VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

TY TY TY -- no was a dark haired lady who interviewed me...our package was in a pretty hot pink manila folder too LOL

Eh, mine was in a blah sandard issue beige manila folder. No sense of style the day I was there, clearly.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey, Matt if you're still checking out this forum - I had my medical through Dr Miller, in Adelaide.

I suggest you get started on it now because, in my case, there were a few steps involved. Here's what I had to do:

Called Dr Miller, who sent me an email with a checklist to follow.

Visited his rooms in North Adelaide with passport pics, ID, etc.

Walked around the corner for a blood test at IMVS, to find out what immunizations I needed.

At the same time, I'm screened for Syphilis etc. Can't remember the cost.

Had my chest xray at Dr Jone's rooms in Prospect - as instructed by Dr Miller. Cost: $102.30

Received my results back from the immunization test and required tetanus dip and chickenpox

Asked my regular doc to give me these shots. (Dr Miller doesn't gives the shots himself.) Cost: around the $100 mark or more.

Made sure the doc wrote an official note to take to Dr Miller.

Had my medical with Dr Miller. Cost: $180

It took me a couple of weeks from start to finish, but I think you could speed up the process if you needed to.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Adelaide

Visa in hand -- I leave in 2 days :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited by TerriandEric

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Visa in hand -- I leave in 2 days :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

congratulations!! I'm so happy for you all! Have a safe flight!

Remember to pack snacks to eat, activities to do etc. I was REALLY thankful for my bottle of water and my minties & LeSnak's. :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Guys,

It's so great to read where everyone is at and things are going so well for everyone. We received our packet 3 on the 3rd March and I've sent off the first form, it was received on the 27th March. I'm starting to worry, I'm not ready, it all happened so fast, we sent out K-1 application on the 11 Jan 2010 and and I thought I would have more time. I have my medical booked in 2 weeks and next week going to get my police check. My fiance is coming over to visit in 5 weeks and was going to bring his forms (Form I-864) with him. Am I taking too long? our petition expires on the 24th June? He is coming on the 10 May for my sister's wedding?

I was talking so long to book stuff because I was waiting on my police check for Canada, (I lived there for over a year) and was told it would take in excess of 140days, thinking I would have time and need to file for an extension but they arrived yesterday. If I have everything ready to post in the first week he is here, that leave 5 weeks until it expires, pushing it?

I'm freaking out about the interview, we have been together for 2 years but my memory for things isn't great, I'm not one for knowing a date off the top of my head, I have to think about it, where we were etc. Is this going to be a problem, should I start studing? or am I getting myself worked up?

Ok I'm going to stop now, I think I'm panicking over everything. I would really appreciate any advice you can offer.

Service Center :--California Service Center

Consulate :--------Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent :-------2010-01-11

I-129F NOA1 :------2010-01-14

I-129F NOA2 :------2010-02-25

NVC Received :---2010-03-06

My heart breaks with every step, but each piece finds its way home to you.

8y3dhli3u.png

Timeline

Hi Guys,

It's so great to read where everyone is at and things are going so well for everyone. We received our packet 3 on the 3rd March and I've sent off the first form, it was received on the 27th March. I'm starting to worry, I'm not ready, it all happened so fast, we sent out K-1 application on the 11 Jan 2010 and and I thought I would have more time. I have my medical booked in 2 weeks and next week going to get my police check. My fiance is coming over to visit in 5 weeks and was going to bring his forms (Form I-864) with him. Am I taking too long? our petition expires on the 24th June? He is coming on the 10 May for my sister's wedding?

I was talking so long to book stuff because I was waiting on my police check for Canada, (I lived there for over a year) and was told it would take in excess of 140days, thinking I would have time and need to file for an extension but they arrived yesterday. If I have everything ready to post in the first week he is here, that leave 5 weeks until it expires, pushing it?

I'm freaking out about the interview, we have been together for 2 years but my memory for things isn't great, I'm not one for knowing a date off the top of my head, I have to think about it, where we were etc. Is this going to be a problem, should I start studing? or am I getting myself worked up?

