SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sus, someone is working against me. I didn't see any of the pictures you posted except the one with the big "Sexual Harrassment" in it. One of these days someone will walk into my office when one of those pics are up.

And who said I don't cuss? I don't, but I don't think I ever mentioned that on here.

Cause girl when you can wait as long as u did for a NOA2 and never mention one explicit?? That gave us all a clue you didn’t cuss. Plus the way you only like PG-13 movies and well you so mild manner I can just tell. Hey your not the only one that keeps a spread sheet on things... LOL:rofl:

lol lol lol I do believe that you have some sort of tracking device (or a photographic memory). Sometimes you pull stuff out and I'm like, dang! I said that a million years ago!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lovesponge.. best wishes on ur marriage honey, after all the waiting.. loverboy must have laid down some real romance to make u do it 2MORO!!! im excited for u, glad it seems to be turning out good!

jg.. i kind of sensed something from some of ur FB comments, but i am not THAT nosy so i left it alone.. i am glad u are happier now.. its funny how ppl can tell when uve made a major life change just from ur demeaner or things that u do.. i was told that all the time after 02/2009 LOL.. we should have thrown a divorce party mygyal!!!

Sooooo.....the MINUTE we got back to the hotel last night, I rushed down and edited most of the pics of us. This morning, the baby managed to somehow get the memory card out of the camera and lose it!!

I would have DIED if I hadn't got most of the photos!!

Still lost some random pics and videos, but ah well.....

My husband NEVER looks at the camera if he can help it, before he met me,his last pic was probably 8-9 years ago. He let me take one or two for immigration purposes, but quickly stopped lol.....

Philly, anytime you're ready, I'm just in MD lol!!

maybe it will show up jae (crosses fingers)

Timeline
.. in life we have to feel like there is a checks and balances.. i know u can't work, but i have to FEEL like u are compensating SOMEWHERE for me to feel good about the arrangement..

I am telling u, as long as he keeps it up.. i don't mind roger being a househusband. i rather like it.. remember i am the NONDOMESTIC, BUT he has done all these things b4.. cooking, washing, using a dishwasher, taking out trash..

:thumbs: Je suis d'accord!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Love the pics, JAEng - I hear they had a break in at Mariners last night?

Yup apparently someone left their ground floor room door open and a thief wandered in....not sure what they got...

Everything - Here is the report posted on n.com, from someone who is there - And a pretty regular and honest visitor -

At 3:50 A.M. yesterday, a ground floor Mariner's room was robbed. The people staying in the room were from Canada, Jamaicans visiting relatives/vacationing. The grandmother woke up to see a man going out the door just before 4 a.m. She screamed & then she, her daughter, & the teenage granddaughter locked the door & stayed in the room until almost 6 a.m. The daughter & teenager came to the front desk to report the break in & I was in the lobby. They were obviously very upset & distraught. The daughter had come in around 2 a.m. from visiting relatives. No visitors/guests were in their room. All doors were locked but the chain had not been put on the main entrance.

All money was taken, room & safe keys, cell phone (Canada cell phone, not Jamaica cell phone), and their laptop minus the power cord all gone. They were very concerned about whether or not their documents had been taken from the safe. A purse w/ •••••• in it was taken & discarded outside, close to the room. They did not call the front desk because they did not have a working phone. Apparently they had complained about it repeatedly (among other things not in working order... common w/ Mariner rooms from what I've been hearing)& in the 6 days they had been here... no repair (again, common w/ Mariner's). They discovered early on that the phone did not work because the cord was cut!

They must have been awfully scared because there's enough light to be out & about around 5 a.m. & they stayed in the room another hour. I guess we'd all react in different ways. When there was a break in next door to my room in 1988, the man in the room hopped off the balcony stark naked & chased after the thief. I don't think I'd go that far but I'd sure be yelling & making a commotion once the initial shock wore off. At least I'd like to think that's what I'd do. I hope I never have the experience of waking up to a stranger in my room making off w/ all my valuables.

They asked that the police be called but the hotel did not get on that right away. Eventually they did because their was a police car out front when I came back from the gym about 8:15 a.m. It wasn't there when I went over just after 7.

Nope, I can vouch for that - It took me 4 years after my breakup to go back to Barbados - a place I LOVE and spent a lot of time - and I have met Bajan men since that I would not even consider dating - It's nothing against the men themselves - just too many cultural similarities that brought up memories I didn't want.

