SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
once again, I'm sleeping it always hits right before noon, what's up with that

stop nyam dem heap a dumpling and yam

other than that ....i got nothing

well, I just ate some ackee and saltfish no dumplin just bannana, yam, sweet potatoes -- dumplin bine me

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
once again, I'm sleeping it always hits right before noon, what's up with that

stop nyam dem heap a dumpling and yam

other than that ....i got nothing

well, I just ate some ackee and saltfish no dumplin just bannana, yam, sweet potatoes -- dumplin bine me

thanks tre...i haven't had anything to eat all day and now i am starving.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

JG, thanks for your story. You are truly a strong woman. I am sure you feel stronger for getting through it.

I am so thankful that Louis can deal without the weed. He understands the consiquences. I have not (nor him) paid for it since he got here. The only time Louis gets it is when someone gives him a little. My friend's husband gave him a spliff for the 4th... he still has it!

He had a friend that went to Canada for work ... got caught with weed and sent home. Louis was so dissapointed in him. He couldn't beleive he gave up an oppurtunity like that for something so unneccesary....

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

CONGRATS LOVESPONGE!!!!! We want to see pictures so you better take someone with you so they can snap away!

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
talking about the smoking thing; I know people who have gone through the process twice and tested positive both time. No, way I could survive that. They asked my husband 5 times if he's ever smoked and he said no, the doctor joked and said, man, a ow you eye dem so red and shinny...he told the doc he had allergies. The doctor was upfront and asked my husband if im bun ganga, he didn't even beat around the bush.

When I decided to get serious with my husband I asked him 5 simple questions

1) Are you married

2) Have you ever been locked up

3) Has anyone ever filed papers for you

4) Do you smoke

5) Do you have any children

What I have a problem with is the laid-back attitude once some men/women come to states. My cousin's husband has been here 2 years now and not working, why...cause im rass won't put done displif, bout it cleanse his soul. He tested positive the 1st time he went through the visa process, second time around his dumba$$ stopped smoking a month before the medical and by the grace of God his test came up clean and thought it was funny....bout seet deh a jah works!

I love this! Tre you need to teach a class in assertiveness and my best friend needs to take. In fact she lives in MD.. I think you should "school her"!! I just told her the other day that she needs to ask certain questions BEFORE even giving out her number. She wants to get married and have kids, she is already 35! She needs to stop messing with these fools who keep secrets, have a wife..or whatever!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
When I got home from the baseball game today, I did my 3 usual checks for USCIS news: mail, email, & USCIS case status website. Seeing nothing there, and hearing how all my other long-waiting December filers are being approved this week, I called the number & used the secret code Roxie told me.

The lady told me that they're processing cases from December 23 today. Then she asked for my receipt number, and I heard quite for a long time. "Hello?" "I'm still here." Then she goes "Well, I have good news. YOUR APPROVAL WAS SENT OUT TODAY." I started screaming/crying/talking. She kept trying to tell me about NVC & blah blah blah. But I was on my approval high and didn't hear a word she said!

:dance::dance::crying::dance::dance::star:

Praise be to God. JUST yesterday, Steven told me that he got the passport pictures which was the VERY last thing we needed for the medical/interview. After he said that, I pointed up and said "We're ready! The next step is on You!" Then, today, NOA2!!

Congrats.

awww. have fun jg.. great to be doing something u enjoy!!

OMG....you have no idea. We toured FanFest. It is going to be so cool. The call St. Louis Baseball Heaven. This weekend into next week, truly is going to be.

JG give me the details...what should we go and see and do?

Everything at Fanfest. It's awesome. There should be a $5 off coupon in the paper all this week. Give yourself at least 3 hours I think. parking may be tough. But, WELL worth it. It was incredible.

Interactive things

Famous players

exhibits

Autographs

So much more. I was floored.

All at America's Center. I think it's 9-7 tomorrow and 9-9 all the way through Tuesday. Might look it up online though to make sure.

Hey JG! Go Brewers!!

