1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I know it seems interminable, but all July filers who have NOT received their NOA2 are still in the USCIS's timeframe for NOA2. I know that is easy to say, since I got mine in 66 days, but I prepared myself from the beginning to not see NOA2 for 4-5 months and I was VERY pleasantly surprised to receive it earlier. Why do some get their NOA2 earlier (or later) than others? My immigration attorney, who has handled over 8000 applications had this to say:

Wow, that's wonderful. It is easy for you to say. I'm sure you don't have much of an filter when you want to tell people something. Do you? I sure don't!!!! You might want to hang on for this one.

We've been giving each other support this entire way. The people and their fiance(e)s in this forum ARE attorneys, mathematicians, stats experts, accountants, etc. Not all of us had to PAY someone to tell us what is going on, because we have used our own reasoning, research and heartbreak to get to this point.

Your post has a tone of, "I know better than you". Before I totally rip your throat out or ask you just HOW SMALL your c*** is I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you failed to understand the tone of your email. Try again.

Good luck, and PLEASE do not disappear only to post and let us know when you have your fiance(e) permanently with you. Especially if you want to tell us that it's not so bad that we are still lonely with no end in sight.

Yes, you did take it totally wrong! - I was really trying to be encouraging (by stating that July filers were still in the "acceptable range") and being apologetic in advance (since I was one of the lucky ones to receive mine early) but that doesn't mean I couldn't be sympathetic. And, I don't know better than others who did everything on their own. I couldn't really "afford" to hire a lawyer, but I couldn't afford to take chances either by missing one detail and having to go back and redo things and have the emotional and financial expense of a delay. So, I made a conscious decision to give myself every chance at success. By mentioning my lawyers' experience, I was not trying to convey that I knew better, but to put credence behind HIS written explanation as to why there seems to be no rhyme or reason on why some get through the process faster than others. Knowledge is power - or I was hoping in this case that it would be some comfort to those who are waiting and wondering......

BTW, I reread my comment through your "filter" and I can see how it could be read incorrectly, so I won't fault you for being too "harsh", afterall you were considerate enough to couch your words with "I will give you the benefit of the doubt". Good luck.

Ps. I sent another post showing the decreasing timelines for VSC NOA2 responses (for my lawyer's clients, at least) - again to give some hope that any backlogs at VSC are getting cleared up.

5/20/08 Met through a mutual friend in Medellin

7/02/08 - 10/27/08 Visited 5 times

12/08/08 6th Visit Medellin (gave "Promise" ring to be exclusive)

1/22/09 - 6/21/09 4 more visits. 6/22/09 GOT ENGAGED!

7/25/09 11th Visit Met in Panama

9/19/09 12th Visit Met in Medellin for Dial Del Amor y Amistad

6/23-7/21 Gathered paperwork and applied for I-129F 7/24/09 USCIS acknowledges Receipt of I-129F application NOA1

9/28/09 NOA2 received!!! Only 66 days! 10/02/09 NSC Received and completed Application and sent to Bogota

10/02/09 Embassy received application (my lawyer is two weeks behind informing me - time line information learned on 10/15/09)

10/09/09 Embassy sent out Package 3 10/15/09 Package 3 not received - downloaded forms from website.

10/16/09 Submitted DS-2100 and Ds-230 to apply for interview date. 10/23/09 Received Interview date (had to call DOS)

12/09/09 Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/07/10 Arrived in Miami, cleared Immigration with no problems. Arrived in Charlotte to a freaking cold spell 55 degrees colder than Dora has ever experienced.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Yes, you did take it totally wrong! - I was really trying to be encouraging (by stating that July filers were still in the "acceptable range") and being apologetic in advance (since I was one of the lucky ones to receive mine early) but that doesn't mean I couldn't be sympathetic. And, I don't know better than others who did everything on their own. I couldn't really "afford" to hire a lawyer, but I couldn't afford to take chances either by missing one detail and having to go back and redo things and have the emotional and financial expense of a delay. So, I made a conscious decision to give myself every chance at success. By mentioning my lawyers' experience, I was not trying to convey that I knew better, but to put credence behind HIS written explanation as to why there seems to be no rhyme or reason on why some get through the process faster than others. Knowledge is power - or I was hoping in this case that it would be some comfort to those who are waiting and wondering......

BTW, I reread my comment through your "filter" and I can see how it could be read incorrectly, so I won't fault you for being too "harsh", afterall you were considerate enough to couch your words with "I will give you the benefit of the doubt". Good luck.