Sus I take it you don’t like American men huh?? I think you’re like me and love the accent. LOL

I am dying to get to Barbados its just so darn expensive to fly there..

No problem whatsoever with American men - it just happened with my ex - Been travelling to JA since 1988 - DJ is the first JA I have gotten involved with who lives there - it just happened.

It's not that expensive to fly to BIM if you watch the flights - and they run the Best of Barbados deals in the fall, you can get hotel and air for around $499

499?????????????????????????? girl i was watching barbados and VI on and off for mnths, could never find less than 650-700.. but its always more expensive from DFW.. ja tickets are never under $400 it seems.. :crying:

Timeline
.. in life we have to feel like there is a checks and balances.. i know u can't work, but i have to FEEL like u are compensating SOMEWHERE for me to feel good about the arrangement..

I am telling u, as long as he keeps it up.. i don't mind roger being a househusband. i rather like it.. remember i am the NONDOMESTIC, BUT he has done all these things b4.. cooking, washing, using a dishwasher, taking out trash..

:thumbs: Je suis d'accord!

now i took french in middle skool.. so refresh me.. I am of accord?? i agree?? right LOL

Timeline

Congrats Lovesponge! I think you should wait one more day though & do it on 7/11! I wish you all the best & just keep praying for guidance through the ups & downs as we all must.

once again my chair is vibrating

:blink::blink::rofl:

fail_dogs.jpg

fail-owned-holiday-inn-welcome-fail.jpg

:rofl::rofl:

Weed.jpg

I've actually been to Weed! This is in FAR northern California almost to the Oregon border.

good afternoon all!

man i was hopping mad yesterday.. twc came to do my internet and do u know i kept losing connection and was on the phone w/ IT forever and a day and then this morning.. NO CONNECTION.. ugghhhh.. i am so frustrated and the guy kept trying to talk me out of canceling.. im sorry i don't want to do this everytime i wanna get on the internet.. PLUS ive heard horror stories about them so i might as well chalk up my losses i think..

i will have to just pay up the money i owe AT&T (svcs from my marriage were in my name.) and go w/ them.. so no internet for a minute.. what more.. i had no idea about cable internet vs dsl internet.. i thought it was ALL thru the phone soooo they turned off my bootleg cable>>>>>AGHHHHH..

lol, i really don't mind. but roger is at home w/ nothing but jayz, tupac and mavado and bob marley to keep him company LOL and on the cooking.. i hate to say, but roger cooks everday and has food ready when i get home, but i think thats just cuz its not too many american dishes he fancys so he'd rather cook..did ur guy cook alot in ja ells?? take it from somebody that doesn't cook much..thats a MAJOR adjustment LOL i dont' think ur being spoiled tho.. in life we have to feel like there is a checks and balances.. i know u can't work, but i have to FEEL like u are compensating SOMEWHERE for me to feel good about the arrangement..

I am telling u, as long as he keeps it up.. i don't mind roger being a househusband. i rather like it.. remember i am the NONDOMESTIC, BUT he has done all these things b4.. cooking, washing, using a dishwasher, taking out trash.. ur guy is from the country part of JA right??.. how is he retaining the info.. like u said u showed him how to wash dishes..is he washing them yet?? i know its alot for him, but stick to ur guns.. men in general (not just JA) can get comfortable w/ us "taking care of them"..

Don't you hate writing a big old long thing & accidentally hitting the wrong key & it's all gone?? GGRRRR!!

Anyway, try again...

In JA mister did practically everything so I'm trying to give him a little bit of a break cause I know it's not pure laziness. I'd help with doing dishes or folding laundry but he did the majority of cooking & laundry by hand. Here he's just not familiar with ingredients & doesn't know where everything is in the kitchen although I've told him to get familiar! When I tell him what's bothering me he is really quick to step up though & tonight there will be curry chicken waiting for me when I get home. But I agree, while I'm the only one working, I don't want to feel taken advantage of so it's nice when he pitches in & does his part. He's been great about so many things though....he loves vacuuming & does it often, does dishes unless it's something like a newer non-stick pan I've told him to leave for me (he's a little careless & can accidentally wreck stuff at times) & the bed is always made when I get home. He's definitely trying but I told him I need a little more help & he's going to try some more. I really need to count my blessings though considering our 'issues' could be so much worse. He's a wonderful man and I'm thankful....I'm just cranky in the mornings when I'm tired!

