Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long does it usually take from NOA2 > Interview/Approval?

My Fiance: GuardianAngel

K-1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent: July 23, 2009

Check Cashed: July 29, 2009

NOA1: July 28, 2009

NOA2: October 21, 2009

Left NVC: October 28, 2009

Medical Passed: December 15/16, 2009

Interview Passed: January 19th, 2010

Air21 Confirmation: January 25, 2010

Visa received: January 26, 2010

CFO Completed: January 27th, 2010

Flight to US: Febuary 3rd, 2010

MARRIED!: March 20th, 2010

AOS Timeline:

AOS, EAD, AP Filed: April 29, 2010

AOS, EAD, AP NOA1: May 6th, 2010

EAD, AP Biometrics: May 25th, 2010

How long does it usually take from NOA2 > Interview/Approval?

That depends on the consulate you're working with. I don't know any timeline for the Philippines, in Norway it's about a month from NOA2 to the interview date. I'd ask in the forum for regional discussions, there you'll find a lot of people with experience from the Philippines: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=129

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Thanks Star

i know the fastest way is to download the forms from New Delhi Embassy and start filling them out. we are a bit confused about all the documentation part which my Fiancee is suppose to send me. Not sure which all documents needs to be Notarised. Any Advice pls help

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any signatures need to be notarized. Not any more. The I-134 used to require it, but the new forms no longer does. Wade is going to mail me the documents I need for my interview today, and there's nothing in it that needs to be notarized. Unless it is different from one consulate to the other, I don't think you need to worry about it either :star: I can see why you'd be confused and overwhelmed with all the paperwork, there's a lot to remember. Wade and I had to create a check list for both of us to make sure we don't forget anything. I rather bring with me an extra document than ending up being short of one. Good luck!

Yes, you are right. The new 1-134 form does not require you to notarize it. I did a lot of research on this and expert and other VJ members told me that the new form does not require it. So, don't worry about the notarization. Just make sure that you have all the financial support.

Star

Timeline
So as we wait for our NOA2's, I thought I would share my resent experiences with the CSC, E-mail/SMS Txt system. So I received my NOA1 on July 10th, like many started checking their web site almost daily there after. I signed up for E-mail notification, and then SMS txt as well. Almost three months goes by, and nothing at all. Then one day I am in a meeting, and checking CSC web site, and WOW I have been touched. For a brief moment I forgot I was in a meeting, and I kind of said that out loud, needless to say I got a few strange looks, then I explain what I meant, and a few laughs, a stare from my boss, the meeting continued.

So now I thinking any day a response will come, and then a couple of days later my phone (blackberry) makes a sound indicating I have a SMS txt, and then makes different sound indicating I have a e-mail message coming in. So I check the Txt, and yep it says I have an update for my petition, and to go to the web site. I'm nervous and excited all at once. Then I open the e-mail and it says I have been sent a RFE, so from jumping up and down, to a little sad.

Well exactly one week goes by, of course I was driving home for lunch every day, checking the mail for the letter (even Columbus Day lol). It arrives, I have the required document ready to send, then rush to the Post Office (it’s Friday), say express mail please. Then starting this Monday I check the site like morning, noon, & night, then at lunch today, yup SMS txt noise & the e-mail noise. So I’m like ok Txt says your case has been updated, and then the e-mail, well it was not a approval, but at least it said my case has resumed processing, so still excited, but not the real thing yet

So next time I get the, back to back noises, on my phone, I’m guessing it will be D-day, and I’m not sure my heart is ready for that yet.

Good luck to all on receiving your NOA2, and beyond.

Oh, we have similar timeline. I got my NOA1 on 8th July and then received RFE hardcopy on 16th Oct, we responded to that on 17th Oct. But, so far, we haven't received any notice about case being resumed. *sigh... it remains at RFE stage.

Hope that things will be fine for everybody. *pray

It took them 3 days to till I got the email update stating my case has resumed. Then took them another 8 days to approve my K-1. Season it will come and this is the reason why I hate RFE's. The waiting is excruciating.

Yes, you are right. The new 1-134 form does not require you to notarize it. I did a lot of research on this and expert and other VJ members told me that the new form does not require it. So, don't worry about the notarization. Just make sure that you have all the financial support.

Star

Hi Star, how are you? How's everything going with your visa journey? Been a while since I heard anything about your case so I'm curious where in the process you're at? :star:

Oh wow, wait, I see in your timeline how the consulate already received your package. How exciting!