Ps. I sent another post showing the decreasing timelines for VSC NOA2 responses (for my lawyer's clients, at least) - again to give some hope that any backlogs at VSC are getting cleared up.

I know what you mean. Our plan is to get an attorney if anything comes up. I have about a million speeding tickets and there's other stupid things that have happened with family members and friends. I'm sure I could have ran a red light in California and not gotten the ticket in the mail at least a dozen times. Who knows what the government workers will see that will raise alarms??

I couldnt find a decent immigration attorney in Utah when I started the process so I just did it myself. Good thing I did because we could have never afforded it with all the crazy expenses that have popped up!

Have you checked your status at NVC or do you know if consulate has received the petition?

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Hi guys and happy wednesday!

I'm so happy to come here and read about the new approvals, congratulations T&G and Maria&Nick!! You guys must be so relieved and thrilled all at the same time :thumbs: I can't believe how quick Maria&Nick made it to NVC, great news!

I've been bothered by NVC this week because they keep telling us to wait 2-4 weeks.. or 90 days. Such a weird time frame to use but oh well.. we all know 2-4 weeks is NOT the average waiting time so we keep on calling. Yesterday Wade called 3 times, they keep telling him it's not there and it won't be there until the magical 2-4 weeks. Then he called back later in the evening and tada - not only was it there, but already forwarded to the norwegian consulate. It's like the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing. :wacko:

Anyway, I just want to give everyone who's waiting for the NOA2 a big, big hug! Just know you guys got our support and you'll make it through this. Marie, Malaria and the rest of you - you guys show us such strength every day and I'm really impressed by you. Now we just need CSC to get off their coffee break and start sending your approvals out.

Here's for less bills in the mail, more NOA2s!!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Mr. Postman delivered only bills today!

Maybe tomorrow!!!

huge hug to take to bed with you tonight, sweetie! You too, Malarie. I'm sending out the vibes for both of you! I worked tonight and got home to our NOA2 hardcopy in the mail. :)

NOW I WANT YOURS IN YOUR MAIL!

Hmmmmm ..... Sigh ..... Just woke up and ....

Nothing ... I'm more than bummed. I'm getting worried that something is wrong with our file.

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mostly, I view all of your posts to determine where I am in theis process both in time and state of mind. Many of you folks make the time bearable for me as i see all of the happiness and frustrations and all share in one way or the other. Me...I usually add a bit here and there. I'm not much for word until sitting on the sideline gets cold.

Ok...............I finally made it...........to the precipice where sanity and insanity meet. The place where 1+1 = 0, clocks tick backwards and fruit flies are the dominant specie on this planet. 50% of us July CSCers have made it to the long awaited infamous NOA2. NOA1 dates need not apply. Some Late Julyiers = beginning of October and the Some early Juliers nothing to date.

So leaving C*** size out of the equation (see earlier angry post from our friends!) where does that leave me....A male w/out the friendship and comfort of my love for over a year....hmmmmm I did sneak a few trips to see her this past year.

I am beginning to wonder if an earlier event I had has caused some delay EVEN though i understand I am in the last thrid of the 5 month period. Last Christmas I was invited (as usual) to my friends parents for Christmas. However a family known as the Obamas were vactioning next door to my friends parents. So 2 weeks before they submitted a list of the names of family and friends who visit frequently. This was so we would all get Secret Service security checks to see if we present a national security threat. So know my mind wonders if for some reason that set up a red flag to the immi's!!! Seeing that the SS did a background check on me..hmmmm.

Or could i be i was arrested 15 years ago for not returning a video tape movie to the mom and pop rental place! They brought me to small claims court and gave the court the srong address for me so when they sent me a summons and I didnt get it or go there was a bench warrant out for my arrest! hmmmmmmm

I think the minds of the 50% left may be wandering such as mine? I put together a nice little packet and tabbed it on the bottom so even a 5th grader could understand it. It looked nice and the information presented was in good standing per the requirements of the 129F instructions.

So am I going to be one of those lingering persons who on Igor's List show a NOA1 date of one year ago too!!!!!!! You guys know the ones! Yeah maybe they never updated once they got the NOA2 but some of them are just lingering in the abyss of beaucracy!

I wrote this half in jest and half in somewhat concern.... I just hope for the rest of us 50% ers we get that NOA2 SOON! Good luck to all and I will be monitoring from the sidelines.

