VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

On another note, a question about the Ds-230, 1 & 2. Questions 14 through 18 ask for my spouses name and information. I say "N/A" since alex is still my fiance and not my spouse, right?

I put N/A as well, like you said we are not married yet. During the interview the interviewer scribbled "To be" next to spouse and asked me to fill in Cindy's details in those spots, I think it was a test at how well I knew Cindy's details. So just put "N/A" :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
How was Dr Waks? I'm always a bit nervous seeing a doctor I've never seen before.

If I've already had Chicken Pox & MMR shots do I need to get that blood test. I know I've had the MMR shot, and I know I had chicken pox when I was a kid. Hope my Doctor has my immunisation record, he's just moved and when my Dad asked him he said it might be there, but might not, I HATE shots! (Nor can I afford to get a million of them!)

Thanks for the knowledge NYSyd - was happy to get an appointment next week.

Dr Waks is actually really nice.. Its all routine stuff so dont be nervous..

The only shot I needed was a tetnus / whooping cough shot which is required in the US every 10 years.. It cost around $40.00

Just letting you know that you will need to leave his office and walk up the street to go to do your chest xray and blood work.. Are you familiar with Sydney?

The whole process takes around 2 hours or so.. good luck

How was Dr Waks? I'm always a bit nervous seeing a doctor I've never seen before.

If I've already had Chicken Pox & MMR shots do I need to get that blood test. I know I've had the MMR shot, and I know I had chicken pox when I was a kid. Hope my Doctor has my immunisation record, he's just moved and when my Dad asked him he said it might be there, but might not, I HATE shots! (Nor can I afford to get a million of them!)

The only shot I needed was a tetnus / whooping cough shot which is required in the US every 10 years.. It cost around $40.00

Just letting you know that you will need to leave his office and walk up the street to go to do your chest xray and blood work.. Are you familiar with Sydney?

LOL its so funny they make people coming over here get the tetanus shot. You ask most americans, me included when was the last time we had one....and the majority of the response is, "I dont remember." hehe, I was joking with Damien about it last week that he would probably have to get one, and he asked me when i had my last. Yep no clue.

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

Yeah i agree... Like its not mandatory for all americans to ensure they get the shot every 10 years so I dont really know why they make it a requirement.. oh well all we can do is comply by the rules :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just wanted to update...

K sent in his package 3 materials monday by express mail and was emailed the next day with his visa interview date of Nov 24th!

Talk about fast responses, the sydney embassy certainly doesn't waste much time in setting these up. They must have received his package, gone through it and set up an interview date, emailed it out within a matter of a few hours.....

:)

S.

Timeline

I don't know Sydney very well. I think I'm going to push this back, as I have exams atm and don't need the visa till Feb.

Alex: who did you contact at your local council? I dunno about child brides (given I'm the groom especially!) many of my friends got married in their early 20s, but I'm a Christian so perhaps a bit of an incentive to marry younger.

I had a tetnus shot in 99 so figured they'd make me get one.

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-24

NVC Received : 2009-10-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-27

Consulate Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-06

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-11

Interview Date : 2010-02-09 - APPROVED!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2010-02-16

Just wanted to update...

K sent in his package 3 materials monday by express mail and was emailed the next day with his visa interview date of Nov 24th!

Talk about fast responses, the sydney embassy certainly doesn't waste much time in setting these up. They must have received his package, gone through it and set up an interview date, emailed it out within a matter of a few hours.....

S.

lucky you, me they made us hang for 3 days :P

Just wanted to update...

S.

Awesome! Looks like they are still keeping the two week trend going, lets hope it stays like that for the rest of us! Me and Damo have had a change in plans. The tickets to fly over after christmas sky rocketed, but when we checked yesteday V australia has round trip tickets for $1335 usd if i fly over on November 27th. So if the prices hold til the end of this week, looks like I'll be in Aus by the end of this month, lol. I cant wait! We are going to send our packet 3 in as soon as he has my paperwork in hand, so hopefully they will schedule the interview while I'm there. Keeping my fingers crossed that this all falls into place.

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

posting my packet 3 back today so lets see how long before they schedule an interview? would like to get it done before Christmas if I can :)

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

posting my packet 3 back today so lets see how long before they schedule an interview? would like to get it done before Christmas if I can :)

judging by the recent timelines, you should get it pretty quickly :thumbs:. I sent my packet 3 and got the packet 4 email 2 days later, the interview was 2 weeks after that. Good luck

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Timeline

judging by the recent timelines, you should get it pretty quickly :thumbs:. I sent my packet 3 and got the packet 4 email 2 days later, the interview was 2 weeks after that. Good luck

We just sent our Packet 3 in recently, and sure enough, it was a 2 day response time for the interview date (and interview was scheduled on a Tuesday, approx. 2 weeks later just like all the others).

