1,945 posts in this topic

Guys, guys, guys! You're the best! Thank you for all the well wishes and sweet words, that's really cute :wub:

I left yesterday afternoon and had my interview today at 10 am.. and tum, dum, ta! It was approved! (L) (L) (L)

I am sooo happy, we both are! It was such a nerve-wrecking experience but boy was it worth going through it all. I'm feeling horrible tired after being out and about for more than 24 hours but then I decided to run by VJ to give you guys an update. Before even telling my own family about it :D

Not sure how much I should elaborate, but all in all it was a pretty decent experience. I got in line early to make sure I had enough time, but I still had to wait until 10:30 or so before they called me. They did a screening of the documents before telling me wait some more. At no point did they ask to see any of the proof I brought with me regarding us being engaged, our relationship being genuine or latest visit. It took about ten minutes to hand over the papers, the officer receiving them was nice and polite.. then I waited, and waited, and waited.. I swear it was the longest wait :sleepy: About two hours later I was called again and another officer asked me questions. Norway is a no/low fraud country with few problems regarding cases like this, and I believe Wade and I got a strong case, so I was surprised by the amount of questions I got. What made me a bit uncertain was how the officer never replied to any of my answers, she just skipped to the next round of questions.. but finally she gathered all the documents and told me everything looks good and I would recieve the package with my visa in mail sometime next week :luv:

So now I am feeling really tired but so happy, YAY! We just booked tickets and I am set to leave on dec 28th. I'm going to celebrate New Years with my baby, and I can't wait to see him again!

How's everyone else doing? I feel I've missed out on so much even though I've only been gone a little while, lol.

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Guys, guys, guys! You're the best! Thank you for all the well wishes and sweet words, that's really cute :wub:

Congrats!! Did you take your kid with you or was it just you that was required to interview? Did you have to hand over both passports?

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Congrats!! Did you take your kid with you or was it just you that was required to interview? Did you have to hand over both passports?

Aww thanks, Jewel! I did bring him along because it was required. They never talked to him, but they did ask for both of the passports. I'm interested in seeing how his will look compared to mine. I'll just have to be patient and wait until next week to find out I guess :innocent: They asked me far more questions about Wade's daughter, actually. They didn't ask a single question regarding my son, kinda weird but ahh.. It all turned out good in the end, so I am happy! So how are you doing? Any temporary plans of when you think Dave might have his POE?

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Timeline
They didn't ask a single question regarding my son, kinda weird but ahh.. It all turned out good in the end, so I am happy! So how are you doing? Any temporary plans of when you think Dave might have his POE?

How is your son dealing with everything? I am glad that he was able to come to the interview and see it all in action, and then will have Christmas with your family. Are any of your family members going to visit in Seattle soon?

Dave continues to make fun of me for trying to make plans. One month OR MORE from getting his visa is the only thing he can agree to. Not sure I can even see him coming some days. :whistle:

They didn't ask a single question regarding my son, kinda weird but ahh.. It all turned out good in the end, so I am happy! So how are you doing? Any temporary plans of when you think Dave might have his POE?

How is your son dealing with everything? I am glad that he was able to come to the interview and see it all in action, and then will have Christmas with your family. Are any of your family members going to visit in Seattle soon?

Dave continues to make fun of me for trying to make plans. One month OR MORE from getting his visa is the only thing he can agree to. Not sure I can even see him coming some days. :whistle:

My son's pretty excited about going, I don't think he quite understands it also means he will have to leave some family and friends over here. He can be fairly emotional so I think it will kick in for him soon enough, right now I'm just trying to keep him happy and excited about going. He actually enjoyed being at the embassy although he said, and I quote, 'they were slow like snails' :lol: I'm not sure whether or not anyone from my family will be heading to the US soon, my parents are they kind who could announce their arrival within a month and just show up.. so we'll see.

