VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was not asked for a pelvic exam, nor when my last Pap was.

Interview question - I'm getting together the last bits of my evidence, phone bills, emails and the like. To show that I have been in the US, I have my passport and itineraries from a previous flight - when I flew back to Australia from LA in June this year. I have the original boarding pass for this flight. I don't have the boarding passes for my last flight to a from the states, which was in August 2008. We submitted photocopies of the Aug 08 passes to USCIS, so they are in my packet at Sydney, should I worry about getting Alex to mail me the original boarding passes, or any other original stuff from us travelling together of the copies are already at Sydney?

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

For my fiance's interview at the Sydney consulate I had pictures of us at Niagara Falls with the Falls evident in the background (yes in march, it was COLD but he wanted to see them), I had full copies of our passports with the entry/exit stamps for the U.S., I had printed out copies of the flight itineraries. I had pictures of us printed on sheets of plain paper with half the paper free for friends and family to write statements they had gone out with us as a couple to dinners, hockey games, etc. and that we were the ppl in the picture above (done in handwriting and with contact info). I had a letter of support from my parents that we were engaged and that the family fully supported our decision and looked forward to the marriage. He also had similar letters from a friend and from two members of his family that they had met me during my visit there and that the family supported the marriage plans.

I had no boarding passes for either of our trips. We hadn't saved them.

For the affadavit of support I had a letter from my employer, I had copies made by the bank of my account with deposits/withdrawals and balances stamped by a bank officer, I had copies of my statements from my brokerage as well as a signed letter from them of my current balance. Two years of w2s and a summary sheet for each year of my taxes.

The interviewer actually remarked to him how much paperwork and how complete the packet of evidence was that I had prepared. He had a very short and easy interview as a result.

All the extra paperwork and copies of what had originally been sent that I had mailed to him as backup proof to take along to the interview in case he was asked for it wasn't even needed or asked for. My original birth cert. and original w2s weren't even asked for.

I hope this helps others plan their evidence... I don't know how much of what I sent was 'overkill', but this is such a long process that I was careful to try to provide everything they might ask for in order to avoid an RFE or any sort of delay at the interview.

Timeline

I have a lot of the same things that you do....though a lot of stuff we provided in our original submission so it's not any use to show it again! I'm just gathering stuff they haven't seen before to beef it all up. I have considered doing the letters from people that know us and all that, but I decided against it because it is pretty easy for those to be faked. I think the mass amount of emails, skype and mobile calls are proof enough we are legit, plus some pics we have that were taken right before I left the US the last time.

Timeline
I was not asked for a pelvic exam, nor when my last Pap was.

Interview question - I'm getting together the last bits of my evidence, phone bills, emails and the like. To show that I have been in the US, I have my passport and itineraries from a previous flight - when I flew back to Australia from LA in June this year. I have the original boarding pass for this flight. I don't have the boarding passes for my last flight to a from the states, which was in August 2008. We submitted photocopies of the Aug 08 passes to USCIS, so they are in my packet at Sydney, should I worry about getting Alex to mail me the original boarding passes, or any other original stuff from us travelling together of the copies are already at Sydney?

By this stage all they really care about is that you and Alex have a "continuing" relationship. When your petition was accepted they accepted that you and Alex had met in the "last 2 years" so now you need to prove to them that this is a sustained relationship.

With me I took phone records, MSN chat logs (with any suss blacked out which is fine), more photos of us. Do you have any pics from when you last visited him? With time stamps? I didn't see Tony between when we applied and when we were accepted so didn't have flight stuff :D But If you take your most recent flight stuff as well that can't hurt because it's "primary" evidence. I wouldn't worry about originals for the 08 passes, especially not if you have more recent ones.

Like said above, my evidence wasn't even looked at. They just asked questions liked when we met, when he proposed, etc. They just wanna know that you know stuff you should. I was told that they can't actually REJECT you. They can only recommend that you get rejected because you seem suss or something and then they send the file back to the US for "official rejection"... if that makes you feel any better :P

I'm sure you will be fine :) Just be your normal charming self, wear your engagement ring... and make sure your phone has plenty of battery, and you have enough credit to call Alex to tell him the news :D

I have a lot of the same things that you do....though a lot of stuff we provided in our original submission so it's not any use to show it again! I'm just gathering stuff they haven't seen before to beef it all up. I have considered doing the letters from people that know us and all that, but I decided against it because it is pretty easy for those to be faked. I think the mass amount of emails, skype and mobile calls are proof enough we are legit, plus some pics we have that were taken right before I left the US the last time.

