SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi - To answer you questions - The act of still smoking knowing that it could possible jepodize {sp} our future here in the US...clearly means that he/she doesn't feel the scarfice is worth it. Once the petitioner has the NOA2 here..they should definitely, hands down, STOP. It will payoff in the long run. Then who do they turn to pay off the medical for being dirty? The petitioner.

I've seen people fail the test and the wife had to call the doctor to beg for a pay off.

I would not stay with that person if they didn't pass. It's a sign of huge disrespect...and COULD possible lead to other issues. Plus, personally I don't smoke :innocent: and wouldn't want to the hassle of keeping out of the cops eyes here. It leads to nothing good. Just my two cents. :blush: Back to work for me.

KK

I agree 100% with KK...as soon as I got our NOA2 hubby stopped smoking...so he stopped smoking for 9mos before his medical in Nov...I wouldn't have stayed if he didn't listen cause he know the consequences if they found it in his system...

My husband gained weight too when he first came up here...he was about 140 in JA...but he lost it all...he use to weigh 150pounds when he first came up and now he dropped down to 136pounds...i told him its because he started smoking again...as soon as he started smoking heavy again he started losing weight and just didn't look as healthy as he did when he first came up...a lot of people told him that his looked change since he's been here but he don't want to listen...he thinks it just my way of nagging so he can stop...but the evidence is there... :angry:

CONGRATULATIONS NAT!!!!!!!!!!!...Been waiting to see your approval happen....

see I think that would be a huge problem for me. I wouldn't tolerate a man that only quit so he could get to the States...just because once that obstacle is out of the way...he won't see a reason not to do it again. A doesn't smoke...I have even offered to smoke with him just to see what he does...and he has refused every time. I don't smoke...so I don't know what I would have done if he had ever answered yes. LMAO.

I knew that we were okay when he called me one day a few years ago PISSED. His friends had made porridge and put the leaf in the porridge as it cooked...and he couldn't figure out why he felt funny and out of it. They all started laughing and rolling around on the ground thinking his reaction was funny. He cussed them out and refuses to eat with them now. So, now I don't test him to see if he really abstains or not.

My ex-husband swore me up and down that he didn't smoke anymore...then he got here and thought I wouldn't be able to tell that he had smoked. I told him don't put them smoke infested lips and tongue on me....go kiss his ashtray since he obviously loved it more. LOL

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I knew that we were okay when he called me one day a few years ago PISSED. His friends had made porridge and put the leaf in the porridge as it cooked...and he couldn't figure out why he felt funny and out of it. They all started laughing and rolling around on the ground thinking his reaction was funny. He cussed them out and refuses to eat with them now. So, now I don't test him to see if he really abstains or not.

that's wild

those same "freinds" would probably give him a season spliff too out of "fun"

i don't blame him for refusing to eat from them

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok see you ladies lata! I'm leaving work to pick up hubby from his brother's house and head home. Waiting to hear your advice on the afore posted subject re: co-worker.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
Thanks for the congratulations. I'm just waiting to see the update on the website or get that hard copy in my hands. For those who just went through the next few steps, hope you don't mind all the questions I'll be asking!

I was going to ask you if you were going to use the drop off date method or use DHL like I did to get the DS-230 dropped off. Also, call NVC tomorrow to see if they have your KNG #. You may not see a website update EVER. My letter from NVC came before my hardcopy NOA2. Let me know if you need anything...or have any questions. I'm sure Dills, Ells and all the rest of us should have some answers for you. You were our nailbiter case...like Gill and Mrs. Scott were a year or so ago. I'm so unbelievably happy for you right now. It's like I just got my approval notice all over again.

I can finally leave VJ in peace now. You done good baby...you done good. :dead: *Jawi fainting from a bad case of gas* :dead:

YEP! Whatever you need Nat! We're here....just ask! :thumbs:

I need ya'lls...opinion.

So normally, I stay out of my co-workers arrival and departure times. However, it is now starting to effect ME!!! My co-worker comes in after 10am and leaves before 5pm. Saying he works through lunch...okay fine..but they don't add up to 8 freaking hours. So here I am (on VJ I know) having to stay later than my normal time to work on something that is suppose to be teamwork. Not to brag on myself...Shoot...I'mma brag. I do very good work and work more efficiently then my co-workers. Bad part...I get a larger workload then they do. I refuse to work from home after work..because they have a no working from home policy..there for I ain't...yep I said ain't going to work at home period. So back to my rant....he a$$ is gone home and I'm no where near finish with my project. Not to mention I was on vacation Monday and Tuesday...and HE was suppose to have the sample pick out for me by this morning. I didn't get the freaking thing until 2pm. I'm so HOT....I mean...Hotter than the Sun...(philly gotta use something hotter than the fish grease).

