1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
SO I responded back letting him know I spent some time writing that e-mail and that he didnt ackowledge any question and that he only acknowledged what I stated about the 5 month processing time. I told him I will take the customer service aspect up with the name of the person my friend gave me.

I will note that in the morning I checked my case status at the USCIS website and nothing - the date of my NOA1. I decided to check before i left work tonite at 6:00 PM HST and I had my first touch. Coincidence - maybe, i'm not sure BUT I am a bit more happier today than yesterday. Good luck to my friends here! I'll keep you posted

Thanks for the post William! I'm glad you got a touch finally. I hope they finish up the June and July files this week.

Love ya guys!!!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I called DOS and they were able to tell me everything about my petition and when it arrived and that packet 3 has been mailed out. I don't know, but it seems really strange that they don't have your petition yet at the consulate. Did you call DOS as well? The number is 202 663 1225. You press 1 then 0. I know the consulate would have more info, but sometimes I wonder about the people that work there. If you get a chance call DOS tomorrow. I called them today and they told me the exact status of my petition.

Thanks Star! Yeah I called the number you posted, she said that it was sent but consulate hasnt received it yet. So its on its way atleast, yay! Hopefully we will hear something from the consulate by friday :wub: thanks alot! :wub:

Edited by lyekka

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys

Sorry for showing up after a long was very busy.The latest update on our petition is that the case is forwarded to New Delhi Embassy on 14 oct 2009 and after tracking on DHL i found one case left from Portsmouth, NH to New delhi on 14 and the same has been recieved on 19 Oct. Hoping the case is ours.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Hi Guys

Sorry for showing up after a long was very busy.The latest update on our petition is that the case is forwarded to New Delhi Embassy on 14 oct 2009 and after tracking on DHL i found one case left from Portsmouth, NH to New delhi on 14 and the same has been recieved on 19 Oct. Hoping the case is ours.

I'm glad you did not get stuck in AP. How long until you know when your interview is?

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Hello everyone,

it was so nice to log on today and see so much activity from so many members. I just can't believe no one got approved today, and can't help but wonder when the next july approval will come. We'll be half way through the week tomorrow though, and I can only hope something will happen during the next few days! More approvals, please!

It's also really nice to read about everyone who's getting their packages forwarded to the consulate. You guys are so close now! How's everyone doing with the preparation for the interviews?

Our package was delivered in Oslo yesterday. Wade made a phone call to see if he could get some more information. They told him 'Oslo already sent the package'.. and now I'm wondering what that means? Are they talking about the papers I will receive from the consulate, or what? I'm feeling a bit confused here :blink:

Anyway, just wanted to come by and see what's going on with everyone. Hope you're all doing well and that we will see more NOA2s soon! We got a week and a half left of october, so something must happen soon. After all, october IS our month, right!?

Go CSC Go!!!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hello everyone,

it was so nice to log on today and see so much activity from so many members. I just can't believe no one got approved today, and can't help but wonder when the next july approval will come. We'll be half way through the week tomorrow though, and I can only hope something will happen during the next few days! More approvals, please!

It's also really nice to read about everyone who's getting their packages forwarded to the consulate. You guys are so close now! How's everyone doing with the preparation for the interviews?

Our package was delivered in Oslo yesterday. Wade made a phone call to see if he could get some more information. They told him 'Oslo already sent the package'.. and now I'm wondering what that means? Are they talking about the papers I will receive from the consulate, or what? I'm feeling a bit confused here :blink:

Anyway, just wanted to come by and see what's going on with everyone. Hope you're all doing well and that we will see more NOA2s soon! We got a week and a half left of october, so something must happen soon. After all, october IS our month, right!?

Go CSC Go!!!

Hi Kristin and everyone else of course...

So it is that time of the week when i need to whine and complain.

Timeline states that CSC is currently working on July 20 applications ...whatever that means considering there hasn't been any activity for this week and I'm an NOA1 of July 16.

