VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Hey All,

My visa was approved this morning... :dance::dance::dance:

It was very simple and easy and the whole thing took at most no more then 40 mins. I got there at around 10.15am for an 11am appointment. I was called to the first window in a matter of minutes to pass over my passport, receipt, pics and envelope. Then asked to sit back down for 5mins. I was then called for finerprints. The actual interview took no more then 5 mins and the questions I was asked are as follows. I was actually out of there before the 11am interview time.

- How did you meet

- Has your fiance been out to visit you

- Have you been to the US

- How long was longest stay in the US

- How are you planning on getting married

- When do you intend to leave for the US

- How many times has your fiance been to Australia

All fairy simple and then had to sign the document stating I intend to marry within 90 days and declare that all I have said is the truth.

I also asked how much time should I allow at customs in LAX as i will be heading to NY and she said that I should allow atleast 3 hours to do the other set of interviews at POE.

What a relief this is all done now.. I will be heading to the US towards the end of feb 10

Good luck to all those that have interviews coming up

Carol

Congratz

I bet it is such a relief to get it all done and now to be able to relax a bit and get ready for this life changing move.

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

How exciting! Congratulations!!

Giggles, which Dr. are you seeing? Are you seeing Dr Yates, like I did? I am interested to see if he has you strip down for almost the entire medical like he had me do, like I said before, it seems very odd.

A comment about my medical, actually. I called Anzac Square Medical Center today to follow up my results, since the girl on reception told me when I left my appointment on Thursday, that the results would be ready in two days, which should have be Monday, maybe Tuesday. So I call and inquire of my results were ready to be picked up, and the woman on the other end rudely asks "Have we called you?" And I said no, that I just wanted to follow up, since I was told two days by the receptionist I had spoken to. She was pretty much just a huge ###### to me, saying that the results could sit on the Doctors desk for AGES and it was up to them to process it. Pretty much the message "why should we hurry for you?" Fair enough, it's up to the doctor, but I know my results are fine, the Dr. said I was fine, and the xray tech said my chest looked clean. Why the reason for the rudeness? She could have just said that my results were not yet available, and gotten the Dr. to give me a call when we was ready. She clearly has no grasp that by the time we get to a medical, we have been waiting for months and we need to get to the consulate as soon as we can? AND, visa applicants pay them an exorbidant amount of money for quite simple tests? Really, she just gave me the shits.

Also, I get home from work today, to find a bill for bloodwork from the local pathology company, even though I paid for the blood tests through the Dr. Guess who is going to get a pointed phonecall tomorrow morning? I have the proof I already paid, as if they are going to charge me $100-plus TWICE.

Vanessa - So when you file for AOS, you are just going to submit your medical and nothing else additional? Can you let us know if having no skin TB test gives you an grief?

Yep, my appointment is with Dr Yates. I thought that was odd too when you said you were nearly naked for the entire exam. It doesn't seem necessary for the examination he needs to do. It kinda makes the doctor sound like a bit of a perv. I'll let you know how my appointment goes.

I would have been annoyed with that woman at the medical centre too. She could have at least said politely that they'll call you when your results are ready. Do we have to pick up the results from the medical centre or will they mail them out?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Vanessa - So when you file for AOS, you are just going to submit your medical and nothing else additional? Can you let us know if having no skin TB test gives you an grief?

I have yet to thoroughly read the info but everything I've read indicates I don't need a skin test. I'll let you know before I send the packet what I include with it and then again whether I have any issues :D :D

Woot visa fun again :P

Thanks everyone for your well wishes..

Just a note to Vanessa - so when you arrive into LAX are we required to queue in the US citizens line with our paperwork and not the visitors queue??

You are correct :) Stand in the citizen line, with your brown envelope OUT and visible (apparently sometimes if the line is long they see the envelope and pull you out to a difft area). I found the line to be WAY shorter which was good too :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey All,

Completely missed this earlier .... congrats Carol ... :star:

Astrid ... thanks for that. I have an 8 hour layover and LAX is my least favourite airport ... :thumbs:

Yup, I can hear you on that. I'm g;ad I have never had to stopover there, LAX is always the end of the road for me :) Just out of interest, why downtown? There is diddly squat to do there, or see there. You could try and go to Santa Monica or something instead? Unless you are meeting someone there, you can just go ahead and ignore my nosiness :)

LOL @ nosiness - supposed to meet my cousin there. She hates LAX too and doesn't want to sit around for a few hours. Think she would for me - but NO!

