VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

WE GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!! Alex just called me and I can't stop crying!!!!!

Tell you what, the buggers at CSC had me worried. The last touch we received on the 27th was our approval, but they didn't update the system to reflect that, it just looked like another touch! Alex got the NOA2 in the mail today. I'M SO HAPPY!

Congratulations!!! It's so exciting when you get the approval.

At the rate our case is going, you'll have your Packet 3 and interview before me so I'll be able to see if there are any problems with getting your police check sent to you. We still don't know what's happening with our case.....USCIS have put a tracer on our file and they better locate it soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Tell you what, the buggers at CSC had me worried. The last touch we received on the 27th was our approval, but they didn't update the system to reflect that, it just looked like another touch! Alex got the NOA2 in the mail today. I'M SO HAPPY!

Congratulations!!! It's so exciting when you get the approval.

At the rate our case is going, you'll have your Packet 3 and interview before me so I'll be able to see if there are any problems with getting your police check sent to you. We still don't know what's happening with our case.....USCIS have put a tracer on our file and they better locate it soon!

Yeah, I am going to head to Indro Station in a little while to get that set in motion. I'll tell you everything they tell me. And hopefully your case is found soon, or they will have a hoard of angry VJ'ers after them :/

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

Congratulations! It's all so fast from here so you'll be with Alex in no time! Good luck!

Timeline

Thanks Vanessa! And the countdown is on for you, a week til the wedding! :)

So, just went and got my police check done. Went to Indooroopilly Station with my mum, spoke to an officer about getting the check. He expressed suprise that I was the one requesting the check, as according to him, US visas usually involve the FBI asking for the check. But after I explained to him that all Fiancee Visa beneficiaries are name checked through US databases when they originally petition, he understood. He also explained to me that it didn't matter if I got the check sent to myself or directly to the consulate, it was our choice, as it is just the certificate and nothing else.

I then filled in the form, got my Mum to witness it for me, and then had to write my full name, DOB and address on the two sheets on fingerprint paper. Then the officer took me into the back of the station and did two sets of prints on me. He poked a bit of fun at me too, since I was wearing a white singlet and pale skirt...not the perfect combo for black ink! But, the outfit remained unscathed :) After we were done, he told me if I had not heard anything in a month to come in and ask them where it was.

Too easy, apart from the $158.45 fee.

congratz

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Thats Awesome!! Congratulations :D

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats!! :thumbs: ... I feel like cryng with you!!

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Timeline

Thanks for all the congrats! Such a feeling of relief to get that NOA2. Thinking happy thoughts for all of you too!

congrats on the approval and glad to hear you got your police check done!

have you made an appointment for your medical exam yet?

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

After we were done, he told me if I had not heard anything in a month to come in and ask them where it was.

If it's not convenient for you to pop by the police station there is a number you can call at Police HQ (who process the prints) and they can tell you exactly when it was completed and sent back. It should be on your receipt somewhere, otherwise if you can't find it let me know and I can get it for you

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

I'm going to call and book the medical today. And I'm lucky, the police station is next door to where I work so I can duck my head in there when I go to and from :)

how long from when you get the visa do you have before you have to leave Australia and enter the US? I had heard 90 days or 3 months but not sure how accurate this is and just want to check as I want to enter on or about the 12th Feb so just want to try and time stuff as it looks like I could get my interview pretty quick once lodged based on others times.

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
how long from when you get the visa do you have before you have to leave Australia and enter the US? I had heard 90 days or 3 months but not sure how accurate this is and just want to check as I want to enter on or about the 12th Feb so just want to try and time stuff as it looks like I could get my interview pretty quick once lodged based on others times.

You have 6 months to enter the US from the date your visa is granted..

Hi guys

Just a quick update

I got the visa in my passport and that mysterious brown envelope today! I can finally relax :)

Bri gets here on Thursday and I can't wait to see him!

Hope you are all having a good week. Good luck to those who are having their interviews tomorrow and in the coming weeks

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Timeline

Booked my medical today, for November 12th, with Dr Yates in Brisbane. Total cost looks like $481, which includes the Medical, Chest Xray and Blood test. A $100 deposit is required to be paid, nonrefundable and must be paid at least two days before my appointment. If I don't show up, I lose the deposit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.