VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
OMG I think you're my idol! I saw the cadbury chocie on the shelves but it's made here so tastes difft :( I'm having my family send me some for Christmas... and now that everyone I like's tried a piece i'm hiding it all !! mwah hahahahaha!

Thank you so much for the link! I tried www.worldmarket.com 'cause there's one here but the cadbury is made in the UK and tastes even worse than american cadbury :P

anytime!! there are a bunch more online stores, some on the west coast, some on the east coast and some in between! Anther grocery store to try is Fiesta. They have more items from overseas.

Someone asked about health food stores? best I can suggest is Whole Foods. They're more expensive but carry more variety.

Bread is a whole 'nother story here and you're right. The stuff in the grocery stores (unless it's baked by them directly) is not very good. Like someone said, Panera is good otherwise you'll have to find a real bakery.

Oh and none of the bakeries will make the desserts you grew up with. Since Neil will be moving here I wanted to make sure he gets a few things "from home" and his favorite dessert is Vanilla Slice. They don't make it here so I tried a couple of recipes.......what you call cornflour we call cornstarch!! YES!! It makes a huge difference! LOL

Congrats Giggles!!!

Neil picked up his medical report today and now we are just waiting on his AFP stuff and then we'll send in P3!

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-06

I-129F Received VSC: 2009-07-08

I-129F check cashed: 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Oh, and my accent is fine in person apparently, it's over the phone that it's really bad. His family is fine with it in person, but sometimes on the phone they're like "huh??' lol.

Haha, everyone I know is the same! In person, people got me, but over the phone, it would be like pulling teeth making myself understood. Sometimes I would just give up and tell Alex to talk for me lololol. I think the difference is in person, they can get your gestures and facial expressions to go along with what you are saying, but the phone you just go off sound.

The whole fear of abduction thing - One thing I noticed A LOT in the states is the honking and cat calls out of cars. It is YUCK. It makes me feel so trashy. I'll get honked at when I am walking to the corner chop in my trackies! I lived/will live in Los Angeles, but I pretty much feel safe most of the time. When I was in college, Alex would worry when I had a night class because I would not get out until 9.45, and then would take the bus home. But I was always pretty sure of myself. A lot of the worry from our partners is just them overreacting, I think. I mean, really, who of us are living in areas that are THAT rough?

Bread and chocolate - White bread is yuck, I pretty much eat sourdough over there, or get multigrain. But it's just so weird in consistency and taste! So really, it has eliminated bread from my diet haha. Also butter is a funny colour, so is cheese. Bacon is strange too, I can never get the rashers you get here, it's in little strips with mostly fat on it!

I'm trying to think about what other foods are funny...but all I can think of is how I would love a big fat burrito!! Good mexican food is something I miss lots!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

I can not get past how a lot of their sweets have peanut butter in them... I mean Reese's Peanut Butter cups, Peanut Butter Choc Chip cookies, Peanut butter ice cream..it is in everything!

.....and peanut butter pretzels and choc coated peanut butter pretzels and peanut butter M&M's. Yum! I love peanut butter!

Also butter is a funny colour, so is cheese.

The orange cheese is weird and even more weird is the spray cheese in a can.....better not get the can of whipped cream mixed up with the spray cheese :lol:;)

I asked my fiance to buy fresh cream (for whipping) once and he came out the supermarket with Cool Whip.....it sounded nasty so he returned it and eventually found proper cream.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Bread and chocolate - White bread is yuck, I pretty much eat sourdough over there, or get multigrain. But it's just so weird in consistency and taste! So really, it has eliminated bread from my diet haha. Also butter is a funny colour, so is cheese. Bacon is strange too, I can never get the rashers you get here, it's in little strips with mostly fat on it!

I'm trying to think about what other foods are funny...but all I can think of is how I would love a big fat burrito!! Good mexican food is something I miss lots!

HAHA! I have to agree. White bread here sucks. I hardly eat it at all.

