VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just thought I'd update: I have my packet 3.

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-24

NVC Received : 2009-10-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-27

Consulate Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-06

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-11

Interview Date : 2010-02-09 - APPROVED!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2010-02-16

Congrats Warren and Cindy!

Got Alex's package in the mail today with his Affidavit of Support and all that jazz. I'm going to list what he sent me, plus what I am considering as bringing as evidence to the interview to our show ongoing relationship. Can you guys give me your opinion on it, what I can skip and what I may be missing?

Alex sent me -

I-134, filled in and signed

HIs most recent Federal and State tax return

A letter from his employer, on company letterhead, stating his continued employ there since November 2003, his role at the company and his current salary.

Letter from Chase bank, stating how long his account has been open, and his current balance (it's a fax, will it matter?)

Three recent paychecks

A year's worth of bank statements from WaMu/Chase

An etrade printout showing the worth of his stocks

The sale agreement of his car, showing it's worth

Our NOA1

His Birth Certificate (A certified copy from the LA county clerk, he has never had the 'original')

Both the envelopes and notes that I have sent him over the past few months

We got our NOA2 hardcopy the day after he sent this to me, so he is sending that, plus an updated letter of intent today.

For our proof of ongoing relationship, I'm bringing -

Printouts of his Verizon phone bill, showing phonecalls and texts to and from Australia (I'm on vodafone prepaid so I don't have proof...only on my actual phone!)

Printouts of our Skype call logs

A selection of emails over the time since I came back to Australia (should include all the naughty ones, lol)

The notebook with all our wedding planning stuff in it

Pics from our engagement party and from my college graduation in June, the last lot of pictures of us together

And of course, my copy of our original submission

Thankyou for any input you can give me! Hope you are all having a good week :)

there can never be too much info :) take it all.

Word of warning, only thing you can take upstairs with you is your paper work, everything else must be left down stairs, have it all in a single file you can carry, i went to office works and got and expanding folder to put it all in, not that they asked me for any of it lol but its safer to have more than you need :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks...yeah, Ive been for a visa interview before and I had to leave everything downstairs except for my visa stuff. Will go get an expanding folder today.

In terms of evidence, what did you bring to your interview?

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Thanks...yeah, Ive been for a visa interview before and I had to leave everything downstairs except for my visa stuff. Will go get an expanding folder today.

In terms of evidence, what did you bring to your interview?

Photos, skype logs, gtalk logs (well not all, there was 700+ chats lol), phone logs, samples of chats, samples of email, receipts for the rings, receipts for flowers and birday card and xmas cards

Congrats Warren and Cindy!

Got Alex's package in the mail today with his Affidavit of Support and all that jazz. I'm going to list what he sent me, plus what I am considering as bringing as evidence to the interview to our show ongoing relationship. Can you guys give me your opinion on it, what I can skip and what I may be missing?

Alex sent me -

I-134, filled in and signed

HIs most recent Federal and State tax return

A letter from his employer, on company letterhead, stating his continued employ there since November 2003, his role at the company and his current salary.

Letter from Chase bank, stating how long his account has been open, and his current balance (it's a fax, will it matter?)

Three recent paychecks

A year's worth of bank statements from WaMu/Chase

An etrade printout showing the worth of his stocks

The sale agreement of his car, showing it's worth

Our NOA1

His Birth Certificate (A certified copy from the LA county clerk, he has never had the 'original')

Both the envelopes and notes that I have sent him over the past few months

We got our NOA2 hardcopy the day after he sent this to me, so he is sending that, plus an updated letter of intent today.

For our proof of ongoing relationship, I'm bringing -

Printouts of his Verizon phone bill, showing phonecalls and texts to and from Australia (I'm on vodafone prepaid so I don't have proof...only on my actual phone!)

Printouts of our Skype call logs

A selection of emails over the time since I came back to Australia (should include all the naughty ones, lol)

The notebook with all our wedding planning stuff in it

Pics from our engagement party and from my college graduation in June, the last lot of pictures of us together

And of course, my copy of our original submission

Thankyou for any input you can give me! Hope you are all having a good week :)

Is it necessary to have a copy of the petitioners birth certificate? I have mine to go with Packet 3 but I wasn't going to get my fiance to send his to me. Now that you said that I'm wondering if his is required....I didn't see anywhere that it was.