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Hey All,

It was very simple and easy and the whole thing took at most no more then 40 mins. I got there at around 10.15am for an 11am appointment. I was called to the first window in a matter of minutes to pass over my passport, receipt, pics and envelope. Then asked to sit back down for 5mins. I was then called for finerprints. The actual interview took no more then 5 mins and the questions I was asked are as follows. I was actually out of there before the 11am interview time.

- How did you meet

All fairy simple and then had to sign the document stating I intend to marry within 90 days and declare that all I have said is the truth.

I also asked how much time should I allow at customs in LAX as i will be heading to NY and she said that I should allow atleast 3 hours to do the other set of interviews at POE.

What a relief this is all done now.. I will be heading to the US towards the end of feb 10

Carol

What type of relationship evidence did you take and how much?

I am so nervous about all this stuff.

I have booked my flights and Hotel so it is just a waiting game now until the day and just hope it all goes smooth.

This forum has been such a help along the way I am not sure how I would have made it without the advice of the friendly people on here.

Jason

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Timeline
Yep, my appointment is with Dr Yates. I thought that was odd too when you said you were nearly naked for the entire exam. It doesn't seem necessary for the examination he needs to do. It kinda makes the doctor sound like a bit of a perv. I'll let you know how my appointment goes.

I would have been annoyed with that woman at the medical centre too. She could have at least said politely that they'll call you when your results are ready. Do we have to pick up the results from the medical centre or will they mail them out?

You pick them up from their office - it's very easy to get to, it's actually part of central station. They can mail them to you, but they prefer not to. The only time they will not get you to pick up your results is if there is something very wrong with you. Speaking of medicals, they called me today and I can pick up my results in the morning. Yay!

LOL @ nosiness - supposed to meet my cousin there. She hates LAX too and doesn't want to sit around for a few hours. Think she would for me - but NO!

Ahhh. I've only been downtown a few times, one was to go to the fashion district, another was to go to the Staples Center for a game, and then I had a conference for Uni that was over three days. It's okay if you are with someone, but it's a bit of a wasteland!

#UPDATE#

Got my police check in the mail today! A bit disappointed in it to be honest, not with the outcome of course, because it says I have a clean record (YAY!), but it looks like someone just made it up while they had some free time at school! My mum actually laughed at it. It doesn't look very official at all. Oh well, at least I have it right? So, since I am picking up my medical tomorrow, I am going to mail in packet three! I have to send them my medical though, do I send my xrays too? Since I will get that back anyway, right? Has anyone not sent the xrays and just brought them with you to the interview? Any suggestions for my packet three are appreciated :)

So, since I'm sending it tomorrow, I hope I can get an interview in the second week of December!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

You pick them up from their office - it's very easy to get to, it's actually part of central station. They can mail them to you, but they prefer not to. The only time they will not get you to pick up your results is if there is something very wrong with you. Speaking of medicals, they called me today and I can pick up my results in the morning. Yay!

#UPDATE#

Got my police check in the mail today! A bit disappointed in it to be honest, not with the outcome of course, because it says I have a clean record (YAY!), but it looks like someone just made it up while they had some free time at school! My mum actually laughed at it. It doesn't look very official at all. Oh well, at least I have it right? So, since I am picking up my medical tomorrow, I am going to mail in packet three! I have to send them my medical though, do I send my xrays too? Since I will get that back anyway, right? Has anyone not sent the xrays and just brought them with you to the interview? Any suggestions for my packet three are appreciated :)

So, since I'm sending it tomorrow, I hope I can get an interview in the second week of December!

I was kind of hoping to get out of having to take another trip to the city just for that purpose but at least I wouldn't have to wait for them to mail the results I guess.

As far as I know you don't need to send your x-rays with P3 or take them to the interview. You must take them when you move to the US though.