lovesponge.. best wishes on ur marriage honey, after all the waiting.. loverboy must have laid down some real romance to make u do it 2MORO!!! im excited for u, glad it seems to be turning out good!

jg.. i kind of sensed something from some of ur FB comments, but i am not THAT nosy so i left it alone.. i am glad u are happier now.. its funny how ppl can tell when uve made a major life change just from ur demeaner or things that u do.. i was told that all the time after 02/2009 LOL.. we should have thrown a divorce party mygyal!!!

Sooooo.....the MINUTE we got back to the hotel last night, I rushed down and edited most of the pics of us. This morning, the baby managed to somehow get the memory card out of the camera and lose it!!

My husband NEVER looks at the camera if he can help it, before he met me,his last pic was probably 8-9 years ago. He let me take one or two for immigration purposes, but quickly stopped lol.....

maybe it will show up jae (crosses fingers)

I hope it shows up too!

Morning/Afternoon Yardies! (I always do that cause I'm on west coast time in case anyone wonders.)

I'm so tired today....we need a new & bigger bed. When I wake at night to tinkle, I usually get back in bed & fall right back to sleep....now it's two of us & when he gets back in bed, he fidgets for a half hour & I lose more sleep now than I did even before when I had bouts of insomnia. We need to figure out a way to make our sleep more sound because I'm already a grump in the mornings & when I'm tired, it's ten-fold! Then I hit snooze five times & by the last time, he's pushing me out of bed trying to help me & that just irritates me even more since he gets to lay there still. :angry: This morning I left the house grumpy & when he started to get up to give me a kiss I closed the door. What a meanie I am. When I got to work he called to apologize for trying to get me going by pushing me out of bed which was a sweet gesture (apologizing that is) but it's more than just that. I'm finding one of the biggest challenges is being the sole provider & not always feeling like I have enough help. Now he agreed that on as many nights as we can work out, he'll try & cook dinner so I don't have to come home & do all of that too. He's made some dinners but he's not familiar with the spices & ingredients so he's reluctant. We haven't had a chance to get across the bay to a Jamaican food store so I've been doing a lot of the cooking. He is always really good about 'pulling up his socks' (as his Granny used to say) when I tell him I need some help. I just need to relax a little & keep remembering that what he does may not be up to my standards (I'm particular about things) but at least he's trying. So there are our adjustment issues of the day.

Ells (Hugs) You are going to be alright! These are normal adjustment issues. It isn't easy being the sole provider but you knew the deal going into to this process. It's not always easy trust me, but communication is the key you will find your nitch together! Hubby and I have growing pains buts its all natural and we work it out right away.

Girl I am a wild sleeper and I love a million blankets and don't want to turn on the AC! The combination of the heat and me mashing him into the wall and drawing the sheets off the bed so he is on plastic half the night dang near gets me kicked out the bedroom and we have a giant California King size bed ( whatever they are called ) :rofl: :rofl: But we talk about it and work it out :yes:

I sent you a Kitty on FB :luv: to cheer you up!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Sus. I love love love this song.

BTW - Beres Hammond is performing this weekend. Culture with Kenyatta Hill and Lenya Wilks too. I may go :dance:

I love it too - You should go - I am going to see them next weekend - CANNOT wait -

Waiting to see if Damien wants to go. If not...I won't have anyone to go with :crying: Beres Hammond will probably be back before the summer ends.

Timeline
Thank you for sharing JG.

Now, you know we don't always see eye to eye (probably NEVER will lol), but one thing I have ALWAYS admired about you is that you don't put up with bulls*it.....You are a strong woman, a caring woman and I know you will find a man worthy of you one day.

I agree. Couldn't imagine being in that situation. JG handled it well :thumbs:

Timeline

Oh no...hope u find it. You look all nice and tan.