Boo Hiss!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Thanks JG I will look it up. Not sure if the mister is so into baseball yet but I would love to go and check it out. I would just take the metro link so I wouldn't have to worry about parking.

Are you working there or at the stadium? I really hope you are at the stadium I know you will about pass out with excitement.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Morning/Afternoon Yardies! (I always do that cause I'm on west coast time in case anyone wonders.)

I'm so tired today....we need a new & bigger bed. When I wake at night to tinkle, I usually get back in bed & fall right back to sleep....now it's two of us & when he gets back in bed, he fidgets for a half hour & I lose more sleep now than I did even before when I had bouts of insomnia. We need to figure out a way to make our sleep more sound because I'm already a grump in the mornings & when I'm tired, it's ten-fold! Then I hit snooze five times & by the last time, he's pushing me out of bed trying to help me & that just irritates me even more since he gets to lay there still. :angry: This morning I left the house grumpy & when he started to get up to give me a kiss I closed the door. What a meanie I am. When I got to work he called to apologize for trying to get me going by pushing me out of bed which was a sweet gesture (apologizing that is) but it's more than just that. I'm finding one of the biggest challenges is being the sole provider & not always feeling like I have enough help. Now he agreed that on as many nights as we can work out, he'll try & cook dinner so I don't have to come home & do all of that too. He's made some dinners but he's not familiar with the spices & ingredients so he's reluctant. We haven't had a chance to get across the bay to a Jamaican food store so I've been doing a lot of the cooking. He is always really good about 'pulling up his socks' (as his Granny used to say) when I tell him I need some help. I just need to relax a little & keep remembering that what he does may not be up to my standards (I'm particular about things) but at least he's trying. So there are our adjustment issues of the day.

Congratsssss Nat!!

For the first time EVER I have a pic of the three of us, my husband HATES photos!!

3703237566_d39da7cf2b.jpg

Very nice picture...although he still didn't look at the camera. LOL

Nice picture fi true...but I thought the same thing Jawi did, he didn't look at the camera! :no:

I'm going July 26-29. I doubt it can be that soon, as that wouldn't leave enough time for the medical. And since I'm going in July, I don't know how the boss would feel about me taking off again in August.

Speaking of... After you have the medical, do you pick up the results in __ days or do they mail the results straight to the embassy? If you pick them up, how long do they take to be ready?

You pick up the results & it's usually around a week to two after the exam but usually a couple days before the interview. If he goes to Mobay for the medical, chat to me prior okay? Tell him not to let any of the staff make him feel like they're doing him a favor by getting his medical results to him in good time....IT'S THEIR JOB! Anyway, we should talk before that part.

I told Andre if he did not pass the medical, I COULD not stay in the relationship with him at all. I couldn't afford it anymore.

We didn't really have that problem since he hardly ever smokes anyway but I would've been the same way! Sometimes my head is definitely more in things than my heart is. Sometimes I'm just a stone cold realist & I feel like I'll give up 'love' if it doesn't make sense.

JG, I also feel like this relationship is WAAAAAAAY too expensive to continue as an LDR for too long. These trips to Jamaica every 2-3 months and phone calls AREN'T cheap at all.

:yes::yes::yes:

I think today is the day I spill my guts cause it fits this conversation. Those that already know this, thanks for listening to my vents and having such strong shoulders. Those who don't.....well, maybe this can help you one day.

Andre smoked weed in JA. Pretty regularly. He was in no way a deadbeat....he had a full-time job, took care of his family, and went out with friends. After much warning from me, and the fact that his sister had to pay the doctor to get her failed text fixed, he quit about 2 months before the medical and passed.

