Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies, Big Congratulations to Nat.

I am Pleased to say that after much consideration, deliberation, thought, and prayer I have decided to GET MARRIED TOMMORROW. I know its kind of sudden so we are just going to do it courthouse style and forget all the big plans.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
When I got home from the baseball game today, I did my 3 usual checks for USCIS news: mail, email, & USCIS case status website. Seeing nothing there, and hearing how all my other long-waiting December filers are being approved this week, I called the number & used the secret code Roxie told me.

The lady told me that they're processing cases from December 23 today. Then she asked for my receipt number, and I heard quite for a long time. "Hello?" "I'm still here." Then she goes "Well, I have good news. YOUR APPROVAL WAS SENT OUT TODAY." I started screaming/crying/talking. She kept trying to tell me about NVC & blah blah blah. But I was on my approval high and didn't hear a word she said!

:dance::dance::crying::dance::dance::star:

Praise be to God. JUST yesterday, Steven told me that he got the passport pictures which was the VERY last thing we needed for the medical/interview. After he said that, I pointed up and said "We're ready! The next step is on You!" Then, today, NOA2!!

Congrats.

awww. have fun jg.. great to be doing something u enjoy!!

OMG....you have no idea. We toured FanFest. It is going to be so cool. The call St. Louis Baseball Heaven. This weekend into next week, truly is going to be.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Okay i was pissed the hell off two hours ago!!!!!! thinking i was caught up but was still in thread 15!!! so this is a double post...

Okay all caught up.... First of all where the hell is everybody???

second Dada n Hotlegz lmao yall need to stop i seen the both of yall pic's and neither one of yall are ugly so just stop it!!! i yuh want i can show yall sum ugly or less attractive ppl :whistle:

third MY TRIP WAS AWESOME i had a blast! went to the jerk festival my friends met me on Thursday they all luvvvv J **kiss teeth** him try fi tek mi frenz away! I worked my #### off in my shoes all di gals either dem ah pree or rate me when i wore dem... It was so funny cause i mean the guys was going hard as soon as j look the other way i had them blowing kisses and acting up lmao i asked j if he was mad he was like no it make him feel good all the men ah pree his girl and im shutting all them down lol... i really had fun fun fun dis time i was truly myself i mean in the club singing all the songs dancing my azz off j was like oh so this is the Tee i been hearing about lol fun times mi ah sey... the only thing that pissed me off was the fact that j did not stop smoking yet like he was suppose to do last month after cussing him the hell out for a hour i came to the fact that i am not going to nagg him or bother myself about it he know what he needs to do to get what he wants so if smoking is that important than obviously im not! so mi caan manage nuh more stress and mi nuh bother wit dat so hopefully he would wise up! but all in all i had fun alot of laughing and smiling i so proud of myself cause when i use to leave before i use to be so dramatic but now i got it unda control I think j kinda miss me acting a fool in the airport cause he was like how come yu ah bawl fi Michael Jackson and nuh bawl at the airport nomore lol i thought that was cute :blush:

ohhhhhhhhh this is so late but here's and update on mi fren with the donkey pic on the net i left a comment under the pic asking the moderator to stop being so mean and to take it down because its a shame that you cant just go out and let loose a lil without being ridiculed and shockingly she took it down, my fren was so damn happy i was more like ummmm hummmmm whatever....

Welcome back Newly...glad the shoes earned their keep. So, I'm assuming you mean he won't stop smoking herb. I hope he knows to deny...deny...deny. You may want to pay to have him tested prior to him going to the medical too...hate for you to waste so much time and energy on the process...and he didn't stop..because then you know that you can reschedule/postpone the medical and interview for a while until his system is clean.

Let me ask a few questions: How many of you would stay with your man if he was restricted from entering the US for 3 years because of herb smoking? How many of you would stay with your man if he was banned in the US for 3/7/10 years for overstaying a visitors visa or work visa? How long would you wait for USCIS to approve the petition before you decided to give up or seek another alternative? How long would you stay in an LDR?

I told Andre if he did not pass the medical, I COULD not stay in the relationship with him at all. I couldn't afford it anymore.

I'm sooooooooooooo jealous. Although, I don't understand the words "I have no interest in baseball".....You are speaking some foreign language to me!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

...And to answer your veiled threat. I ain't skeered! :lol:

BTW I will get it to you ASAP

Don't make me hunt you down, girlie!!!! :whistle:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
finesse.. khia is a rapper.. "my neck my back" and don't she sing the line dance song "kang wang wid it"

ok, just wanted to make sure it wasn't someone on this thread in the pic before i start talking ish...cuz these people look busted...dude has the biggest forehead i ever seen

THAT IS MY BROTHER and I don't appreciate you talking about him like that. Just last year he was chosen the most handsome man in the magazine Africa's Most Eligible Bachelor. Do you have any idea how many women have offered him dowries to be married to him? How dare you. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ha ha....You ain't right!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
what did your mister say when you told him y'all got NOA2?

once in a GREAT while my man is quiet- that was one of those moments

'yuh serious? yuh lie! .......................BUMBACLOOOOOOOO0000ooo0T, wait---- yuh serious?'