Sooooo, I was thinking of having a real talk with my manager. It's not about telling on him...but this is not right. Even when I'm on VJ, I stay later to make up that time. I really don't care what time he comes in and leave...but when you have a team member staying late and you didn't even have the heart or thought to ask if I needed help. Oh..but because I get done with my work I help all of them. No fair.

Sorry to bore you with my rant. But it is really bothering me and before I go home to complain to hubby..I will get the uncontrollable vent out first.

I'd also be tempted to say something to my manager. I might phrase it like your co-worker is not getting his portion of a project done on time & it's causing you not to be able to get your part done on time. From there it's up to your supervisor to find out why.

Hi Jakes!

I wrote a recap of the last six weeks I think last Friday so if you go back in the thread to Friday, you'll see that! Nat just got her NOA2 today!! Hmmm....I didn't make notes to give you a recap on the last few days so I'm not very helpful there. How're you feeling?

Timeline
im out to ladies.. bye jakeswife.. hope all goes well w/t he pickney to come LOL

so far so good. they are moving now but more nocturnal than ever.mi have mi work cut out fi mi. cause it seem dem nuh sleep a night

Thanks for the congratulations. I'm just waiting to see the update on the website or get that hard copy in my hands. For those who just went through the next few steps, hope you don't mind all the questions I'll be asking!

I was going to ask you if you were going to use the drop off date method or use DHL like I did to get the DS-230 dropped off. Also, call NVC tomorrow to see if they have your KNG #. You may not see a website update EVER. My letter from NVC came before my hardcopy NOA2. Let me know if you need anything...or have any questions. I'm sure Dills, Ells and all the rest of us should have some answers for you. You were our nailbiter case...like Gill and Mrs. Scott were a year or so ago. I'm so unbelievably happy for you right now. It's like I just got my approval notice all over again.

I can finally leave VJ in peace now. You done good baby...you done good. :dead: *Jawi fainting from a bad case of gas* :dead:

YEP! Whatever you need Nat! We're here....just ask! :thumbs:

I need ya'lls...opinion.

So normally, I stay out of my co-workers arrival and departure times. However, it is now starting to effect ME!!! My co-worker comes in after 10am and leaves before 5pm. Saying he works through lunch...okay fine..but they don't add up to 8 freaking hours. So here I am (on VJ I know) having to stay later than my normal time to work on something that is suppose to be teamwork. Not to brag on myself...Shoot...I'mma brag. I do very good work and work more efficiently then my co-workers. Bad part...I get a larger workload then they do. I refuse to work from home after work..because they have a no working from home policy..there for I ain't...yep I said ain't going to work at home period. So back to my rant....he a$$ is gone home and I'm no where near finish with my project. Not to mention I was on vacation Monday and Tuesday...and HE was suppose to have the sample pick out for me by this morning. I didn't get the freaking thing until 2pm. I'm so HOT....I mean...Hotter than the Sun...(philly gotta use something hotter than the fish grease).

Sooooo, I was thinking of having a real talk with my manager. It's not about telling on him...but this is not right. Even when I'm on VJ, I stay later to make up that time. I really don't care what time he comes in and leave...but when you have a team member staying late and you didn't even have the heart or thought to ask if I needed help. Oh..but because I get done with my work I help all of them. No fair.

Sorry to bore you with my rant. But it is really bothering me and before I go home to complain to hubby..I will get the uncontrollable vent out first.

I'd also be tempted to say something to my manager. I might phrase it like your co-worker is not getting his portion of a project done on time & it's causing you not to be able to get your part done on time. From there it's up to your supervisor to find out why.

Hi Jakes!

I wrote a recap of the last six weeks I think last Friday so if you go back in the thread to Friday, you'll see that! Nat just got her NOA2 today!! Hmmm....I didn't make notes to give you a recap on the last few days so I'm not very helpful there. How're you feeling?

hey ells. when is hubby coming?

Timeline
hey ells. when is hubby coming?

Hubby is here! We set a wedding date for 8/8/09 & are just working out location & details. He came home with me 6/11 & is doing well. He loves SF & is even getting used to how cold it is a little. He's been going to school & enjoying it & we just applied for his SSN yesterday so things are moving right along. :thumbs:

Timeline
Jawi - To answer you questions - The act of still smoking knowing that it could possible jepodize {sp} our future here in the US...clearly means that he/she doesn't feel the scarfice is worth it. Once the petitioner has the NOA2 here..they should definitely, hands down, STOP. It will payoff in the long run. Then who do they turn to pay off the medical for being dirty? The petitioner.

I've seen people fail the test and the wife had to call the doctor to beg for a pay off.

I would not stay with that person if they didn't pass. It's a sign of huge disrespect...and COULD possible lead to other issues. Plus, personally I don't smoke :innocent: and wouldn't want to the hassle of keeping out of the cops eyes here. It leads to nothing good. Just my two cents. :blush: Back to work for me.

