SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So why my girlfriend who was suppose to get married in 2011 decided last week she getting married 2010 June or July haven't set a date yet, but called me today to tell me she ordering our dress today cause J crew may not have it in that color come next year..... How about none of the bridesmaid have even tried the dress on.... and it has a very wide v cut up top which I don't think will fit my ta tas... and she wants to order me a size 6 so incase I gain weight it will be able to fit, mind you I am currently between a 2/4 so a 6 is pushing it and getting it alter will probable cause as much as the darn dress.....! rant over!

Maybe not bridal attire tends to run smaller in size so that size six might actually be a size 4 but dang Portland you telling us you wear a size 2/4 was really TMI.. Sigh

Yes I’m jealous!!! LOL

lol. sorry dada... but if it makes you feel better i have noassatall... so would rather be a 6 and have someass!!! lol... That way I can do my Beyonce shake!!!

English, your family is beautiful... glad you are having a good time... Did you see any great spots for wedding? The lady has not gotten back to me about Coyaba Gardens or Shaw park...

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
:ot:

Quick question: (Me and my questions)

My SIL went to take her citizenship test today...She passed it but the COs wants her to come back to prove bonafide relationship with her husband (my brother)... :huh: They want her to bring lease agreement showing both names, bank statements, blah blah blah...Has anyone heard of this before...I thought this was only for the greencard stage why are they making her go through this again...

Little background:

When she first came up here she did come up illegally using someone elses papers...she met my brother dated for 2 years got married and filed...she had to pay a fine of over 1K for being illegal and not being able to prove how she came up here...she paid it and she went for the AOS interview with my brother and their son (he was a few months old at the time) and then she was granted her 10yr greencard...They have been married for 8 years now...

I think they are giving her a hard time because they are mad that she was able to bypass immigration and now she is about to become a citizen....so to them its like a slap in the face that she was able to get this all done and not get deported from the start...IDK...What u guys think... :ot2:

Stone, if she has only had her GC for 3 years then the citizenship would be based on her marriage to a US citizen. But if she has had her GC for 5 years or more then she shouldn't need to do all that....!

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

Took a furlough (unpaid) day off yesterday & played tour guide for my girlfriend & her husband & their two boys who came from Redding to watch the Giants game. We had a really fun day!

My laugh of the day - I got a message on FB from a woman - the title of the email was Conversation, and here is the message:

"sorry im new at this but im not new at seeing beauty"

I replied back huh? and emailed the friend that we had in common to ask if the woman was Gay - Then I got a reply back - it was her son, using his mother's profile to pick up women -

LMAO

Oh my goodness.....what a dork! :yes:

no, the cops didn't have to shut it down....but I wish they would of. This was like the party that never ended. For the most part, it was fun. My husband had everything under control. He made all the food and did most of the cleanup. I just had to do a lot of running around beforehand. I think I went to get ice about 10 times.

so many funny and stupid things happened, i can't even remember right now. All I remember is when we finally woke up the next day, there were still people partying at my house.....including one dude who nobody knew...like he just wandered in the yard from the alley at 5am for a beer and decided to stay.....

:rofl: Can I come to the next one??

Thank you to:

NatPatBen

Justucia

Kimmy

Sunray

(and Jawi before).

You guys KNOW why. The rest of you are slackers!!!!!!!!!!

What happened? What did I miss?? I don't know anything.... :huh::huh:

I'm so proud of me!

1) I went to bed early (11:45pm), 2) got up early (7:45am), and 3) I walked/jogged a mile before work this morning! I know it doesn't sound like much to you hard-core exercisers... but every part of those three things was a major victory for me.

That's on top of last night, where I cleaned up in prep for the housekeeper coming today. That's a chore I hate (just like getting eyebrows waxed, putting gas in the car, and responding to email) but I was proud to get it done.

You go girl! But once again I swear you are my soul sister because we're better night people than morning people & all three of those things would be a fete for me too! (Not to mention I have a hard time with certain basic chores AND responding to e-mails!) :yes:

hi yardies

back at work

had a nice quiet but meaningful weekend :luv:

YAY! :dance:

Why is July taking so DAMN long? This entire year has flown by...but oh no...let me have a countdown and it slows to a crawl! DANG IT!!!!

