Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part16)

7,074 posts in this topic

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yeah finesse the have a test girl.. better get them american history books out LOL

i don't know about what else it entails tho stone..

jg.. i agree..i for one know that things aren't always as they seem.. i did tell my ex the truth that i didn't see a future and it still took 1 year to get out..nobody knew a thing about what was going on..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
a test??? i didn't know we were going to have a test..

Yup - most American's can't pass it -

http://blogthings.com/couldyoupasstheuscitizenshiptestquiz/

i saw that test. hubby went through the questions and got 95% i think he got the question wrong about how often a senator can be elected

i didn't know you could just pay a fine and get off coming in illegally

i thought that was an automatic 10 yr ban

Edited by Bunzarelli

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
that's it. i've heard enough. i'm sending my husband back. can i get a refund?

:blush:

don't u have faith in hubby.. he will pass w/ flying colors LOL.. we do think we all that i guess.. who says u have to be a history major to be a citizen LOL

Timeline

It was only during a certain period, Bunz - They passed a bill called 245(i) that said if you were in the country illegally but had been here during X dates, you could pay the fine and start to process to adjust status - (well, that's the simplified version of it, lol)

It didn't always work - I know people who got their GC that way - others that got deported -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

don't u have faith in hubby.. he will pass w/ flying colors LOL.. we do think we all that i guess.. who says u have to be a history major to be a citizen LOL

i'm just playin girl..

Timeline

i saw that test. hubby went through the questions and got 95% i think he got the question wrong about how often a senator can be elected

i have a friend here at work. her hubby came from mexico illegally.. they may have had a fine i dont know, BUT i know he has to go back to Mexico during the filing for his visa.. they have a lawyer so i hope he would have advised them well enough, hope it wasn't a trick to get him to leave so they can ban him for 10 yrs..

i'm just playin girl..

me too.. :rofl: i know u ain't rite in the head.. :bonk:

Timeline

She had a really good lawyer who filed a lot of paperwork to make that happen....don't want to give the impression it was that easy...and I think it was before 9/11 so it wasn't as strict as it is now...

It was only during a certain period, Bunz - They passed a bill called 245(i) that said if you were in the country illegally but had been here during X dates, you could pay the fine and start to process to adjust status - (well, that's the simplified version of it, lol)

It didn't always work - I know people who got their GC that way - others that got deported -

Yes sus...cause i remember too that they had to get married within a time frame too...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

Took a furlough (unpaid) day off yesterday & played tour guide for my girlfriend & her husband & their two boys who came from Redding to watch the Giants game. We had a really fun day!

My laugh of the day - I got a message on FB from a woman - the title of the email was Conversation, and here is the message:

"sorry im new at this but im not new at seeing beauty"

I replied back huh? and emailed the friend that we had in common to ask if the woman was Gay - Then I got a reply back - it was her son, using his mother's profile to pick up women -

LMAO

Oh my goodness.....what a dork! :yes:

no, the cops didn't have to shut it down....but I wish they would of. This was like the party that never ended. For the most part, it was fun. My husband had everything under control. He made all the food and did most of the cleanup. I just had to do a lot of running around beforehand. I think I went to get ice about 10 times.

so many funny and stupid things happened, i can't even remember right now. All I remember is when we finally woke up the next day, there were still people partying at my house.....including one dude who nobody knew...like he just wandered in the yard from the alley at 5am for a beer and decided to stay.....

:rofl: Can I come to the next one??

Thank you to:

NatPatBen

Justucia

Kimmy

Sunray

(and Jawi before).

You guys KNOW why. The rest of you are slackers!!!!!!!!!!

What happened? What did I miss?? I don't know anything.... :huh::huh:

I'm so proud of me!

1) I went to bed early (11:45pm), 2) got up early (7:45am), and 3) I walked/jogged a mile before work this morning! I know it doesn't sound like much to you hard-core exercisers... but every part of those three things was a major victory for me.

That's on top of last night, where I cleaned up in prep for the housekeeper coming today. That's a chore I hate (just like getting eyebrows waxed, putting gas in the car, and responding to email) but I was proud to get it done.

