1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I missed a day on VJ and I feel like I missed out on so much. JewelX I really wanted to congratulate you on the day you got your approval. But, I guess better late then never. Anyways, this is for you (F):) . I have not even had a chance to call NVC this week, because of my workload and deadlines. I am definitely not going to miss out tomorrow. Those of you still waiting hang in there it will come when you least expect it.

I heard its hard getting through NVC I am going to try to call during my lunch break tomorrow. How is everybody doing with Packet 3 preparations? I was able to download the forms from the website and I emailed the info to my fiance. He has them right now and is going to send them out by next week assuming that the consulate has the file.

I missed you guys yesterday!!!

:star:

Thank you Star!! I'm also dealing with Q3 accruals and such. Today was some big deadlines. Tomorrow will be catching up on my normal work.

I will try to remember to call NVC Friday afternoon. It will be interesting to see if they received the application. My fiance is super stressed from work and I am starting to wonder if I should be filling out all of the forms for him. *grumble* :no: I believe he's ordered his police cert although he hasn't said he's gotten it in the mail yet. The next week will be busy.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was me I would have one anyways. Its always better to have to much proof or info than to not have enough!

Oh yeah and as for being in the Bug the ####### out of NVC club, I think I win a brownie button! Lol called them twice in one day, and this morning our case wasnt there and this afternoon it was!!!!! Just got off the phone with them, took care of Damos change of address!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Woot woot, congratulations on getting to the NVC! You guys are getting so close! Medical and interview left.. and then the awesome POE :dance: I am so excited for you!!

So im thinking alot about the affidavit of support.. I posted a question on the mena forum about the support papers.. We are going through the consulate in casablanca.. Alot of people are telling me that they dont require an I-134? That they gave the I-134 to their fiance and they never asked for it during the interview, even when asked if they need it, they said no.. Yet my fiance says that he knows many people who got denied bc they didnt have it... I find it extremely odd that they say you dont need it then deny you for not having it.. What do you guys think?

One of my favourite quotes from the user Gary and Alla in here is "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" and this is what I keep in mind at all times. I would never go to the consulate without having the I-134 plus supporting documents on hand. Although it is true, technically you don't need the financial information now, not until the I-184, but they have been known to ask people for it and I would hate to be in a position where I can not show someone what they ask for. I'd bring it with me if I was you, it's better to be safe than sorry, especially in this case. :blush:

Hopefully we'll see more NOA2s today! :star:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Called NVC this morning and our packet is there too, arrived yesterday as well. I don't know but for me they are very nice at NVC. I talked to the lady a bit and she was extremely helpful. She said they are there from 7am until Midnight, that their processing time is "2 to 4 weeks" but it can be done in just a few days. She said they send packages to the Embassies every day and I should call "whenever you have time" to check if its been forwarded. I told her I'm so anxious I'd call every day, she said "then call every day" :) Now thats service :D

I hope the Embassy in Moscow is as friendly :D I can say from my experience with the Embassy in Frankfurt, they are very nice/helpful.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-02

Pkg Rec. By NVC : 2009-10-07

Pkg Left NVC : 2009-10-09

Rec by Moscow : 2009-10-13

Packet 3 Sent : Never Received

Interview Date : 2009-11-20 PASS!

POE : 2009-11-29

WEDDING : 2009-12-26!

Called NVC this morning and our packet is there too, arrived yesterday as well. I don't know but for me they are very nice at NVC. I talked to the lady a bit and she was extremely helpful. She said they are there from 7am until Midnight, that their processing time is "2 to 4 weeks" but it can be done in just a few days. She said they send packages to the Embassies every day and I should call "whenever you have time" to check if its been forwarded. I told her I'm so anxious I'd call every day, she said "then call every day" :) Now thats service :D

I hope the Embassy in Moscow is as friendly :D I can say from my experience with the Embassy in Frankfurt, they are very nice/helpful.

Hmm.. in that case, I think we'd like to talk to this lady you spoke to as well :whistle: Wade called them up again and same story.. no case, no service. He asked her a question and apparently she started talking -really- slow to him as if assuming he would fail to understand any reply given. Oh well.. tomorrow is another day, so back to bugging them. One last chance before the weekend :devil: Congrats on getting to NVC though, I am super happy for you guys!!!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Yay Lovewaits that awesome! Grats on NVC receipt.

Now I'll tell you my funny story when I called them.

I was expected them to say they hadnt received it yet when she asked what Damos date of birth was and his name, then my date of birth and my name. Told me my phone number to make sure it was right, and she confirmed my email address as well, asked me if Damo had an email I would like to add so we can know when it leaves for the Consulate. So I said thanks, and that I needed to do a change of address for Damo.....told her the new address....and she goes,"So is he still going to be residing in Austria?" :blink: my reply, " Yes, he is not moving out of Australia, just across town." She was like, " Wait, he lives in Australia? We have Austria as his country of residence." Ok this was freak out time for me, when you feel that white hot fear. So I told her that I had my I-129f right in front of me and we had correctly put the country as Australia, that it was probably a typo on the USCIS' end. She goes, hang on let me check.......I wait on hold, freaking out. Comes back and rechecks my NVC number, yes it did start with a SYD which is Australia consulate......hang on again please.....puts me back on hold (still freaking). Comes back and is like, "Wow this is one of the times that it is good a fiance moved, cause we might have missed this and the consulate would have sent it back to us. Ok all fixed!." lol she was laughing at how two little letters from someone typing to fast could have delayed our case *insert my nervous laughter here*. :oops: I told Damo, that he save the day! lol.

