1,945 posts in this topic

KRISTIN!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Congrats!!!!! sooooo happy!!!!

I would love to hear the kinds of questions they asked!!! :)

BUT CONGRATULATIONS! so excited for both of you...actually 3 of you!!! :thumbs:

Thank you, Marie :D Needless to say I am incredible happy about it, we all are!

They didn't ask any questions about us being engaged or wedding plans, not even anything about our relationship - even though this visa is all about marriage. Instead they asked: - When we met? -If the online site we met on was a dating site? After telling her it was not a dating site, but a gaming site, she continued to ask me if it was a traditional dating site.. go figure :whistle: Eventually she let it go and asked me where (not when) we met in person for the first time. If he's been married before? (I had already given the divorce decree, so obviously ;) ) If he got any other children 'anywhere' beside our son? His daughter's age? The city she lives in? If she lives with his ex-wife? If we plan on continuing the parenting plan regarding having her every other week? What year our son was born in? If I plan on working? My education? Why he's been here more often than I've been in the US? The officer continued to ask about the 'unbalance' in visits to Norway vs visits to the US for a little while. Why none of his relatives never have visited in Norway? How many times he's been in Norway? Where he stays during his visits here? When I plan to move to the US if the visa is granted?

Suddenly, in between all the questions and out of context she asked me 'Who's "John"?' Seeing how Wade still got until after the summer to finish his degree in college, we're using a co-sponsor and "John" is the name of the co-sponsor. I thought it was odd to ask about him in the middle of talking about Wade's travels here, and she never asked me who the co-sponsor is, my relation to this person or even used his full name. Only the sudden question of 'Who's John?' So I explained who he was and his relation to Wade, and then she dropped it and went on to asking about why we waited so long to do this process. It was obviously a subject of interest seeing how she went on asking about it for a while.

I think that was about it, and the whole thing took about 20 minutes or so. She also told me not to open the closed envelope they'll be sending me. She explained to me how it's marked with 'Do not open' all over the thing, yet some people still open it :devil: The officer also said to make sure I leave about 3 hours for immigration if my POE will be in any other city but Seattle seeing how I should leave enough time to get to my connecting flight.

So how's your case moving along? Is your fiance getting nervous/anxious/excited about his upcoming medical and interview? It can't be that far away :thumbs:

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulation Kristin :)

Thank you Zahid, I'm hoping your medical and interview will go well!

Did you manage to find a solution to your earlier problem with the short time limit?

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Kristin!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG yayayayayayyayy!!!!!!!! This is what I get for cooking last night and this morning, I missed all the good news as soon as it broke lol! I cant wait for you to be here! My daughter Emma started cheering when I told her about your approval, she said, yay I'm gonna have new friends to play with lol. Oh I'm so happy for you two!

We are still waiting on Damo's medical results, but as soon as they are in hand we can send p3 back, ugh. Hopefully he will get them today, but there is no hope for me being at the interview. Oh well, atleast I get to see him for two weeks. I fly out tomorrow, so there will be a posting black out for me atleast for 3 days hehehe. I cant believe I get to see him on saturday! Stupid thing is it actually only hit me today that I'm leaving tomorrow. I havent packed a thing yet :wacko: .

Anyways, Congrats X's a million! (L) (L) (L)

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Kristin!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG yayayayayayyayy!!!!!!!! This is what I get for cooking last night and this morning, I missed all the good news as soon as it broke lol! I cant wait for you to be here! My daughter Emma started cheering when I told her about your approval, she said, yay I'm gonna have new friends to play with lol. Oh I'm so happy for you two!

We are still waiting on Damo's medical results, but as soon as they are in hand we can send p3 back, ugh. Hopefully he will get them today, but there is no hope for me being at the interview. Oh well, atleast I get to see him for two weeks. I fly out tomorrow, so there will be a posting black out for me atleast for 3 days hehehe. I cant believe I get to see him on saturday! Stupid thing is it actually only hit me today that I'm leaving tomorrow. I havent packed a thing yet :wacko: .

Jules

Have a safe journey! Don't worry about not being at the interview just make sure you give him your stubs on your boarding passes before you come home. This will be good evidence for him to show at the interview :). I am glad you will be able to see him soon! :D

Happy Turkey Day to all my July 09 family! :dancing:

Timeline
KRISTIN!!!!!!!!!

They didn't ask any questions about us being engaged or wedding plans, not even anything about our relationship - even though this visa is all about marriage. Instead they asked: - When we met? -If the online site we met on was a dating site? After telling her it was not a dating site, but a gaming site, she continued to ask me if it was a traditional dating site.. go figure :whistle: Eventually she let it go and asked me where (not when) we met in person for the first time. If he's been married before? (I had already given the divorce decree, so obviously ;) ) If he got any other children 'anywhere' beside our son? His daughter's age? The city she lives in? If she lives with his ex-wife? If we plan on continuing the parenting plan regarding having her every other week? What year our son was born in? If I plan on working? My education? Why he's been here more often than I've been in the US? The officer continued to ask about the 'unbalance' in visits to Norway vs visits to the US for a little while. Why none of his relatives never have visited in Norway? How many times he's been in Norway? Where he stays during his visits here? When I plan to move to the US if the visa is granted?