Since I got introduced to mexican food... i got addicted. Taco Bell has been one of my favourites.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

My visa is waiting for me at the post office just in time for the holidays! It's the only present I was wishing for this Christmas....well to be with my man also but I know that wasn't going to come true. I'm still very happy and I'm going to get it right now.....later! :)

anytime!! there are a bunch more online stores, some on the west coast, some on the east coast and some in between! Anther grocery store to try is Fiesta. They have more items from overseas.

Someone asked about health food stores? best I can suggest is Whole Foods. They're more expensive but carry more variety.

Bread is a whole 'nother story here and you're right. The stuff in the grocery stores (unless it's baked by them directly) is not very good. Like someone said, Panera is good otherwise you'll have to find a real bakery.

Oh and none of the bakeries will make the desserts you grew up with. Since Neil will be moving here I wanted to make sure he gets a few things "from home" and his favorite dessert is Vanilla Slice. They don't make it here so I tried a couple of recipes.......what you call cornflour we call cornstarch!! YES!! It makes a huge difference! LOL

Congrats Giggles!!!

Neil picked up his medical report today and now we are just waiting on his AFP stuff and then we'll send in P3!

Hey guys, Brian and I discovered a place called "World Market" in New Orleans. There are stores all over the country and they sell lots of goodies including VEGEMITE! and chocolate bars like Aeros, Crunchies, Frys Turkish Delights and lots more

http://www.worldmarket.com/family/index.js...egoryId=3499223 Check it out!

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Timeline

Hey my fellow Aussies and Americans....MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you all have wonderful days and that Santa is good to you :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey guys, Brian and I discovered a place called "World Market" in New Orleans. There are stores all over the country and they sell lots of goodies including VEGEMITE! and chocolate bars like Aeros, Crunchies, Frys Turkish Delights and lots more

http://www.worldmarket.com/family/index.js...egoryId=3499223 Check it out!

http://www.aussieproducts.com/

http://www.australianbakery.com/

http://aussiecatalog.com/

http://www.everythingaustralian.com/

http://www.simplyoz.com/products/aussie_food

http://www.australianpieco.com/

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-06

I-129F Received VSC: 2009-07-08

I-129F check cashed: 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Hey my fellow Aussies and Americans....MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you all have wonderful days and that Santa is good to you :)

Same to you Astrid! Damo got his visa yesterday on Christmas eve! What a great present lol. Only 3 months until he gets here. I have so much to do!

Speaking of the things you miss from home....The one thing i really miss from aus is Meat pies. This last trip over I made up my mind to start an aussie bakery here in Seattle. Bought my pie tins and brought them back with me as you cant get the right sized ones here anywhere. I figured if i was good enough to be accepted into the pastry program at le cordon bleu in paris then i can do this right! hehe. Hoping to get everything perfect by summer, so i can set up my little booth at the farmers market here and see how it goes. Its perfect weather here for them so fingers crossed i do well ;).

Anyways im rambling. Merry Christmas everyone!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Merry Christmas Everyone -- we have opened our gifts, shed many tears with my kids & many more will be shed before the day is out.

Hope you all have an awesome day

xoxx

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Hi Lyekka there is a meat pie shop in Seattle called The Australian Pie Co http://www.australianpieco.com/ I have no idea how authentic they are though. Let me know where you end up setting up at and I'll stop by :D

And for anyone in Portland that may be interested we have the Pacific Pie Co which is off Burnside http://www.pacificpieco.com/

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline
Merry Christmas Everyone -- we have opened our gifts, shed many tears with my kids & many more will be shed before the day is out.

Hope you all have an awesome day

xoxx

Yep I hear you on the tears...

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your holidays are filled with joy. Take care and stay safe over the silly season! :)

Lyekka, I received my visa Christmas eve too. I love your idea about the meat pies. I'm a vegetarian so I've never actually eaten one though. Lol.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your holidays are filled with joy. Take care and stay safe over the silly season! :)

Lyekka, I received my visa Christmas eve too. I love your idea about the meat pies. I'm a vegetarian so I've never actually eaten one though. Lol.

Awesome Giggles! Merry christmas! Im a Vego as well, but when I'm over visiting Damo I slip cause of the meat pies lol.

But the veggie ones are yummy!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

Miss Natalie - Good luck on your flight and POE tomorrow! I'll be following you soon enough :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.