VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Doing the last of my evidence-gathering today before I fly to Sydney tomorrow night....Any last minute advice for me, especially now since I can't think straight due to the terror and excitement coursing through me?

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Just take a deep breath! You will do great! I know it! Good luck! I cant to find out whats happened!

Im home now, just got here a few hours ago after 21 hours of travel. The only thing thats nice about coming back home is I dont have jet lag lol. And after having warmer weather there in Melb this cold is killing me! Its freezing here and there was even a dusting of snow when I stepped out of my car, almost slipped lol.

Hey Giggles, what time is your interview on the 22nd? Damo's is at 8 am, so he is having to fly up the night before after he gets off work.

Quick question for yall though, here is the story of what happened yesterday right before I left: I double checked my folder I gave to him with all of our proof of relationship, and saw the copy of the I134 that the attorney submitted for me. It had status married, and relationship husband. Oh I freaked out, cause I noticed this 15 mins before we had to leave for the airport. Luckily we had white out, so I whited out all the incorrect things on the form, corrected them, and whited out the copied signature, and resigned it in blue ink. My mom is the co sponsor and i know she filled hers out correctly (fingers crossed). We had sent the original I134 in with P3, I'm sure that is wrong in there, so I was wondering if you guys think we need to email the consulate and let them know we have a corrected version? Or just tell them at the interview next week when he shows up with the one i fixed yesterday? Im so scared this will mess us up.

Thanks for any help!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

I think you can email them and tell them about the mistake, and then bring the corrected version to the interview. Don't worry, if you have everything correct at the interview, it should be all that matters.

Timeline
Doing the last of my evidence-gathering today before I fly to Sydney tomorrow night....Any last minute advice for me, especially now since I can't think straight due to the terror and excitement coursing through me?

Good luck! That's pretty much all. BREATHE and it will all be fine. I look forward to the positive update :D

Timeline

Thanks Vanessa...you've been such an angel during all this. Thankyou for all your advice and patience! By the by, I seem to be having the same run of injuries you did in the lead up to the interview....yesteday I got a WICKED sunburn up at Mooloolaba, and this morning I'm pretty sure I stuffed my little toe by smashing it into my couch :( I'm going to look like such a tool at the consualte, what with my lobster red skin and limp! Maybe they won't even interview me, they'll just give me a pity pass hahah!

Best of luck Astrid :) Look forward to the positive results later this week.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline
Quick question for yall though, here is the story of what happened yesterday right before I left: I double checked my folder I gave to him with all of our proof of relationship, and saw the copy of the I134 that the attorney submitted for me. It had status married, and relationship husband. Oh I freaked out, cause I noticed this 15 mins before we had to leave for the airport. Luckily we had white out, so I whited out all the incorrect things on the form, corrected them, and whited out the copied signature, and resigned it in blue ink. My mom is the co sponsor and i know she filled hers out correctly (fingers crossed). We had sent the original I134 in with P3, I'm sure that is wrong in there, so I was wondering if you guys think we need to email the consulate and let them know we have a corrected version? Or just tell them at the interview next week when he shows up with the one i fixed yesterday? Im so scared this will mess us up.

Unfortunately I think there will probably be an issue with white-out. You should never "white out" an official form (I'm a law clerk.. well was before I moved :S :P). I know it's messy but you should do a double strike-out and then write legibly above it. You can easily download the form online and fill it in with all the info before his interview so that it's a proper copy. if you need a link for the form, here it is: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf I personally would fill this form in and express it to him "just in case" as his interview isn't for 9 days, express mail should get there in time, or you can email and wait for them to reply and THEN mail it however personally I would spend the postage to be sure.

It will be okay. As Astrid said the most important thing is to email the consulate immediately to tell them that you just noticed the error. Is the only thing wrong the marital status? If so they can correct the form and have Damian initial the change.. but it's unlikely that'll fly. Make sure in your email you write that your attorney filled in the forms for you and you didn't have a chance to double check... and from now on I would ask your attorney that you double check all forms before they send anything (hopefully you won't need them much longer but at the very least I would ask for a reduction in the fees for filling in that document as it wasn't even proofed. It's a pretty obvious mistake if they're paying attention.)

In fact, when emailing the consulate I would email the correct form, completed form so that they can print if for their records, and tell them that the original signed version will be with your fiance for the interview but that you're attaching the form so that they are aware of the differences between it and the form in P3.