Jul 22, 2009: I-129F Sent

Jul 30, 2009: I-129F NOA1

Oct 09, 2009: I-129F NOA2

Oct 13, 2009: NVC received

Oct 21, 2009: NVC sent to Sydney

Oct 26, 2009: Sydney Received

Oct 27, 2009: Packet 3 email received

Nov 02, 2009: Packet 3 sent

Nov 04, 2009: Packet 4 received

Nov 24, 2009: Interview scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Alex: who did you contact at your local council? I dunno about child brides (given I'm the groom especially!) many of my friends got married in their early 20s, but I'm a Christian so perhaps a bit of an incentive to marry younger.

Alex is the USC, I'm Astrid, the aussie :)

Sorry, child bride is a joke between me and my friends...It's ironic, since I'm not the first to walk down the aisle, but I am the youngest out of my circle of friends. Alex and I have known each other since we were 17, and have been together four and a half years...we were bound to seal the deal at a young age!

Just a thought to pose to everyone - I know Sydney has my package, they got it Monday, but I still haven't gotten a Packet 3, in hardcopy at my house here in Brisbane or via email to Alex. It's been nearly three days since they got it, and everyone else seems to have gotten Packet 3 within a day or so. Should I be worried or am I being silly? Oh, have my medical tomorrow, first thing with Dr. Yates in Brisbane.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Alex is the USC, I'm Astrid, the aussie :)

Sorry, child bride is a joke between me and my friends...It's ironic, since I'm not the first to walk down the aisle, but I am the youngest out of my circle of friends. Alex and I have known each other since we were 17, and have been together four and a half years...we were bound to seal the deal at a young age!

Just a thought to pose to everyone - I know Sydney has my package, they got it Monday, but I still haven't gotten a Packet 3, in hardcopy at my house here in Brisbane or via email to Alex. It's been nearly three days since they got it, and everyone else seems to have gotten Packet 3 within a day or so. Should I be worried or am I being silly? Oh, have my medical tomorrow, first thing with Dr. Yates in Brisbane.

Dont worry about packet 3. It took a few days after it actually showed signed for it that they acknowledged having it. I rechecked my timeline and it took approx 7 days from nvc out til i got my packet 3 via email. You will have it this week I'm sure ;)

ROC

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

Well the consulate must have heard me whinging and we got packet three today, at lunchtime! I sent back the DS-230 today while I was at work (I hope I don't get in trouble for filling it out in pen, and handwriting my additional answers!) It was sent via email to both Alex and I, so they must have gotten my email from when I contacted them a few days back asking if they had my packet yet :) I should get my medical results on Monday or Tuesday, and hopefully have the police check by next week (it's been two weeks since I filed for it), so then I can send the rest of packet three and get my interview. Whoo hoo!

Timeline

UGH! VJ will not let me edit my posts at all!!! Sorry for the doubles, everyone!

So, I had my medical today, here is what went down -

I saw Dr J. Yates, at the Anzac Square Medical Center in Brisbane City at 9am. Got there at about quarter to, handed over my paperwork and was instructed to go upstairs to do my urine test first. I had the forethought to skoll an iced coffee before my appointment, it always makes me want to pee! Giving the sample is so awkward though, the only time in my life I wished I was a guy, just to make easier!! Came back into the waiting room, handed back my sample, still feeling very awkward, until the receptionist thanked me for making photocopies of all my records and passport and being so organise :)

Went in to the doctor at about 9.20, he started by looking at all my vaccine stuff and writing it on the form. I had all the vaccs I needed, score! We then went though the questionaire, and got a laugh when we got to the pregnancy question, I said that I hadn't seen Alex in five months so it was a bit hard! He then got me to undress, did height and weight, checked my lungs and heart and abdomen, checked for hernias. Come to think of it, I was undressed for the majority of my medical, which I thought was a bit odd. Since when do you have to be nearly naked to have your lungs listened to? Then came the blood test, he ignored me when I asked him to take blood from my left arm, since I know the veins in my right suck, he tried my right arm TWICE and could not get a vein! Switched to my left and got one, but it was really painful. I've never had bloodwork hurt so much! He finished up with a quick breast exam and that was it. I felt pretty lighteaded after the bloods though, I think because the needles were in my arms for so long, especially in my right arm, and I started to freak out a little bit and get panicky because I could feel it moving around in my arm.

I was done with Yates in about 40 mins and he said there should be no problems with the results. I asked the receptionist if I could have a copy of my results when I got them, for my own usage, and they said the envelope is not sealed, unless there is something very wrong, so I could make copies myself.

Then had to walk two blocks to get my chest xray, waited about half an hour to be seen as they were very busy. Got called, changed into the sexy gown and joked with the tech that I was ready for my photo session. She said that my face wouldn't be in it and I said that was ok because it would be of my chest and it was my best asset :) The tech got the xray in one shot and I got to see it before it was printed. Was pretty cool to see my insides, and the tech pointed out my stomach, which was full of my iced coffee still lol. Overall my lungs look great. What was funny is I asked if my lungs looked okay, and the tech asked if I was a smoker, which I said I wasn't. Her reason for asking was that my question was one that the smokers always ask!

All in all, pretty good experience apart from the final bill and my now very sore arms from the bloodwork!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.