SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

we were in Home Depot yesterday getting another machete, because my husband is so hard on them. He says the machete that they have in the states too flimsy and weak. I have one that I got in Jamica in 1992, but someone made that for me and he's not about to use that to chop down nothing. I came home yesterday and almost drove past my house, he did an excellent job.

LOL @ you driving past your house that is classic! Hubby uses my machetes all the time mine are from Haiti and old as the hills, but I keep them displayed on my walls so people know not to mess with me! :devil:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sus end of july will make it six months

he said he wanted to help

i told him he didn't have to but he wouldn't move lol

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

For the love of Saint Mary Agnes if people got something to say….. Say it already and stop beating around the bush. I can truly see why most woman have more males friends than woman. Sometimes woman can be so petty. I could have sworn I was a grown rass woman talking to grown rass people but I tell you who let the de pickneys pon de computer all day long? Its like move on already what's done is done its ova!!!!!! :angry:

What happened?

And, yeah, I feel the same damn way almost every day. (note: not anyone on here)

No I'm just tired of people saying sly remarks on the side when their intentionally directing their comments towards me. If you got something to say to me say it so we can move on. To keep going back and fourth I don’t have that to do so I'm simply saying say what you have to say or move on.

Oh Lawd what did I miss! But I agree!

****ROC VSC****

only 145 posts left to go till I get my heart! :blink:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
quana i heard them talking about using honey too

i draw the line there

i am not using honey in my hair eff dat! lol

i've heard of using beer too and mustard (:blink:)

i told u girl!.. honey i woulda tried tho.. cuz i will try anything to make my hair lay down when i need it too .. but the mayo MANNNN philly..mi nuh knoa, i will break down one of these days maybe LOL..

yea i found all this on this long hair care forum

never thought i would see an entire forum dedicated to caring hair

and its kinda neat reading some of the stuff on there

those girls are SERIOUS about their hair

i'd like to post to get more info but they charging 6.50 and i dunno if its really worth it

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I can't wait till you come to CT!

They even had Breadfruit at the store!

:crying:

I am craving breadfruit sooooooo bad :wacko:

Morning ya'll, I am not caught up and I won't be caught up till late today when ya'll are gone.

I live in Cali, I am a hippie at heart, I got no problem with the herb...

My honey can take it or leave it (thank god) and he knows he must leave it for now... But when he gets here I will have no problem sharing :innocent:

San Francisco has a bit of a different view on this than the rest of the country...

I remember going to Reggae in the Park one year and watching the cops walk around like nothing while people smoked herb EVERYWHERE!!

I think herb is better than alcohol in many ways.

That said, anything that takes away from your priorities and your quality of life is no good... everything in moderation!

JG thanks for sharing (F)

Timeline
yellowman was here a couple of weeks ago.. i just wanted to go cuz we HARDLY get any reggae acts here.. Glen Washington was here not long ago.. im like u kk, WHY is keri hilson on that line up..

DADA.. notice.. i say why am IIIII just now hearing about it lol.. me and u both are on vj u could at least sent me a pm :crying::rofl:

girl.. i told roger about that friend and he did not like that situation AT ALL!!!

guys we are talking bout our friend just married a few mnths ago and not ready to give up her annual trip to JA.. i think its a combo of not ready to give up ur single life and resentment of having to bear the burden carrying the household.. GIRLS just wanna have fun i guess LOL

why bother get married.....

I guess to bring him here...

and that is what is so unfortunate about the immigration.. i am thankful that our country has its rules and it really is better than coutries like LONDON but so many ppl see no other way to get to know somebody than to marry them, yeah they could have done the LDR a while longer, but thats very hard only a few of us can endure that i think..

Especailly where he was living Quana them airfares would have killed her!

