1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I called DOS monday and asked them if our case was at the consulate yet.. They said its still in customs.. I am soo worried bc Morocco is so slow with their mail anyways so no telling how long it will take to get it out to the consulate! Hopefully soon it will be on its way!

POE at JFK:01-26-2010

Wedding:02-03-2010

Filed AOS: 11-22-2010

AOS Accepted: 12-08-2010

NOA1 for AOS & EAD: 12-11-2010

Received Biometrics Appt: 12-16-2010

Biometrics Appt: 01-05-2011

Transferred to CSC: 01-13-2011

EAD Approved: 02-11-2011

EAD Received: 02-22-2011

AOS Approved: 03-07-2011

AOS Received: 03-14-2011

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called DOS monday and asked them if our case was at the consulate yet.. They said its still in customs.. I am soo worried bc Morocco is so slow with their mail anyways so no telling how long it will take to get it out to the consulate! Hopefully soon it will be on its way!

Hello Reshna~Adnan! Have you tried to track your package? Ever since our package left the US, I could track it and see exactly where it would be all the way to Norway. It didn't take long at all for us, but it was still nice to be able to see the country, city, arrival time etc on the way there. I'm sure it will make it to the consulate soon, you guys are so close now so hang in there! :star:

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi Guys

Sorry for showing up after a long was very busy.The latest update on our petition is that the case is forwarded to New Delhi Embassy on 14 oct 2009 and after tracking on DHL i found one case left from Portsmouth, NH to New delhi on 14 and the same has been recieved on 19 Oct. Hoping the case is ours.

I'm glad you did not get stuck in AP. How long until you know when your interview is?

Thank you Jewel. Well i have'nt heard from New Delhi Embassy yet maybe this week they will send the packet3 :)

I don't think you need to wait for packet 3 in postal mail. You can check out your embassys website and download packet 3 and start preparing it and mailing it out now. That is the fastest way to go. At the Mumbai consulate you can dowload packet 3 once you get the confirmation that the consulate has recieved it and then mail it out. It's really up to you :).

Thanks Star

i know the fastest way is to download the forms from New Delhi Embassy and start filling them out. we are a bit confused about all the documentation part which my Fiancee is suppose to send me. Not sure which all documents needs to be Notarised. Any Advice pls help

Thanks Star

i know the fastest way is to download the forms from New Delhi Embassy and start filling them out. we are a bit confused about all the documentation part which my Fiancee is suppose to send me. Not sure which all documents needs to be Notarised. Any Advice pls help

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any signatures need to be notarized. Not any more. The I-134 used to require it, but the new forms no longer does. Wade is going to mail me the documents I need for my interview today, and there's nothing in it that needs to be notarized. Unless it is different from one consulate to the other, I don't think you need to worry about it either :star: I can see why you'd be confused and overwhelmed with all the paperwork, there's a lot to remember. Wade and I had to create a check list for both of us to make sure we don't forget anything. I rather bring with me an extra document than ending up being short of one. Good luck!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Thanks Star

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any signatures need to be notarized. Not any more. The I-134 used to require it, but the new forms no longer does. Wade is going to mail me the documents I need for my interview today, and there's nothing in it that needs to be notarized. Unless it is different from one consulate to the other, I don't think you need to worry about it either :star: I can see why you'd be confused and overwhelmed with all the paperwork, there's a lot to remember. Wade and I had to create a check list for both of us to make sure we don't forget anything. I rather bring with me an extra document than ending up being short of one. Good luck!

The UK embassy requires a notarized letter of intent if it has been over 4 months from the NOA2. It might be best for both parties to have updated letters. I didnt send Dave one that was notarized because I figured our first one wasnt so why should this one be? Maybe I'll redo the docs and send him more though.. it seems like a good idea.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

The UK embassy requires a notarized letter of intent if it has been over 4 months from the NOA2. It might be best for both parties to have updated letters. I didnt send Dave one that was notarized because I figured our first one wasnt so why should this one be? Maybe I'll redo the docs and send him more though.. it seems like a good idea.