KK

I agree 100% with KK...as soon as I got our NOA2 hubby stopped smoking...so he stopped smoking for 9mos before his medical in Nov...I wouldn't have stayed if he didn't listen cause he know the consequences if they found it in his system...

My husband gained weight too when he first came up here...he was about 140 in JA...but he lost it all...he use to weigh 150pounds when he first came up and now he dropped down to 136pounds...i told him its because he started smoking again...as soon as he started smoking heavy again he started losing weight and just didn't look as healthy as he did when he first came up...a lot of people told him that his looked change since he's been here but he don't want to listen...he thinks it just my way of nagging so he can stop...but the evidence is there... :angry:

see I think that would be a huge problem for me. I wouldn't tolerate a man that only quit so he could get to the States...just because once that obstacle is out of the way...he won't see a reason not to do it again. A doesn't smoke...I have even offered to smoke with him just to see what he does...and he has refused every time. I don't smoke...so I don't know what I would have done if he had ever answered yes. LMAO.

My ex-husband swore me up and down that he didn't smoke anymore...then he got here and thought I wouldn't be able to tell that he had smoked. I told him don't put them smoke infested lips and tongue on me....go kiss his ashtray since he obviously loved it more. LOL

The reason why i tolerate it was because I never had a problem with him smoking when i was with him...because i met him as a smoker...hell i smoked with him when i would visit him...I'm not a smoker but a casual smoker if that makes any sense... :blush: ....I just needed him to stop so he can pass the test since its illegal...now the reason i complain now is because he is letting it consume him...I have told him countless time that i don't have a problem with you smoking but when i see that you let it take over your day to day things then its a problem...to me he smokes more that he is up here than he was in JA....he says its because its not as strong as it is in JA...which probably it is true...he could never finish one whole spliff by himself in JA...I would just get two pulls and i'm done... :wacko: ...I was talking to him today about it when he was telling me that he lost weight and i just said you need to calm down with the smoking...you are just doing it too often and its probably affecting your eating habits...will see if he listens this time... :star:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Well I just got another project, so much for catching up LOL. Ok mi gawn home to mi Yaad. Latah Ladies

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

that's wild

those same "freinds" would probably give him a season spliff too out of "fun"

i don't blame him for refusing to eat from them

Exactly...with friends like that...yuhseeit? Oh I have never heard him so angry. He sounded like he was crying too...and ready to put a hot bullet in them.

Ok see you ladies lata! I'm leaving work to pick up hubby from his brother's house and head home. Waiting to hear your advice on the afore posted subject re: co-worker.

Cockroach nuh business inna fowl fight. Besides, it won't help him get the job now anyway. You definitely know to handle this chic with a long handled spoon though...dang she is messy. One other thing....karma is a mf!

so no one is going to tell a weary old lady with cataract what she miss. it's not my fault i have been out . things have gotten alot busier so forgive me.

Mi nuh knoa...mi cyaan rememba nuff times right after mi read ie....ah so ie go. How much longer now? Any day yuh a push?

KK

The reason why i tolerate it was because I never had a problem with him smoking when i was with him...because i met him as a smoker...hell i smoked with him when i would visit him...I'm not a smoker but a casual smoker if that makes any sense... :blush: ....I just needed him to stop so he can pass the test since its illegal...now the reason i complain now is because he is letting it consume him...I have told him countless time that i don't have a problem with you smoking but when i see that you let it take over your day to day things then its a problem...to me he smokes more that he is up here than he was in JA....he says its because its not as strong as it is in JA...which probably it is true...he could never finish one whole spliff by himself in JA...I would just get two pulls and i'm done... :wacko: ...I was talking to him today about it when he was telling me that he lost weight and i just said you need to calm down with the smoking...you are just doing it too often and its probably affecting your eating habits...will see if he listens this time... :star:

Oh okay...I understand. Different circumstances. Why do they think it is a temporary stop? What about drug testing for jobs here in the States?

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Okay i was pissed the hell off two hours ago!!!!!! thinking i was caught up but was still in thread 15!!! so this is a double post...