Timeline
only 145 posts left to go till I get my heart! :blink:

only three posts to plat status

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

upherebl.gif

Timeline
has anyone here put eggs in their hair

i did and that $hit had my hair feeling like coconut trash

used olive oil and castor oil with it

horrible outcome

That sounds horrible. I hope you weren’t walking around the house looking like Frank stein!!! Girl you and that hair would you just leave it alone already!!!! LOL

i read somewhere that it was good for your hair

yea i used a whole egg and mixed it with extra virgin olive oil and castor oil

put it in my hair and left it for about 10 mins then washed with a shampoo and deep conditioner

blow dried the hair

laaaaaaawd i was looking like a soft broom

:rofl::rofl: RRRRRROOOOOOLLLLLLLIIIIINNNNNNN!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Whoo I have to grab my sides!!!! Ur poor hubby he flew 10,000 miles to see you put some concoction in your head.

lmao and you best beleive he was helping me too

standing there putting it my hair asking baby you sure this is okay to use

haha

OK Bunz ENUFF with the DETAILS I can't take no more!!!! :rofl:

Timeline
quana i heard them talking about using honey too

i draw the line there

i am not using honey in my hair eff dat! lol

i've heard of using beer too and mustard (:blink:)

i told u girl!.. honey i woulda tried tho.. cuz i will try anything to make my hair lay down when i need it too .. but the mayo MANNNN philly..mi nuh knoa, i will break down one of these days maybe LOL..

yea i found all this on this long hair care forum

never thought i would see an entire forum dedicated to caring hair

and its kinda neat reading some of the stuff on there

those girls are SERIOUS about their hair

i'd like to post to get more info but they charging 6.50 and i dunno if its really worth it

i LOVE going to those boards.. have u tried... fotki,nappturality.com..i can't remember but i will look up some others...

Timeline
do you guys beleive its unrealistic for ppl of certain differing cultures to try to make a marriage work? i know different strokes for different folks but do u think its highly unlikely that ppl from certain cultures will last long as a union?

I don't think it's unrealistic at all - I think what gets unrealistic is when one culture demands that the other culture adapts all of its ways - I think that you have to work together as a couple, and find a compromise that will blend both of your cultures together in a way that works for you.

For example (and I know this is on a much smaller scale) - My family has a mix of Italian (my godfather), and Polish and Irish - We always spent Easter together growing up - As a result, we have raviolis, the traditional ham dinner, then kielbasa and hard boiled eggs with horse radish -

i think it stacks the odds. but not impossible

has anyone here put eggs in their hair

i did and that $hit had my hair feeling like coconut trash

used olive oil and castor oil with it

horrible outcome

di egg a go strip yuh hair...look wah egg do to car paint.

use some aloe vera

On the subject of weed smoking, I have never smoked, but have no problem with a guy that does. My mother and father both smoked heavily and openly in front of us.If anything was a positive thing in that it took away any mystique smoking had.

My husband doesn't smoke, but as long as it didn't impact on us, I would have no problem with him smoking...Maybe it's how I was raised, but I really don't see the big deal....

It's not the smoking of the weed. It's the all-consuming smoking of the weed. If it takes over your life, it is then an addiction and it IS a big deal.

hasn't it always been an addiction for most? i think it's that now they are here in the US..nothing else to do..and now it seems like that's all they can do.

My parents smoke as well..many ppl i know..my father ganja..my mother cigs..my brother, and the list goes on..never tried it..never wanted to..can't imagine what it would do for me..my thing is.if i never started when i was 13..can't imagine starting at 21...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Nah....just happened.

One is my highschool sweetheart. He found me on classmates. The other is the BIL of his best friend from highschool. Ironically, they play softball together on Sunday nights.

Aww damn I guess you can't go cheer them on.. LOL

Sure I do. I am the scorekeeper.

Ha!!!! That is too funny!

Timeline
and that is what is so unfortunate about the immigration.. i am thankful that our country has its rules and it really is better than coutries like LONDON but so many ppl see no other way to get to know somebody than to marry them, yeah they could have done the LDR a while longer, but thats very hard only a few of us can endure that i think..

Especailly where he was living Quana them airfares would have killed her!

exactly.. nobody wanna pay that much money to visit a mother i never knew let alone a boyfriend!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.