In our case I doubt it'll be four months from NOA2 to the interview. We have been e-mailing the embassy here in Norway with whatever it is we have been wondering about and so far they have been more than helpful. We won't need any of our documents to be notarized, but like I mentioned in my earlier post, it might be different from one embassy to the other. Norway is quite difficult when it comes to requesting a police rapport and this has been my biggest issue so far. They will not issue me one until they see a letter from the consulate asking for it, and the consulate is telling us how they can not request one for me. I'm going to e-mail some of the other norwegians who have done this to ask how they got this sorted out, so we're working on it. We did expect some hickups somewhere along the process and it could have been worse for sure. Did you send Dave all the documents already? How far along are you guys with the preparations for the interview? :star:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Did you send Dave all the documents already? How far along are you guys with the preparations for the interview? :star:

My package to Dave is in the mail. UK's postal service is striking. Dave has to request the police cert and has had unforeseen delays with that because they require a bit of documentation just to get a police cert!!

You are suppose to have the police cert in hand before you send back the P3 checklist. So it may take up to a month to get police cert, and then it may take anywhere from 23-59 days from sending P3 back until the interview. I keep wanting to beg him to send the P3 checklist and all the DS230 and 156 stuff in already, but that might be a bad idea.

Also, The US Embassy in UK is stupid. The only place to get a medical is in London at Knightbridge. I cant believe how unbelievable that is!!

I hope we have some luck and he is here soon.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Did you send Dave all the documents already? How far along are you guys with the preparations for the interview? :star:

My package to Dave is in the mail. UK's postal service is striking. Dave has to request the police cert and has had unforeseen delays with that because they require a bit of documentation just to get a police cert!!

You are suppose to have the police cert in hand before you send back the P3 checklist. So it may take up to a month to get police cert, and then it may take anywhere from 23-59 days from sending P3 back until the interview. I keep wanting to beg him to send the P3 checklist and all the DS230 and 156 stuff in already, but that might be a bad idea.

Also, The US Embassy in UK is stupid. The only place to get a medical is in London at Knightbridge. I cant believe how unbelievable that is!!

Luckily Damo's police cert wasnt to bad, he actually had fun going in and getting his fingerprints scanned, lol.. When he got finished he called me and the first thing he said was, "That was fun!" lol. Anyways, he spent the last week moving into his new place and ran himself down, now he has a cold and his glands are swollen, he is suppose to have his medical on monday, and ofcourse your glands are one of the things they check, so I told him that he might have to reschedule........ugh another delay.....but oh well its better to be safe than sorry. I told him it was no biggie to reschedule because the consulate doesnt even have the papers yet and not to stress. Ofcourse he stresses about it lol.

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

OK Folks - I promised an update. Recall I sent an e-mail to the DHS person a friend of mine sort of knows. Below is the edited text of the e-mail I sent.

My name is William Rogers and I am an employee of U.S. Civil Service. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me regarding my 129F

Petition submittal. My understanding is that the USCIS reviews and addresses these types of petitions on a case by case basis and in the order they are received.

BACKGROUND:

1. I submitted a completed 129F petition w/check on 18 July 2009 to the California Service Center.

2. My NOA1 date is July 22, 2009 and review time is still within the 5 month goal.

3. My Receipt Number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

4. I prepared my submission in accordance with the preference outlined in the Instructions for 129F Petition for Fiancée printed by your organization.

5. To date I have NOT received a request for Further Evidence (RFE).

6. To date I have not noticed that my 129F has been touched by your agency other than acknowledging receipt and cashing check. I gather this from the USCIS website "Case Status" Section.

CONCERN:

1. I track peoples K-1 visa process on various websites. I have since confirmed that the CSC has APPROVED petitions (non-expedited requested and

non-military) that have NOA1 dates beyond mine. Clearly this is not the order in which they are received.

Can you explain this to me? I am concerned mine is lost!

2. If during this process we are still in the background check stage (and if I understand correctly this is a background check for me at this time) for national security - this should be easy... I work for the Department of Defense and do not present a national security threat. Same for my fiancée

- She worked on a U.S. Army post in Korea and she too had to get checked out.