That was such a nerve racking conversation.. but its all fixed now. :ranting:

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline
*insert my nervous laughter here*. :oops: I told Damo, that he save the day! lol.

OMG that is awesome!!! Note to self, make sure they are sending to correct consulate :D I wish that the UK embassy in Edinburgh was doing this app. Instead he has to go about 400 miles to London for it.

I guess 400 miles is a BIG deal when it's not US miles???

*insert my nervous laughter here*. :oops: I told Damo, that he save the day! lol.

OMG that is awesome!!! Note to self, make sure they are sending to correct consulate :D I wish that the UK embassy in Edinburgh was doing this app. Instead he has to go about 400 miles to London for it.

Yeah, I wish the embassy in Melbourne did them, but we have to fly to Sydney for our interview. So I get to spend 20 hours on a plane, rest for 2 days then fly to Sydney, do interview, fly back to Melbourne. rest for about a week, then its another 20 hour flight home. ugh. Always messes me up, takes me two days to get there, I usually leave on wednesday to get there on friday, then fly home on Sunday, flights usually leave Melbourne at 10:30 am and land in LA at like 9:15 am on the same day. Talk about jet lag, and they say time travel isnt possible lol.

When I took my first trip to see Damo, we went on a mini vacation down to see the 12 apostles. He told me how far it was and I was like, omg that is going to take us forever to drive there. lol, I wasnt thinking in Kilometers i was thinking in miles. Its like 1.6 kilometers to 1 mile. Then last night he started complaining on how he is going to have to learn the inches and miles conversion. How its not accurate that its just stupid, :rolleyes: always something. haha.

Edited by lyekka

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I wish the embassy in Melbourne did them, but we have to fly to Sydney for our interview. So I get to spend 20 hours on a plane, rest for 2 days then fly to Sydney, do interview, fly back to Melbourne. rest for about a week, then its another 20 hour flight home. ugh. Always messes me up, takes me two days to get there, I usually leave on wednesday to get there on friday, then fly home on Sunday, flights usually leave Melbourne at 10:30 am and land in LA at like 9:15 am on the same day. Talk about jet lag, and they say time travel isnt possible lol.

When I took my first trip to see Damo, we went on a mini vacation down to see the 12 apostles. He told me how far it was and I was like, omg that is going to take us forever to drive there. lol, I wasnt thinking in Kilometers i was thinking in miles. Its like 1.6 kilometers to 1 mile. Then last night he started complaining on how he is going to have to learn the inches and miles conversion. How its not accurate that its just stupid, :rolleyes: always something. haha.

Haha! I hear you on converting from metric to imperial systems :) Adam is constantly giving me a hard time about how silly our system of measurement is and how metric "just makes sense" :P It took me a little while in the beginning to talk about weather on a celsius level. He'd say it's 23 degrees and I'd be thinking "BRRRR!!!", when really that's 73 degrees which is quite pleasant :)

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

:ot: Do any of you guys have a facebook profile? Would love to add yall!

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline
:ot: Do any of you guys have a facebook profile? Would love to add yall!

I am addicted to Facebook. I will add you if you pm me.

I got a touch today!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOO ...... I hope this means NOA2 ... crossing fingers CROSSING FINGERS CROSSING FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

I got a touch today!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOO ...... I hope this means NOA2 ... crossing fingers CROSSING FINGERS CROSSING FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Seeing that updated date is a nice feeling!

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

YAY! I hope we hear good news tomorrow and Saturday.

Right now we are waiting for NOA2s for

Malarie

M & F

roughsweet

bv2116

T&G

and a few others??

Those of us that have NOA2s already can send positive vibes to the ones still waiting while we are getting our paperwork together. Speak up if your name is not on that list and you would like it to be.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i'm still waiting wishing hoping .... :unsure:

A birdie told me to expect mine on friday ...and that she was going to work her magic for friday but who knows! I have to believe!!!! :innocent:

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

YAY! I hope we hear good news tomorrow and Saturday.

Right now we are waiting for NOA2s for

Malarie

M & F

roughsweet

bv2116

T&G

and a few others??

Those of us that have NOA2s already can send positive vibes to the ones still waiting while we are getting our paperwork together. Speak up if your name is not on that list and you would like it to be.

Accepting any and all positive vibes as well as sending some out for all that are waiting (especially the cases that appear to have been passed by -- in the earlier months of this year .... I feel for those couples!!!)

Thank you!!!!

Mal

:dance::dance::dance: (I feel the need to dance so ..... I'm DANCIN")

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.