And July is just a flingin flangin LONG month anyway!! :angry::wacko:

Still having a BALL!! Can't believe half my vacation is over :(

My famously camera shy husband let me take some pics of him, first in a YEAR!!!!

He took the baby on a jetski ride, baby thought he died and went to heaven lol!!!

That is sooo cute! I can only imagine the look on little man's face being with Papa on the big jetski!

Those pics are fabulous!

When I got home from the baseball game today, I did my 3 usual checks for USCIS news: mail, email, & USCIS case status website. Seeing nothing there, and hearing how all my other long-waiting December filers are being approved this week, I called the number & used the secret code Roxie told me.

The lady told me that they're processing cases from December 23 today. Then she asked for my receipt number, and I heard quite for a long time. "Hello?" "I'm still here." Then she goes "Well, I have good news. YOUR APPROVAL WAS SENT OUT TODAY." I started screaming/crying/talking. She kept trying to tell me about NVC & blah blah blah. But I was on my approval high and didn't hear a word she said!

:dance: :dance: :crying::dance: :dance: :star:

Praise be to God. JUST yesterday, Steven told me that he got the passport pictures which was the VERY last thing we needed for the medical/interview. After he said that, I pointed up and said "We're ready! The next step is on You!" Then, today, NOA2!!

CONGRATS!!!!!! IT TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
that's it. i've heard enough. i'm sending my husband back. can i get a refund?

when i saw this i busted out laughing :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
When I got home from the baseball game today, I did my 3 usual checks for USCIS news: mail, email, & USCIS case status website. Seeing nothing there, and hearing how all my other long-waiting December filers are being approved this week, I called the number & used the secret code Roxie told me.

The lady told me that they're processing cases from December 23 today. Then she asked for my receipt number, and I heard quite for a long time. "Hello?" "I'm still here." Then she goes "Well, I have good news. YOUR APPROVAL WAS SENT OUT TODAY." I started screaming/crying/talking. She kept trying to tell me about NVC & blah blah blah. But I was on my approval high and didn't hear a word she said!

:dance: :dance: :crying::dance: :dance: :star:

Praise be to God. JUST yesterday, Steven told me that he got the passport pictures which was the VERY last thing we needed for the medical/interview. After he said that, I pointed up and said "We're ready! The next step is on You!" Then, today, NOA2!!

CONGRATULATIONS :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mrs Palmer, thanks for sharing your story. That would be REALLY rough.

I'm SO glad I found VisaJourney and this thread. The information I've learned from all of you sharing your stories of the process & the adjustment have REALLY helped me so far and I'm sure will continue to help me as I walk in your footprints.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Okay i was pissed the hell off two hours ago!!!!!! thinking i was caught up but was still in thread 15!!! so this is a double post...

Okay all caught up.... First of all where the hell is everybody???

second Dada n Hotlegz lmao yall need to stop i seen the both of yall pic's and neither one of yall are ugly so just stop it!!! i yuh want i can show yall sum ugly or less attractive ppl :whistle:

third MY TRIP WAS AWESOME i had a blast! went to the jerk festival my friends met me on Thursday they all luvvvv J **kiss teeth** him try fi tek mi frenz away! I worked my #### off in my shoes all di gals either dem ah pree or rate me when i wore dem... It was so funny cause i mean the guys was going hard as soon as j look the other way i had them blowing kisses and acting up lmao i asked j if he was mad he was like no it make him feel good all the men ah pree his girl and im shutting all them down lol... i really had fun fun fun dis time i was truly myself i mean in the club singing all the songs dancing my azz off j was like oh so this is the Tee i been hearing about lol fun times mi ah sey... the only thing that pissed me off was the fact that j did not stop smoking yet like he was suppose to do last month after cussing him the hell out for a hour i came to the fact that i am not going to nagg him or bother myself about it he know what he needs to do to get what he wants so if smoking is that important than obviously im not! so mi caan manage nuh more stress and mi nuh bother wit dat so hopefully he would wise up! but all in all i had fun alot of laughing and smiling i so proud of myself cause when i use to leave before i use to be so dramatic but now i got it unda control I think j kinda miss me acting a fool in the airport cause he was like how come yu ah bawl fi Michael Jackson and nuh bawl at the airport nomore lol i thought that was cute :blush:

ohhhhhhhhh this is so late but here's and update on mi fren with the donkey pic on the net i left a comment under the pic asking the moderator to stop being so mean and to take it down because its a shame that you cant just go out and let loose a lil without being ridiculed and shockingly she took it down, my fren was so damn happy i was more like ummmm hummmmm whatever....

