1,945 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! Im now down under with my sweety, well he is at work at the moment, but thats ok i get to see him this afternoon hehe. I landed yesterday, and got tons of cuddles. So I'm getting spoiled for the next two weeks, they say i have to rest the whole time, but I think I might walk up and buy some groceries and have dinner ready for him when he gets home ;). The flight was horrendous, took me 25 hours to get here, so jetlag is ####### lol. Just wanted to drop in and say hi, and let you guys know I got here safe.

Hugs!

Jules

YAY YAY YAY - you're finally with him! I am super happy for you guys! Sorry to hear about your jetlag but I bet it's worth it to be with him. Just one more flight home and then you don't have to deal with that anymore. It'll be you two - always :D I'm so glad to hear from you, I thought for sure we wouldn't hear anything for a while. Just make sure you enjoy yourself, stock up on those cuddles for sure! :wub:

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
hey all!

did you guys receive 2 NOA2s? when i checked my mail today, i received 2 NOA2s from USCIS in 2 separate envelopes..

its I-797 and I-797C.. they are completely similar.. do you guys think it's just a copy? just wondering..

and also, do you send the ORIGINAL NOA2 to your love one or a copy of it?

thanks!

Same thing happened to me, too. Weird. I think should be fine. hmm, don't know. yeah, ORIGINAL copy need to be sent to your beloved one, but need to make a copy n keep it urself. Now, I think maybe we don't need to make another copy since we were given 2?!

Season

i didn't even think we needed to send the original noa2 to the fiance for the embassy?

i thought we keep the original for the aos.

:unsure:

Actually - i got a copy in the mail and attorney got the original.

So now that i'm doing the rest of the journey without an attorney - I thought I should have the attorney send me the original and I can send the official copy to fiance.

I have been working on typing all the forms this weekend ..no fun! but at the same time kind of fun bc it means we are closer to being together!!!!

Hey there,

I did exactly the same :). As soon as I got the NOA2 me and my fiance did everything ourselves. I just sent over my affidavit of support to them to review and they were just copies. They did not have any corrections. Actually, as soon as he got his approval letter from me he started getting his PCC together as it takes forever here to get it. But, now we have everything, just praying for the best news :).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

So I have just checked through VJ website and looked at the sample of NOA2 copy. I compare with mine and I have spotted the difference. The rest of the copy is more or less the same but mine was written with another paragraph at the page, saying : " the above peition has been approved and has been forwarded to the listed consular. Please contact the consular with any visa issuance, or if you like them to forward it to a different consulate..."

I wonder what this means? So they have changed the pattern of NOA2? When I was reading from the sample of NOA2 here, it stated that case being forwarded to NVC, not consular, but the one I received stated that case being sent to consular, rather than NVC. It might be a lil bit stupid to ask this, but I just want to make sure that things are alright. How about yours NOA2?

Please advise, thanks!

Season.

Timeline
So I have just checked through VJ website and looked at the sample of NOA2 copy. I compare with mine and I have spotted the difference. The rest of the copy is more or less the same but mine was written with another paragraph at the page, saying : " the above peition has been approved and has been forwarded to the listed consular. Please contact the consular with any visa issuance, or if you like them to forward it to a different consulate..."

I wonder what this means? So they have changed the pattern of NOA2? When I was reading from the sample of NOA2 here, it stated that case being forwarded to NVC, not consular, but the one I received stated that case being sent to consular, rather than NVC. It might be a lil bit stupid to ask this, but I just want to make sure that things are alright. How about yours NOA2?

Please advise, thanks!

Season.

That was the same verbage used on mine. Don't worry about it that is the legitimate one. I guess the sample one may be old.

Oh my gosh next Sunday evening I will know the results from his interview. I am so nervous about all this. I hope I can remain calm until then.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Star ...is that surreal or what!!! You are right ...next sunday night will be another crazy night in this crazy journey! Wish you both the best!!

I still am living on the high of getting my noa2!!! I haven't logged on to USCIS.GOV for a few days and it feels great!!!!

I hope to hear how it goes...I'm sure you will tell us allllllllll about it!!!! :thumbs:

Please advise, thanks!

Season.

That was the same verbage used on mine. Don't worry about it that is the legitimate one. I guess the sample one may be old.