Ok I'm going to stop now, I think I'm panicking over everything. I would really appreciate any advice you can offer.

First up, Hi! Congratulations on getting such a fast approval! Thats the funny thing about the K1 and the service centers, you can be prepared for a five months wait to be approved, then suddenly get approved when you least expect.

Sydney is pretty fast is booking your interview appointment, we have consistently seen appointments get booked two weeks after you send in your packet three. So, if you send it in with five weeks to spare, you theoretically should be fine. If need be, you can ask for an extension.

Do not freak out about the interview! We all freak out and there is no need - Sydney is one of the easiest consulates to get through. This is not to say we all waltz in without a care, we still bought lots of evidence with us just in case. They are not going to ask you lots of obscure dates, but you should try and have some key stuff down. If you look at the Reviews section up the top, search for Australia and people have written about their interview experience. Look at the questions they were asked to help yourself out. Personally, I wasn't asked about dates. I was asked if I had been to the states, how long was my longest visit, what degree did I get while I was studying in the states, explain my living situation with Alex during the time I was in the states, did my parents like Alex and what kind of wedding were were planning. If you do get flustered, just take a breath and be truthful that you are not good with dates.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congratulations on your marriage to Alex, I hope you have a long and happy life together, I guess the paper work is just beginning again?

Thank you so much for your advice Astrid, this is such a strange thing to go though, one min I feel like it's going to be ok and everything will work out, then the moment of panic comes and it's ridiculous. I stayed up late last night to call Jamie and of course he made me feel so much better.

Service Center :--California Service Center

Consulate :--------Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent :-------2010-01-11

I-129F NOA1 :------2010-01-14

I-129F NOA2 :------2010-02-25

NVC Received :---2010-03-06

My heart breaks with every step, but each piece finds its way home to you.

8y3dhli3u.png

Timeline

Congratulations on your marriage to Alex, I hope you have a long and happy life together, I guess the paper work is just beginning again?

Thank you so much for your advice Astrid, this is such a strange thing to go though, one min I feel like it's going to be ok and everything will work out, then the moment of panic comes and it's ridiculous. I stayed up late last night to call Jamie and of course he made me feel so much better.

Thank you!! Alex and I have been together since I was 18, so we are coming up on five years together. It was about time we got hitched ;) Actually, the AOS paperwork was much easier than the K1 paperwork, which was a pleasant surprise! It helps that you don't have to include all the evidence up front.

So guess now you will be bringing the date of your wedding forward? A year seems a little far away now :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys, just thought I'd check in here. I've been lurking in the background reading it all.

I'm still waiting for my NOA#2, but probably planning to do the police check & medical stuff in early June, in anticipation of the next phases: it's no issue (nothing special I need to take with me that I don't already have) to get the medical early, is it? (I'm in Melbourne if it helps)

Timeline

Hi guys, just thought I'd check in here. I've been lurking in the background reading it all.

I'm still waiting for my NOA#2, but probably planning to do the police check & medical stuff in early June, in anticipation of the next phases: it's no issue (nothing special I need to take with me that I don't already have) to get the medical early, is it? (I'm in Melbourne if it helps)

Shouldn't be a problem going in without the case number. Just make sure you ask them before you book your appointment :)

Good luck! I suggest starting the police check after 2 months from NOA1 because mine took almost a month and it really slowed me down.

Timeline

Shouldn't be a problem going in without the case number. Just make sure you ask them before you book your appointment :)

Good luck! I suggest starting the police check after 2 months from NOA1 because mine took almost a month and it really slowed me down.

Yeah, I would do that, but the boy is visiting Melbourne in May, so I will be otherwise occupied :innocent: My plan is to do the police check as soon as he leaves (which will be 1st week of June). I guess I could do it before he arrives mid-May, but then it might be too early (NOA1 was March 4).

Timeline

Yeah, I would do that, but the boy is visiting Melbourne in May, so I will be otherwise occupied :innocent: My plan is to do the police check as soon as he leaves (which will be 1st week of June). I guess I could do it before he arrives mid-May, but then it might be too early (NOA1 was March 4).

