1,945 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey all!

did you guys receive 2 NOA2s? when i checked my mail today, i received 2 NOA2s from USCIS in 2 separate envelopes..

its I-797 and I-797C.. they are completely similar.. do you guys think it's just a copy? just wondering..

and also, do you send the ORIGINAL NOA2 to your love one or a copy of it?

thanks!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all! Congrats to everyone that is making so much progress! It's so nice to see!

sooo.... just wondering whether im worrying over nothing but I sent my packet 3 off around 10th Nov and still heard nothing back for interview.. I noticed a few have got their date after a few days!?

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
hey all! Congrats to everyone that is making so much progress! It's so nice to see!

sooo.... just wondering whether im worrying over nothing but I sent my packet 3 off around 10th Nov and still heard nothing back for interview.. I noticed a few have got their date after a few days!?

That's because London #(*(# seanyb. They haven't scheduled a VJ K1 since Nov 13th and before that it was Oct 13th.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

That's because London #(*(# seanyb. They haven't scheduled a VJ K1 since Nov 13th and before that it was Oct 13th.

ahhh ok.. well that makes me feel a little better! they need a kick up the bum then! :-)

event.png

ahhh ok.. well that makes me feel a little better! they need a kick up the bum then! :-)

I was just speaking to someone else dealing with London, who also mentioned how slow they are. I wouldn't worry too much about there being anything wrong, although I would probably be impatient as heck if it was me :whistle:

So guys! I was thinking of New Years celebration this year. Can anyone enlighten me how the kids spend the holiday in the US? In Norway we have big events and lots of stuff for the kids to do, but it seems to me the US don't have any of these traditions. What's the kids up to during New Years Eve? I am helpless.. clueless.. lol :blush:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

Timeline
So guys! I was thinking of New Years celebration this year. Can anyone enlighten me how the kids spend the holiday in the US? In Norway we have big events and lots of stuff for the kids to do, but it seems to me the US don't have any of these traditions. What's the kids up to during New Years Eve? I am helpless.. clueless.. lol :blush:

All the adults go out and party. Then they drive home drunk. ;)

So to keep the kids off the road I usually will let the cousins sleep over and provide movies, sparkling non-alc cider, and NOISEMAKERS!!! Here we can also light off the very small fireworks. But fireworks seem like too much trouble most the time.

All the adults go out and party. Then they drive home drunk. ;)

So to keep the kids off the road I usually will let the cousins sleep over and provide movies, sparkling non-alc cider, and NOISEMAKERS!!! Here we can also light off the very small fireworks. But fireworks seem like too much trouble most the time.

*faint* Really? That's pretty much like Wade told me.. and I hate to have to tell him he was right, LOL! I was hoping to find some secret part of the child culture in the US that he's missed, haha. So.. nothing for the kids except for what you create yourself. Hm.. that'll be something for my oldest one to adjust to, that's for sure. Thanks for the reply, I was thinking Wade was clueless too :devil:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yeah, I was reading the UK thread today, Julie, looks like another list of people waiting, just like there was mid-month! What the he!! is their problem?? I don't ever remember them giving interview dates in bunches before, they gave them to the individual couple whenever they were ready, it seems. It's just like what the service centers have started doing. Approving a bunch of K1's, then moving on to a bunch of K3's etc.

Whatever it is... IT'S DUMB!

But when we got ours their was a group of about 5 or 6 of us that had all been told we were "eligible" like you all are now. So I'm hoping it'll be any day now for another bunch of you!!

Fingers Crossed for an early Christmas present of good news for you very soon!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline
*faint* Really? That's pretty much like Wade told me.. and I hate to have to tell him he was right, LOL! I was hoping to find some secret part of the child culture in the US that he's missed, haha. So.. nothing for the kids except for what you create yourself. Hm.. that'll be something for my oldest one to adjust to, that's for sure. Thanks for the reply, I was thinking Wade was clueless too :devil:

Well, in SLC there IS a few TV stations that will hold events outside with music and street performers. Ten years ago a crazy group I was in did fire dancing and a skit. There were kids there. But that was before I had my son.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but it's just way too dangerous to be on the roads during holidays in the US.

Aw, I am so used to doing family events for New Years. I tried a little research for the area where I'll be living, but so far no luck. A rose parade like Star mentioned - or pretty much anything! - would be great. Although I don't want to be out and about if it might not be safe. Oh well.. I guess it's just another thing I will need to adjust to :innocent:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
hey all!

did you guys receive 2 NOA2s? when i checked my mail today, i received 2 NOA2s from USCIS in 2 separate envelopes..

its I-797 and I-797C.. they are completely similar.. do you guys think it's just a copy? just wondering..

thanks!

Same thing happened to me, too. Weird. I think should be fine. hmm, don't know. yeah, ORIGINAL copy need to be sent to your beloved one, but need to make a copy n keep it urself. Now, I think maybe we don't need to make another copy since we were given 2?!

Season

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
hey all!

thanks!

Same thing happened to me, too. Weird. I think should be fine. hmm, don't know. yeah, ORIGINAL copy need to be sent to your beloved one, but need to make a copy n keep it urself. Now, I think maybe we don't need to make another copy since we were given 2?!

Season

i didn't even think we needed to send the original noa2 to the fiance for the embassy?

i thought we keep the original for the aos.

:unsure:

Actually - i got a copy in the mail and attorney got the original.

So now that i'm doing the rest of the journey without an attorney - I thought I should have the attorney send me the original and I can send the official copy to fiance.

I have been working on typing all the forms this weekend ..no fun! but at the same time kind of fun bc it means we are closer to being together!!!!

Edited by M and F

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

i didn't even think we needed to send the original noa2 to the fiance for the embassy?

i thought we keep the original for the aos.

:unsure:

Actually - i got a copy in the mail and attorney got the original.

So now that i'm doing the rest of the journey without an attorney - I thought I should have the attorney send me the original and I can send the official copy to fiance.

I have been working on typing all the forms this weekend ..no fun! but at the same time kind of fun bc it means we are closer to being together!!!!

Well it says in the guides to mail the NOA2 to your fiance, for him to bring it with him to the interview. I had our NOA2 with me, but it was never asked for.. so I'm taking it with me to the US for our AOS. I think I'd want a copy with me to the interview though, better safe than sorry, don't you think? :star:

Oh and I hear you on the forms.. they're NO fun at all. It's all worth it in the end though, one step closer to being with him :luv:

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Hey everyone! Im now down under with my sweety, well he is at work at the moment, but thats ok i get to see him this afternoon hehe. I landed yesterday, and got tons of cuddles. So I'm getting spoiled for the next two weeks, they say i have to rest the whole time, but I think I might walk up and buy some groceries and have dinner ready for him when he gets home ;). The flight was horrendous, took me 25 hours to get here, so jetlag is ####### lol. Just wanted to drop in and say hi, and let you guys know I got here safe.

Hugs!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.