thetreble

How do you feel about strippers?

306 posts in this topic

Yes, generalizations can run both ways. It's lovely to read what you've written poprocks, and thanks so much for sharing! You've maybe seen my posting about my own experiences at strip clubs and it was only at two, and many many years ago. Some of my opinions about going to them, and what they represent are from my own experiences not only having been there, but my work with women's groups, and victim support groups. I guess what I'm saying is that I too can generalize, given my own experiences which involved a very ugly side of "stripping" for the women. I'm sure they aren't in the majority, but to not give credence to their experiences and the violent and degrading circumstances they were involved in, minimizes the impact of their experience, and a side of stripping that is often ignored. Just my opinion.

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're right Carla it isn't always a classy experience for women. Some women get caught up in the bad side of it all. Those dive bars we always love to make fun of, inside those places are drug addicts and everything else. There is a positive and negative side to everything and we as a society tend to just feed off the negatives, yet do nothing to really help change it.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Question for you all, if someone approached you right now, this very second and said 'quick, it's your first day of work at the strip club and you need to pick a stage name?'

http://www.quizopolis.com/stripper-name.php

There was a facebook app for that.....my daughter did hers and it was Sierra Firehoney - think my husbands was Vinnie Longrod :whistle:

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline
The name I'd give to creepy guys in clubs back in the day was always Jasmine, so I think that would be my stripper name too!

You're nicer than I am...if 'Creepers' approached me in bars back in the day, I would start talking another language and just walk away lol!

:lol: Well I'd tell them my 'name' was Jasmine, get my free drink off them, and walk away :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Question for you all, if someone approached you right now, this very second and said 'quick, it's your first day of work at the strip club and you need to pick a stage name?'

:lol: Crystal Razor Shimmer :rofl:

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:lol: Crystal Razor Shimmer :rofl:

no one will bother you with a name like that :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I'd probably do well - Lulu CherryDazzle! :lol:

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'd probably do well - Lulu CherryDazzle! :lol:

gets out the dollar bills....... :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Okay, so I finally had some time to read all 19 pages! Really enjoyed your perspective Poprocks :)

My stripper name would be: Snooker Dunbar Hill

If I could choose: Lola.

That's what I used to tell guys my name was if I didn't want them to know my real name. I went to college in DC and, well, spent a lot of time in bars freshman year.

I also used to pretend I was Russian (semi-easy for me to do as my best friend was Russian and fluent and I was a Russian major).

Once, when I was a bit tipsy and not thinking clearly, I tried to repel a creep by pretending my friend was my GIRLFRIEND. Not my best decision, because said creep was incredibly turned on by the idea of sexy lesbians, so I spent the entire night trying to dodge him :lol:

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Speaking of strippers, I'm going to see one tonight, a male that is :lol: I'm in town for my girlfriend's bachlorette party, we booked a room at a hotel downtown. At 8 a "pizza man" is dropping by for delivery and he'll be dropping off more than a pizza :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Speaking of strippers, I'm going to see one tonight, a male that is :lol: I'm in town for my girlfriend's bachlorette party, we booked a room at a hotel downtown. At 8 a "pizza man" is dropping by for delivery and he'll be dropping off more than a pizza :lol:

So it'll be something like number 10 on this list? :P

Funny enough...I get absolutely nothing out of a man dancing naked...I think they look foolish in a comical type of way...I don't know why...I find a man more attractive in a masculine more laid back 'smooth operator' type of portrayal...not like a freak bouncing around with his *ahem* flapping around like a bald chicken having a seizure... :rofl:

I am attracted to very manly men...very masculine...I find the dancing makes them look feminine to me...lol...

Some one had mentioned the 'dark side' of dancing...and it's very true...I for one have always distanced myself from such people...I was raised by a Greek father that was anti everything and put the fear of God in me....I never did drugs in my life...never abused alcohol or sex....I was always to scared of the stuff my dad warned me about.... But you do see it...I mean not in depth...if you don't look for certain things most times it doesn't find you....but you would see the pimps trying to recruit girls at the club....the drugs...even girls that you know that were brokering deals outside of the club aka 'prostituting'....I truly feel bad for those girls....

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So it'll be something like number 10 on this list? :P

Where's the vomit emoticon? yuckers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.