SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yellowman was here a couple of weeks ago.. i just wanted to go cuz we HARDLY get any reggae acts here.. Glen Washington was here not long ago.. im like u kk, WHY is keri hilson on that line up..

DADA.. notice.. i say why am IIIII just now hearing about it lol.. me and u both are on vj u could at least sent me a pm :crying::rofl:

girl.. i told roger about that friend and he did not like that situation AT ALL!!!

guys we are talking bout our friend just married a few mnths ago and not ready to give up her annual trip to JA.. i think its a combo of not ready to give up ur single life and resentment of having to bear the burden carrying the household.. GIRLS just wanna have fun i guess LOL

OH...she doesn't want to take him along. Hahahaha I could see the other ladies huffing and puffing and carrying on..if she brings her new husband.

No she doesn’t want him to go period. She is going through the adjustment stages as well. Her hubby is from another country (not JA) and well times are tough for her carrying the household and all and she feels like if she does all this why cant she spend her money on her. She has taken two trips with him since he has been here and now she wants to take one by herself. But she knew this was what she was getting herself into being the sole provider for a few months and now that she is faced with it she is complaining. But I don’t think he does much around the house so that might be adding to her frustration as well. I don’t think he’s handy with his hands nor does he cook and clean so it’s a lot on her shoulders but its not like he did these things before so you cant blame him now.

She says she works to go on vacation. Like how some of us work to shop or pay bills she works for vacation and I agree with her because I do too. My point is if you need some alone time pick and another island. See she had to make a choice whether to marry someone from Jamaica or this guy from another island and she chose him. Why go back to the island where you know your other love is and for so long. Now you can avoid bumping into that person if you only went for a weekend but 10 days man there is no way you’ll fight temptation so long especially when you have so many fond memories of that person on the island.

She has a GF getting married in the Bahamas in August. I told her that is the trip she should take by herself. You still get the sun and fun without the temptation and you won’t be gone so long. Me personally I think she is frustrated with the situation. They didn’t date that long before they married so maybe they have some kinks that are hard to work out but to me running isn’t going to solve it you have to face them head on.

Well DaDa...u've given your piece to her. It's ultimately up to the HER and her HUSBAND on what would be acceptable in their marriage. While I don't agree with her going, it might work for their relationship. In the end...she knows what she is doing and if Hubby is okay with it. What can you say.

One of my mottos: You like it...I love it...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sus end of july will make it six months

he said he wanted to help

i told him he didn't have to but he wouldn't move lol

I'm assuming he saw you mixing that junk together and figured she's going to need help. I think that is so sweet he wanted to help you wash your hair.

only 145 posts left to go till I get my heart! :blink:

Go Philly Go Philly come on you can do it!!!!

Timeline

we are soulmates kk.. im always saying that.. is she like, i love it!! lol.. i don't have the energy to handle yo business and mine.. man i sound so cold..im really a good friend..

i just have had too much exper w/ ppl complaining, but in the end, doing them and heck, i know imma do me no matter wat, so might as well just tell ur opinion and offer a word of encouragement when u can

Timeline
Well DaDa...u've given your piece to her. It's ultimately up to the HER and her HUSBAND on what would be acceptable in their marriage. While I don't agree with her going, it might work for their relationship. In the end...she knows what she is doing and if Hubby is okay with it. What can you say.

One of my mottos: You like it...I love it...

I love this motto to its one of my favorites!!!

Timeline
do you guys beleive its unrealistic for ppl of certain differing cultures to try to make a marriage work? i know different strokes for different folks but do u think its highly unlikely that ppl from certain cultures will last long as a union?

I don't think it's unrealistic at all - I think what gets unrealistic is when one culture demands that the other culture adapts all of its ways - I think that you have to work together as a couple, and find a compromise that will blend both of your cultures together in a way that works for you.

For example (and I know this is on a much smaller scale) - My family has a mix of Italian (my godfather), and Polish and Irish - We always spent Easter together growing up - As a result, we have raviolis, the traditional ham dinner, then kielbasa and hard boiled eggs with horse radish -

i think it stacks the odds. but not impossible

has anyone here put eggs in their hair

i did and that $hit had my hair feeling like coconut trash

used olive oil and castor oil with it

horrible outcome

di egg a go strip yuh hair...look wah egg do to car paint.

use some aloe vera

On the subject of weed smoking, I have never smoked, but have no problem with a guy that does. My mother and father both smoked heavily and openly in front of us.If anything was a positive thing in that it took away any mystique smoking had.

My husband doesn't smoke, but as long as it didn't impact on us, I would have no problem with him smoking...Maybe it's how I was raised, but I really don't see the big deal....

