VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

I am so glad I found this thread...such an amazing wealth of information!

Congrats to all those who recently got approved & Congrats to those who just got married :)

We are just finishing compiling our 129F and Eric is sending it next Monday (US Time), so then the waiting begins. We have sort of guesstimated that my daughter & I will arrive there around May providing it all goes smoothly.

I look forward to sharing out journey with all of you as we go :)

Hey TerriandEric! Good to see you found this thread! Everyone here has been a huge help. We are just waiting on our medical results to send in p3. Hopefully will get them this week and we can send it off!

I fly out day after to tomorrow. Really looking forward to some summer weather, its been so rainy here, being Seattle weather as usual.

Anyways, welcome to the group!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Hey TerriandEric! Good to see you found this thread! Everyone here has been a huge help. We are just waiting on our medical results to send in p3. Hopefully will get them this week and we can send it off!

I fly out day after to tomorrow. Really looking forward to some summer weather, its been so rainy here, being Seattle weather as usual.

Thanks Lyekka :) This thread has helped me to get Eric organised for the compiling of the affidavit of support. I am now in two minds on initiating my police check after the Christmas break or if I should do it before hand. My medical I will wait until P3 in is my hands.

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

Enjoy your time in the sun...though the heat here on the East Coast has been horrible this last week!

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone - I know this has been a gazillion times and I've read everything (even d/loaded P3 forms from Consulate's website) but for the original docs that required, are they the petitioner's and beneficiary's or beneficiary's only?

What docs are needed at NVC stage? I will be over there in 3 weeks and want to take him what he will need and have him give me what I will need. Has anyone had an issue with custody papers? My daughter's father is not listed on her BC and there are no custody papers. No child support or anything. There has been no contact. For all intents and purposes, he is unknown. It wasn't an issue when obtaining her passport just wondering how the US Consulate will process this. Do I still need to have the family court issue an order? Thanks in advance.

Hey Terri - I've decided to leave the police check until after Xmas and the medical will also wait for P3. How are you finding it so far?

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I had my medical exam with Dr Yates today. Astrid, basically it went the same as yours.

I did my urine test first and then waited about 10 minutes to see the doctor. We went through the vaccination sheet and the questions on the medical exam worksheet. Then he asked me to undress to my underwear and he checked my weight and height, gave me the Boostrix and MMR vaccines. Then he listened to my breath/lungs and heart (from my back and front), did a breast exam, pressed around on my belly, took my blood sample and then asked if I had any ankle problems. I sat up he tapped my knee to test my reflex, check in my ears, eyes and open my mouth and say ahh.

Next came the part which I thought was a bit weird....he asked me to stand up turn towards the wall bend over and touch my toes (butt towards him and all I'm wearing is my underwear. #######??) :blink: I did it quickly without really thinking about it but then I started to think about it.....was he checking out my butt??? I can't think why it was necessary to turn around and bend over infront of him (standing about 2m away). Couldn't he have seen if I could touch my toes when I'm facing him? Does anyone know if there was a legitimate reason for this? I then had to stand on my toes and turn back towards him, squat, stand up and raise my arms above my head which I guess was all to see if i had any injuries/problems. I got dressed and then he asked me to read the bottom row on the eye chart (don't need to be nearly naked for that). He told me everything was all good and the exam was over. Then I went and got my x-ray done.

Everything was done in about 1.25 hours and all up it cost me $541 (exam, x-ray, blood test $466, MMR $30 & Boostrix $45). Now I just have to wait to get the results which should be Friday (maybe) or Monday.

Hmmm...that does sound really weird. Why did he get you to do all that bending over and stuff? I didn't have to do that. I think unless you had a prior injury or problem like arthritis or something, there isn't a need to do that. And you can tell what someone's movement is like with clothes on. My trainer at my gym got me to do similar things like that to see what my flexibility and posture was like, and I did in my street clothes!

I really think it's not needed for us to be near-naked for the whole exam. The more I think about it, the more it weirds me out. I actually feel kind of dirty. Have any male VJ'ers gone to see Dr Yates? Can you tell us about your experiences? I swear, if the guys don't have to be undressed for it, I am going to flip my lid.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
I had my medical exam with Dr Yates today. Astrid, basically it went the same as yours.

I did my urine test first and then waited about 10 minutes to see the doctor. We went through the vaccination sheet and the questions on the medical exam worksheet. Then he asked me to undress to my underwear and he checked my weight and height, gave me the Boostrix and MMR vaccines. Then he listened to my breath/lungs and heart (from my back and front), did a breast exam, pressed around on my belly, took my blood sample and then asked if I had any ankle problems. I sat up he tapped my knee to test my reflex, check in my ears, eyes and open my mouth and say ahh.

