mrsemcee

Did anyone else hand write their forms? (specifically I-130)

13 posts in this topic

I hand wrote on all forms for the I-130 process, my hand writing was neat, but is this ok and did anyone else do it?

I just wondered koz I feel silly for filling out the forms by hand now as everyone else seems to be doing it all online then printing....

Hmmmm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I hand wrote on all forms for the I-130 process, my hand writing was neat, but is this ok and did anyone else do it?

I just wondered koz I feel silly for filling out the forms by hand now as everyone else seems to be doing it all online then printing....

Hmmmm

I didn't, but I did hand write in the N/A where it applied. I think it should be fine, since they say that it's okay on the instructions. Best wishes!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

When I filed for Naturalization, the instructions said you could print in capital letters with black ink and that's exactly what I did and had no problems at all.

Good luck!

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Wonderous!!!!

I am fairly certain the forms said I could do that but I'm on the iPhone at the moment so I can't check online :)

yes, I'm obsessed with VJ that much I login from my phone!

I hand written my petition and everything went through fine.

Keep this in mind,,, these are government workers,, They probably have quotas.

If your petition is well organized and easy to process (for me that means coversheet, typed and attention to detail).

It may get processed whereas another that is poorly organized and hard to read... May get put on the Process later stack.

I see quite a few here with very different timelines. My I-130 package was 47 pages (fairly complex),,, and processed very quickly.

I might be wrong,, but, not taking any chances.

Regards,

Yes you can hand write some date in the forms. My address is quite longer that this process so I had to write it down because while I'm filling 'em out online it can't be accommodated by the space provided.

I'd say kudos for Douglasfiel, we can't take away the notion that gov't employees sometimes just prefer doing their job within their comfort zone.. Our I-130 was very well organized by my husband. We put labels so components are easy to be found. So that makes their job a lot more easier.

Anyhow, You can hand write your info if it doesn't fit in the space provided.

Edited by LÜvtechwifey

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

i would just like to point out, my application was extremely organised.. and just because i hand wrote it, it doesnt mean it wouldnt be organised. it was just easier for me to do as i was borrowing a work computer to print the whole lot of forms out, so didnt have time to sit there and fill them out online.

i spent a lot of time putting my application together and making sure everything was specifically ordered and correct before i sent it off, and i know that most people did the same thing.. but yeah... i am sure that everyone means well...

thanks for answering the question to those who did.

donna.

We did. Handwritten I-130, G-235 or whatever that one was called :lol:

We did just fine :yes:

thanks for that.. thats what i wanted to hear :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I too hand wrote my wife's I-130 and G-325...everything went well except for a spelling error (i guess my handwriting isn't as neat as i thought) on her name which i noticed on the NOA1, but that was easily corrected by calling USCIS...

• 5 weeks later...

So, I am guessing I'm good, since I handwrote mine I 130 form, and they sent me a letter telling me my application was recieved and is now Processed and Pending.

I have another question though, how long does it usually takes for them to start the process after it says is pending? Because they recieved my application on April 9th and it is still pending.

0PcC.jpgbMFum5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.