I haven't seen anything or heard anything yet ...no touches ...NOTHING.

I am totally trying to be optimistic seeing as my projected adjudication date via my timeline has not passed yet-so i'm holding on to that.

It is thrilling though to hear about everyone else's process because it gets me prepared for what I can anticipate. I'm also so happy to hear that most go to NVC and get right out of there within 2 weeks.

It is almost the end of October and October 31st will be my 3.5 month waiting mark. (YES i know- USCIS says 5 months) but anyway ...Maybe everyone was right that I shouldn't expect anything before 4 months. Either way, this process is totally depressing.

I'm over it on so many levels...I miss him terribly ...and I hope I will see him soon. Everyday still feels like groundhogs day .. you know.. like that movie?! Funny movie but sucks to feel it in real life.

I just hope I will hear something soon and I can't wait to share it with you all when i do! yay!

To the rest of you ...sooooo exciting!!! can't wait to hear about the interview stories :)

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
OK Folks - I promised an update. Recall I sent an e-mail to the DHS person a friend of mine sort of knows. Below is the edited text of the e-mail I sent.

My name is William Rogers and I am an employee of U.S. Civil Service. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me regarding my 129F

Petition submittal. My understanding is that the USCIS reviews and addresses these types of petitions on a case by case basis and in the order they are received.

BACKGROUND:

1. I submitted a completed 129F petition w/check on 18 July 2009 to the California Service Center.

2. My NOA1 date is July 22, 2009 and review time is still within the 5 month goal.

3. My Receipt Number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

4. I prepared my submission in accordance with the preference outlined in the Instructions for 129F Petition for Fiancée printed by your organization.

5. To date I have NOT received a request for Further Evidence (RFE).

6. To date I have not noticed that my 129F has been touched by your agency other than acknowledging receipt and cashing check. I gather this from the USCIS website "Case Status" Section.

CONCERN:

1. I track peoples K-1 visa process on various websites. I have since confirmed that the CSC has APPROVED petitions (non-expedited requested and

non-military) that have NOA1 dates beyond mine. Clearly this is not the order in which they are received.

Can you explain this to me? I am concerned mine is lost!

2. If during this process we are still in the background check stage (and if I understand correctly this is a background check for me at this time) for national security - this should be easy... I work for the Department of Defense and do not present a national security threat. Same for my fiancée

- She worked on a U.S. Army post in Korea and she too had to get checked out.

I understand that DHS Immigration and DoD are separate agencies but I think we are "checked out (for lack of better terminology)"

Perhaps by the time you receive this I will have my NOA2 - but if not is there anything I can do to speed this up? Can you tell me why others with

later NOA1 dates have been processed?

I would also like to have the name and contact information of a U.S. Government Employee, not a contractor, that can assist me in my query.

I respect the Mission and Core values of the USCIS. I too have to operate under similar principals with a strong emphasis on customer service as I

serve the members of the armed forces.

Please respond concisely to my questions - look into this as I am concerned my 129F is missing or please tell me if I can clarify any concern.

Respectfully,

William Rogers

Below is the response I got and it wasnt from the name of the person I sent it to.

"You are correct the processing time for these petitions is 5 months and you are within the processing time.

Thanks,

Officer Duddly" (-I changed the last name)

SO I responded back letting him know I spent some time writing that e-mail and that he didnt ackowledge any question and that he only acknowledged what I stated about the 5 month processing time. I told him I will take the customer service aspect up with the name of the person my friend gave me.

I will note that in the morning I checked my case status at the USCIS website and nothing - the date of my NOA1. I decided to check before i left work tonite at 6:00 PM HST and I had my first touch. Coincidence - maybe, i'm not sure BUT I am a bit more happier today than yesterday. Good luck to my friends here! I'll keep you posted

i feel you.. i'm also losing patience.. :angry: i sent my petition 1 week ahead of yours and until now my petition hasnt been touched! i have the same concern that it is lost or what.. Based on timeline data, my I129f may be adjudicated between October 9, 2009 and October 21, 2009..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
OK Folks - I promised an update. Recall I sent an e-mail to the DHS person a friend of mine sort of knows. Below is the edited text of the e-mail I sent.

