timeline

WHAT IS WRONG WITH USCIS.GOV.

UGH :crying:

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am sure you will get your approval soon. I think its time to get in touch with your rep, maybe you can mail out a letter now. Sometimes they take long, but does not necessarily mean you will get an RFE. There is a May 09 filer who was waiting longer then all of us, and he contacted his rep and by coincidence he got his approval a week later.

I finally got an interview date :).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Malarie

Hi Malarie,

The RFE notice is in Blue color. The original copy of the notice must be sent back together with the documents. Getting RFE make me feel a little bit relief but still is a bad thing, as after responding to it as soon as possible, we are back to the waiting game again, which is the most frustrating part of it. Sooooo Powerless as you can do nothing besides sit and wait.

Anyways, all the best!! :)

Edited by season

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
I am sure you will get your approval soon. I think its time to get in touch with your rep, maybe you can mail out a letter now. Sometimes they take long, but does not necessarily mean you will get an RFE. There is a May 09 filer who was waiting longer then all of us, and he contacted his rep and by coincidence he got his approval a week later.

Hey Star,

Congratulation!! Sooo niceee, I am happy for you. :P

ALL the best!! finally you can be together with your beloved one soon!

Timeline

Hey Star,

Congratulation!! Sooo niceee, I am happy for you. :P

ALL the best!! finally you can be together with your beloved one soon!

Thanks season! I am sure you will get your approval in no time as well, and everyone else waiting.

Timeline

I was crying cause i can't access their website today...all day! haha

Yeah - I'm contacting congressman next week ...going in person. Screw this! 2 august approvals and i'm already depressed. My theory is : keep myself busy ...and it doesn't hurt to try!!! :innocent:

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Timeline

Yeah - I'm contacting congressman next week ...going in person. Screw this! 2 august approvals and i'm already depressed. My theory is : keep myself busy ...and it doesn't hurt to try!!! :innocent:

I think going in person makes all the difference and I am confident you will get some response.

My fiance went in person to deliver packet 3 at the consulate and that is why we got an interview date so quickly. Otherwise, we would still be waiting.

Timeline

omg!!! congrats on the interview date!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo :dance::dance::dance: are you going to attend as support?? I'm contemplating on going for my fiance's interview date even if they don't let me in ...at least he can say "my crazy fiance is waiting outside probably having a heart attack, should you feel the need to ask her any questions" hahahahahaha

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Timeline

omg!!! congrats on the interview date!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo :dance::dance::dance: are you going to attend as support?? I'm contemplating on going for my fiance's interview date even if they don't let me in ...at least he can say "my crazy fiance is waiting outside probably having a heart attack, should you feel the need to ask her any questions" hahahahahaha

Thanks :). That was the original plan, but I had to make an emergency trip to India just last month for the RFE and now I can not afford to take the time off now. I was contemplating about that, but I feel more confident now. My fiance was able to convince them about getting the interview date the same day, so I think he will be fine. I am trying my best to stay positive as I am sure we will not have any problems.

While he was there he got to view the applicants waiting for their interview. The call the applicants in groups of 5 from the long line that they have to wait. Then he mentioned that they come out of their fairly quickly. He saw mostly smiles on these applicants faces. His experience with delivering packet 3 gave us more confidence now in the whole interview process.

Edited by Starlight95

Hi - I found a way around it!

Click "Sign up for case updates"

Click "Sign into my account"

And voila --- you can login the normal this way

Check it out!!!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Timeline

Check it out!!!

Malarie

Yay! Thank you ...IT WORKED! gosh that drove me crazy today.

Ok - but I guess it didn't really matter because I didn't have any touches!!! hahahahaha

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Check it out!!!

Malarie

Yay! Thank you ...IT WORKED! gosh that drove me crazy today.

Ok - but I guess it didn't really matter because I didn't have any touches!!! hahahahaha

Ok so maybe the website is really not working and maybe they have touched it ... hows that for positive thinking?????

:D:D:D:D:D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.