I called NVC again tonight, our file is on it's way to the Sydney Consulate. :) I'm going to go get my police check done tomorrow if I can. I'm so glad thing are finally starting to go quickly for us. I've got my fingers crossed that I will have my appointment before the end of the year.

:lol: Did your police check come on the fancy blue paper too? :rofl:

You don't need to send your x-rays. Only the results of the medical. And you don't need to take the x-ray to Sydney with you either. Just make sure you bring it with you when you move here

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline
I was kind of hoping to get out of having to take another trip to the city just for that purpose but at least I wouldn't have to wait for them to mail the results I guess.

As far as I know you don't need to send your x-rays with P3 or take them to the interview. You must take them when you move to the US though.

I called NVC again tonight, our file is on it's way to the Sydney Consulate. :) I'm going to go get my police check done tomorrow if I can. I'm so glad thing are finally starting to go quickly for us. I've got my fingers crossed that I will have my appointment before the end of the year.

Yay! I'm glad things are back on track for you. With the police check, if 10 business days have passed and you haven't gotten it back, call police HQ in the city. A girl called Kristin is in charge of sending them out, her extension is 6979. If you call her, she can tell you if the check is complete or if it has been mailed out. If the check is still in the last stages of processing, she can hurry it up for you, if you ask her nicely. I did that :)

You don't need to send your x-rays. Only the results of the medical. And you don't need to take the x-ray to Sydney with you either. Just make sure you bring it with you when you move here

Yup, it's very fancy paper. I think they got the best paper money could buy from officeworks :lol:

Hey All,

- How did you meet

Carol

Congratulations!!!!! :thumbs:

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Yay! I'm glad things are back on track for you. With the police check, if 10 business days have passed and you haven't gotten it back, call police HQ in the city. A girl called Kristin is in charge of sending them out, her extension is 6979. If you call her, she can tell you if the check is complete or if it has been mailed out. If the check is still in the last stages of processing, she can hurry it up for you, if you ask her nicely. I did that :)

Yup, it's very fancy paper. I think they got the best paper money could buy from officeworks :lol:

Thanks for the info. Seeing as the consulate will have my file by the time the police check is done I'm just going to have it sent directly there. I was a little worried before (when we didn't know where our case was) to get the medical and police check in case CIS changed their mind about giving me the visa and we'd loose more money. Lol.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks guys, this information is amazing. We are starting the K1 process in Jan 2010, and after reading all your information I'm less scared and more confident that we CAN do this. I'm sure that it wont take the million questions I have away, but great to hear other Aussies have been though it. Thanks

Service Center :--California Service Center

Consulate :--------Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent :-------2010-01-11

I-129F NOA1 :------2010-01-14

I-129F NOA2 :------2010-02-25

NVC Received :---2010-03-06

My heart breaks with every step, but each piece finds its way home to you.

8y3dhli3u.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I took a few emails, a few photos, a copy of the ring receipt and a few boarding passes and receipts from my last trip to NY. They didnt ask to see any of it at all though but best take some things incase required.

Good luck with your interview and keep us updated.

Hey All,

- How did you meet

Carol

What type of relationship evidence did you take and how much?

I am so nervous about all this stuff.

I have booked my flights and Hotel so it is just a waiting game now until the day and just hope it all goes smooth.

This forum has been such a help along the way I am not sure how I would have made it without the advice of the friendly people on here.

Jason

Timeline

Packet Three went in the mail today, express to sydney, so they should get it tomorrow morning. I was such a bundle of nerves at the GPO, checking and rechecking that the forms were right and O had all the right gear in there. I annoyed the lady at the window, I think because I was so anxious. But it's out of my hands now :)

Packet Three went in the mail today, express to sydney, so they should get it tomorrow morning. I was such a bundle of nerves at the GPO, checking and rechecking that the forms were right and O had all the right gear in there. I annoyed the lady at the window, I think because I was so anxious. But it's out of my hands now :)

Good luck! Our packet 3 will be going out in the next couple of days. And I'm flying over to Melbourne next friday! Cant wait to get away from the Seattle rain and into some summer weather lol.

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.