1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Warning: I'm about to vent :)

So - my anxiety stems from all the stories I read and hear about people who petition for a fiance from Lebanon. Continuously I see and hear that apparently I should not expect anything before 5 months. (For reasons I won't go into here)

I have seen it on similar timelines for lebanese petitions and my mother just called to confirm ....apparently one of her clients happened to have their daughter who applied for her fiance from lebanon and it took her 5 months to receive her noa2. And many other stories here and there ....

And obviously it can happen to anyone and from any country ....really it comes down to the luck of the draw and the country you are petitioning from.

That being said....it is so upsetting .......

I think you have nothing to worry about, your case looks fine. Mine is even worse. I am thinking that my case is maybe a lil bit more complicated so that's why they put it on hold first coz it bothers them. My US fiance never visited me in my home country before as I was the one who stayed in the US for two years. That's how we got to know each other. In the begining, I was there carrying J1 visa, then after that, I filed for the change of visa in US, from J1 to F1 all by myself as I was accepted to study in a university for my master degree. And, my fiance is 3 years younger than me and he is still in school and just work part time so need his father to be the co-sponsor.

even though both of us have clean background, but, the 'history' I have might delay the process.

I think i will need to wait forever. *sigh

awwww we have the age difference in common! hahaha

On another note, i think as long as the prior visa's were done properly ... i think it should all be ok!!! (But really i have no clue) Nothing ever seems to make sense.

Don't worry!!! We will get our noa2's soon...

Goodluck!! A brand new week is upon us..(After monday - ugh)

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Good Morning/Evening to my fellow July Filers :whistle:

How are you all doing? How is everyone who has passed NVC stage? How is everyone in transit to NVC? and finally how is everyone who is still waiting for their NOA2? (As you all know I fall into the last category! :angry: )

It is sunday evening (My time) and my precious will soon be receiving his wake up call (after I catch my fav show on tv) ...

I had so much planned for this weekend but did not accomplish too much!! I'm hoping I will be more productive next weekend. I found myself waiting and waiting for the weekend to end...and Just a few minutes ago, I so happily sent Jewel an msn message telling her how happy I was that a new business week was around the corner ...and a second later I realized...HOLY GUACAMOLE! IT IS A FREAKIN HOLIDAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::crying: All weekend I was so excited about this week because my VJ TIMELINE says I should anticipate AdJuDiCaTiOn between 10/12-10/21! BLAH !!! And I have to go to work and USCIS will be off at the beach somewhere enjoying and toasting to the torture they put us all through!!!!

So, I wont vent too much tonight ...Even God rested on Sunday! But I will say this ... Honestly, there are some amazing and wonderful people on this site. I am so thankful that I threw myself into this forum (I'm usually the shy type) There are people who are so willing to help and listen and provide positive feedback ...It is amazing ...And it just makes me realize ..This is what America is all about ...And this is what I love about the character of our country!!! None of us know each other - yet we are there to support each other and help whenever possible ...Isn't that just amazing?!?!

So ...With that .. I wish you all a beautiful evening (if applicable) or an amazing day! We all have a common bond/experience through this ... It is just one chapter of our lives and whenever we look back at this moment (once all is said and done) All of us will always remember these moments and how VJ and everyone here played a part in it.

I'm quite sentimental today ... :blink:

Thanks again to everyone ..and I truly hope we stick together through this (I know I can be a pain and nag too much and maybe that's why my mom settled for one child only! hahahaha) but you guys are truly the bright spot in my day!!!

I really have no clue what I would have done without our forum ...and I feel like I have bonded with so many of you :)

that's it!!! :dance:

-Marie

Yeah, I can't even call NVC tomorrow and check on my petition. Maybe after their long weekend USCIS officers will be much happier after their return and they will approve K-1's with the speed of lightning :). They will be more relaxed and ready to work since they will have a shorter week. Trying to look at the positive side about this holiday :).