William

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-18

USCIS Cashes Check: 2009-07-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-23

Touch: 2009-10-19

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

RFE Reply(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-28

NVC Received : 2009-11-02

NVC Left : 2009-11-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Timeline

PS my spelling was terrible..Yeah! Its late and my fingers are not doing what I tell them too! Good luck again! Peace..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-18

USCIS Cashes Check: 2009-07-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-23

Touch: 2009-10-19

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

RFE Reply(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-28

NVC Received : 2009-11-02

NVC Left : 2009-11-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Filed: Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: I got my NOA2 Today in the Mail :dance::dance:

The NVC Letter Of Recpt already today Too!! :dance:

USCIS Website not updated!!

That SO great, T&G! Congratulations!

Now it's Malarie and Marie's turn! I'm praying for your approval, girls! :thumbs::dance:

K-1 Timeline

---------------

07/14/2009 - 1st NOA received on the mail!

10/05/2009 - 2nd NOA!

10/23/2009 - Packet 3 received

12/30/2009 - Interview -> APPROVED!

Maria flew to the US & we got married! YAY!

AOS Timeline

---------------

02/24/2010 - Package sent to USCIS Chicago P.O. Box

03/04/2010 - Check Cashed!

03/07/2010 - 1st NOA hardcopy letters received on mail.

03/24/2010 - Hardcopy received "Case transferred to CSC"

03/30/2010 - Biometrics taken

05/07/2010 - I-131 approved and received

05/24/2010 - I-765 EAD card received

August 2nd - got divorced. Maria comes back to her country.

PS my spelling was terrible..Yeah! Its late and my fingers are not doing what I tell them too! Good luck again! Peace..

Hi William, how are you doing? Besides frustrated and concerned that is!

Well I'm happy you decided to write more than a couple of lines this time around, it's always good to hear from other julyers as well and whether you post here often or not - you're going through the same concerns as everyone else is. I don't think I would worry too much about the things you mentioned, chances are they would have already given you a RFE if that was the case. I think this is the same situation Marie & the rest of you guys are faced with - the % of files who they approve around the estimated Igor timeline or - sadly enough - the ones closer to the 5 month deadline :blink:

Being apart from your one and only is far from fun, even if you visit her.. think we all agree on that. However, this is why we're all here in the first place - to do something about it and put an end to loneliness. So try to take a deep breath and squeeze out a little more patience. Get some good sleep, do something nice for yourself or get on the phone and talk to your sweety for a while. I'm sure it'll make you feel better. It will be your turn soon, just hang in there!

Oh and ahem.. don't think anyone here is too fuzzed about spelling.. my grammar and spelling can be horrible at times and I never see anyone getting ready to bash me over the head cause of it - That's what I get for not having english as my first language :devil:

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Filed: Timeline
I can't believe how quick Maria&Nick made it to NVC, great news!

I can't believe it either, Kristin! Thanks a lot for your support.

Yeah, seems like the NVC sent a bunch of cases to their respective consulate yesterday afternoon.

Now I'm trying to cheer up Malarie and Marie, as those girls need our prayers and support.

A big hug for all who is still waiting for their NOA2's.

I completely understand your frustration but... Don't break down yet! >_< (just after you are at your love ones's arms ;) )

Go CSC GO!

Edited by Maria&Nick

K-1 Timeline

---------------

07/14/2009 - 1st NOA received on the mail!

10/05/2009 - 2nd NOA!

10/23/2009 - Packet 3 received

12/30/2009 - Interview -> APPROVED!

Maria flew to the US & we got married! YAY!

AOS Timeline

---------------

02/24/2010 - Package sent to USCIS Chicago P.O. Box

03/04/2010 - Check Cashed!

03/07/2010 - 1st NOA hardcopy letters received on mail.

03/24/2010 - Hardcopy received "Case transferred to CSC"

03/30/2010 - Biometrics taken

05/07/2010 - I-131 approved and received

05/24/2010 - I-765 EAD card received

August 2nd - got divorced. Maria comes back to her country.

I can't believe it either, Kristin! Thanks a lot for your support.

Yeah, seems like the NVC sent a bunch of cases to their respective consulate yesterday afternoon.

Now I'm trying to cheer up Malarie and Marie, as those girls need our prayers and support.

A big hug for all who is still waiting for their NOA2's.

I completely understand your frustration but... Don't break down yet! >_< (just after you are at your love ones's arms ;) )

Go CSC GO!

