VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Thank you for your advice, Terri & Vanessa! Matt will be sending originals for the I-134 (bank statements as well as the other proof he is using) and a copy of the original I-129F package. Going by your post Terri, can Matt just send copies of his passport/birth certificate? I suppose it goes against everything we've ever been told when we're asked to send such important documents away :)

Hey Zoe, All Eric sent me was copies of his birth cert/passport. He made sure I had a complete copy of the entire I129F package so that if they asked anything about it I had a reference to look at....a whole forest later and they didnt even glance at any of it at interview.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

E got our letter from NVC today, so things are moving apace. I went for my medical yesterday, but it didn't go too well, so now I have to go back to my own doctor and get more tests and send them back. A little frustrating. I just hope it doesn't cause too many delays. I'm back to my own doctor tonight, so we'll see.

I was also slightly annoyed that they didn't tell me to take my passport to the appointment, just photo ID, so I didn't have that. I just kept myself amused by thinking that Dr Charles looked a little bit like the third Doctor Who. :lol:

Apart from the medical, I think I have everything else I need all ready to go when the consulate sends me stuff.

Timeline

Hey guys,

Thank you for clarifying things for me about taking a copy of the I-129f package to the interview.

Now i have another problem. I just received a package in the mail from my fiance containing the I-134 affidavit of support and supporting documents. I was looking over everything he sent and i realized that the letter from the bank says that the account was opened on May 26 2010 (the day the bank wrote the letter for him) when in fact it was suppossed to state that the account was opened in May 2009. Is this small mistake a problem? We also have bank statements from each month showing activity for every month dating back to May 2009. So is this enough to show that the account has really been open for a year? Or are we going to have to get a new letter from the bank?

We were also thinking maybe we could get an email from the bank stating that they made the mistake with this date and just attach the email to the letter from the bank?

We are hoping that we dont have to wait to send the letter all over again because as soon as we receive packet 3 (which should be any day now) we want to send it back straight away. We are hoping for the earliest possible interview date as i am trying to leave to be back in the states by the end of June.

However, if a new letter is essential we would rather wait for it and know that we have all the requirements in order. What do you guys think?

Your help is always much appreciated (L)

Timeline

Hey guys,

Thank you for clarifying things for me about taking a copy of the I-129f package to the interview.

Now i have another problem. I just received a package in the mail from my fiance containing the I-134 affidavit of support and supporting documents. I was looking over everything he sent and i realized that the letter from the bank says that the account was opened on May 26 2010 (the day the bank wrote the letter for him) when in fact it was suppossed to state that the account was opened in May 2009. Is this small mistake a problem? We also have bank statements from each month showing activity for every month dating back to May 2009. So is this enough to show that the account has really been open for a year? Or are we going to have to get a new letter from the bank?

We were also thinking maybe we could get an email from the bank stating that they made the mistake with this date and just attach the email to the letter from the bank?

We are hoping that we dont have to wait to send the letter all over again because as soon as we receive packet 3 (which should be any day now) we want to send it back straight away. We are hoping for the earliest possible interview date as i am trying to leave to be back in the states by the end of June.

However, if a new letter is essential we would rather wait for it and know that we have all the requirements in order. What do you guys think?

Your help is always much appreciated (L)

Personally, I would take the short delay to make sure the documents were correct because the risk is there is a longer delay later if the letter stating it was a mistake is not accepted. Then again, it could be fine...

Timeline

If the NVC confirmed the e-mails of both myself (petitioner) and the beneficiary, is it likely that we will BOTH receive an e-mail from the Sydney Consulate with Packet 3, or is it only sent to the beneficiary? Also, if they send an e-mail with Packet 3, is a physical copy still sent to her address? We're a little bit concerned because she has been having troubles with her e-mail lately, and I really want to make sure nothing has been lost, especially because there is no definite way to see if the consulate has received the package from the NVC or not.

