thetreble

How do you feel about strippers?

306 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pop I loved your blog posting, it's so well put and I do agree with alot of what you said. If your man is gonna cheat, he's gonna cheat and it's more likely to happen with a girl from work in the middle of the day than at 3am at a strip club, so true. Of course there are 'bad seeds' in every profession, not just the adult industry. I think you're a great writer :)

And to those who judge and make nasty comments: you must have something to worry about in your own life, because why else would you care or judge what another person does for a living. It doesn't affect you so go pass judgement elsewhere :yes:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Pop I loved your blog posting, it's so well put and I do agree with alot of what you said. If your man is gonna cheat, he's gonna cheat and it's more likely to happen with a girl from work in the middle of the day than at 3am at a strip club, so true. Of course there are 'bad seeds' in every profession, not just the adult industry. I think you're a great writer :)

And to those who judge and make nasty comments: you must have something to worry about in your own life, because why else would you care or judge what another person does for a living. It doesn't affect you so go pass judgement elsewhere :yes:

I agree about the cheating, but who they cheat with depends more on whether they prefer strippers or non-strippers :lol:

Thanks Jilly :)

omg, trail...that was a funny u made! :)

Krikit, this is my new blog site, so only has a few postings...I'm working on transferring over most if my material from my old site...I'll post something new every few days...most of my stuff is much more lite and humorous :)

thanks for the support guys...feel free to provide feedback, as my final goal is a collection of work geared towards women...and no it don't be all about the sex industry and what husbands want lol...feedback is good for me as it helps me understand what you guys like.

When I finish my book I'll dedicate it to the VJ crew who supported me :)

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

PopRocks, I love your blog! The shoe story was great, I can totally relate.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Timeline
and as far as being couteous I rarely ever say much anyhow but I see all of you saying whatever you want when you want as if GOD has spoken, you never stop to think maybe there are times when you offend but no one calls you out on it???

GIVE ME A BREAK

you feed off this stuff

if "God" is speaking to you... it's called schizophrenia, and there are meds for that. If you don't like this thread, do yourself a favor and don't read it. There are other threads where your close mindedness and judgmental ways about people in the adult entertainment industry might be lauded, this is not one. Like Sprailenes said: BUH BYE

Timeline

Me thinks I shouldn't have clicked on the blog from work :)

Anyhoo - must go investigate the hullabaloo

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline
If it's not your husband out there putting the money in their pockets, then who cares. :D

Live and let live.

:thumbs:

EXACTLYYYYY.

Can I just say I think it's hilarious when one person from another section of this forum finds a thread in a section they NEVER post in, and then they don't like the response they get...so they get their "friends" to come and post too. Seems to be kinda common from certain sections of this board. :whistle:

Edited by thetreble

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Ahem..COCKTAILS!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
and as far as being couteous I rarely ever say much anyhow but I see all of you saying whatever you want when you want as if GOD has spoken, you never stop to think maybe there are times when you offend but no one calls you out on it???

GIVE ME A BREAK

you feed off this stuff

if "God" is speaking to you... it's called schizophrenia, and there are meds for that. If you don't like this thread, do yourself a favor and don't read it. There are other threads where your close mindedness and judgmental ways about people in the adult entertainment industry might be lauded, this is not one. Like Sprailenes said: BUH BYE

:rofl::rofl:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I rec'd this comment on my recent piece from my husband. He took the time to read it and pit in his 2 cents...his comment is in response to another readers comment, who stated that people who strip are not 'credible'... I found it a good read, so I thought I would share....again, this is just another individuals take on things:

Well stated!!! Credibility and acceptability are not one in the same. Credibility relates to one's believability or trustworthiness, while acceptability is defined by conformity to a defined set of standards set by the society we live in. There is no such thing as a 'credible" career, only credible individuals. A woman's decision to not reveal her career choice does not, and should not diminish the 'credibility' of that career, especially if it is a career choice that society has deemed as 'unacceptable'.

