VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
:lol: Did your police check come on the fancy blue paper too? :rofl:

You don't need to send your x-rays. Only the results of the medical. And you don't need to take the x-ray to Sydney with you either. Just make sure you bring it with you when you move here

Thanks for the info. Seeing as the consulate will have my file by the time the police check is done I'm just going to have it sent directly there. I was a little worried before (when we didn't know where our case was) to get the medical and police check in case CIS changed their mind about giving me the visa and we'd loose more money. Lol.

I completely understand the nerves! I read about applying for it early to save time but I was still so worried that I'd spend the money for nothing... still.. worked out for the best :)

I also agree that i was a little disappointed with my police check. Not because I had any charges, but that it took SO long, and was basically ONE sentence on a big piece of paper. I said to my mum "THIS is what $131 looks like"... lol.

Thanks guys, this information is amazing. We are starting the K1 process in Jan 2010, and after reading all your information I'm less scared and more confident that we CAN do this. I'm sure that it wont take the million questions I have away, but great to hear other Aussies have been though it. Thanks

We have no doubt you can do it too. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like because we all know, and remember what it's like to start this process and read and read and read but still feel like we learnt nothing :P

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline
Packet Three went in the mail today, express to sydney, so they should get it tomorrow morning. I was such a bundle of nerves at the GPO, checking and rechecking that the forms were right and O had all the right gear in there. I annoyed the lady at the window, I think because I was so anxious. But it's out of my hands now :)

I'm pretty sure I pissed off my mail lady too :P I stood at that mail desk when i was addressing the envelope checking everything like 3 times. I had mum re-read paperwork before I even got to the post office. I had my brother look at it once too I think... As it turns out if you forgot anything it's most likely they'll just ask you to bring it to your interview as the list they mail you is a list of anything you should have previously supplied so it shouldn't be as stressful as it is... but still. Once I sealed the envelope I was like "oh #######. I hope it's all right".. lol.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Fiance's interview on 24th Nov...

Evening of the 23rd u.s. time, I'm going to be nervous and waiting for that phone call.

Happy and can't believe we're at this step finally. :wow:

Congrats Sera :thumbs: . It's been a long road for you!

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm close to sending in packet 3 and i'm just wondering about the payment for the visa. I've seen mentioned that people were required to bring a receipt of payment to the interview. Does the bill for the visa come with packet 4?

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Timeline
I'm close to sending in packet 3 and i'm just wondering about the payment for the visa. I've seen mentioned that people were required to bring a receipt of payment to the interview. Does the bill for the visa come with packet 4?

Hi Simon,

All you do is go to the local post office and show them your letter from packet 4 and say you would like to pay the MCV fee - The cost is 157.20 AUD.

Make sure you dont buy your express post envelope on the same recepit as they need to see you paid the visa fee seperately.

Hey everyone! Damo is picking up his package from me today at the ups office, yay! He had his medical with Dr. Charles on tuesday, and since he works around the corner he is going to pick it up instead of having them mail it to him. How long does it usually take for them to get the results ready? Thanks heaps!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

Hi Simon,

All you do is go to the local post office and show them your letter from packet 4 and say you would like to pay the MCV fee - The cost is 157.20 AUD.

Make sure you dont buy your express post envelope on the same recepit as they need to see you paid the visa fee seperately.

NO NO NO! Close but NO!

You DO get a letter but WAIT for the letter and pay the amount that's on the letter, don't rely on the $157.20 mentioned above. It can change. Mine was $170.30! It's dependent on the US dollar compared to Aussie dollar.

When you go to the post office tell them you need to pay the fee for a "NON-IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION". I know my post office was pretty confused about it (new girl) so it took a little while but you HAVE to tell them the amount because it changes so wait until you receive P4 which will list the amount on it.

Timeline
Hey everyone! Damo is picking up his package from me today at the ups office, yay! He had his medical with Dr. Charles on tuesday, and since he works around the corner he is going to pick it up instead of having them mail it to him. How long does it usually take for them to get the results ready? Thanks heaps!

Jules

Mine was with Dr. Charles and it took 10 days. It's very dependent on how busy they are. If he had it this Tuesday then i would call next Tuesday to ask about it. It's completely up to you how often you call but I'd give them a week at least. The sooner the better obviously though :D

Jules

Mine was with Dr. Charles and it took 10 days. It's very dependent on how busy they are. If he had it this Tuesday then i would call next Tuesday to ask about it. It's completely up to you how often you call but I'd give them a week at least. The sooner the better obviously though :D

Thanks V. Yeah Dr. charles mentioned the end of the week since he was picking it up. Damo called today and the woman on the phone pretty much bit his head off, and said dont call us we will call you. Also said to him dont come in it will be a waste of your time, even though he never said that he was going to. Was very rude to him. I dont know, maybe she isnt getting any...

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

Jules

Thanks V. Yeah Dr. charles mentioned the end of the week since he was picking it up. Damo called today and the woman on the phone pretty much bit his head off, and said dont call us we will call you. Also said to him dont come in it will be a waste of your time, even though he never said that he was going to. Was very rude to him. I dont know, maybe she isnt getting any...

Awww I kinda feel bad for her.. just a little 'cause I know that they only started doing the Visa stuff in the last year or so 'cause previously he had his own practice. Think about these threads and imagine people wanting visa's calling every day. Esp when you don't know all about it yet. For instance when I did mine they didn't know where I was supposed to be and sat me where i shouldn't have been for a while.

At the same time though, she doesn't need to be a ###### about it. She could simply tell you to call back next week... I agree, someone isn't getting any :P

Timeline
:( My doctor is away and I need to visit him first, need to call off the appointment again! Good thing I don't leave till Feb 16!

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-24

NVC Received : 2009-10-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-27

Consulate Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-06

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-11

Interview Date : 2010-02-09 - APPROVED!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2010-02-16

Timeline
:( My doctor is away and I need to visit him first, need to call off the appointment again! Good thing I don't leave till Feb 16!

Can I be rude and ask why you need to see your doctor first? Is it for immunisation history? If so surely your doctor has a substitute working while he's away?

Is it something that can wait until AFTER the main doctor?

Either way stay strong. It will all be okay. You'll be there just after valentines day :D

yeah, most doctors hire locums when they are away and he/she will be able to access the same records as 'your' doctor

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

Hi Simon,

NO NO NO! Close but NO!

You DO get a letter but WAIT for the letter and pay the amount that's on the letter, don't rely on the $157.20 mentioned above. It can change. Mine was $170.30! It's dependent on the US dollar compared to Aussie dollar.

When you go to the post office tell them you need to pay the fee for a "NON-IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION". I know my post office was pretty confused about it (new girl) so it took a little while but you HAVE to tell them the amount because it changes so wait until you receive P4 which will list the amount on it.

Ah ok, so it's with packet 4...thank you both! :D

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.