Does anyone know if evidence of our engagement is necessary or would just evidence of our relationship be enough proof? I'm a little worried about this because we are planning on just going to the courthouse to get married so we don't have any other specific wedding plans, I don't have an engagement ring (yet) and we aren't having an engagement party either (I'm not very traditional). Other than my word and our letters of intent I really don't have any other actual proof that we are engaged.

Timeline

hi Giggles,

I recently submitted my paper work and I didnt include a copy of my partners birth certificate. I wouldnt stress that as its not required.

Also i did not provide proof of engagement such as plans for wedding etc. I just included the letter on intent that were orginally provided when we first submitted our paperwork. I did include some emails and a recent trip boarding passes that I took to the US.

I plan on taking more proof of relationship when I attend my interview

Hope this helps..

Timeline

Called NVC today, our case was sent to Sydney November 4th (US Time)!

Called NVC today, our case was sent to Sydney November 4th (US Time)!

Yay!!!!!! Congrats! I know you are super excited, cant wait to hear how the rest goes ;)

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

$342 for a doctors appointment?

Wow this whole exercies is costing mote than the wedding and flights combined!

That's with Dr Waks, would it have been better to go with Dr Millar?

Edited by Omnivore

Visa Received :

Timeline

They are both around the same price.. I went with Dr Waks too..

You also may have to pay for additional vaccinations you may require.

$342 for a doctors appointment?

Wow this whole exercies is costing mote than the wedding and flights combined!

That's with Dr Waks, would it have been better to go with Dr Millar?

Timeline

How was Dr Waks? I'm always a bit nervous seeing a doctor I've never seen before.

If I've already had Chicken Pox & MMR shots do I need to get that blood test. I know I've had the MMR shot, and I know I had chicken pox when I was a kid. Hope my Doctor has my immunisation record, he's just moved and when my Dad asked him he said it might be there, but might not, I HATE shots! (Nor can I afford to get a million of them!)

Thanks for the knowledge NYSyd - was happy to get an appointment next week.

Visa Received :

Timeline
How was Dr Waks? I'm always a bit nervous seeing a doctor I've never seen before.

If I've already had Chicken Pox & MMR shots do I need to get that blood test. I know I've had the MMR shot, and I know I had chicken pox when I was a kid. Hope my Doctor has my immunisation record, he's just moved and when my Dad asked him he said it might be there, but might not, I HATE shots! (Nor can I afford to get a million of them!)

Thanks for the knowledge NYSyd - was happy to get an appointment next week.

How old are you? I am 22, and I got a lot of my shots when I was in high school. Just contact all the local councils that you lived in if you are missing any proof. I was able to get all my records from across three different states pretty easily. I also would not worry about your doctor moving, as it is the practice that your doctor is based at that would have the record, not the actual doctor. Unless your doctor was by themself at their own practice?

I had chicken pox as a kid too, but I had no valid proof - All I have is the memory of me having them, plus my mum always telling the story that once I had it, she tried desparatley to give it to my younger brother too. He didn't :) But, I told my doctor that I wanted to have proof, and she referred be for bloodwork, and she requested it be bulk billed. She had be tested for rubella also, seeing as I might want to get pregnant in the next few years. I would get the bloodwork to be safe, I'd hate to have to pay for the shot!

Timeline

I am 22, I went through NSW health, they only returned one match. I know I had at least 4 shots in school, I think they're only allowed to search so many dates.

They said I needed the MMR & Chickenpox bloodwork. I do have a chickenpox scar :P

Visa Received :

Timeline

hmm, that's strange for NSW health to not turn up anything, but my shots were not on the national datebase either, because I was too old. Call the shore or council that your high school was in, they will have the records.

22 like me huh? We are child brides ;)

On another note, a question about the Ds-230, 1 & 2. Questions 14 through 18 ask for my spouses name and information. I say "N/A" since alex is still my fiance and not my spouse, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.