I can't help but smile when I hear about you and Dave, it's too cute really :D I just don't understand why he won't make any plans, you guys are SO close - and it's even more amusing (well to us, not you prolly, lol) to hear about how he's teasing you about it. I think I'd settle for a month (not the MORE part!) if I were you :devil:

Edited by Wade+Kristin

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I left yesterday afternoon and had my interview today at 10 am.. and tum, dum, ta! It was approved! (L) (L) (L)

I am sooo happy, we both are! It was such a nerve-wrecking experience but boy was it worth going through it all. I'm feeling horrible tired after being out and about for more than 24 hours but then I decided to run by VJ to give you guys an update. Before even telling my own family about it :D

Not sure how much I should elaborate, but all in all it was a pretty decent experience. I got in line early to make sure I had enough time, but I still had to wait until 10:30 or so before they called me. They did a screening of the documents before telling me wait some more. At no point did they ask to see any of the proof I brought with me regarding us being engaged, our relationship being genuine or latest visit. It took about ten minutes to hand over the papers, the officer receiving them was nice and polite.. then I waited, and waited, and waited.. I swear it was the longest wait :sleepy: About two hours later I was called again and another officer asked me questions. Norway is a no/low fraud country with few problems regarding cases like this, and I believe Wade and I got a strong case, so I was surprised by the amount of questions I got. What made me a bit uncertain was how the officer never replied to any of my answers, she just skipped to the next round of questions.. but finally she gathered all the documents and told me everything looks good and I would recieve the package with my visa in mail sometime next week :luv:

So now I am feeling really tired but so happy, YAY! We just booked tickets and I am set to leave on dec 28th. I'm going to celebrate New Years with my baby, and I can't wait to see him again!

How's everyone else doing? I feel I've missed out on so much even though I've only been gone a little while, lol.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I am so happy to hear the wonderful news!! Yay!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congrats, Kristin! So happy for you!! :)

Enjoy your well deserved rest - and dream of being with Wade in just over a month!!!!!

:dance: :dance:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Thanks guys, that's so sweet of you both (L)

Now I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for everyone else! :thumbs: I'll be back stalking the forums tomorrow, going to see if I can catch some sleep before another day kicks off. Next year I'll get to celebrate Thanksgiving like everyone else :D

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

fqaVm8.png

My fiance submitted all the paperwork that the consulate requires prior to the interview yesterday. That is basically everything. So, now I just have to wait and see what happens on Dec 7. :clock:

Hope you have a better "Pearl Harbor Day" than they did 68 years ago.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and hope he has a happy interview!

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Great news!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

KRISTIN!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Congrats!!!!! sooooo happy!!!!

I would love to hear the kinds of questions they asked!!! :)

BUT CONGRATULATIONS! so excited for both of you...actually 3 of you!!! :thumbs:

Lifting Conditions Journey

Sent Package: 6/14/12

NOA1: 06/15/12

NOA2 Biometrics Appt Notification: 7/12/12

Text/email alert: address changed 1/29/13

Interview:

Approval Date: 1/30/12

AOS Journey:

Sent AOS package: 03/23/10

NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP): 03/31/10

EAD Card received: 06/14/10

AP Received: 06/14/2010

INTERVIEW: 07/07/10 @ 8:20AM

Greencard: Approved! 07/07/10

07/14/2010: AOS Welcome Letter Received

07/15/2010: AOS TEXT/EMAIL Alert Received! Post Decision Activity

K1 Journey:

NOA1 7/16/09

NOA2: 11/19/09

Embassy received: 12/07/09

Interview: 12/21/09

AP: Approved :) 12/21/09

Visa Received: 12/23/09

US Entry: 12/28/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

:-) Congratulation! Hurray! Happy thanks giving! :P

Timeline
Great news!

Are you one of the last ones we are waiting for a NOA2 for? There has to be more lurking that we can send positive energy to CSC for!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
My fiance submitted all the paperwork that the consulate requires prior to the interview yesterday. That is basically everything. So, now I just have to wait and see what happens on Dec 7. :clock:

Hope you have a better "Pearl Harbor Day" than they did 68 years ago.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and hope he has a happy interview!

Thanks and same to you :).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.