Next came the part which I thought was a bit weird....he asked me to stand up turn towards the wall bend over and touch my toes (butt towards him and all I'm wearing is my underwear. #######??) :blink: I did it quickly without really thinking about it but then I started to think about it.....was he checking out my butt??? I can't think why it was necessary to turn around and bend over infront of him (standing about 2m away). Couldn't he have seen if I could touch my toes when I'm facing him? Does anyone know if there was a legitimate reason for this? I then had to stand on my toes and turn back towards him, squat, stand up and raise my arms above my head which I guess was all to see if i had any injuries/problems. I got dressed and then he asked me to read the bottom row on the eye chart (don't need to be nearly naked for that). He told me everything was all good and the exam was over. Then I went and got my x-ray done.

Everything was done in about 1.25 hours and all up it cost me $541 (exam, x-ray, blood test $466, MMR $30 & Boostrix $45). Now I just have to wait to get the results which should be Friday (maybe) or Monday.

Hmmm...that does sound really weird. Why did he get you to do all that bending over and stuff? I didn't have to do that. I think unless you had a prior injury or problem like arthritis or something, there isn't a need to do that. And you can tell what someone's movement is like with clothes on. My trainer at my gym got me to do similar things like that to see what my flexibility and posture was like, and I did in my street clothes!

I really think it's not needed for us to be near-naked for the whole exam. The more I think about it, the more it weirds me out. I actually feel kind of dirty. Have any male VJ'ers gone to see Dr Yates? Can you tell us about your experiences? I swear, if the guys don't have to be undressed for it, I am going to flip my lid.

#######?? We have to go see him too. If he makes my 9yo do weird stuff - I'm gonna flippen lose it. I would also be interested to hear from any male VJer's who have had to see him.

Kaffy - if you drop in, is he the same one you had to see and did he make you do this as well??

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

I'm 29 and have been fit and healthy all my life. I haven't had any serious injury, never broken a bone and never had any serious illness either.

I really have no problem being nearly naked in front of the doctor (they see naked people all the time) but I agree with you, it's not really necessary for the exam we have to do. He could weigh us with our clothes on and just take our top off or lift it up to do the other part. I don't think the breast exam is necessary either when other VJers have said they didn't have to do one.

#######?? We have to go see him too. If he makes my 9yo do weird stuff - I'm gonna flippen lose it. I would also be interested to hear from any male VJer's who have had to see him.

Kaffy - if you drop in, is he the same one you had to see and did he make you do this as well??

There are other doctors at Anzac Square Medical Centre, if I were you I'd ask to see one of them and not Dr Yates. If you get Dr Yates and he asks you and your daughter to undress, tell him your not comfortable with that because you don't feel that's necessary for the exam he has to do. I had no problem being undress until he asked me to bend over....then it all started to seem a little perverted.

Timeline

I'm 29 and have been fit and healthy all my life. I haven't had any serious injury, never broken a bone and never had any serious illness either.

I really have no problem being nearly naked in front of the doctor (they see naked people all the time) but I agree with you, it's not really necessary for the exam we have to do. He could weigh us with our clothes on and just take our top off or lift it up to do the other part. I don't think the breast exam is necessary either when other VJers have said they didn't have to do one.

There are other doctors at Anzac Square Medical Centre, if I were you I'd ask to see one of them and not Dr Yates. If you get Dr Yates and he asks you and your daughter to undress, tell him your not comfortable with that because you don't feel that's necessary for the exam he has to do. I had no problem being undress until he asked me to bend over....then it all started to seem a little perverted.

The breast exam bothers me the most. i did NOT have a breast exam done and there is NO space on the form for such a test. It could be that he simply does it as a routine thing when testing his patients and didn't think about it.

I was FULLY clothed for my entire test. i did have to lift my shirt though my Doc (Dr. Charles) tried to do it without me having to first but my collar was too tight. I also never took my pants off but did undo the top button and zip so he had access to the hip/thigh area...

This weirds me out. It's over obviously and didn't happen to me but still weird.

nope sounds exactly how mine went I was in my boxer short only for the bending over thing.

must just be how they do it I guess.

April 1, 2010 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

April 7, 2010 - Package received

April 14, 2010 - NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

May 27, 2010 - Biometrics Taken

June 17, 2010 - Interview letter received

July 23, 2010 - Interview date

July 23, 2010 - approved

May 17, 2012 - I751 filed

Timeline

wait zaskar so you too were pretty much undressed for the entire exam also? did you think it was strange? I mean, it doesn't make me feel any better that if you were undressed the whole time too, because it doesn't mean it is right.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Interview date - December 15, at 8am!! Was hoping to get in on the 8th, but all the appointments for that day must have been taken. It's all good!

We both got the appointment letter in the email today, and I am not missing anything, just got to bring the passport, payment, evidence etc...Will bring extra passport pics just in case too! On my letter though, under additional comments was "FormDS194RefusalSupplemental 02/20/08". Does anyone know what it means, or does everyone have that on their letter?

Grats!!! :D

The breast exam bothers me the most. i did NOT have a breast exam done and there is NO space on the form for such a test. It could be that he simply does it as a routine thing when testing his patients and didn't think about it.