The police check only takes about half an hour to do, and it really can bite you in the bum with the time it takes. Though I didn't have a strict time schedule to stick to, my police check took ages and if I was short on time, it would have really hurt me. Plus, it's valid for 6 months and you only need it for the consulate, so you can afford to get it done sooner rather than later.

Hey all -- I arrived in Ohio on Saturday 10th April....I am still pinching myself that I am actually here with my man. It made me giggle to wake up yesterday morning to him uttering 'You are real..this isn't a dream' We are settling into a routine and getting everyone settled into the house and a wonderful life together. We have been exploring a little, taken heaps of photos and basically just enjoyed being together as a family. Nothing could be better then this. We now settle into preparing for our wedding in June.

I will post an in depth post about our trip over & POE (already did the review whilst sitting in LA airport whilst waiting for the flight to Charlotte LMAO!

Today it is raining here and only 38F (HOLY #######) Eric thinks its funny that I am wrapped in a sweater and sweat pants all the time ... but I feel the cold so heaven help me come winter with that white stuff!! Time to unpack the rest of my stuff & sort the wardrobe so I can put stuff away.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

We filed at the Vermont Service Center in January and are currently waiting for our NOA2. VSC is currently processing January filers, so hopefully anyday now is our day for NOA2!

I just found this Australian beneficiary topic and i am so glad becuase i have a few questions about getting ready for P3 and the interview.

I already filed for my police certificate about 3 weeks ago, so that should arrive soon. I have booked the date for my medical which is on May 11. It was very hard to get an appointment and i am wondering if we dont have the NOA2 by this date (hopefully we do, i a getting so anxious for it!!) can i still go to the appointment whithout our sydney consulate case number?

Also, in regards to the i-134 affidavit of support, is it necessary to have my finaces last three years tax returns? He is currently in a job in which he makes well over the 125% poverty guidelines so getting the letter from employer and bank statements are no problem. However, last year he was unemployed and his tax return for that year does not show that he made over the poverty guideline. Is this a problem? Does it only matter that he is over the 125% poverty guideline now, or does he also have to show that he was over the guideline in provious years?

I have read through this forum and you all seem so helpfull! Your responses will be much appreciated.

I am praying for NOA2 anyday now :yes:

Timeline

Hi everyone,

We filed at the Vermont Service Center in January and are currently waiting for our NOA2. VSC is currently processing January filers, so hopefully anyday now is our day for NOA2!

I just found this Australian beneficiary topic and i am so glad becuase i have a few questions about getting ready for P3 and the interview.

I already filed for my police certificate about 3 weeks ago, so that should arrive soon. I have booked the date for my medical which is on May 11. It was very hard to get an appointment and i am wondering if we dont have the NOA2 by this date (hopefully we do, i a getting so anxious for it!!) can i still go to the appointment whithout our sydney consulate case number?

Also, in regards to the i-134 affidavit of support, is it necessary to have my finaces last three years tax returns? He is currently in a job in which he makes well over the 125% poverty guidelines so getting the letter from employer and bank statements are no problem. However, last year he was unemployed and his tax return for that year does not show that he made over the poverty guideline. Is this a problem? Does it only matter that he is over the 125% poverty guideline now, or does he also have to show that he was over the guideline in provious years?

I have read through this forum and you all seem so helpfull! Your responses will be much appreciated.

I am praying for NOA2 anyday now :yes:

Hi!

For your medical, it depends on your doctor as to whether you can have your medical without your case number. For example, Dr Yates in Brisbane will not do the medical without the case number. Which state do you live in?

For Sydney, I only showed Alex's last tax return, which was his 2009 tax return. But, he has been in his current job for five years, so what he makes has been constant. I also had three months worth of his payslips, his employer letter and his bank statements. At Sydney, once they see that you make more than the 125 percent, they are satisfied. I think they just looked at the affidavit Alex did and were satisfied. But, I think you could submit all three years and they won't ding you for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.