You go girl! But once again I swear you are my soul sister because we're better night people than morning people & all three of those things would be a fete for me too! (Not to mention I have a hard time with certain basic chores AND responding to e-mails!) :yes:

hi yardies

back at work

had a nice quiet but meaningful weekend :luv:

YAY! :dance:

Why is July taking so DAMN long? This entire year has flown by...but oh no...let me have a countdown and it slows to a crawl! DANG IT!!!!

And July is just a flingin flangin LONG month anyway!! :angry::wacko:

Still having a BALL!! Can't believe half my vacation is over :(

My famously camera shy husband let me take some pics of him, first in a YEAR!!!!

He took the baby on a jetski ride, baby thought he died and went to heaven lol!!!

That is sooo cute! I can only imagine the look on little man's face being with Papa on the big jetski!

Those pics are fabulous!

Timeline

so last night hubby and i were talking about all the ####### that people used to tell us to try and discourage us from being together and we were crackin up so bad..

most of what i heard from my friends/coworkers/family maybe you all have heard too....like he just wants a better life, wants to come to america, wants a greencard, etc...

but i couldn't believe what his friends told him. they said that american women just want to file for you and then treat you like ####### when you get there and boss you around and rule your life and then you will be miserable!! i guess maybe this has happened but i thought it was hilarious!!

ha! ha! anybody else heard any good ones?

Timeline

oh ok i get you

yo i'm hearing mcnair's woman killed herself when she found out her had ANOTHER side girl

this gets wilder and wilder

PLUS she told her freinds she was going to kill herself

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline

Okay i was pissed the hell off two hours ago!!!!!! thinking i was caught up but was still in thread 15!!! so this is a double post...

Okay all caught up.... First of all where the hell is everybody???

second Dada n Hotlegz lmao yall need to stop i seen the both of yall pic's and neither one of yall are ugly so just stop it!!! i yuh want i can show yall sum ugly or less attractive ppl :whistle:

third MY TRIP WAS AWESOME i had a blast! went to the jerk festival my friends met me on Thursday they all luvvvv J **kiss teeth** him try fi tek mi frenz away! I worked my #### off in my shoes all di gals either dem ah pree or rate me when i wore dem... It was so funny cause i mean the guys was going hard as soon as j look the other way i had them blowing kisses and acting up lmao i asked j if he was mad he was like no it make him feel good all the men ah pree his girl and im shutting all them down lol... i really had fun fun fun dis time i was truly myself i mean in the club singing all the songs dancing my azz off j was like oh so this is the Tee i been hearing about lol fun times mi ah sey... the only thing that pissed me off was the fact that j did not stop smoking yet like he was suppose to do last month after cussing him the hell out for a hour i came to the fact that i am not going to nagg him or bother myself about it he know what he needs to do to get what he wants so if smoking is that important than obviously im not! so mi caan manage nuh more stress and mi nuh bother wit dat so hopefully he would wise up! but all in all i had fun alot of laughing and smiling i so proud of myself cause when i use to leave before i use to be so dramatic but now i got it unda control I think j kinda miss me acting a fool in the airport cause he was like how come yu ah bawl fi Michael Jackson and nuh bawl at the airport nomore lol i thought that was cute :blush:

ohhhhhhhhh this is so late but here's and update on mi fren with the donkey pic on the net i left a comment under the pic asking the moderator to stop being so mean and to take it down because its a shame that you cant just go out and let loose a lil without being ridiculed and shockingly she took it down, my fren was so damn happy i was more like ummmm hummmmm whatever....

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Aright I share a little embarrassing moment with you all and in the words of Tre uh betta not laugh.

Well a few years back I went to Cancun with my family and we decided to go snorkeling out in the sea. It was a blast we rode this high power boat out and we were hitting the waves and everything was cris. Well we all get off the boat and jump in the water because its time to snorkel. Loved it!!!! The swim was nice and the fish were bountiful. We’ll the swimming part is over and its time to get back on the boat. Everyone is hoisting themselves up and getting in the boat. It was a small boat so there wasn’t a ladder or anything like. Well now its time for Dada to get in the boat and as much as I tried to hoist my ####### up it won’t go. See I was light in the water but man gravity kicked in full force when its was time to get in the boat. So before you knew it I had to put one leg on the boat and try to pull my self up and the Mexicans had to jump back in the water and it took two of them to try and push me up because you know they are small things and well someone video taped it and watching these two scrawny men plus myself trying like god almighty to get me in that boat was sooooo embarrassing. My family till this day still howls.