I understand that DHS Immigration and DoD are separate agencies but I think we are "checked out (for lack of better terminology)"

Perhaps by the time you receive this I will have my NOA2 - but if not is there anything I can do to speed this up? Can you tell me why others with

later NOA1 dates have been processed?

I would also like to have the name and contact information of a U.S. Government Employee, not a contractor, that can assist me in my query.

I respect the Mission and Core values of the USCIS. I too have to operate under similar principals with a strong emphasis on customer service as I

serve the members of the armed forces.

Please respond concisely to my questions - look into this as I am concerned my 129F is missing or please tell me if I can clarify any concern.

Respectfully,

William Rogers

Below is the response I got and it wasnt from the name of the person I sent it to.

"You are correct the processing time for these petitions is 5 months and you are within the processing time.

Thanks,

Officer Duddly" (-I changed the last name)

SO I responded back letting him know I spent some time writing that e-mail and that he didnt ackowledge any question and that he only acknowledged what I stated about the 5 month processing time. I told him I will take the customer service aspect up with the name of the person my friend gave me.

I will note that in the morning I checked my case status at the USCIS website and nothing - the date of my NOA1. I decided to check before i left work tonite at 6:00 PM HST and I had my first touch. Coincidence - maybe, i'm not sure BUT I am a bit more happier today than yesterday. Good luck to my friends here! I'll keep you posted

i feel you.. i'm also losing patience.. :angry: i sent my petition 1 week ahead of yours and until now my petition hasnt been touched! i have the same concern that it is lost or what.. Based on timeline data, my I129f may be adjudicated between October 9, 2009 and October 21, 2009..

rxist03

You and I are 1 day apart!!! Hopefully we will get something soon!!!! :)

Hey all you July CSC filers .... I'm thinking about y'all.

I hope you get good news soon!!!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Luckily Damo's police cert wasnt to bad, he actually had fun going in and getting his fingerprints scanned, lol.. When he got finished he called me and the first thing he said was, "That was fun!" lol. Anyways, he spent the last week moving into his new place and ran himself down, now he has a cold and his glands are swollen, he is suppose to have his medical on monday, and ofcourse your glands are one of the things they check, so I told him that he might have to reschedule........ugh another delay.....but oh well its better to be safe than sorry. I told him it was no biggie to reschedule because the consulate doesnt even have the papers yet and not to stress. Ofcourse he stresses about it lol.

Over here they don't check our fingerprints.. it's just a matter of filling out a form and asking for the rapport.. but apparently that's far from an easy mission to complete :wacko: But but.. I'm not giving up. There has to be a way for me to work around it, I'm thinking of calling up the regional police station tomorrow rather than talking to the local office. Obviously I can't be the first person in the country requesting such a thing. - That's just really bad luck with Damo's cold, of course you always get one when it's the worst time to have one! I can understand his stress though, I'd want to have the whole medical thing over with too - even though, like I said before, it's not half as bad as I thought it would be. He'll be fine though, swollen glands and all (F)

They're striking!? Talk about bad luck.. have they said anything about when they think the whole thing might start running again? I know how much of a pain it is to request the police cert, so I can see why that would be frustrating. I was really lucky with the medical. I thought I had to go across the country to see the panel doctor, but he was actually willing to meet me here in my city.. it was a huge, unexpected surprise :thumbs: Do they require his medical to be done before the interview or can he schedule it on the same day?

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

So as we wait for our NOA2's, I thought I would share my resent experiences with the CSC, E-mail/SMS Txt system. So I received my NOA1 on July 10th, like many started checking their web site almost daily there after. I signed up for E-mail notification, and then SMS txt as well. Almost three months goes by, and nothing at all. Then one day I am in a meeting, and checking CSC web site, and WOW I have been touched. For a brief moment I forgot I was in a meeting, and I kind of said that out loud, needless to say I got a few strange looks, then I explain what I meant, and a few laughs, a stare from my boss, the meeting continued.

So now I thinking any day a response will come, and then a couple of days later my phone (blackberry) makes a sound indicating I have a SMS txt, and then makes different sound indicating I have a e-mail message coming in. So I check the Txt, and yep it says I have an update for my petition, and to go to the web site. I'm nervous and excited all at once. Then I open the e-mail and it says I have been sent a RFE, so from jumping up and down, to a little sad.