Welcome back Newly...glad the shoes earned their keep. So, I'm assuming you mean he won't stop smoking herb. I hope he knows to deny...deny...deny. You may want to pay to have him tested prior to him going to the medical too...hate for you to waste so much time and energy on the process...and he didn't stop..because then you know that you can reschedule/postpone the medical and interview for a while until his system is clean.

Let me ask a few questions: How many of you would stay with your man if he was restricted from entering the US for 3 years because of herb smoking? How many of you would stay with your man if he was banned in the US for 3/7/10 years for overstaying a visitors visa or work visa? How long would you wait for USCIS to approve the petition before you decided to give up or seek another alternative? How long would you stay in an LDR?

that's it. i've heard enough. i'm sending my husband back. can i get a refund?

Sorry no returns without the tag and you already tore it off. Trust me I had the same issue trying to return mine. :lol:

I wouldn't as KK said that shows he is not as committed to the relationship as you are... Before we decided to file i was thinking I couldn't do this LDR thing much less waiting 3yrs to move forward with your life...no sah mi nah do it!!!

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Timeline

I am so tired today got home at 6 and took an hour nap haven't done that since I left NY!!! :sleepy:

I hope I didn't drink any of that baby water while in PA <_<

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay i was pissed the hell off two hours ago!!!!!! thinking i was caught up but was still in thread 15!!! so this is a double post...

Okay all caught up.... First of all where the hell is everybody???

second Dada n Hotlegz lmao yall need to stop i seen the both of yall pic's and neither one of yall are ugly so just stop it!!! i yuh want i can show yall sum ugly or less attractive ppl :whistle:

third MY TRIP WAS AWESOME i had a blast! went to the jerk festival my friends met me on Thursday they all luvvvv J **kiss teeth** him try fi tek mi frenz away! I worked my #### off in my shoes all di gals either dem ah pree or rate me when i wore dem... It was so funny cause i mean the guys was going hard as soon as j look the other way i had them blowing kisses and acting up lmao i asked j if he was mad he was like no it make him feel good all the men ah pree his girl and im shutting all them down lol... i really had fun fun fun dis time i was truly myself i mean in the club singing all the songs dancing my azz off j was like oh so this is the Tee i been hearing about lol fun times mi ah sey... the only thing that pissed me off was the fact that j did not stop smoking yet like he was suppose to do last month after cussing him the hell out for a hour i came to the fact that i am not going to nagg him or bother myself about it he know what he needs to do to get what he wants so if smoking is that important than obviously im not! so mi caan manage nuh more stress and mi nuh bother wit dat so hopefully he would wise up! but all in all i had fun alot of laughing and smiling i so proud of myself cause when i use to leave before i use to be so dramatic but now i got it unda control I think j kinda miss me acting a fool in the airport cause he was like how come yu ah bawl fi Michael Jackson and nuh bawl at the airport nomore lol i thought that was cute :blush:

ohhhhhhhhh this is so late but here's and update on mi fren with the donkey pic on the net i left a comment under the pic asking the moderator to stop being so mean and to take it down because its a shame that you cant just go out and let loose a lil without being ridiculed and shockingly she took it down, my fren was so damn happy i was more like ummmm hummmmm whatever....

Welcome back Newly...glad the shoes earned their keep. So, I'm assuming you mean he won't stop smoking herb. I hope he knows to deny...deny...deny. You may want to pay to have him tested prior to him going to the medical too...hate for you to waste so much time and energy on the process...and he didn't stop..because then you know that you can reschedule/postpone the medical and interview for a while until his system is clean.

Let me ask a few questions: How many of you would stay with your man if he was restricted from entering the US for 3 years because of herb smoking? How many of you would stay with your man if he was banned in the US for 3/7/10 years for overstaying a visitors visa or work visa? How long would you wait for USCIS to approve the petition before you decided to give up or seek another alternative? How long would you stay in an LDR?