In today's society we are taught to conform to a specific set of 'acceptable' standards by giving in or giving up part of who we are to be part of what is socially acceptable. Next time you walk into an elevator with a group of people, don't turn around and face the door until it actually opens and just watch the reaction of others. People conform to societies standards for fear that others will reject, dislike or even mistreat them. This is also the same reason a 'stripper' or a gay individual may choose to conceal their career choice or sexual orientation to others. Many people are under the false pretense that conformity breeds acceptance, when in actuality it rids of uniqueness and individuality, and above all, hinders change and progress.

A woman who chooses to strip or pose nude for Playboy may indeed be viewed as a non-conformist by others in the conservative society we live in today, but that doesn't give others the right to judge her based on stereotypes. A non-conformist voice in Nazi Germany could have saved the suffering and lives of untold millions. Sometimes being a non-conformist just means you happen to be morally and intellectually superior to the people you've had the misfortune of being contemporaries with.

What's ironic about the situation is that as much as much as society shuns the adult sex industry, they glorify it even more. As the saying goes...sex sells. Sex is used to sell cars, fragrances, clothing, mainstream media, alcoholic beverages, tobacco, music and even vacations. This glorification creates pressure amongst the masses to look and act certain ways. Society defines the ideal woman as being ultra thin and having large breasts. Women are taught from a young age that 'Barbie' is beautiful and desirable by 'Ken' - the ideal man. Strippers and Playboy centerfolds are the epitome of Barbie and hence, pose a threat to insecure women who are unable to meet those standards set by society.

Not only do women in the adult entertainment industry look the part, but there is also this perceived notion that they can "rock a man's world" in bed and have him coming back begging for more, thereby further festering the insecurities of these women. They soon realize that the easiest and most obvious way to gain leverage over an attractive women who is comfortable with her sexuality is to attack her values and morals. They will commonly refer to strippers as 'sluts' and drug addicts and attribute her good looks to an endless array of cosmetic procedures.

I think it's safe to say that there is a much higher percentage of Hollywood actors and elite models using drugs, sleeping around and cheating on their spouses than women working in a strip club. The difference is that there is no direct threat from these individuals as they are viewed as unattainable. In other words...it's highly (and I mean highly) unlikely that your husband or significant other will approach you one night and tell you that they are planning to hang out with Angelina Jolie and Pamela Anderson for drinks". On the other hand, there is a very high probability your significant other will approach you at one time or another and say that he is planning to visit a strip club with some friends. Now there is a direct threat to your security.

A woman who is confident in herself and in her relationship, and has 100% trust in her significant other, more than likely would not take issue with this. After all, it takes two to tango and if you COMPLETELY trust your guy, then there is no way he would do anything inappropriate in that environment - no matter how much the temptation. The problem arises when a woman has become insecure with herself and with her relationship and loses that trust. They begin to use control as a means of security in their relationship. Prohibiting their significant other from visiting a strip club, going to a bar, hanging out with his friends, reading Playboy or watching adult videos are examples of such. What they fail to realize is that by exerting such control over their spouses, they are inadvertently causing more harm to the relationship. The spouse now feels that he has become a 'prisoner' of his wife's insecurities and begins to despise her. He begins to lie to her about where he is going and what he is doing. She soon catches him in lies and loses trust quickly. At that point there is no turning back. By embracing your spouses wants, needs and desires your are creating a stronger bond with him.

Stripping is not an illegal activity. As individuals, we should be judged by our actions and contributions to society and not the career path we have chosen. Are investment bankers who have robbed people of billions of dollars or mortgage brokers who have caused the collapse of the the world's economy more respectable career choices than stripping? How about the physician who has been arrested for illegally prescribing drugs to his patients? Or the superstar athlete who has been arrested for dog fighting or murder?

True, no mother or father wants their daughter to be a stripper. I also wouldn't want my son or daughter coming to me and telling me that they want to be a circus clown, undercover vice decoy, turkey wrangler, or psychic. But if it's what they truly wanted to do and they weren't breaking any laws, I would certainly support their decision.

I am lucky enough to have married a very confident and beautiful woman who actually enjoys going to strip clubs with my friends and I. We don't go very often, but when we do it's always a blast!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.