VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys, in regards to the Affidavit of Support - I keep freaking out about it a little. Alex makes more than double what 125 percent of the poverty line is for this year, and with his assets as well, he more than covers it. He has also worked at the same company for six years. When I was a student in the US, I had a small wage and my parents helped me with a little money each month, but he pretty much supported us both anyway. But the back of my mind keeps thinking the consular officer is going to grill me on the financials particular, especially because we are both young. Am I being a worry wart and letting this process get to me? Tell me to chill, please!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

I think you have had your fair share of bad luck! But from now should be smooth sailing. Before you know it you will be at the consulate!

I know we sure have had some bad luck. Slowly but surely we're getting there though. I can't wait for this to be over so we can live happily ever after. :luv:

Hey guys, in regards to the Affidavit of Support - I keep freaking out about it a little. Alex makes more than double what 125 percent of the poverty line is for this year, and with his assets as well, he more than covers it. He has also worked at the same company for six years. When I was a student in the US, I had a small wage and my parents helped me with a little money each month, but he pretty much supported us both anyway. But the back of my mind keeps thinking the consular officer is going to grill me on the financials particular, especially because we are both young. Am I being a worry wart and letting this process get to me? Tell me to chill, please!

Yes, I think you are being a worry wart. :P I don't think you have anything to be worried about if Alex is earning more than double what 125% of the poverty line is. He has the means to support you regardless of both your age.

Edited by Giggles

Timeline

CHILL!! lol. You are definitely being a worry wart. As long as you know where he works and stuff about him that you should they won't care at all. In fact they didn't ask me about Tony's income (which was also more than fine) but they did ask me what he was doing in Houston when I told him we were planning on settling in Iowa. And i told him but it wasn't like he asked in a "quiz" way and he didn't type it down, he was just wondering.

You are MORE than fine. Who cares if you're both young anyway? In my opinion it actually looks BETTER because it shows how reliable he is. He's not a typical "flighty youngster".. lol. Once you get to the consulate I guarantee you'll relax because they're just so friendly. They realise how stressed people are. After my "fabulous" day.. lol.. the chick told me to go sit down and relax... that I was there and that's all that matters now.

Woot! Interview soon!!

OK I am all packed got all my paperwork ready and fingers crossed all goes to plan!!

Leaving for Sydney straight after work Monday for 8am Tues interview!!

Jason

How did you go? Your interview should be over with now.. *fingers crossed* for you!!

hi everyone!

I am a september filer from Melbourne and should be seeing an approval in the next few weeks (fingers crossed)..this forum looks like it will be very valuable for the the next stage of this journey. good luck to everyone having interviews soon and look forward to reading the good news from you all soon.

I have just returned back from a quick 7 day visit to the states to visit my man for thanksgiving, so depressing coming back to a cold and wet melbourne!

Welcome! I hope we're able to help you :) Feel free to ask any questions.. i think we're getting to be pro's after so long :D

Fiance's Visa APPROVED today!!!!!

Here before Christmas, we're so happy.....

:dancing::dance:

Sorry I didn't say so before now.. but GRATS!! What a great Chrissy present!

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline
I am so glad I found this thread...such an amazing wealth of information!

Congrats to all those who recently got approved & Congrats to those who just got married :)

We are just finishing compiling our 129F and Eric is sending it next Monday (US Time), so then the waiting begins. We have sort of guesstimated that my daughter & I will arrive there around May providing it all goes smoothly.

I look forward to sharing out journey with all of you as we go :)

Welcome :) *fingers crossed* everything goes smoothly for you guys!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
OK I am all packed got all my paperwork ready and fingers crossed all goes to plan!!

Leaving for Sydney straight after work Monday for 8am Tues interview!!

Jason

Are you back yet?? Probably out celebrating. Enquiring minds need to know ....

I think you have had your fair share of bad luck! But from now should be smooth sailing. Before you know it you will be at the consulate!

I know we sure have had some bad luck. Slowly but surely we're getting there though. I can't wait for this to be over so we can live happily ever after. :luv:

Yes, I think you are being a worry wart. :P I don't think you have anything to be worried about if Alex is earning more than double what 125% of the poverty line is. He has the means to support you regardless of both your age.