She sent an email to the SydneyIV@state.gov e-mail address asking for the case status, but didn't receive the automated response back, and then 2 days letter receivd an e-mail saying it was undelivered and her e-mail servers were having trouble delivering. I just really don't want to the Packet 3 to get lost in the e-mail.

The NVC forwarded the packet on June 3rd, so maybe its a little bit too early to be concerned, but we haven't heard anything so we're just a little concerned. Especially since she just gave her 4 weeks notice!

Timeline

Personally, I would take the short delay to make sure the documents were correct because the risk is there is a longer delay later if the letter stating it was a mistake is not accepted. Then again, it could be fine...

We decided to take the short delay and get the letter resent. We didnt want to take the risk of not having everything in order. It arrived in the mail today, so now we just have to send it all off :)

Thanks for the reply EandR :)

If the NVC confirmed the e-mails of both myself (petitioner) and the beneficiary, is it likely that we will BOTH receive an e-mail from the Sydney Consulate with Packet 3, or is it only sent to the beneficiary? Also, if they send an e-mail with Packet 3, is a physical copy still sent to her address? We're a little bit concerned because she has been having troubles with her e-mail lately, and I really want to make sure nothing has been lost, especially because there is no definite way to see if the consulate has received the package from the NVC or not.

She sent an email to the SydneyIV@state.gov e-mail address asking for the case status, but didn't receive the automated response back, and then 2 days letter receivd an e-mail saying it was undelivered and her e-mail servers were having trouble delivering. I just really don't want to the Packet 3 to get lost in the e-mail.

The NVC forwarded the packet on June 3rd, so maybe its a little bit too early to be concerned, but we haven't heard anything so we're just a little concerned. Especially since she just gave her 4 weeks notice!

Our packet 3 was sent to both of us, so hopefully you should both get it too. It also took the consulate 1 week to send us packet 3 from the time that the consulate received our file from NVC.

Hope that helps :)

Timeline

Our packet 3 was sent to E only (not me). NVC forwarded our packed on 28 May, and we got the email from the consulate 9 June, so I wouldn't be too worried just yet: if you're 5 days behind us, then my best guess is you're getting your email around about 14 June (well, 15, since 14 is Queen's birthday holiday), maybe a few days either side...

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey everyone.. a bit excited/panicked... we just got the notice from the consulate that Paul's interview date is Aug 3. Looks like they are only asking him to bring the fee, his passport and the parcel post bag?

I have a few questions:

#1) For the fee.. it says to go to Australia Post? What do you tell them/ask for? I know the amount.. but will they know what a "MRV" fee is? Additionally they indicate USD 140 but.. other sites seems to indicate a higher amount?

#2) It says "Additional comments: Unless otherwise stated, we require the original and one photocopy of all documents" - Does this mean a copy of his Visa? Or of the documents we already provided?

#3) What do you recommend I send to him for the interview? Will he need a copy of my visa and birth certificate?

Thanks ahead of time!

Pamala

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone.. a bit excited/panicked... we just got the notice from the consulate that Paul's interview date is Aug 3. Looks like they are only asking him to bring the fee, his passport and the parcel post bag?

I have a few questions:

#1) For the fee.. it says to go to Australia Post? What do you tell them/ask for? I know the amount.. but will they know what a "MRV" fee is? Additionally they indicate USD 140 but.. other sites seems to indicate a higher amount?

#2) It says "Additional comments: Unless otherwise stated, we require the original and one photocopy of all documents" - Does this mean a copy of his Visa? Or of the documents we already provided?

#3) What do you recommend I send to him for the interview? Will he need a copy of my visa and birth certificate?

1. Go and say you need to pay the US non-immigrant visa fee. Yes the fee should be higher as of June but if they say $140 pay $140. They may need to get you to pay again while in Sydney so make sure you know where the nearest post office is if you need to pay the difference. You can also send a letter (email) clarifying the fee if you want just to be safe. I remember someone did that.