I think you're right, and we seem to have landed in the same batch.. hmm unless your yesterday is actually two days back for me. Time zones can be SO confusing, lol, and I can't wait until I get to run the same hours as Wade does.

I'll join in on the cheerleading for the rest of the NOA2s too *shakes pom poms*

Goooo CSC!

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Timeline

Congratulations T&G and Maria & Nick! :dance: I'm so happy to see more and more approvals as July goes by. Btw, our NOA2 arrived today =)

I'm really hoping to see Marie and Malarie's NOA2 this week so we can all celebrate! You are still within Igor's timeline so nothing to worry. Cheer up! It's only the 14th, and we still have 2 weeks for July.

Have a great day everyone!

as1cA0fVM001810MDAwMDEwN2x8MDQ1MTAzNGx8V2VcJ3JlIGluIExEUiBmb3IgIA.gif

as1cEZpVM001810MDAwMTg3NHN8MDExM3N8b3VyIEsxIGpvdXJuZXkgc3RhcnRlZA.gif

Now it's Malarie and Marie's turn! I'm praying for your approval, girls! :thumbs::dance:

THANK YOU -- I will take all the prayers I can get!!!!

I'm trying to stay on the positive side ...... I am getting touched (ahhhh lol) and I have not received an RFE message yet so who knows maybe my file is like T&G's and the NOA2 will just show up?

I'm hoping this is the case and the touch from yesterday was the touch before sending to the NVC..... POSITIVE THINKING ...... POSITIVE THINKING :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Everyone Have a GREAT Day!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

I'm trying to stay on the positive side ...... I am getting touched (ahhhh lol) and I have not received an RFE message yet so who knows maybe my file is like T&G's and the NOA2 will just show up?

I'm hoping this is the case and the touch from yesterday was the touch before sending to the NVC..... POSITIVE THINKING ...... POSITIVE THINKING :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Malarie

Now that's the spirit, Malarie. I'll send lots of positive thoughts in your direction too so we can change the touching to the actual approval of your case! Heck, I'll even put on Samantha Fox with 'Touch me' to set the mood :devil: "This is the night, this is the night. This is the time we've got to get it right. Touch me, touch me - I want to feel the NOA2" YES! I am officially cracking up over the immigration process! :whistle:

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
So leaving C*** size out of the equation (see earlier angry post from our friends!) where does that leave me....A male w/out the friendship and comfort of my love for over a year....hmmmmm I did sneak a few trips to see her this past year.

Or could i be i was arrested 15 years ago for not returning a video tape movie to the mom and pop rental place! They brought me to small claims court and gave the court the srong address for me so when they sent me a summons and I didnt get it or go there was a bench warrant out for my arrest! hmmmmmmm

I think the minds of the 50% left may be wandering such as mine? I put together a nice little packet and tabbed it on the bottom so even a 5th grader could understand it. It looked nice and the information presented was in good standing per the requirements of the 129F instructions.

William

William,

I'm sure everyone's c***s are quite lovely!!! At the time of posting I was just pissed that someone came in and posted that they got their NOA2 at 66 days and then proceed to tell everyone else to remember that the process is SUPPOSE to be long. I thought that was an unfair thing to say. I have the tendancy to try and hand people a glass of STFU when I think they are being d***s. ;)

Like you I'm worried about the stupid things from the past as well. (Or is this just you making fun of me??) There was an incident that involved three cops from three different cities showing up to arrest me for smoking. That's what happens sometimes when you get pulled over in my small town. That's a fun story :), but one I hope doesn't matter to the gubberment since I was underage.

I have already gotten NOA2, but have now been told my file is being held for an undefined amount of time at NVC. This is the part where criminal issues might come up according to what I've seen on VJ. If you haven't already, refer to the threads where people with felonies and other issues are able to petition for and get their fiance(e)s here. It happens, it just sometimes takes longer.

Ok, time to start cheering for the remaining posters here to get NOA2s!! This week HAS to be good!!!

Julie

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Malarie

Maybe it will come in the mail like mine did

I called NVC today and the Package has already been sent to the Embassy!

It was sent last week

SENT NOA1 July 6,2009

Rec. NOA1 July 10,2009

Touched 10/02/2009

Recvd NOA2 10/07/2009

NVC RCVD 10/05/2009

NVC Shipped to Embassy 10/07/2009

Embassy Recvd 10/13/2009

Medical Exam 11/11/2009 Passed!!!!!!

Interview 11/12/2009 Granted Visa!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.