My name is William Rogers and I am an employee of U.S. Civil Service. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me regarding my 129F

Petition submittal. My understanding is that the USCIS reviews and addresses these types of petitions on a case by case basis and in the order they are received.

BACKGROUND:

1. I submitted a completed 129F petition w/check on 18 July 2009 to the California Service Center.

2. My NOA1 date is July 22, 2009 and review time is still within the 5 month goal.

3. My Receipt Number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

4. I prepared my submission in accordance with the preference outlined in the Instructions for 129F Petition for Fiancée printed by your organization.

5. To date I have NOT received a request for Further Evidence (RFE).

6. To date I have not noticed that my 129F has been touched by your agency other than acknowledging receipt and cashing check. I gather this from the USCIS website "Case Status" Section.

CONCERN:

1. I track peoples K-1 visa process on various websites. I have since confirmed that the CSC has APPROVED petitions (non-expedited requested and

non-military) that have NOA1 dates beyond mine. Clearly this is not the order in which they are received.

Can you explain this to me? I am concerned mine is lost!

2. If during this process we are still in the background check stage (and if I understand correctly this is a background check for me at this time) for national security - this should be easy... I work for the Department of Defense and do not present a national security threat. Same for my fiancée

- She worked on a U.S. Army post in Korea and she too had to get checked out.

I understand that DHS Immigration and DoD are separate agencies but I think we are "checked out (for lack of better terminology)"

Perhaps by the time you receive this I will have my NOA2 - but if not is there anything I can do to speed this up? Can you tell me why others with

later NOA1 dates have been processed?

I would also like to have the name and contact information of a U.S. Government Employee, not a contractor, that can assist me in my query.

I respect the Mission and Core values of the USCIS. I too have to operate under similar principals with a strong emphasis on customer service as I

serve the members of the armed forces.

Please respond concisely to my questions - look into this as I am concerned my 129F is missing or please tell me if I can clarify any concern.

Respectfully,

William Rogers

Below is the response I got and it wasnt from the name of the person I sent it to.

"You are correct the processing time for these petitions is 5 months and you are within the processing time.

Thanks,

Officer Duddly" (-I changed the last name)

i feel you.. i'm also losing patience.. :angry: i sent my petition 1 week ahead of yours and until now my petition hasnt been touched! i have the same concern that it is lost or what.. Based on timeline data, my I129f may be adjudicated between October 9, 2009 and October 21, 2009..

rxist03

You and I are 1 day apart!!! Hopefully we will get something soon!!!! :)

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Timeline
Hi Guys

I'm glad you did not get stuck in AP. How long until you know when your interview is?

Thank you Jewel. Well i have'nt heard from New Delhi Embassy yet maybe this week they will send the packet3 :)

Timeline

Hi there,

I called DOS and they were able to tell me everything about my petition and when it arrived and that packet 3 has been mailed out. I don't know, but it seems really strange that they don't have your petition yet at the consulate. Did you call DOS as well? The number is 202 663 1225. You press 1 then 0. I know the consulate would have more info, but sometimes I wonder about the people that work there. If you get a chance call DOS tomorrow. I called them today and they told me the exact status of my petition.

Thanks Star! Yeah I called the number you posted, she said that it was sent but consulate hasnt received it yet. So its on its way atleast, yay! Hopefully we will hear something from the consulate by friday :wub: thanks alot! :wub:

No problem :). I am glad its on its way. It will probably reach the consulate before you know it. Things just seem to move fast after it goes through the embassy.