It's not the smoking of the weed. It's the all-consuming smoking of the weed. If it takes over your life, it is then an addiction and it IS a big deal.

hasn't it always been an addiction for most? i think it's that now they are here in the US..nothing else to do..and now it seems like that's all they can do.

My parents smoke as well..many ppl i know..my father ganja..my mother cigs..my brother, and the list goes on..never tried it..never wanted to..can't imagine what it would do for me..my thing is.if i never started when i was 13..can't imagine starting at 21...

Speaking personally, no, not for me. So maybe I don't understand the whole addiction part until it is glaring me in the face.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

roger and i were talking bout this friend and we go into a debate on whether its the men of JA or the women of other countries that have made this stereotype of JA being the place to get "laid" so true..

i told him the guys are a mess in their quest to show the woman the anaconda.. and he all like thats cuz thats why the women came and i am like.. well why they know that its so easy to get it, cuz the guys are KNOWN to be GIVING IT LOL

so what came first the chicken or the egg?? what do ya'll think..

On the subject of weed smoking, I have never smoked, but have no problem with a guy that does. My mother and father both smoked heavily and openly in front of us.If anything was a positive thing in that it took away any mystique smoking had.

My husband doesn't smoke, but as long as it didn't impact on us, I would have no problem with him smoking...Maybe it's how I was raised, but I really don't see the big deal....

It's not the smoking of the weed. It's the all-consuming smoking of the weed. If it takes over your life, it is then an addiction and it IS a big deal.

hasn't it always been an addiction for most? i think it's that now they are here in the US..nothing else to do..and now it seems like that's all they can do.

My parents smoke as well..many ppl i know..my father ganja..my mother cigs..my brother, and the list goes on..never tried it..never wanted to..can't imagine what it would do for me..my thing is.if i never started when i was 13..can't imagine starting at 21...

Speaking personally, no, not for me. So maybe I don't understand the whole addiction part until it is glaring me in the face.

One thing I learned from VJ....is during you interview...Deny..Deny..and Deny.

Do you'll think it is right for them to deny the visa due to the admittance of "trying" it when the test comes back negative?

Chat with you all later, I am going for my retail therapy session!!

take me PLEASE!!!! :crying::crying: All I need to do is watch someone spend...it's therapy for me. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

smiley-chores031.gif

i remember when i used to stand up ova iron board a sunday day time a fix pleat so it don't double seam. lawd a used to hate it!

i RARELY iron anymore

yea quana i've been to all those places

these ppl don't joke man, they have their own little e-city out of this hair business

@ Hotlegz, i never even know that. i will be seeking out some aloe vera then

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

jamaicans are laid back when it comes to certain things

i do think that's why our country is where it is

ppl are too laid back and willing to accept any damn foolishness

upherebl.gif

Timeline
we are soulmates kk.. im always saying that.. is she like, i love it!! lol.. i don't have the energy to handle yo business and mine.. man i sound so cold..im really a good friend..

i just have had too much exper w/ ppl complaining, but in the end, doing them and heck, i know imma do me no matter wat, so might as well just tell ur opinion and offer a word of encouragement when u can

TRUE..ppl ask ur opinion and then don't want to hear it..i think we should always be honest as friends. Sometime friends do not realize that "we" grow up and things are looked at differently..and more respect is demanded.

Like, i was planning a potluck dinner for a friend. me and his sister friends too..i called texted friday night up until 10:30 no reply. finally got a text back "i just left the hair dresser, and not even half home, so i don't know what i can bring" now u tell me, u and smaddy a talk bout this from 2 wks upon til thurday that week..and u still no know wah u a bring? come on..so..she didn't like my comment..cause i said if u were not interested u should have just said so..she start go off ...i told her it's fine my food wont waste..

why was i suppose to tip toe around this..i'm an adult..don't come at me like i'm ur child...

ur an adult too now..and i really hope the relationship would mature too..si mi

Chat with you all later, I am going for my retail therapy session!!

ooo come get mi..mi a dead fi lef...cho

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

smiley-computer004.gif

my platinum post! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Edited by Bunzarelli

upherebl.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
smiley-chores031.gif

i remember when i used to stand up ova iron board a sunday day time a fix pleat so it don't double seam. lawd a used to hate it!

i RARELY iron anymore

yea quana i've been to all those places

these ppl don't joke man, they have their own little e-city out of this hair business

@ Hotlegz, i never even know that. i will be seeking out some aloe vera then

I'm cracking up at your hair stories...try those websites Quana gave you...I love Nappurality.com

I also use aloe vera gel on my hair....love it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.