Suddenly, in between all the questions and out of context she asked me 'Who's "John"?' Seeing how Wade still got until after the summer to finish his degree in college, we're using a co-sponsor and "John" is the name of the co-sponsor. I thought it was odd to ask about him in the middle of talking about Wade's travels here, and she never asked me who the co-sponsor is, my relation to this person or even used his full name. Only the sudden question of 'Who's John?' So I explained who he was and his relation to Wade, and then she dropped it and went on to asking about why we waited so long to do this process. It was obviously a subject of interest seeing how she went on asking about it for a while.

I think that was about it, and the whole thing took about 20 minutes or so. She also told me not to open the closed envelope they'll be sending me. She explained to me how it's marked with 'Do not open' all over the thing, yet some people still open it :devil: The officer also said to make sure I leave about 3 hours for immigration if my POE will be in any other city but Seattle seeing how I should leave enough time to get to my connecting flight.

So how's your case moving along? Is your fiance getting nervous/anxious/excited about his upcoming medical and interview? It can't be that far away :thumbs:

Congrats! I am glad it went smoothly. It's strange that they never ask the questions that we are expecting. Pretty soon you will have your visa in your hand and you will be here. Yay!!!!!!!!

(F) (F)

Jules

Ohh I know, I know! I don't blame you for being busy cooking, you got the big day to prepare for. We don't celebrate it here but I sure know what it's like to prepare for stuff like that so I can only imagine how you must have your hands full! Emma is too sweet, really, I can't wait to meet all of you guys. It's still weird to me how we got kids in the exact same age range, I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun together. I know we will!! Wade's daughter would love to have some girls to play with seeing how I only got the boys here :devil:

I'll be thinking of you guys when you fly out to see Damo, you must be so excited to finally be with him again! Tell him I said hi from Norway - soon Seattle, whoo hoo! Time for you to start packing :D Have a safe flight to Australia!

Congrats! I am glad it went smoothly. It's strange that they never ask the questions that we are expecting. Pretty soon you will have your visa in your hand and you will be here. Yay!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Star! I still have to pinch myself to realize it's all done and I can only lean back and wait for the visa to show up. I can't wait to see Wade again and start our future together. How's everything with you and your fiancè? (L)

Ohh and Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone!

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Timeline

Jules

Ohh I know, I know! I don't blame you for being busy cooking, you got the big day to prepare for. We don't celebrate it here but I sure know what it's like to prepare for stuff like that so I can only imagine how you must have your hands full! Emma is too sweet, really, I can't wait to meet all of you guys. It's still weird to me how we got kids in the exact same age range, I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun together. I know we will!! Wade's daughter would love to have some girls to play with seeing how I only got the boys here :devil:

I'll be thinking of you guys when you fly out to see Damo, you must be so excited to finally be with him again! Tell him I said hi from Norway - soon Seattle, whoo hoo! Time for you to start packing :D Have a safe flight to Australia!

Thank you, Star! I still have to pinch myself to realize it's all done and I can only lean back and wait for the visa to show up. I can't wait to see Wade again and start our future together. How's everything with you and your fiancè? (L)

Ohh and Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone!

Everything is going great and we are both so excited, but he is a bit nervous about the interview :)! We submitted all the documents as our consulate requires us to do tha before the interview and now just waiting for the big day. I am sure he will do fine, but the waiting for the big day is so difficult. I don't want to get over confident about it either. Its so hard, but trying to stay calm and positive. I just want him to be here soon!

Everything is going great and we are both so excited, but he is a bit nervous about the interview :)! We submitted all the documents as our consulate requires us to do tha before the interview and now just waiting for the big day. I am sure he will do fine, but the waiting for the big day is so difficult. I don't want to get over confident about it either. Its so hard, but trying to stay calm and positive. I just want him to be here soon!

Oh I know exactly what you mean, Star. I had a good feeling about our case, yet I didn't want to assume we'd get the visa just like that. I always tell myself it's better to be pleasant surprised rather than ending up completely disappointed. Having that said, I'm sure he will do fine! You both have waited so long now, and I am sure you're over prepared for the big day! In a couple of weeks you'll know for sure, I bet the days are going by real slow at this point :D Any plans of when he will relocate to the US? Yes - I am curious, lol!

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Timeline

Oh I know exactly what you mean, Star. I had a good feeling about our case, yet I didn't want to assume we'd get the visa just like that. I always tell myself it's better to be pleasant surprised rather than ending up completely disappointed. Having that said, I'm sure he will do fine! You both have waited so long now, and I am sure you're over prepared for the big day! In a couple of weeks you'll know for sure, I bet the days are going by real slow at this point :D Any plans of when he will relocate to the US? Yes - I am curious, lol!

Thank you :) I feel a bit more positive about it now. He is planning on coming in early January as its hard to get the tickets during the holidays. I wish he would come sooner, but I waited this long I guess one more month would not hurt. We are hoping to have our wedding end of January or first week of February. Have not booked anything yet, but just inquried about prices.