2. You don't have his visa so you can't photocopy it. They mean when he sent P3 he sent the original and a photocopy of each required document. As the notice only says take the passport, the fee receipt and the post bag, they have all docs anyway. Still, take a copy of EVERYTHING you've sent, just in case

3. He won't need anything from you for the interview because this is all about him now. He will need proof of your relationship such as photos together, chat records, email records, letters, cards etc. basically proof of on-going relationship.

august 3. I wish you both the best of luck. VERY exciting :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a few questions:

Thanks ahead of time!

Pamala

I am a bit confused

my fiance received an email pack 3.

I sent back immediately as per instructions....The visa applicant should complete and return form DS-230 (Part I only) as soon as possible to the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney. We only accept original forms, not faxed or scanned copies.

I or my fiance have since recieved nothing else back....so 8 june we received pack 3 email...within a week i send back just DS230 forms... Does the consulate contact me with interview date or do they wait until I send back all the other stuff required? Im still waiting for my daughters police report....mines back but not hers...and the ex husbands stat dec adknowledgment that Im taking the kids out of the country to live...

Can someone help please...I just have a bit of a time line to meet...

cheers thanks.

Timeline

I am a bit confused

my fiance received an email pack 3.

I sent back immediately as per instructions....The visa applicant should complete and return form DS-230 (Part I only) as soon as possible to the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney. We only accept original forms, not faxed or scanned copies.

I or my fiance have since recieved nothing else back....so 8 june we received pack 3 email...within a week i send back just DS230 forms... Does the consulate contact me with interview date or do they wait until I send back all the other stuff required? Im still waiting for my daughters police report....mines back but not hers...and the ex husbands stat dec adknowledgment that Im taking the kids out of the country to live...

Can someone help please...I just have a bit of a time line to meet...

cheers thanks.

You will get P4 (the interview letter) when you send off all the documents required for P3. About a week (usually less) from when they receive P3 they'll send you 4 and the interview date will be around 3 weeks in the future.

Timeline

I have a few questions:

Thanks ahead of time!

Pamala

For the fee, I got the same letter, saying US$140. Since that seemed wrong, I wrote back to the consulate, and their reply was that the fee had increased recently to US$350 or A$420, and that is what I should pay. They said if I had already paid the amount in the letter, I would be required to pay the difference in cash on the day of my interview.

They didn't check the box on my letter saying I needed an express post envelope, so I'm not sure whether I should bring one or not...

Timeline

Hey guys,

My 1-129F has been sent to Sydney (woohoo!), but... my fiancé is currently visiting me, and he'll leave in August 20, arriving on the 22nd back to Oz... do you think this'll cause issues?

Timeline
Hey guys,

My 1-129F has been sent to Sydney (woohoo!), but... my fiancé is currently visiting me, and he'll leave in August 20, arriving on the 22nd back to Oz... do you think this'll cause issues?

Ahhh your I-129F was sent to sydney?? you mean you've had NOA2 approved? Or that you send the K1 petition to sydney yourselves? Hopefully you mean NOA2 approved.

Having your fiance leave August 20 will delay his return to the USA.. that should be all it does. Only because he won't be able to do his police check, or medical, or everything else for Packet 3 until he gets back. The police check takes about 2 weeks to get back depending on what state he's from, the medical about a week but booking times might vary. At the very least you can get him your part, (the I-134 and further letter of intent) so he can take them back with him to the Aus. he can also get started on some of the P3 documents (like the ds-230 (part 1) and DS-156 etc) because he can do those while in the US and print them so he doesn't need to fiddle with it when in Aus and just has them ready to go.

Basically he should start getting his stuff together now so he has it when he gets back to Aus. Then he'll need to book the medical, the police fingerprint check and wait till those come back to send them in with P3. Then his interview should occur within a month of sending P3

Timeline

Oh yes we did get our NOA2. :-)

I'm not too worried about him not getting here sooner... the wedding is in December, so as long as he's here in November or early December I'm happy :-) We're starting those docs here (the DS ones and the affidavit of support).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.