thetreble

Bridezilla Update...(I think I'm OK posting this here...)

250 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It'll be a good story though... "So this one time I got married..."

Is he in a lot of debt because of the wedding or did her parents take care of most of the bill??

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I'm glad he realized sooner than later. She seemed to be the type that got so into the wedding planning, and now there's nothing to plan so she doesn't know what to do with herself and took it out on your poor BIL.

My best wishes for your BIL during this tough time.

Thanks, Peachy. She just really wanted to have a big wedding, I don't think she actually wanted the marriage.

Is he in a lot of debt because of the wedding or did her parents take care of most of the bill??

Her parents took care of most of it so the jokes on them.

They also have no joint assets, not even a joint bank account...so there is nothing to divide.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

I think big weddings are overrated. I would like to actually know the people at my wedding enough to have a substantial conversation with them.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
I'm glad he realized sooner than later. She seemed to be the type that got so into the wedding planning, and now there's nothing to plan so she doesn't know what to do with herself and took it out on your poor BIL.

My best wishes for your BIL during this tough time.

Thanks, Peachy. She just really wanted to have a big wedding, I don't think she actually wanted the marriage.

Her parents took care of most of it so the jokes on them.

They also have no joint assets, not even a joint bank account...so there is nothing to divide.

Well that's good news!

Its so pathetic though that all she would have to do is admit she's wrong and apologize. Gah some people have their heads stuffed so far up their butts.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

Whoa. :blink: I have just caught up with this thread. Hadn't read it since before the wedding.

I am sorry to hear that they went through with it. I am happy to hear he has finally taken a stand. I hope he is strong enough to follow through with his decision. He is going to need a lot of support to remind him he is making the right decision and to not look back. I guess you could say he is lucky to have learned this lesson so early on in the game. It will make him stronger and build a better man. I wish him all the best. (F)

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yeah she still won't do that...she still won't say she's sorry or even question some of things she has done or said. You can't care about someone else if you can't just say, "I've been wrong..."

Whoa. :blink: I have just caught up with this thread. Hadn't read it since before the wedding.

I am sorry to hear that they went through with it. I am happy to hear he has finally taken a stand. I hope he is strong enough to follow through with his decision. He is going to need a lot of support to remind him he is making the right decision and to not look back. I guess you could say he is lucky to have learned this lesson so early on in the game. It will make him stronger and build a better man. I wish him all the best. (F)

Thanks, Krikit. I hope it will make him a stronger, better person as well.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

As the world tuens, this would make an excellent soap opera. But glad it is over he may be devestated now But hopefully it is for the best for him and the family.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

This really should be one of those TV shows on Bridezillas - even the ending couldn't have been scripted like this! I am sorry for your BIL and hope he realizes soon - if not now - how lucky he is to have got out of this as quickly and as easily as he did. He sounds like a nice guy and now he will have a chance for a happy and better life. When I keep thinking back to all the money that was spent on this wedding and all the comments that were made by various individuals along the way - well, just Wow. At least now you know she's probably not going to spoil your family's Christmas.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

We've all made expensive mistakes, whether they be monetarily or emotionally. (F) The cost of those mistakes pays for the lessons we must learn. If we fail to accept and apply what we have learned, the price will be much higher. With every heartache I have, I dig deeply to understand. Salvaging the good from the bad helps me to become a better person, and I take comfort in the knowledge that things have not happened in vain.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline
We've all made expensive mistakes, whether they be monetarily or emotionally. (F) The cost of those mistakes pays for the lessons we must learn. If we fail to accept and apply what we have learned, the price will be much higher. With every heartache I have, I dig deeply to understand. Salvaging the good from the bad helps me to become a better person, and I take comfort in the knowledge that things have not happened in vain.

That is very nicely put. Did you write that?

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

I'm thinking about it. I do plan to write on it but as you be knowin', I'm much more of a poet than a "writer". I will put it into words though...I will.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm thinking about it. I do plan to write on it but as you be knowin', I'm much more of a poet than a "writer". I will put it into words though...I will.

Here's what you do: write a book about awful fiancees and brides. I'm sure some women will complain, so in order to make them happy, you then write a second book about awful fiances and husbands. That way you get TWO book deals out of it simply by playing both sides of the aisle. :P

That is very nicely put. Did you write that?

:blink:

:lol:

Of course I did! At 8:44pm, as a matter of fact. What the heck? I'm not just another pretty face, you know. :bonk:

iagree.gif

Timeline

wow Amanda. I'm very sorry to hear that...for your BIL. I had been hoping that if they did stay together she would revert to what he remembered. I am glad that its over now though and while he may be crushed I am praying that he heals and learns from this. Its so much better to have gotten out now than to live a life like that. At least he has you guys for an awesome support system. I wish him all the best.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.