So I always look at the Jet Skies like man I want to do it but my biggest fear is What will I do if I fall off……

:rofl::rofl: Oh DaDa I can only imagine what that looked like while it was happening! I've never been able to wakeboard because of my big ol' booty & that is one of the things I want to do the most! If I could just get my a$$ out of the water, I know I'd do great cause I can snowboard like nobody's business, even with my size. It's just that with wakeboarding, you have to hang on until the boat pulls you up & my a$$ drags for so long, I lose my grip strength & the rope SNAPS out of my hands before I can get up. :crying::crying:

I think you'd do okay on the jetski though cause you can crawl up from the back & just hang on. I dunno....I've never had a problem & my upper body strength can't always keep up with my lower body size! :no::whistle::lol:

Ha Ha, Dada. I love to jet ski.

I went on the jet ski with a JA friend of mine about 6 years ago. He turned us too fast and we fell off. He's splashing all around, spitting out water and thrashing, grabs me and sort of throws me towards the ski and yells at me to grab on. I'm like what are you doing? He says saving you. I said, stand up....we're in like 4 feet of water.

They are really nice pics, JAE.

:rofl::rofl::no:

No girl the ones that video taped it were the ones who threw the tour. The edit it and add music so at the end of your tour you’ll have pictures of what you did. So just my luck whoever went with us have a forever memorable shot of my ####### trying to get in the boat. If it wasn’t me it would be so hilarious. I mean in one shot you see one foot on the boat and then you see me pulling and then next thing you know SPLASH I fell back in the water and then when I finally got on the boat to see me rolling over the side and then bouncing in the boat its just well I put my head down and just shake it from side to side. My brother and father both bought a copy.

:rofl::rofl: Leave it to family to make sure they always have something they can hold over you! :yes:

i DO NOT go outside.. becuz i hate bugs and i have the kind of skin that every lil nick stays w/ me forever.. so i am sooo mad that i had attack of the mosquitos trying to have quality time w/ roger LOL!!!!

i am doing really good not scratching but dang these things are itching something major.. i have tried alcohol, campho phenique.. some chigger stuff... i am not gonna give the drug store anymore of my money.. evidently they all are just crocks and dont work.. :crying:

I feel your pain, I joined a group on FB " I hate Mosquitos" LOL I am like you :help: they bite me I swell up and scratch for dear life and nothing works! There is supposed to be some kind of bracelet that wards off the mosquitos but I haven't tried it.

Do you have citronella candles they seem to work for us in the garden at night with the help of the mosquito net

on the gazebo!

I joined that FB group too! ESPECIALLY after this last trip. I was nearly killed by mosquitos!! (And I'm only slightly exaggerating!) I kept getting bites that would get almost instantly infected probably since I couldn't help scratching....those things are just too damn itchy!! Each bite would turn into this red, swollen & awful (I won't go into further detail) mess. In Jamaica I was able to alleviate the first round by soaking in salt water which drew out the extra fluid that kept seeping (gross I know) but I had a whole bunch of bites on my right foot the day we left & by the time I reached SF my foot had swollen to twice its size! I tried to self-treat the next day but by the following day, things were only getting way worse. I went to urgent care & they said it was a good thing I came in. Ended up having to have an antibiotic injection in my booty & had to take a 2 week round of oral antibiotics too! My foot still hurts where it was swollen! When it was really bad people would look at me like I had the plague! I couldn't wear shoes cause my foot was too swollen to fit & had to wear flip flops the first two weeks back at work. I'll NEVER go to Jamaica again without a brand new mosquito net! :no::no:

lmao why the hell am i STILL feeling sandy

my car looks like i carried the beach away with me

i freakin hate that!! sand all up inna yuh tuun tuun...all inan yuh ears hole

Yep! That's why I'm more of a lake/river gal than a beach gal! :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.