If it helps Tony and I had the SAME issue... more or less anyway. I filled in a form wrong when I emailed Tony the stuff for the initial form.. the G325A I think, something like that... it was wrong.. like REALLY wrong, it was the accommodation dates.. I completely messed it up. I expressed mailed him the fixed form a day or so after I mailed the original stuffed one and it arrived a few days BEFORE the original stuffed up one :P The normal mail is 7-10 days, express I think was 3-5.

Good luck!

Timeline
Thanks Vanessa...you've been such an angel during all this. Thankyou for all your advice and patience! By the by, I seem to be having the same run of injuries you did in the lead up to the interview....yesteday I got a WICKED sunburn up at Mooloolaba, and this morning I'm pretty sure I stuffed my little toe by smashing it into my couch :( I'm going to look like such a tool at the consualte, what with my lobster red skin and limp! Maybe they won't even interview me, they'll just give me a pity pass hahah!

lol!! i think it's the stress or something. I mean I don't know about you but I hadn't been injured, or tripped in weeks and even months before this day. lol. Who cares if it's a pity pass though right? it's a pass! I'm sure you will be fine. :D

Update on my case... we can't apply for AOS until after Xmas ($$ for the wedding was more than we thought.. add that to a dodgy no-rent paying housemate and :( ) so I'll keep you all updated when the time comes :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

lol!! i think it's the stress or something. I mean I don't know about you but I hadn't been injured, or tripped in weeks and even months before this day. lol. Who cares if it's a pity pass though right? it's a pass! I'm sure you will be fine. :D

Update on my case... we can't apply for AOS until after Xmas ($$ for the wedding was more than we thought.. add that to a dodgy no-rent paying housemate and :( ) so I'll keep you all updated when the time comes :D

Yeah, I don't regularly injure myself either! Damn stress!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

OK I'm seeing the Doctor on Wednesday, just got to double check, need my blood test results, immunisation records & photo?

Really need to do that police check might do that tomorrow, ugh I'm supposed to be entering the USA on the 16th of February, I'm getting worried.

Oh do they really need cash at the doctor?

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-24

NVC Received : 2009-10-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-27

Consulate Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-06

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-11

Interview Date : 2010-02-09 - APPROVED!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2010-02-16

Timeline

Any from NSW have an indication of how long the police check takes?

Visa Received :

Timeline
OK I'm seeing the Doctor on Wednesday, just got to double check, need my blood test results, immunisation records & photo?

Really need to do that police check might do that tomorrow, ugh I'm supposed to be entering the USA on the 16th of February, I'm getting worried.

For the Doctor - Three pics, all immunization history and blood tests to prove immunity, and if you have any ongoing conditions or recent surgery, documentation for that too. Also, your NVC case number and your passport.

Get on the police check quick, took me nearly three weeks to get mine back, and that was with me calling and harassing QLD police HQ.

Timeline

For the Doctor - Three pics, all immunization history and blood tests to prove immunity, and if you have any ongoing conditions or recent surgery, documentation for that too. Also, your NVC case number and your passport.

Get on the police check quick, took me nearly three weeks to get mine back, and that was with me calling and harassing QLD police HQ.

Yea I'm going to go down tomorrow, just realised I have to actually do it at the closest to my house, which is super inconvenient but anyway. I'll have to go to a photo booth and get the photos before Wednesday.

Visa Received :

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Astrid - break a leg tomorrow. :thumbs:

Simon - welcome back. :star:

Vanessa - good to see your font again. Here's to a speedy AOS. I loved Orlando (more so than the kid, can you believe it??) She had her pick of theme parks and she got tired of them.

I'm kind of excited, you're all within a month of each other. Good for Terri and I. We'll know what to expect. Anyway, I owe I owe so off to work I go.

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Astrid, good luck at your interview tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do great. I can't wait to hear your report when you get back. Hopefully your sunburn won't be so red by Tuesday. Take care and have a safe trip :)

Lyekka, my interview is at 9:00am, maybe I'll see Damo at the consulate if he's still there. I'm flying down the day before too to make sure I have plenty of time to get there in the morning.

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was having my interview and I forgot my passport. Argh!! It was a nightmare actually. I think I'll check that I have everything 10 times. Lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.