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Timeline

Guys been reading about so many denials at the indian embassy. It's really scaring me now. I know ours is at the Bombay Embassy, but from what I reading they seem to be pretty harsh. I don't know what I would do if I get a denial. I was so confident before and this post really scared me.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...224586&st=0

Check it out!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Guys been reading about so many denials at the indian embassy. It's really scaring me now. I know ours is at the Bombay Embassy, but from what I reading they seem to be pretty harsh. I don't know what I would do if I get a denial. I was so confident before and this post really scared me.

Check it out!

You've already jumped through a million hoops. If they deny then you fight fight fight some more. Everything will be ok.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

Check it out!

You've already jumped through a million hoops. If they deny then you fight fight fight some more. Everything will be ok.

Thanks Jewel :)(F) . The status of my case is that things are moving so quickly now. My fiance is suppossed to get his interview date this week, but after reading that post not feeling so confident about it now. Yeah, I know I could fight it and just get married, but we did the K-1 fiance as it is much more faster. To imagine after all this to wait some more is going to be excruciating. Maybe I will just move to India. I know I should be thinking positive, but after reading denials you can not help it.

Edited by Starlight95

Check it out!

Thanks Jewel :)(F) . The status of my case is that things are moving so quickly now. My fiance is suppossed to get his interview date this week, but after reading that post not feeling so confident about it now. Yeah, I know I could fight it and just get married, but we did the K-1 fiance as it is much more faster. To imagine after all this to wait some more is going to be excruciating. Maybe I will just move to India. I know I should be thinking positive, but after reading denials you can not help it.

All will be ok Star! Try not to stress yourself to much. Every case is different, and every consular that interviews you is different. The moving over part is mine and Damos backup plan. If for some strange reason we got denied I was going to move over and marry him and just file a k3 will over in australia and wait it out there. No more being seperated if this didnt work. But it will!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
All will be ok Star! Try not to stress yourself to much. Every case is different, and every consular that interviews you is different. The moving over part is mine and Damos backup plan. If for some strange reason we got denied I was going to move over and marry him and just file a k3 will over in australia and wait it out there. No more being seperated if this didnt work. But it will!

That's my last resort plan too. Sell everything and then buy tickets for the kid and I to get there. I doubt any of us will have to do anything even close to that extreme though. I still have fun looking at jobs and apartments online though. :D

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Check it out!

Ditto on the back-up plan...though I hope none of us have to resort. So I finally made it to the consulate! And they may be getting ready to process interviews again. Hopefully it's not the 6 month wait I was anticipating. I'll feel so much better when Adam receives Packet 3.

Still want to give a big "hang in there" to all still waiting for the d@mn NOA2. Keep on your patience and positive thinking. I know it's easier said than done, but I hate the thought of anyone distrought in the process, especially since we aren't out of the woods just yet. I find myself stressing more right now than I did with USCIS. Maybe because I think so much more can go wrong :( Positive attitude!

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Got approved. :) Got my text message around 7:30pm. No touch, just approved. :D

Back to my original point Guardian - this process is like LOTTERY because i bet you aren't b*tching now since you have your NOA2 and people before you don't.

So, the only way I rationalize it is by believing it is a matter of luck - this way, when people get it I can still cheer them on. And that's why I was trying to give you a positive outlook the other day ...Which from your response didn't go so well.

And on that note, Congratulations!!! I'm sooo excited for you...just like I was excited and happy for everyone else that got their NOA2. Goodluck on the rest of your journey ...wish you a swift one!!!

Make sure you keep us posted on the next hurdle ...NVC!!!

To the rest of my vj family - thank you :) And hope you are all doing well.

:whistle:

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Got approved. :) Got my text message around 7:30pm. No touch, just approved. :D

Back to my original point Guardian - this process is like LOTTERY because i bet you aren't b*tching now since you have your NOA2 and people before you don't.

So, the only way I rationalize it is by believing it is a matter of luck - this way, when people get it I can still cheer them on. And that's why I was trying to give you a positive outlook the other day ...Which from your response didn't go so well.

And on that note, Congratulations!!! I'm sooo excited for you...just like I was excited and happy for everyone else that got their NOA2. Goodluck on the rest of your journey ...wish you a swift one!!!

Make sure you keep us posted on the next hurdle ...NVC!!!

To the rest of my vj family - thank you :) And hope you are all doing well.

:whistle:

M&F

I am still here waiting and hoping each day that you get your NOA2!!!

I know it can happen any day or any second and know that drives you crazy!!

But rest assured it will happen!!

SENT NOA1 July 6,2009

Rec. NOA1 July 10,2009

Touched 10/02/2009

Recvd NOA2 10/07/2009

NVC RCVD 10/05/2009

NVC Shipped to Embassy 10/07/2009

Embassy Recvd 10/13/2009

Medical Exam 11/11/2009 Passed!!!!!!

Interview 11/12/2009 Granted Visa!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.