I was FULLY clothed for my entire test. i did have to lift my shirt though my Doc (Dr. Charles) tried to do it without me having to first but my collar was too tight. I also never took my pants off but did undo the top button and zip so he had access to the hip/thigh area...

This weirds me out. It's over obviously and didn't happen to me but still weird.

'Breast' is listed on the bottom of the Medical History and Physical Examination Worksheet DS-2053 though it doesn't specifically say that a breast exam needs to be done....it just says Normal, Abnormal, Not Done.

http://www.visajourney.com/downloads/Medical_Forms.pdf

nope sounds exactly how mine went I was in my boxer short only for the bending over thing.

Did you also have to turn around so your butt was facing the doctor? That was the part I felt was weird because I was just wearing underwear.

Timeline

'Breast' is listed on the bottom of the Medical History and Physical Examination Worksheet DS-2053 though it doesn't specifically say that a breast exam needs to be done....it just says Normal, Abnormal, Not Done.

http://www.visajourney.com/downloads/Medical_Forms.pdf

Did you also have to turn around so your butt was facing the doctor? That was the part I felt was weird because I was just wearing underwear.

Ooo I stand corrected (well sit really, I'm on the couch :P) however I never had a breast exam. The bending over thing.. I remember having to walk away from him and he mentioned something about checking my spinal alignment. Could have been he was checking to see if your legs were the same length which would have shown by your pelvis being crooked. But I distinctly remember facing my doc for that 'cause i thought to myself "oh #######, I haven't tried to touch my toes in years..."

It has to be legit though 'cause there are SO many people he's testing, and we all talk about it (he has to know that) and we're all engaged so if he did something dodgy he should know that LOTS of people would be after him. I'm sure it fine really. I'm just happy I didn't have a breast exam done, I think Tony would have been very very angry. But then, did any of you girls get a vaginal exam done? (TMI I know) because it's on the form and I didn't. He simply asked about my last pap smear and I told him i was having another within the month so he said to just send him the results and then must have just checked "normal".

Thanks Lyekka :) This thread has helped me to get Eric organised for the compiling of the affidavit of support. I am now in two minds on initiating my police check after the Christmas break or if I should do it before hand. My medical I will wait until P3 in is my hands.

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

Enjoy your time in the sun...though the heat here on the East Coast has been horrible this last week!

Just from our experience if I was you as soon as your case gets approved (noa2) and is sent to the nvc thats when I would schedule the medical. Everything goes super fast at that point. We waited until we had p3 in hand for Damo to schedule his medical and now everthing is ready and we are still waiting on the med results to send in. So we are in a holding pattern until he has those. Police check you can do anytime cause its good for a year so thats not a biggie. We didnt worry about getting the medical done early cause it wasnt suppose to take so long. But his Dr. (Dr. charles) in Melbourne had some scheduling issues. First with his xray machine breaking down, we had to reschedule due to that, then the day he was suppose to go in the Doc decided to take the day off. So that was another reschedule etc. If we had thought that it would have taken this long we def would have sped it up a bit on those.

Damo said that a cool spell had come through this week, so hopefully it wont be to hot there lol. I have my sunscreen packed up and ready to go. Being from Seattle I am white as snow, and the sun there is so harsh lol. Flying out tomorrow! Cant wait to get hugs and such in two days! yay! Today is Thanksgiving so back to cooking for me. Have a good one everyone! Take care!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Ooo I stand corrected (well sit really, I'm on the couch :P) however I never had a breast exam. The bending over thing.. I remember having to walk away from him and he mentioned something about checking my spinal alignment. Could have been he was checking to see if your legs were the same length which would have shown by your pelvis being crooked. But I distinctly remember facing my doc for that 'cause i thought to myself "oh #######, I haven't tried to touch my toes in years..."

It has to be legit though 'cause there are SO many people he's testing, and we all talk about it (he has to know that) and we're all engaged so if he did something dodgy he should know that LOTS of people would be after him. I'm sure it fine really. I'm just happy I didn't have a breast exam done, I think Tony would have been very very angry. But then, did any of you girls get a vaginal exam done? (TMI I know) because it's on the form and I didn't. He simply asked about my last pap smear and I told him i was having another within the month so he said to just send him the results and then must have just checked "normal".

I think you are right about the bending over test being legit. I've done some investigating and when checking for scoliosis the doctor will ask you to bend over to see whether your spine is crooked...it makes more sense now why he would have got me to do this and he wasn't just checking out my booty. I didn't feel uncomfortable or that Dr Yates was a perv when he was doing the rest of the exam (not even the breast exam, it just seemed routine to me). The bend over part was just a little awkward. It would have been nice if he explained the reason why I had to do this in the first place and I wouldn't have felt so awkward about it.

Nope, I didn't have to do a vaginal test. He didn't didn't even ask anything about my last pap smear.

I picked up my medical results today so now I'm just waiting for the consulate to email us P3 and to receive the I-134 from my fiance which is in the mail. I have everything else prepared to send off. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.