LOL For some reason, instead of calling him with the news, I sent him a text message. So.... I missed his initial reaction. But I KNOW he was excited because he actually told his friends! He typically says little-to-nothing about our relationship to external people, but he shared this news.

English, I love this...you hubby and mine would get along great...he also hates photos.

JaEnglish, Tre, why don't your men like to take photos?

In the beginning, Steven didn't like them either. When I was gathering pics for evidence, I was a bit concerned about the lack of pics from my first 3 visits to Jamaica. By my 4th trip, he started posing for the camera, though. Not sure what caused that change of heart.

Sus, I thought I quoted your post, but I guess I didn't. What is "=-"?

JG, I also feel like this relationship is WAAAAAAAY too expensive to continue as an LDR for too long. These trips to Jamaica every 2-3 months and phone calls AREN'T cheap at all.

Lovesponge, I wish you the best! Thanks for all the help you've provided me to me about this process.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I need your advice. I think I know that answer but I will ask anyway.

Part 1 - There is this co-worker who is friends with this other person. The person found a better paying job and left for greener pastures about a year ago, but this co-worker apparently was jealous of the move. This other person's job was eliminated and he wanted to come back to the fold and everything was looking good until this co-worker went behind her friend's back and told our director that she does not think this person will stay for long so he should not be re-hired. This resulted in the person being turned down.

Part 2 - This guy is so devastated that he has been talking about it on his Facebook page and appears to be in total shock. This "heffa" has printed out the page from FB and is showing everybody at work and they have been making fun of this all day. Should I go on FB and private mail this person to let him know? BTW, I did not socialize with them so he is not a friend and normally I would not care. However, something about this just urks me.

If they are printing stuff out, I would not do it. He's liable to say something to someone and you will be in the middle. I've learned the HARD way FB can wreck havoc on your life if information gets into the wrong hands.

Comfort him if you feel the need or even say something to them at work; but don't say anything that will reflect badly on you if it gets out when he's pissed and spills you said it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Jawi - To answer you questions - The act of still smoking knowing that it could possible jepodize {sp} our future here in the US...clearly means that he/she doesn't feel the scarfice is worth it. Once the petitioner has the NOA2 here..they should definitely, hands down, STOP. It will payoff in the long run. Then who do they turn to pay off the medical for being dirty? The petitioner.

I've seen people fail the test and the wife had to call the doctor to beg for a pay off.

I would not stay with that person if they didn't pass. It's a sign of huge disrespect...and COULD possible lead to other issues. Plus, personally I don't smoke :innocent: and wouldn't want to the hassle of keeping out of the cops eyes here. It leads to nothing good. Just my two cents. :blush: Back to work for me.

KK

I agree 100% with KK...as soon as I got our NOA2 hubby stopped smoking...so he stopped smoking for 9mos before his medical in Nov...I wouldn't have stayed if he didn't listen cause he know the consequences if they found it in his system...

My husband gained weight too when he first came up here...he was about 140 in JA...but he lost it all...he use to weigh 150pounds when he first came up and now he dropped down to 136pounds...i told him its because he started smoking again...as soon as he started smoking heavy again he started losing weight and just didn't look as healthy as he did when he first came up...a lot of people told him that his looked change since he's been here but he don't want to listen...he thinks it just my way of nagging so he can stop...but the evidence is there... :angry:

CONGRATULATIONS NAT!!!!!!!!!!!...Been waiting to see your approval happen....

see I think that would be a huge problem for me. I wouldn't tolerate a man that only quit so he could get to the States...just because once that obstacle is out of the way...he won't see a reason not to do it again. A doesn't smoke...I have even offered to smoke with him just to see what he does...and he has refused every time. I don't smoke...so I don't know what I would have done if he had ever answered yes. LMAO.

I knew that we were okay when he called me one day a few years ago PISSED. His friends had made porridge and put the leaf in the porridge as it cooked...and he couldn't figure out why he felt funny and out of it. They all started laughing and rolling around on the ground thinking his reaction was funny. He cussed them out and refuses to eat with them now. So, now I don't test him to see if he really abstains or not.