Timeline

alright ells..i hear ya..maybe a bigger bed will help u in the mornings LOL

shemmy!!! missing u for some reason..how goes it?? damien better stop working for a second and go enjoy life!!! lol.. girl if i was down there, i would go w/ u.. u know i would be there in a heartbeat..used to rolling solo :blush:

Timeline
alright ells..i hear ya..maybe a bigger bed will help u in the mornings LOL

shemmy!!! missing u for some reason..how goes it?? damien better stop working for a second and go enjoy life!!! lol.. girl if i was down there, i would go w/ u.. u know i would be there in a heartbeat..used to rolling solo :blush:

Awww thanks. He's not working but focused on spending money for JA plus he wants to go shopping. My friends are losers...that's all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning/Afternoon Yardies! (I always do that cause I'm on west coast time in case anyone wonders.)

I'm so tired today....we need a new & bigger bed. When I wake at night to tinkle, I usually get back in bed & fall right back to sleep....now it's two of us & when he gets back in bed, he fidgets for a half hour & I lose more sleep now than I did even before when I had bouts of insomnia. We need to figure out a way to make our sleep more sound because I'm already a grump in the mornings & when I'm tired, it's ten-fold! Then I hit snooze five times & by the last time, he's pushing me out of bed trying to help me & that just irritates me even more since he gets to lay there still. :angry: This morning I left the house grumpy & when he started to get up to give me a kiss I closed the door. What a meanie I am. When I got to work he called to apologize for trying to get me going by pushing me out of bed which was a sweet gesture (apologizing that is) but it's more than just that. I'm finding one of the biggest challenges is being the sole provider & not always feeling like I have enough help. Now he agreed that on as many nights as we can work out, he'll try & cook dinner so I don't have to come home & do all of that too. He's made some dinners but he's not familiar with the spices & ingredients so he's reluctant. We haven't had a chance to get across the bay to a Jamaican food store so I've been doing a lot of the cooking. He is always really good about 'pulling up his socks' (as his Granny used to say) when I tell him I need some help. I just need to relax a little & keep remembering that what he does may not be up to my standards (I'm particular about things) but at least he's trying. So there are our adjustment issues of the day.

Ells (Hugs) You are going to be alright! These are normal adjustment issues. It isn't easy being the sole provider but you knew the deal going into to this process. It's not always easy trust me, but communication is the key you will find your nitch together! Hubby and I have growing pains buts its all natural and we work it out right away.

Girl I am a wild sleeper and I love a million blankets and don't want to turn on the AC! The combination of the heat and me mashing him into the wall and drawing the sheets off the bed so he is on plastic half the night dang near gets me kicked out the bedroom and we have a giant California King size bed ( whatever they are called ) :rofl: :rofl: But we talk about it and work it out :yes:

I sent you a Kitty on FB :luv: to cheer you up!

:thumbs:

Timeline
At 3:50 A.M. yesterday, a ground floor Mariner's room was robbed. The people staying in the room were from Canada, Jamaicans visiting relatives/vacationing. The grandmother woke up to see a man going out the door just before 4 a.m. She screamed & then she, her daughter, & the teenage granddaughter locked the door & stayed in the room until almost 6 a.m. The daughter & teenager came to the front desk to report the break in & I was in the lobby. They were obviously very upset & distraught. The daughter had come in around 2 a.m. from visiting relatives. No visitors/guests were in their room. All doors were locked but the chain had not been put on the main entrance.

All money was taken, room & safe keys, cell phone (Canada cell phone, not Jamaica cell phone), and their laptop minus the power cord all gone. They were very concerned about whether or not their documents had been taken from the safe. A purse w/ •••••• in it was taken & discarded outside, close to the room. They did not call the front desk because they did not have a working phone. Apparently they had complained about it repeatedly (among other things not in working order... common w/ Mariner rooms from what I've been hearing)& in the 6 days they had been here... no repair (again, common w/ Mariner's). They discovered early on that the phone did not work because the cord was cut!

They must have been awfully scared because there's enough light to be out & about around 5 a.m. & they stayed in the room another hour. I guess we'd all react in different ways. When there was a break in next door to my room in 1988, the man in the room hopped off the balcony stark naked & chased after the thief. I don't think I'd go that far but I'd sure be yelling & making a commotion once the initial shock wore off. At least I'd like to think that's what I'd do. I hope I never have the experience of waking up to a stranger in my room making off w/ all my valuables.

They asked that the police be called but the hotel did not get on that right away. Eventually they did because their was a police car out front when I came back from the gym about 8:15 a.m. It wasn't there when I went over just after 7.

That is messed up. I wrote quite of few stories similiar to this on Tripadvisor....most were from Beachcomber.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.