Yayyy - you have Packet 3 ... :dance:

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Wahoo !!!

I got it!!! So excited now the real fun begins getting ready to leave!

So it was quite easy if you have your stuff in order I guess.

I got there about 7.30 for my 8am and was all done and out by 9.00 so was pretty quick really.

Pretty standard questions

- how did you meet?

- have you been to the US?

- Have you meet her family & has she meet yours?

she looked at some of my extra photos from our recent holiday on the Gold Coast.

Hope everyone else has an easy and quick process.

Jason

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Huge CONGRATS!!!!!!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline
Wahoo !!!

I got there about 7.30 for my 8am and was all done and out by 9.00 so was pretty quick really.

- how did you meet?

she looked at some of my extra photos from our recent holiday on the Gold Coast.

Jason

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! So happy for the both of you!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline
Wahoo !!!

- how did you meet?

Jason

Congrats!! Enjoy the fun stuff of getting ready to leave!

Timeline
Wahoo !!!

- how did you meet?

Jason

YAYAYAYAYAY - Congrats to you both. Any idea when you're heading over? :star:

Astrid & Giggles - I'm sure when I return from my holiday you'll both have your visas in hand already ... :crying:

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Timeline
hi everyone!

I am a september filer from Melbourne and should be seeing an approval in the next few weeks (fingers crossed)..this forum looks like it will be very valuable for the the next stage of this journey. good luck to everyone having interviews soon and look forward to reading the good news from you all soon.

I have just returned back from a quick 7 day visit to the states to visit my man for thanksgiving, so depressing coming back to a cold and wet melbourne!

Hey Rosa - welcome. Hope your journey goes smoothly.

Mental note to self: if Rosa receives NOA2 before me, I'll be upset.

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Wahoo !!!

- how did you meet?

Jason

Awww congrats Jason!!!! Im so excited for you! We are sending in packet 3 today! Yay!

Im over here in Melbourne enjoying time with my sweety. The weather was a little cold when I flew in on sunday, but the last two days have been really nice, I'm so enjoying this weather. Not looking forward to flying home next week, its cold and rainy in Seattle, but when is it not lol. I dont get to go to the interview with him like we hoped, but will be nice to be here with him when he gets p4, and I get to help him make up his folder for the interview which I'm having fun with. Best part of being here though is our date nights hehe. I cant wait until its for good, and we dont have to shove everything into a two week time frame.

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Wahoo !!!

- how did you meet?

Jason

Congratulations Jason :dance:

Wahoo !!!

- how did you meet?

Jason

Congrats Jason :D:thumbs:

When do you plan on leaving? 24 days for me! Busy, busy!

OUR TIMELINE

Feb 20 2010 - The Wedding :D

AOS

Mar 26 2010 - Sent AOS

Apr 8 2010 - Rec NOAs for AOS/EAD/AP

May 3 2010 - Original Biometrics Appointment...pfft dont ask...

May 6 2010 - AOS sent to CSC

Jun 11 2010 - Rescheduled Biometrics Appointment

Jun 2010 - Rec EAD & AP

Jul 7 2010 - notification of GC Card Production & Welcome Letter (text messages and emails)

Jul 19 2010 - Rec GC

LIFTING CONDITIONS

Apr 25 2012 - File date

Apr 30 2012 - NOA rec

May 31 2012 - Biometrics taken

Dec 18 2012 - notification of Green Card Production (text message and email)

DEC 21 2012 - Rec GC

event.png

Wahoo !!!

- how did you meet?

Jason

Congrats Jason! :thumbs:

Astrid & Giggles - I'm sure when I return from my holiday you'll both have your visas in hand already ... :crying:

I hope I'll be able to get my interview before Christmas. *fingers crossed* It's getting close though. My visa would be the best Chrissy present....oh and also a one way ticket to the US. :D

Hopefully I'll be sending my P3 on Thursday or Friday. I'm still waiting to receive the I-134 from my man. I could have got this sooner but he thought he couldn't send me this before we received P3 from the consulate (even though I had already told him weeks ago that he could lol).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.