VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi guys

Just a quick update

I got the visa in my passport and that mysterious brown envelope today! I can finally relax :)

Bri gets here on Thursday and I can't wait to see him!

Hope you are all having a good week. Good luck to those who are having their interviews tomorrow and in the coming weeks

yay Natalie! Visa in hand and a visit from your man. what a happy girl you must be. relax and enjoy this stress-less time. You are planning a Feb. 20 wedding too, right?

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

So, just went and got my police check done. Went to Indooroopilly Station with my mum, spoke to an officer about getting the check. He expressed suprise that I was the one requesting the check, as according to him, US visas usually involve the FBI asking for the check. But after I explained to him that all Fiancee Visa beneficiaries are name checked through US databases when they originally petition, he understood. He also explained to me that it didn't matter if I got the check sent to myself or directly to the consulate, it was our choice, as it is just the certificate and nothing else.

I then filled in the form, got my Mum to witness it for me, and then had to write my full name, DOB and address on the two sheets on fingerprint paper. Then the officer took me into the back of the station and did two sets of prints on me. He poked a bit of fun at me too, since I was wearing a white singlet and pale skirt...not the perfect combo for black ink! But, the outfit remained unscathed :) After we were done, he told me if I had not heard anything in a month to come in and ask them where it was.

Too easy, apart from the $158.45 fee.

Grrr.....it annoys me that I was told they couldn't send the police check to me. I could have had it done already! :angry:

Timeline
So, just went and got my police check done. Went to Indooroopilly Station with my mum, spoke to an officer about getting the check. He expressed suprise that I was the one requesting the check, as according to him, US visas usually involve the FBI asking for the check. But after I explained to him that all Fiancee Visa beneficiaries are name checked through US databases when they originally petition, he understood. He also explained to me that it didn't matter if I got the check sent to myself or directly to the consulate, it was our choice, as it is just the certificate and nothing else.

I then filled in the form, got my Mum to witness it for me, and then had to write my full name, DOB and address on the two sheets on fingerprint paper. Then the officer took me into the back of the station and did two sets of prints on me. He poked a bit of fun at me too, since I was wearing a white singlet and pale skirt...not the perfect combo for black ink! But, the outfit remained unscathed :) After we were done, he told me if I had not heard anything in a month to come in and ask them where it was.

Too easy, apart from the $158.45 fee.

Grrr.....it annoys me that I was told they couldn't send the police check to me. I could have had it done already! :angry:

Yeah...if only everyone had their story straight.

Awww yay Natalie!!!!! :dance: Congrats, that is so nice to hear! Here is mine and Damos plan of attack: Im buying my plane ticket in two weeks hoping the prices stay atleast around 2000 american so I can fly over on Christmas day and stay until january 8th or 9th. We are getting the last of our docs for packet 3 together, waiting on Damos medical still which will be nov 17th. But we arent going to send in our packet 3 until around the 14th of december. If all goes well we will get an interview date while I am there (Consulate is only closed on christmas day 25th, and boxing day 28th, and new years day!) Hopefully the interview will fall either on the 29th or the 5th of January. If it does fall the week after I leave we figure it will just be another boarding pass we can add to our proof of seeing each other when he goes for the interview, cant hurt, hehe. Either way I get to see my sweety, and spend new years eve with him. Our last vacay together without my three kids jumping all over him, lol. *fingerscrossed it works :luv:

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Awww yay Natalie!!!!! :dance: Congrats, that is so nice to hear! Here is mine and Damos plan of attack: Im buying my plane ticket in two weeks hoping the prices stay atleast around 2000 american so I can fly over on Christmas day and stay until january 8th or 9th. We are getting the last of our docs for packet 3 together, waiting on Damos medical still which will be nov 17th. But we arent going to send in our packet 3 until around the 14th of december. If all goes well we will get an interview date while I am there (Consulate is only closed on christmas day 25th, and boxing day 28th, and new years day!) Hopefully the interview will fall either on the 29th or the 5th of January. If it does fall the week after I leave we figure it will just be another boarding pass we can add to our proof of seeing each other when he goes for the interview, cant hurt, hehe. Either way I get to see my sweety, and spend new years eve with him. Our last vacay together without my three kids jumping all over him, lol. *fingerscrossed it works :luv:

Sounds like a good plan lyekka! I hope you get to be at the interview to hold your honey's hand, but also so you can party together afterwards!

Astrid - we booked the House of Blues New Orleans for Feb 20th! Brian paid the deposit, and my parents and friends who are coming to wedding have booked their flights, so we are all set :) Are you guys still planing on the 20th Feb too? Are you planning a honeymoon?

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!

flying out on the 20th November :D

Yay!! Congratulations!! :)

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Timeline

Sounds like a good plan lyekka! I hope you get to be at the interview to hold your honey's hand, but also so you can party together afterwards!

Astrid - we booked the House of Blues New Orleans for Feb 20th! Brian paid the deposit, and my parents and friends who are coming to wedding have booked their flights, so we are all set :) Are you guys still planing on the 20th Feb too? Are you planning a honeymoon?

Yay! We are still aiming for the 20th too, and the way things are going, it looks like that will be the date. Our case is already at NVC and will probably be at Sydney next week. My dad is itching to buy tickets but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. I don't want him to book until I know I have my interview date.

We're not going to go on our honeymoon right away, because Alex is doing his masters and can't get extended time off. So we are waiting until the summer to take ours, in the hope I will have my AP or even my green card so we can go the the bahamas. If not, it will be hawaii! Are you guys honeymooning?

Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!

flying out on the 20th November :D

Awesome!!!! Congrats! Wow you get to be here for Thanksgiving and Christmas how cool is that!

We are planning on a honeymoon to Hawaii, or maybe a cruise to Alaska since the boats leave from Seattle. Damo isnt coming over right away, but staying and saving a little more money for it so looks like our wedding might be a little later this coming spring. Living in Seattle the early part of the year is really rainy so its better if we try to hold off until atleast April to get married in hopes that the weather is better. We found a beautiful place up the coast called Ruby Beach where we are going to do it. Thought having the wedding on the pacific was poetic since its what seperated us for so long. Either way I get to see my sweety next month, I so cant wait!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

ok a bit more on yesterdays events :)

Well I’m home in Melbourne and I’ve slept lol was really hot in Sydney yesterday was 38C (100F) was so glad to finally get home to a cooler Melbourne, plane was delayed by 45 min though ><

Day started early, real early, bed in the hotel was hard so I didn't sleep too well, was up about 3am. No internet as they say it was working but nothing would download (spent an hour or two the night before with the tech ><) so I watched some TV until about 6 then hunted down some breakfast, ended up at McDonalds, ate that and returned to my room, door wouldn't open, back down to reception, he does something to the card, back up, still no joy, back down to reception, says sounds like the battery is flat in the door (omg is this how the days going to be like, i start to think) he comes up with me and opens the door say I'll have to come get one of them to open the door till they can get the battery replaced later (#######?) so i go and get ready for the interview.

I check out of the hotel at 9am (interview was at 10am and store everything at reception but the paperwork and my phone, head to Consulate and get there about 9:15am get to reception (Level 10 MLC centre) and they say I need to check in my phone there (level 10). The paper work/proof of relationship stuff goes through x-ray and I go through the metal detector and I then get sent to level 59 and I take a number for k visa then sit down and wait for my number to be called.

What seems like an eternity later (15 min? my phone is my time piece lol) I get called to a window, girl asks for the stuff they ask for in packet 4 (passport, 3kg return address satchel, receipt of payment for visa) she takes my finger prints and asks me some more stuff and she says to go back and sit down and that I’ll be called to another window for the interview soon.

Another eternity later (30 min?) I get called to another window, give another finger print (just one and told to raise my right hand and swear that what I tell her is the truth. she asks me questions, most of which if written on the forms, like where Cindy lived and what she does for work, how we met, what interests she has, general stuff. then she got me to sign the form and she said those magic words "Visa approved"!!

I was shaking when I left and very emotional, got my phone back, talked to Cindy told her the news, rang my parents, and in form a multitude of people both in Australia and in the US of the outcome :)

So the day started out bad, but the middle bit, though nerve racking, turned out good :D

So now it's off to the US on the 20th november, Marrying on the 25th, Honeymooning in Florida after Thanks giving :D (yes disney world :P)

I'd say don'y be nervous about the interview, but who are we kidding lol, its hard not to be. My words of advice, be prepared and things will go well :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats Warren and thanks for sharing your experience. Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your honeymoon.

Jul 22, 2009: I-129F Sent

Jul 30, 2009: I-129F NOA1

Oct 09, 2009: I-129F NOA2

Oct 13, 2009: NVC received

Oct 21, 2009: NVC sent to Sydney

Oct 26, 2009: Sydney Received

Oct 27, 2009: Packet 3 email received

Nov 02, 2009: Packet 3 sent

Nov 04, 2009: Packet 4 received

Nov 24, 2009: Interview scheduled

Booked my medical today, for November 12th, with Dr Yates in Brisbane. Total cost looks like $481, which includes the Medical, Chest Xray and Blood test. A $100 deposit is required to be paid, nonrefundable and must be paid at least two days before my appointment. If I don't show up, I lose the deposit.

My one went quite quick was all done in around 1.5hrs

Only had to get two shots which was about $90 extra I think so all pretty quick.

will be sending back all my paperwork either Friday or Monday and then just wait for interview :)

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Timeline

Congrats Warren and Cindy!

Got Alex's package in the mail today with his Affidavit of Support and all that jazz. I'm going to list what he sent me, plus what I am considering as bringing as evidence to the interview to our show ongoing relationship. Can you guys give me your opinion on it, what I can skip and what I may be missing?

Alex sent me -

I-134, filled in and signed

HIs most recent Federal and State tax return

A letter from his employer, on company letterhead, stating his continued employ there since November 2003, his role at the company and his current salary.

Letter from Chase bank, stating how long his account has been open, and his current balance (it's a fax, will it matter?)

Three recent paychecks

A year's worth of bank statements from WaMu/Chase

An etrade printout showing the worth of his stocks

The sale agreement of his car, showing it's worth

Our NOA1

His Birth Certificate (A certified copy from the LA county clerk, he has never had the 'original')

Both the envelopes and notes that I have sent him over the past few months

We got our NOA2 hardcopy the day after he sent this to me, so he is sending that, plus an updated letter of intent today.

For our proof of ongoing relationship, I'm bringing -

Printouts of his Verizon phone bill, showing phonecalls and texts to and from Australia (I'm on vodafone prepaid so I don't have proof...only on my actual phone!)

Printouts of our Skype call logs

A selection of emails over the time since I came back to Australia (should include all the naughty ones, lol)

The notebook with all our wedding planning stuff in it

Pics from our engagement party and from my college graduation in June, the last lot of pictures of us together

And of course, my copy of our original submission

Thankyou for any input you can give me! Hope you are all having a good week :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.