Oh my gosh next Sunday evening I will know the results from his interview. I am so nervous about all this. I hope I can remain calm until then.

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm right there with you, Star. and crazy nerves. I'll be sending you good thoughts. :star:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline

M and F - Thank you and wishing you a speedy journey as well. You got the most important thing out of the way, and now it should be a breeze.

roughsweet - Thank you and wishing you all the best as well :) Your interview is in just 5 days. It will be fine I am sure of it, we just have to keep thinking happy thoughts.

Edited by Starlight95

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

thanks Star for your advise. Good luck! :)

I am wondering about the certification and notirization stuff. Checked through the forums and everybody have different says. So, for the copies of documents that I am going to send in or bring for interview with embassy, do I need to certify them piece by piece, to prove that those are true copies? Like those pages of passport, my previous visa records, proofs n what not.

How about the copies of sponsor tax return and I-134 forms? need to be notorized if they are just some photocopies documents? or we have to hand in Only original documents.

I am sorry but I am trying to prepare for the next step.

thanks all!

Timeline
thanks Star for your advise. Good luck! :)

I am wondering about the certification and notirization stuff. Checked through the forums and everybody have different says. So, for the copies of documents that I am going to send in or bring for interview with embassy, do I need to certify them piece by piece, to prove that those are true copies? Like those pages of passport, my previous visa records, proofs n what not.

How about the copies of sponsor tax return and I-134 forms? need to be notorized if they are just some photocopies documents? or we have to hand in Only original documents.

I am sorry but I am trying to prepare for the next step.

thanks all!

No the new 1-134 form does not require it to be notarized. The only thing you can get notarized and it is good is just a statement from your family member knowing about you relationship. Other then that I did not notarize anything and I double checked with a lot of experts and VJ :).

Star

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
M and F - Thank you and wishing you a speedy journey as well. You got the most important thing out of the way, and now it should be a breeze.

roughsweet - Thank you and wishing you all the best as well :) Your interview is in just 5 days. It will be fine I am sure of it, we just have to keep thinking happy thoughts.

Congrats to M and F and best wishes for Star and roughsweet on the interviews. I'm hoping everyone at CSC got all rested up on their long weekend and is ready to crank out some more approvals. (mine included lol)

Steve

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Congrats to M and F and best wishes for Star and roughsweet on the interviews. I'm hoping everyone at CSC got all rested up on their long weekend and is ready to crank out some more approvals. (mine included lol)

Steve

I hope you get your NOA2 this week also!! Have you call USCIS to see if it's been approved? How odd that it is so delayed. Germany seems like it would be a simple country to approve. There's no translated documents needed until the actual interview, right?

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

Steve

I hope you get your NOA2 this week also!! Have you call USCIS to see if it's been approved? How odd that it is so delayed. Germany seems like it would be a simple country to approve. There's no translated documents needed until the actual interview, right?

I don't know what the delay is. When I check online it says I got my NOA1 on July 23rd. My congressman's immigration caseworker contacted them about 3 weeks ago and he was given the response that we are still under the 5 month processing time. The really frustrating part is that Marina was approved in May on an I130 sibling visa but the processing time for that visa is about 4 or 5 years out.

Timeline

Steve

Steve - I hope you get some news fast. I'm sorry it is taking so long. I know it must be totally frustrating. Maybe with the new month you will get good news?? I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

:(

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Timeline

Steve

Steve - I hope you get some news fast. I'm sorry it is taking so long. I know it must be totally frustrating. Maybe with the new month you will get good news?? I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner. It looks like if my processing time is the same as yours it should be any day.

Thanks to all for the support.

Timeline

Are you at 4 months and 3 days? Let's hope that's the case!!! :) My congressman got the same letter back (i.e. within 5 months processing time ...and within 1 day of that letter i got the NOA2) so i'm hopeful you will get yours any day as well!! :) I also bugged my congressman on a weekly basis --sometimes 2 times in one week :innocent:

I'll be waiting to hear some great news from you this week.

Whine all you want ..everyone in here is used to it from me :) They handled me great ...so don't worry about it!! That's what we are here for. Support :)

Steve

I don't mean to sound like a whiner. It looks like if my processing time is the same as yours it should be any day.

Thanks to all for the support.

Interview:

AOS Journey:

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.