Okay all caught up.... First of all where the hell is everybody???

second Dada n Hotlegz lmao yall need to stop i seen the both of yall pic's and neither one of yall are ugly so just stop it!!! i yuh want i can show yall sum ugly or less attractive ppl :whistle:

third MY TRIP WAS AWESOME i had a blast! went to the jerk festival my friends met me on Thursday they all luvvvv J **kiss teeth** him try fi tek mi frenz away! I worked my #### off in my shoes all di gals either dem ah pree or rate me when i wore dem... It was so funny cause i mean the guys was going hard as soon as j look the other way i had them blowing kisses and acting up lmao i asked j if he was mad he was like no it make him feel good all the men ah pree his girl and im shutting all them down lol... i really had fun fun fun dis time i was truly myself i mean in the club singing all the songs dancing my azz off j was like oh so this is the Tee i been hearing about lol fun times mi ah sey... the only thing that pissed me off was the fact that j did not stop smoking yet like he was suppose to do last month after cussing him the hell out for a hour i came to the fact that i am not going to nagg him or bother myself about it he know what he needs to do to get what he wants so if smoking is that important than obviously im not! so mi caan manage nuh more stress and mi nuh bother wit dat so hopefully he would wise up! but all in all i had fun alot of laughing and smiling i so proud of myself cause when i use to leave before i use to be so dramatic but now i got it unda control I think j kinda miss me acting a fool in the airport cause he was like how come yu ah bawl fi Michael Jackson and nuh bawl at the airport nomore lol i thought that was cute :blush:

ohhhhhhhhh this is so late but here's and update on mi fren with the donkey pic on the net i left a comment under the pic asking the moderator to stop being so mean and to take it down because its a shame that you cant just go out and let loose a lil without being ridiculed and shockingly she took it down, my fren was so damn happy i was more like ummmm hummmmm whatever....

Welcome back Newly...glad the shoes earned their keep. So, I'm assuming you mean he won't stop smoking herb. I hope he knows to deny...deny...deny. You may want to pay to have him tested prior to him going to the medical too...hate for you to waste so much time and energy on the process...and he didn't stop..because then you know that you can reschedule/postpone the medical and interview for a while until his system is clean.

Let me ask a few questions: How many of you would stay with your man if he was restricted from entering the US for 3 years because of herb smoking? How many of you would stay with your man if he was banned in the US for 3/7/10 years for overstaying a visitors visa or work visa? How long would you wait for USCIS to approve the petition before you decided to give up or seek another alternative? How long would you stay in an LDR?

As u know this subject is very dear to me. Speaking for MY situation only, I decided to stay with my husband (then fiance) when he was denied for 3 years. I know I only did so because he tested negative, but he admitted to smoking many months earlier (they asked him had he EVER smoked b4). When I met him he didn't smoke like that, only on occasion, and the time that he referenced was during some big party. He knew from the beginning of our relationship that I was not into that, and I gave him the choice on whether he wanted to continue. For the most part he stopped, and since his denial he has not smoked at all. I didn't reallly think that he was a habitual smoker which is why I continued to be with him. Has it been easy--HELL MUTHA EFFIN NO!!! :crying: This has truly been the most difficult and trying 3 years of our lives, but we decided to do it together. He made a mistake (albeit one of his biggest mistakes EVER) but I had to eventually forgive him. But it's something we still talk about. How our lives have been affected. How are lives may still be affected in the future...we just pray and ask God for the strength to see this through until the end, and pray that this time around he will bless us with an approval. Now on the flip side, if my husband would've continued to smoke every day or every other day--even with knowing the potential consequences, and THEN he was denied--HELL NO--I wouldn't stay. Something as important as this I would hope that he could pull it together for. Plus, what happens when he gets to the US and it's time to start applying for jobs and he smokes like that? Most jobs I know do drug tests before hiring you, and some even do random drug tests once you're hired...plus, who's got time to be financially supporting their weed habit? That's taking $$ away from me and our family. It's all about thinking of the other person, and wanting to do better and be better not only for yourself, but for your spouse. You're supposed to be bringing each other up, not down---and if it causing you stress in ANY shape, way, or form, then it is bringing you down. I wish you guys luck, and I hope that at the end of the day you all can look at your SO's and feel like they have YOU ALL's best interests in mind...and that they are giving just as much in your relationship as you are giving to them....One love :star:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
finesse.. khia is a rapper.. "my neck my back" and don't she sing the line dance song "kang wang wid it"

ok, just wanted to make sure it wasn't someone on this thread in the pic before i start talking ish...cuz these people look busted...dude has the biggest forehead i ever seen

THAT IS MY BROTHER and I don't appreciate you talking about him like that. Just last year he was chosen the most handsome man in the magazine Africa's Most Eligible Bachelor. Do you have any idea how many women have offered him dowries to be married to him? How dare you. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

my bad... :rofl::rofl:

Timeline

nice to know that hubby is here and settling in nicely ells. jawi i am due in nov but i think they will induce me and take them earlier since i am having twins.they say it's common to deliver twins at 37 weeks.know that i will be numb from the waist down or someone will feel some of my pain,literally.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JW.....! How are you doing?

Kept thinking about you and wondering if you went to see the Michael Jackson Schrine they have out there in Gary!!

Then My step sis had twins and one can out natural the the other decided to flip at the last minute and try to come out feet first so they had to do a c-section.... How are the babies?

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.