As u know this subject is very dear to me. Speaking for MY situation only, I decided to stay with my husband (then fiance) when he was denied for 3 years. I know I only did so because he tested negative, but he admitted to smoking many months earlier (they asked him had he EVER smoked b4). When I met him he didn't smoke like that, only on occasion, and the time that he referenced was during some big party. He knew from the beginning of our relationship that I was not into that, and I gave him the choice on whether he wanted to continue. For the most part he stopped, and since his denial he has not smoked at all. I didn't reallly think that he was a habitual smoker which is why I continued to be with him. Has it been easy--HELL MUTHA EFFIN NO!!! :crying: This has truly been the most difficult and trying 3 years of our lives, but we decided to do it together. He made a mistake (albeit one of his biggest mistakes EVER) but I had to eventually forgive him. But it's something we still talk about. How our lives have been affected. How are lives may still be affected in the future...we just pray and ask God for the strength to see this through until the end, and pray that this time around he will bless us with an approval. Now on the flip side, if my husband would've continued to smoke every day or every other day--even with knowing the potential consequences, and THEN he was denied--HELL NO--I wouldn't stay. Something as important as this I would hope that he could pull it together for. Plus, what happens when he gets to the US and it's time to start applying for jobs and he smokes like that? Most jobs I know do drug tests before hiring you, and some even do random drug tests once you're hired...plus, who's got time to be financially supporting their weed habit? That's taking $$ away from me and our family. It's all about thinking of the other person, and wanting to do better and be better not only for yourself, but for your spouse. You're supposed to be bringing each other up, not down---and if it causing you stress in ANY shape, way, or form, then it is bringing you down. I wish you guys luck, and I hope that at the end of the day you all can look at your SO's and feel like they have YOU ALL's best interests in mind...and that they are giving just as much in your relationship as you are giving to them....One love :star:

Mrs. P...your story is what made me pose some of the questions. I know that was devastating to you when it happened. I also think about yankeesgirl fighting for her relationship. I often wondered how many of us would stay the distance to be with the man we love or just chalk it up as not meant to be. A and I have waited a long time as well. I didn't want him to have to choose between me or his girls. We have been waiting and hoping that we could at least come to an agreement for partial custody. I tried to walk away from him because I saw how it was tearing him apart. He came back to me and told me that he was tired of being unhappy and he couldn't see his life without me. I'm happy that our LDJ is almost over...but I love this man for life...and I would do another 5 years if that is what worked for us.

nice to know that hubby is here and settling in nicely ells. jawi i am due in nov but i think they will induce me and take them earlier since i am having twins.they say it's common to deliver twins at 37 weeks.know that i will be numb from the waist down or someone will feel some of my pain,literally.

Oh ok...my sis b-day is November 7th...maybe you will have them on my birthday though...Oct 19th...GREAT DAY!!!! LOL I'm wishing you the best. Please stay in touch as much as those bambinos will allow.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
nice to know that hubby is here and settling in nicely ells. jawi i am due in nov but i think they will induce me and take them earlier since i am having twins.they say it's common to deliver twins at 37 weeks.know that i will be numb from the waist down or someone will feel some of my pain,literally.

if your talking c section ...I felt everything they did it wasnt pain but pulling and pressure

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
you still feel it..c section...oh boy...I'm really scared now...

My sis said once she got the epidoral(sp) it wasn't that bad... and she push and has a c-section all in the matter of 16 minutes!

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Timeline

That what they told my sis too, they were suppose to induce on 7/14 but she woke up in labor on 6/25 and the babies were fine both 51bs and some change...

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Timeline

i felt what they were doing it wasnt pain just uncomfortable

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

My sis said once she got the epidoral(sp) it wasn't that bad... and she push and has a c-section all in the matter of 16 minutes!

I had the epidural.. was in labor for 24 hours. When epidural wore off they wouldnt give me more! So I had the pain of the epidural (hate needles) and then had her natural anyhow. My dr retired after I had Tierra and told me her head was one of the biggest she ever delivered! OUCH!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.