Exactly :) You sound all prepared :D

Timeline
By this stage all they really care about is that you and Alex have a "continuing" relationship. When your petition was accepted they accepted that you and Alex had met in the "last 2 years" so now you need to prove to them that this is a sustained relationship.

With me I took phone records, MSN chat logs (with any suss blacked out which is fine), more photos of us. Do you have any pics from when you last visited him? With time stamps? I didn't see Tony between when we applied and when we were accepted so didn't have flight stuff :D But If you take your most recent flight stuff as well that can't hurt because it's "primary" evidence. I wouldn't worry about originals for the 08 passes, especially not if you have more recent ones.

Like said above, my evidence wasn't even looked at. They just asked questions liked when we met, when he proposed, etc. They just wanna know that you know stuff you should. I was told that they can't actually REJECT you. They can only recommend that you get rejected because you seem suss or something and then they send the file back to the US for "official rejection"... if that makes you feel any better :P

I'm sure you will be fine :) Just be your normal charming self, wear your engagement ring... and make sure your phone has plenty of battery, and you have enough credit to call Alex to tell him the news :D

Yeah, I deliberatley did not include some photos in our submission so I would have ones that were 'new' at the consulate. So I have a picture from my college graduation in June, a week before I flew back to Australia, and then I have a heap of pics from our engagement party (with one of us together, me holding up my ring finger, lol, and then another with us and Alex's sister) and also a few engagement photos. They don't have time stamps on them, but I have emails that corroborate them.

From reading what you girls have compiled it makes me feel better as it is pretty much what I have started gathering together here. We have so many photos from our engagement photo shoot as well as all the photos from when Eric was here in October. We won't see each other now until the process is finished so we are keeping all chat logs, emails, phone calls and copies of package labels we are sending to the other for Christmas.

We file this week..so we are both very excited that we are now embarking on this journey.

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

OK I am all packed got all my paperwork ready and fingers crossed all goes to plan!!

Leaving for Sydney straight after work Monday for 8am Tues interview!!

Jason

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

OK I am all packed got all my paperwork ready and fingers crossed all goes to plan!!

Jason

Good Luck Jason!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Timeline

Jason

GOOD LUCK!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Jason

Good luck, Jason! :star:

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Jason

Best of luck to you in your interview, I'm sure it'll go fine- you sound prepared!

S.

Getting the evidence for our interviews (which they probably won't even ask to see) seems like a waste of time......but I guess we need to be prepared just in case. Knowing my luck they will probably ask to see it.

Good luck Jason! I hope everything goes well for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hi everyone!

I am a september filer from Melbourne and should be seeing an approval in the next few weeks (fingers crossed)..this forum looks like it will be very valuable for the the next stage of this journey. good luck to everyone having interviews soon and look forward to reading the good news from you all soon.

I have just returned back from a quick 7 day visit to the states to visit my man for thanksgiving, so depressing coming back to a cold and wet melbourne!

07/10/14 - Petition send via UPS Next Day Air

07/11/14 - Petition delivered

Argh....the consulate emailed P3 to us on the 23rd but we didn't get it because they didn't send it to the correct email address. They spelt hotmail without the 'L'. I'm sure they would have got a reply saying the email address was incorrect and not received but they didn't resend P3 until this morning after we had asked where it is. Can anything else go wrong for us??? Lol.

hi everyone!

I am a september filer from Melbourne and should be seeing an approval in the next few weeks (fingers crossed)..this forum looks like it will be very valuable for the the next stage of this journey. good luck to everyone having interviews soon and look forward to reading the good news from you all soon.

I have just returned back from a quick 7 day visit to the states to visit my man for thanksgiving, so depressing coming back to a cold and wet melbourne!

Good luck and I hope you have a pleasant journey. :)

Timeline
Argh....the consulate emailed P3 to us on the 23rd but we didn't get it because they didn't send it to the correct email address. They spelt hotmail without the 'L'. I'm sure they would have got a reply saying the email address was incorrect and not received but they didn't resend P3 until this morning after we had asked where it is. Can anything else go wrong for us??? Lol.

I think you have had your fair share of bad luck! But from now should be smooth sailing. Before you know it you will be at the consulate!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.