My ex-husband swore me up and down that he didn't smoke anymore...then he got here and thought I wouldn't be able to tell that he had smoked. I told him don't put them smoke infested lips and tongue on me....go kiss his ashtray since he obviously loved it more. LOL

Jawi, the problem comes in trying to change him. If he did it before and you accepted it in JA, you can't very well say, OK, now, you are with me and you have to stop. You can warn them about the consequences in the US....the stricter drug laws.....drug tests for employment....especially the cost. But, it comes down to if you accepted it in JA are you trying to change them in the US. I know, I felt the same way...Just STOP. But, if you heard the flack you take from people who just bash the ####### out of you for "trying to change them after you accepted them like that in JA", you might change your position.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
JG, I also feel like this relationship is WAAAAAAAY too expensive to continue as an LDR for too long. These trips to Jamaica every 2-3 months and phone calls AREN'T cheap at all.

Nat, it depends. My aunt has been in an LDR for 30 years now. She lives in FL and husband is in Jamaica since they got married in 1979. It works for them, but it wasn't easy for the first 5 years.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Congrats on the big day tomorrow LoveSponge..

JaEnglish.. love your photos! Wish I could have you take some of my family. Ever come to Maine??? LOL

I am so happy! I thought it was Tuesday yesterday!!! Now it is Thursday... and the sun is shining! Wooo! Even got Louis out of bed this morning for a nice long walk.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

morning yardies

i have to go into office :angry: booooooo!!

best wishes LS

nice pic JaE

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
Jawi - To answer you questions - The act of still smoking knowing that it could possible jepodize {sp} our future here in the US...clearly means that he/she doesn't feel the scarfice is worth it. Once the petitioner has the NOA2 here..they should definitely, hands down, STOP. It will payoff in the long run. Then who do they turn to pay off the medical for being dirty? The petitioner.

I've seen people fail the test and the wife had to call the doctor to beg for a pay off.

I would not stay with that person if they didn't pass. It's a sign of huge disrespect...and COULD possible lead to other issues. Plus, personally I don't smoke :innocent: and wouldn't want to the hassle of keeping out of the cops eyes here. It leads to nothing good. Just my two cents. :blush: Back to work for me.

KK

I agree 100% with KK...as soon as I got our NOA2 hubby stopped smoking...so he stopped smoking for 9mos before his medical in Nov...I wouldn't have stayed if he didn't listen cause he know the consequences if they found it in his system...

My husband gained weight too when he first came up here...he was about 140 in JA...but he lost it all...he use to weigh 150pounds when he first came up and now he dropped down to 136pounds...i told him its because he started smoking again...as soon as he started smoking heavy again he started losing weight and just didn't look as healthy as he did when he first came up...a lot of people told him that his looked change since he's been here but he don't want to listen...he thinks it just my way of nagging so he can stop...but the evidence is there... :angry:

CONGRATULATIONS NAT!!!!!!!!!!!...Been waiting to see your approval happen....

see I think that would be a huge problem for me. I wouldn't tolerate a man that only quit so he could get to the States...just because once that obstacle is out of the way...he won't see a reason not to do it again. A doesn't smoke...I have even offered to smoke with him just to see what he does...and he has refused every time. I don't smoke...so I don't know what I would have done if he had ever answered yes. LMAO.

I knew that we were okay when he called me one day a few years ago PISSED. His friends had made porridge and put the leaf in the porridge as it cooked...and he couldn't figure out why he felt funny and out of it. They all started laughing and rolling around on the ground thinking his reaction was funny. He cussed them out and refuses to eat with them now. So, now I don't test him to see if he really abstains or not.

My ex-husband swore me up and down that he didn't smoke anymore...then he got here and thought I wouldn't be able to tell that he had smoked. I told him don't put them smoke infested lips and tongue on me....go kiss his ashtray since he obviously loved it more. LOL

The reason why i tolerate it was because I never had a problem with him smoking when i was with him...because i met him as a smoker...hell i smoked with him when i would visit him...I'm not a smoker but a casual smoker if that makes any sense... :blush: ....I just needed him to stop so he can pass the test since its illegal...now the reason i complain now is because he is letting it consume him...I have told him countless time that i don't have a problem with you smoking but when i see that you let it take over your day to day things then its a problem...to me he smokes more that he is up here than he was in JA....he says its because its not as strong as it is in JA...which probably it is true...he could never finish one whole spliff by himself in JA...I would just get two pulls and i'm done... :wacko: ...I was talking to him today about it when he was telling me that he lost weight and i just said you need to calm down with the smoking...you are just doing it too often and its probably affecting your eating habits...will see if he listens this time... :star:

I PM'd you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.