Yes, the days are going so slow. I don't know how I am going to survive until Dec. 7th :lol:

Timeline

I know if I start doing some major planning and preparation, and something happens then I will be very disappointed. So, just as you said I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. He is so confident, and I am not :lol:. Either they will ask him so many questions, or may not even ask him that many at all. I just have to be patient.

Timeline
Congratulation Kristin :)

Thank you Zahid, I'm hoping your medical and interview will go well!

Did you manage to find a solution to your earlier problem with the short time limit?

We tried to reschedule our interview date but that dint happened and now we both have decided we will go for it. My medical is on 30 Nov and m flying to delhi on 29 Nov afternoon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I know if I start doing some major planning and preparation, and something happens then I will be very disappointed. So, just as you said I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. He is so confident, and I am not :lol: . Either they will ask him so many questions, or may not even ask him that many at all. I just have to be patient.

Yay, I'm so glad to hear everyone is so close!!! LoveWaits has his bride fly in this weekend, Right??

As for interview questions.. I hope they make Dave sweat and ask him a bazillion questions. :D And I'm saying that because I think he is reading my posts on VJ. Muhahahah. :rofl:

I hope they ask him questions about polygamists and mormons since I'm from a small town in Utah and they are quite plentiful here. He best be catching up on the Big Love series on HBO. :rofl::rofl: Ohh how the turkey has made me feel silly!!!!!!!

Love you all, have a great weekend!!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
KRISTIN!!!!!!!!!

Kristin,

I am truly thrilled for you. I can only imagine what you felt like during the interview. Thank you for sharing the questions with us. I think that will be similar to what my fiance will be asked. Seeing as though he has never been to the states and I am the one that visited him. :)

Funny thing ...my fiance was so calm throughout the noa1-noa2 process. I was a nervous crazy woman ... but in the past week ..I think he is finally starting to get a bit nervous and stressed. It is all becoming a reality to him. He keeps saying in a month everything in his life will change. I think when you are waiting for the noa2 you feel like you have a lot of time...but the minute you get the noa2, all of a sudden it all becomes too real. Especially since now it's all on him. :) So he is totally nervous and excited.

We contacted the doctor for the medical, and he said he can't do it until he has the letter from the embassy (i'm assuming p3)

He figured out where to get all the other reports (civil and police) and the translations and apparently that will take around 3 days - so he will start that next week.

Other than that - it is wait and see. I'm preparing all the docs I need to send him and all the proof of relationship - But from what I gather - most of the time, they don't even look at that stuff. But at least we will be prepared.

All I can say is that I am absolutely thrilled I got my NOA2. I am so thankful it is not another friday night where I am depressed because the weekend is here and csc is out of commission!!! hahahahaah

And how excited am I about everyone's progress ... So this is typically Jewel's tracking ...but let's see

T&G - how's it going???? You are at the point where the rest of us can't wait to be at!!!! I am not surprised you haven't had a minute to come on VJ ...but I'm dying to hear how it's all going...

Lovewaits - she's on her way???

Nancy - next week - interview???

Kristin - coming shortly after christmas??? where is your POE???

Jewel - WAITING for interview?? any news?? (i'm assuming no...cause i'm sure I would be 2 or 3rd to find out!!!)

Star - interview coming up right??

Zahid - Interview coming up ...

We are officially in NVC!!!!

WOW... what a journey this all has been so far!!!!

Absolutely amazing.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!

:dance:

Edited by M and F

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
And how excited am I about everyone's progress ... So this is typically Jewel's tracking ...but let's see

T&G - how's it going???? You are at the point where the rest of us can't wait to be at!!!! I am not surprised you haven't had a minute to come on VJ ...but I'm dying to hear how it's all going...

Lovewaits - she's on her way???

Nancy - next week - interview???

Kristin - coming shortly after christmas??? where is your POE???

Jewel - WAITING for interview?? any news?? (i'm assuming no...cause i'm sure I would be 2 or 3rd to find out!!!)

Star - interview coming up right??

Zahid - Interview coming up ...

We are officially in NVC!!!!

WOW... what a journey this all has been so far!!!!

Absolutely amazing.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!

lol, you're right, Marie, it is Jewel who is so good at keeping tabs on progress, but great job! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yes, our interview is next Friday. We are both getting so nervous. I was confident about the interview for so long, when it wasn't an imminent reality. Now it's a week off and I'm imagining all kinds of crazy things - I just want it DONE. And we're both so focused on getting through the interview day, that once it's all done it will be like his travel day just came up out of nowhere! Because I don't want to think about it or wish for it too much. Like, as soon as I do, something will go wrong. If nothing does go wrong, we'll be together very soon, sooner than I can really get my brain around! :lol:

Meanwhile, my sister, sister-in-law, mother and I are making wedding plans. That part is so fun. The little chapel is gorgeous. Fireplace, candlelight, winter ceremony :) can't wait!

I hope the NVC takes care of business and ships you out on Monday! Let us know (I'm sure you will) as soon as they do!!

Happy weekend, everybody. :dance:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.