Fast forward to the US....it's expensive here. I'm the only one working and there are still residual LDR costs, additional ones, and the whole AOS/Green card thing going on. He bugged me enough that I gave him $40 a check to spend on it. Eventually, that wasn't enough "allowence". I started feeling like ####### by the things he was saying, so I caved. Got to $100 a check. In the drug world, that's not much. But, in the one paycheck world, it's tough. After failing a drug test for his first job interview, he eventually found a job. He started putting his own money towards his soon to be ever increasing habit. You know the drug laws here.....they can confiscate things if they so desire. I had lost so much in this LDR, I could not afford to lose anything else. I caught him lying.....smoking before work, in my car, DURING work, after work, around the clock. Wierd things started happening like major car problems only when he was driving, things missing, money missing, evidence of parties while I was at work but no one there when I got home. It turned into him working, smoking, and then falling asleep. I was alone and loney. I fought with him.....for him.....for a little over a year. We even had an incident where my cousin was mugged by someone who knew Andre's name and described me. Scary stuff.

He knew of my unhappiness with it all. He knew the consequences of getting caught. Hell, he was working up the management ladder at work. I kept warning there would be random drug tests eventually. The last straw was the day I came home to find him in the same room as my kids....him smoking and them watching a movie. I blew my top. Told him I was done. In the end, I chose not to engage in illegal activities and not to risk the lives of everyone I love and everything we have because of him. I gave him everything and he turned out not to be worthy of it. Not to even seem to care.

We began seperating the end of last year. At first it was cordial. It didn't end that way. I have not spoken to him in months. We can't even be near each other without the police involved anymore. 2 months ago, our divorce was final.

Don't mourn for me. I am fine. In fact, my friends and family will tell you I am happier today then I have been in a long time. I have moved on and life is good. I don't live every day in fear cause of his stupidity anymore. And, I'm not lonely anymore.

He lives in our old apartment and has a roughly 4 months pregnant girlfriend. I wish him the very best. I just don't want anything at all to do with him anymore. In fact, he was in the hospital for 2 weeks recently with sickle cell complications. I did not go visit him. My 17 year old (today!) son went to visit him. I told him if he was dying, call me and I would go up there. If not, sorry.

The moral of my story is if you have reservations about the drug issues now, please talk about them and work it out however it suits you. But, know your limits and think about the consequences. Drug usage in the US is a completely different thing then in JA. I don't know of a single JA man who truly understands that NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY.

WOW JG! I didn't want to pry but I knew something had happened. I'm glad you are happier for it though....just another one of life's lessons that makes us stronger & wiser in the end. Thanks for sharing your story. I'd probably have blown my top in your situation too. He was taking advantage of your kindness, love & generosity & I don't blame you for the stance you took. Although I'm only making assumptions here, it seems to me like even this has not left you jaded (or not more than you already were...LOL) so that's a really great thing. You have the wisdom to know this is just the end of one chapter & it's time for a new & brighter one.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks JG I will look it up. Not sure if the mister is so into baseball yet but I would love to go and check it out. I would just take the metro link so I wouldn't have to worry about parking.

Are you working there or at the stadium? I really hope you are at the stadium I know you will about pass out with excitement.

I put some more info on FB too in answer to your question there.

I am there. I am working the your picture on a trading card booth Sat & Tues. Floater on Sun.

I think I won Home Run Derby tickets from State Farm so I may be there Mon.

For working FanFest, I am registered to win a set of All Star Game tickets. Will find out monday at noon. I have 2 chances in 2,300. I think good odds. Wish me luck.

Any way you look at it, I am part of this city's history now. I am so excited.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I put some more info on FB too in answer to your question there.

I am there. I am working the your picture on a trading card booth Sat & Tues. Floater on Sun.

I think I won Home Run Derby tickets from State Farm so I may be there Mon.

For working FanFest, I am registered to win a set of All Star Game tickets. Will find out monday at noon. I have 2 chances in 2,300. I think good odds. Wish me luck.

Any way you look at it, I am part of this city's history now. I am so excited.

That is awesome! Go Albert!

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

IrieCat how come your flag waves?

Ells, thanks for the adjustment story. I'm used to snoozing every 8 minutes for up to 60 minutes in the morning, myself. Fortunately, Steven can sleep through ANYTHING so he might not even wake up when my alarm goes off. Meanwhile, I can have my phone on silent and the vibration will be enough to wake me. I'll definitely contact you before the medical.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.