Good Morning/Evening to my fellow July Filers :whistle:

How are you all doing? How is everyone who has passed NVC stage? How is everyone in transit to NVC? and finally how is everyone who is still waiting for their NOA2? (As you all know I fall into the last category! :angry: )

It is sunday evening (My time) and my precious will soon be receiving his wake up call (after I catch my fav show on tv) ...

I had so much planned for this weekend but did not accomplish too much!! I'm hoping I will be more productive next weekend. I found myself waiting and waiting for the weekend to end...and Just a few minutes ago, I so happily sent Jewel an msn message telling her how happy I was that a new business week was around the corner ...and a second later I realized...HOLY GUACAMOLE! IT IS A FREAKIN HOLIDAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::crying: All weekend I was so excited about this week because my VJ TIMELINE says I should anticipate AdJuDiCaTiOn between 10/12-10/21! BLAH !!! And I have to go to work and USCIS will be off at the beach somewhere enjoying and toasting to the torture they put us all through!!!!

So, I wont vent too much tonight ...Even God rested on Sunday! But I will say this ... Honestly, there are some amazing and wonderful people on this site. I am so thankful that I threw myself into this forum (I'm usually the shy type) There are people who are so willing to help and listen and provide positive feedback ...It is amazing ...And it just makes me realize ..This is what America is all about ...And this is what I love about the character of our country!!! None of us know each other - yet we are there to support each other and help whenever possible ...Isn't that just amazing?!?!

So ...With that .. I wish you all a beautiful evening (if applicable) or an amazing day! We all have a common bond/experience through this ... It is just one chapter of our lives and whenever we look back at this moment (once all is said and done) All of us will always remember these moments and how VJ and everyone here played a part in it.

I'm quite sentimental today ... :blink:

Thanks again to everyone ..and I truly hope we stick together through this (I know I can be a pain and nag too much and maybe that's why my mom settled for one child only! hahahaha) but you guys are truly the bright spot in my day!!!

I really have no clue what I would have done without our forum ...and I feel like I have bonded with so many of you :)

that's it!!! :dance:

-Marie

Yeah, I can't even call NVC tomorrow and check on my petition. Maybe after their long weekend USCIS officers will be much happier after their return and they will approve K-1's with the speed of lightning :). They will be more relaxed and ready to work since they will have a shorter week. Trying to look at the positive side about this holiday :).

GAH! I thought the same thing star! I wanted to call nvc tomorrow as well, but now that they have the day off i cant :wacko:

Wish I had the day off tomorrow. :angry:

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: Timeline

Hello everybody!

Today Nick received the NOA2!! :D YAAAAY!! And it says they approved the NOA on October the 5th (although NO updates on the website whatsoever).

I'M SO HAPPY!! :D

That's it.. I hope they already sent our case to NVC, so I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for your support! :D

K-1 Timeline

---------------

07/14/2009 - 1st NOA received on the mail!

10/05/2009 - 2nd NOA!

10/23/2009 - Packet 3 received

12/30/2009 - Interview -> APPROVED!

Maria flew to the US & we got married! YAY!

AOS Timeline

---------------

02/24/2010 - Package sent to USCIS Chicago P.O. Box

03/04/2010 - Check Cashed!

03/07/2010 - 1st NOA hardcopy letters received on mail.

03/24/2010 - Hardcopy received "Case transferred to CSC"

03/30/2010 - Biometrics taken

05/07/2010 - I-131 approved and received

05/24/2010 - I-765 EAD card received

August 2nd - got divorced. Maria comes back to her country.

Timeline
Hello everybody!

Today Nick received the NOA2!! :D YAAAAY!! And it says they approved the NOA on October the 5th (although NO updates on the website whatsoever).

That's it.. I hope they already sent our case to NVC, so I'll call them tomorrow.

Wooooohooo!!!! How exciting...and weird that they didn't update the website?!?!

Very cool!! Congrats you two!! :thumbs:

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hello everybody!

Congratulations, Maria! How exciting!! :dance: :dance:

I'm currently bogged down in making a "how much junk will we need to get done when he gets here, and how long will it all take" list. Social Security number, state I.D. - both of which we need for the marriage license. Which takes another 3 days. I need to not care WHEN we get married. It would solve everything. :lol:

As long as he's here, it doesn't matter when the wedding is. Right? :wacko:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline
Hello everybody!