Timeline
Hi Guys

Thank you Jewel. Well i have'nt heard from New Delhi Embassy yet maybe this week they will send the packet3 :)

I don't think you need to wait for packet 3 in postal mail. You can check out your embassys website and download packet 3 and start preparing it and mailing it out now. That is the fastest way to go. At the Mumbai consulate you can dowload packet 3 once you get the confirmation that the consulate has recieved it and then mail it out. It's really up to you :).

Timeline

Thanks for the post William! I'm glad you got a touch finally. I hope they finish up the June and July files this week.

Love ya guys!!!

Thanks JewelX! I hope so too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-18

USCIS Cashes Check: 2009-07-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-23

Touch: 2009-10-19

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

RFE Reply(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-28

NVC Received : 2009-11-02

NVC Left : 2009-11-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Timeline

Love ya guys!!!

Thanks JewelX! I hope so too!

Also to M&F...Sending vibes out for all to recieve the infamous NOA2. It seems though that for the last week VSC is now ahead of CSC per the Igor list. Damn leaf peepers! LOL Good luck

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-18

USCIS Cashes Check: 2009-07-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-23

Touch: 2009-10-19

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

RFE Reply(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-28

NVC Received : 2009-11-02

NVC Left : 2009-11-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great, my estimated timeline went up a week. More and more people from August are getting approved. :(

My Fiance: GuardianAngel

K-1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent: July 23, 2009

Check Cashed: July 29, 2009

NOA1: July 28, 2009

NOA2: October 21, 2009

Left NVC: October 28, 2009

Medical Passed: December 15/16, 2009

Interview Passed: January 19th, 2010

Air21 Confirmation: January 25, 2010

Visa received: January 26, 2010

CFO Completed: January 27th, 2010

Flight to US: Febuary 3rd, 2010

MARRIED!: March 20th, 2010

AOS Timeline:

AOS, EAD, AP Filed: April 29, 2010

AOS, EAD, AP NOA1: May 6th, 2010

EAD, AP Biometrics: May 25th, 2010

Hi Kristin and everyone else of course...

So it is that time of the week when i need to whine and complain.

Timeline states that CSC is currently working on July 20 applications ...whatever that means considering there hasn't been any activity for this week and I'm an NOA1 of July 16.

I haven't seen anything or heard anything yet ...no touches ...NOTHING.

I am totally trying to be optimistic seeing as my projected adjudication date via my timeline has not passed yet-so i'm holding on to that.

It is thrilling though to hear about everyone else's process because it gets me prepared for what I can anticipate. I'm also so happy to hear that most go to NVC and get right out of there within 2 weeks.

It is almost the end of October and October 31st will be my 3.5 month waiting mark. (YES i know- USCIS says 5 months) but anyway ...Maybe everyone was right that I shouldn't expect anything before 4 months. Either way, this process is totally depressing.

I'm over it on so many levels...I miss him terribly ...and I hope I will see him soon. Everyday still feels like groundhogs day .. you know.. like that movie?! Funny movie but sucks to feel it in real life.

I just hope I will hear something soon and I can't wait to share it with you all when i do! yay!

To the rest of you ...sooooo exciting!!! can't wait to hear about the interview stories :)

10 more days before your 3.5M mark, Marie, you can do it! I believe you will hear something from CSC by then, you must have! I also know they say 5 months, but we both know most people get approved earlier. At least that's what all Igor and VJ experience tells us :yes: Now we just need to get you onboard as well with the NOA2 so you can start to stress about the rest of the process instead - from one sort of stress to the other :devil: Speaking about the rest of the process, how's the consulate in his country? Slow, quick? And yes! I know the movie, I like the movie and think it's pretty darn cute.. just not so funny when it's your own life staring it in :wacko:

But but but.. positive thoughts! Sending lots of good, fuzzy vibes from Norway to the CSC office so we can speed up the approvals! Two more days left before the weekend - show us what ya can do, Cali!! :star:

Edit: three more days.. I keep forgetting the time zone difference, lol!

But still.. GO GO GO!!!

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.