Well exactly one week goes by, of course I was driving home for lunch every day, checking the mail for the letter (even Columbus Day lol). It arrives, I have the required document ready to send, then rush to the Post Office (it’s Friday), say express mail please. Then starting this Monday I check the site like morning, noon, & night, then at lunch today, yup SMS txt noise & the e-mail noise. So I’m like ok Txt says your case has been updated, and then the e-mail, well it was not a approval, but at least it said my case has resumed processing, so still excited, but not the real thing yet

So next time I get the, back to back noises, on my phone, I’m guessing it will be D-day, and I’m not sure my heart is ready for that yet.

Good luck to all on receiving your NOA2, and beyond.

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
So as we wait for our NOA2's, I thought I would share my resent experiences with the CSC, E-mail/SMS Txt system. So I received my NOA1 on July 10th, like many started checking their web site almost daily there after. I signed up for E-mail notification, and then SMS txt as well. Almost three months goes by, and nothing at all. Then one day I am in a meeting, and checking CSC web site, and WOW I have been touched. For a brief moment I forgot I was in a meeting, and I kind of said that out loud, needless to say I got a few strange looks, then I explain what I meant, and a few laughs, a stare from my boss, the meeting continued.

So now I thinking any day a response will come, and then a couple of days later my phone (blackberry) makes a sound indicating I have a SMS txt, and then makes different sound indicating I have a e-mail message coming in. So I check the Txt, and yep it says I have an update for my petition, and to go to the web site. I'm nervous and excited all at once. Then I open the e-mail and it says I have been sent a RFE, so from jumping up and down, to a little sad.

Well exactly one week goes by, of course I was driving home for lunch every day, checking the mail for the letter (even Columbus Day lol). It arrives, I have the required document ready to send, then rush to the Post Office (it’s Friday), say express mail please. Then starting this Monday I check the site like morning, noon, & night, then at lunch today, yup SMS txt noise & the e-mail noise. So I’m like ok Txt says your case has been updated, and then the e-mail, well it was not a approval, but at least it said my case has resumed processing, so still excited, but not the real thing yet

So next time I get the, back to back noises, on my phone, I’m guessing it will be D-day, and I’m not sure my heart is ready for that yet.

Good luck to all on receiving your NOA2, and beyond.

Oh, we have similar timeline. I got my NOA1 on 8th July and then received RFE hardcopy on 16th Oct, we responded to that on 17th Oct. But, so far, we haven't received any notice about case being resumed. *sigh... it remains at RFE stage.

Hope that things will be fine for everybody. *pray

Edited by season

I just got packet 3 sent to me via email! YAY! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: I forwarded it to Damo, lol he is at work and is trying to not cheer outloud, haha!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got approved. :) Got my text message around 7:30pm. No touch, just approved. :D

My Fiance: GuardianAngel

K-1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent: July 23, 2009

Check Cashed: July 29, 2009

NOA1: July 28, 2009

NOA2: October 21, 2009

Left NVC: October 28, 2009

Medical Passed: December 15/16, 2009

Interview Passed: January 19th, 2010

Air21 Confirmation: January 25, 2010

Visa received: January 26, 2010

CFO Completed: January 27th, 2010

Flight to US: Febuary 3rd, 2010

MARRIED!: March 20th, 2010

AOS Timeline:

AOS, EAD, AP Filed: April 29, 2010

AOS, EAD, AP NOA1: May 6th, 2010

EAD, AP Biometrics: May 25th, 2010

Got approved. :) Got my text message around 7:30pm. No touch, just approved. :D

Congratulations!! This is wonderful news and I am so happy for you :dance:

What was the reaction of your fiancèe? You must be so excited! :thumbs:

I just got packet 3 sent to me via email! YAY! I forwarded it to Damo, lol he is at work and is trying to not cheer outloud, haha!

Awesome! It's always nice to see when people get so excited, and I can see why! The embassy over here sent out the package two days ago, so I'm hoping it will be in my mail today, keeping my fingers crossed :yes:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.