I'm currently bogged down in making a "how much junk will we need to get done when he gets here, and how long will it all take" list. Social Security number, state I.D. - both of which we need for the marriage license. Which takes another 3 days. I need to not care WHEN we get married. It would solve everything. :lol:

I should check what CA needs ...cause I figured, mine would fly in and I would directly go to city hall to get married!!! hahahahaha (latest the next morning) Poor guy ... he isn't even going to have a moment to think or to realize that he landed in a totally foreign country, and before he even realizes it, he's at city hall saying "I do"!!!!!!!!

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Hello everybody!

I should check what CA needs ...cause I figured, mine would fly in and I would directly go to city hall to get married!!! hahahahaha (latest the next morning) Poor guy ... he isn't even going to have a moment to think or to realize that he landed in a totally foreign country, and before he even realizes it, he's at city hall saying "I do"!!!!!!!!

LMAO! Yeah, I have heard "the sooner you get married, the better" as of all the papers you need to fill for AOS.

Don't wait for too long, you have about 3 months from the moment your fiancee lands to get married.

Thanks Marie and roughsweet for your kind words!

Nick's in the process of getting the Employer letter and stuff. :)

Edited by Maria&Nick

K-1 Timeline

---------------

10/05/2009 - 2nd NOA!

AOS Timeline

---------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I know!! We thought a week would be enough to get a suit, rings. I totally forgot about this stuff. He needs an SS number and State I.D. (since he can't get a driver's license that fast), and his passport just to use as part of the I.D. they need for the marriage license!

So yeah, add in jet lag and exhaustion and adjusting to all of this, and our poor guys might need some breathing room before the ceremony, I'm thinking! I don't want to go from the airport to the social security office!! :lol:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

I'm starting this day off sending massive loads of positivity to CSC ...... Anyone want to join?

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Good news!

I called the NVC this morning and (apart from asking lots of questions) the lady said they have my papers there and my case number was available.

Yippieeeeee! I can't wait to be with Nick! (L)

Good luck to Malarie, Marie and Season! We are all looking forward for your NOA2's!

K-1 Timeline

---------------

10/05/2009 - 2nd NOA!

AOS Timeline

---------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I'm starting this day off sending massive loads of positivity to CSC ...... Anyone want to join?

Malarie

Me! I want my NOA2!

:thumbs: Me Too!! Come one CSC Let this be the week!!! :thumbs:

SENT NOA1 July 6,2009

Rec. NOA1 July 10,2009

Touched 10/02/2009

Recvd NOA2 10/07/2009

NVC RCVD 10/05/2009

NVC Shipped to Embassy 10/07/2009

Embassy Recvd 10/13/2009

Medical Exam 11/11/2009 Passed!!!!!!

Interview 11/12/2009 Granted Visa!!!

Timeline

Malarie

Me! I want my NOA2!

Yay! me too. :dance::dance: I'll join!!

Actually, my other half for the first time actually had an opinion about this process and he feels as though news may come this week!!! This is the first time that he ever said it would come (normally he says it wont ever come!!! hahaha) and this week is my fav weather locally, cold and rainy!!! so maybe this is the week for my NOA2!!!!

I'm just glad we are DONE with this 3 day weekend...

Have a great day everyone!!!! :whistle:

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Malarie

Me! I want my NOA2!

Yay! me too. :dance::dance: I'll join!!

Actually, my other half for the first time actually had an opinion about this process and he feels as though news may come this week!!! This is the first time that he ever said it would come (normally he says it wont ever come!!! hahaha) and this week is my fav weather locally, cold and rainy!!! so maybe this is the week for my NOA2!!!!

I'm just glad we are DONE with this 3 day weekend...

Have a great day everyone!!!! :whistle:

Move to seattle you get that weather all winter! :P

Hoping to see the rest of our group with approvals this week! Positive energy out to all of you!

~hugs! :wub:

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.